pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Re: U.K. going on lockdown, USA stopping restricting movement. WTF

Post by pepesgrill » November 14, 2020, 12:15 pm

unfortunately sometimewoodworker, you keep
conveniently omitting " total population" from
your calculations. not exactly honest research

infections/1000 or infections per 10,000 clearly
shows rates higher in u.k. HIGHER IN U.K.

guardian.co.uk your own papers cover spike? and
spreadsheet(s) is plural as in , more than one?
it's not false info i mind but your smug gloating
you are obviously NOT a research scientist and
obsessed with covid in states seems bizarre

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 14, 2020, 1:23 pm

glalt wrote:
November 14, 2020, 10:51 am
As it is, all the controls now used only prolong the spread of the virus.
Are you saying that slowing the spread is a poor idea?

It’s certainly no secret that the whole aim for the controls is precisely to slow, or in some countries stop, the spread of the disease. Then once effective safe vaccines reasonably easily transported and administered are available a mass vaccination effort will be made. The result will be orders of magnitude fewer people will be hospitalised, have long term after effects or die.

The USA hospitals are going to over 100% capacity now it’s reasonably easy to predict that the avoidable death rate from both Covid-19 and other conditions that can’t now be treated will be going up in the next few weeks. It is quite possible that the mid April numbers will be exceeded.

Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders) a group you expect to see in countries with extremely poor health services is now working (not just fund raising) in the USA
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 14, 2020, 2:38 pm

pepesgrill wrote:
November 14, 2020, 12:15 pm
There are many ways to analyse and present the data. I have chosen one. The calculations hardly, if at all, classify as research, I have never claimed it to be.

If you do not like it then present your own, do your own work and don’t complain that I’ve not doing it the way you want.

I have offered to add U.K. data if you can get it to me in a way that makes adding it to the spreadsheet reasonably simple.

I have no interest in adding the extra data that you deem important , if you are so concerned I can send you the raw data which is comprised of 6 fields you can then do your own calculations and present your own conclusions instead of complaining that I’m not doing what you like.
Yes it is. Your point is?
As I pointed out I have 1, not more than 1, so it is spreadsheet, as in singular not plural, as in 1 not more than 1.
you are obviously NOT a research scientist
I agree, I have one quite a few jobs but never that one.
I am reporting facts in a way that is easy to see and for some easy to understand.
[you being] obsessed with covid in states seems bizarre
The really bizarre thing is that a country that says it has the best health system, that claims to be the pinnacle of the capitalist system can have failed so badly at both. That a country that is decrying the benefits of social medicine is so bad. That that country can tolerate the on going disaster that is the federal government’s approach to the situation.

Obsessed is rather a stretch. I add the 2 fields and am astounded at the ongoing depressing disaster the data represents. I would be more than happy to revert to 8 or more years ago and before when there was a generally logical situation in the USA and I paid little attention to it.

The stupidity of the first 3 years of the current government and criminal disaster since January is something I would have preferred not to have witnessed. Regrettably it is not just an internal matter it has effected many countries. It has also irreversibly reduced the trust and so influence that the USA had and consequently boosted both China and Russia.

It’s well known that all politicians lie but tRump has managed to lie almost all the time and incredibly stupid ways that are so easily shown to be worthless.
It would be of some academic interest to see the actual numbers and compare them to others.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 14, 2020, 2:45 pm

[/quote]

Slowing the spread keeps the hospitals from being over run. Being able to give victims the best possible care means that the number of victims must be controlled. Shutting everything down is counter productive.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 14, 2020, 2:46 pm

USA going to over 180,000 today, so next week it will be over 51 times greater than the sum total reported in Thailand for one day in the USA
A3086F6C-7110-4C9A-AB2F-288BB776C104.jpeg

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 14, 2020, 3:02 pm

glalt wrote:
November 14, 2020, 2:45 pm

Slowing the spread keeps the hospitals from being over run. Being able to give victims the best possible care means that the number of victims must be controlled.
I am in complete agreement with you there

unfortunately and sadly it’s extremely likely that the USA will again show what happens when you don’t do that in the next few weeks, possibly even months.
Shutting everything down is counter productive.
There are degrees of shutdown possible, how much makes sense is way above my pay grade, and probably nobody knows the amount where you can safely balance.

The Thai border shutdown and current easing of that is working for the safety of the people. I am thankful that I’m here with a virtual zero chance of infection and that I didn’t get caught in the U.K. or Japan.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 15, 2020, 8:17 am

Provisional data that will be corrected when the information is updated. There has been an update to a couple of days.

The changes are small so I’m not updating this, the next post will have the changed numbers.
7F9B9490-A7E0-4DFD-B034-EAE722F334EF.jpeg
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on November 15, 2020, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 15, 2020, 12:37 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
November 14, 2020, 2:38 pm
pepesgrill wrote:
November 14, 2020, 12:15 pm
There are many ways to analyse and present the data. I have chosen one. The calculations hardly, if at all, classify as research, I have never claimed it to be.

If you do not like it then present your own, do your own work and don’t complain that I’ve not doing it the way you want.

I have offered to add U.K. data if you can get it to me in a way that makes adding it to the spreadsheet reasonably simple.

I have no interest in adding the extra data that you deem important , if you are so concerned I can send you the raw data which is comprised of 6 fields you can then do your own calculations and present your own conclusions instead of complaining that I’m not doing what you like.
Yes it is. Your point is?
As I pointed out I have 1, not more than 1, so it is spreadsheet, as in singular not plural, as in 1 not more than 1.
you are obviously NOT a research scientist
I agree, I have one quite a few jobs but never that one.
I am reporting facts in a way that is easy to see and for some easy to understand.
[you being] obsessed with covid in states seems bizarre
The really bizarre thing is that a country that says it has the best health system, that claims to be the pinnacle of the capitalist system can have failed so badly at both. That a country that is decrying the benefits of social medicine is so bad. That that country can tolerate the on going disaster that is the federal government’s approach to the situation.

Obsessed is rather a stretch. I add the 2 fields and am astounded at the ongoing depressing disaster the data represents. I would be more than happy to revert to 8 or more years ago and before when there was a generally logical situation in the USA and I paid little attention to it.

The stupidity of the first 3 years of the current government and criminal disaster since January is something I would have preferred not to have witnessed. Regrettably it is not just an internal matter it has effected many countries. It has also irreversibly reduced the trust and so influence that the USA had and consequently boosted both China and Russia.

It’s well known that all politicians lie but tRump has managed to lie almost all the time and incredibly stupid ways that are so easily shown to be worthless.
It would be of some academic interest to see the actual numbers and compare them to others.
I have to say credit where credit is due for the time & effort spent in construction of this reply.
Let’s not forget you’re dealing with someone here who still hasn’t grasped the concept of wordwrap so hits the carriage return key like a typewriter whenever his line of words reach the edge of the screen
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 15, 2020, 1:56 pm

"Let’s not forget you’re dealing with someone here who still hasn’t grasped the concept of wordwrap so hits the carriage return key like a typewriter whenever his line of words reach the edge of the screen"

Doesn't everybody ? carriage return, that's the one with Enter and the arrow isnt it?

Warped words and brains are nothing new to this forum :lol: :lol:

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 15, 2020, 2:51 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 15, 2020, 1:56 pm
"Let’s not forget you’re dealing with someone here who still hasn’t grasped the concept of wordwrap so hits the carriage return key like a typewriter whenever his line of words reach the edge of the screen"

Doesn't everybody ? carriage return, that's the one with Enter and the arrow isnt it?

Warped words and brains are nothing new to this forum :lol: :lol:
Coming from another who can’t fathom out the one button quote function this is hardly surprising
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 15, 2020, 2:59 pm

Lazy arses. You know who you are.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » November 16, 2020, 1:22 am

and i thought all these charts,graphs,spreadsheet(s) had some meaning. i couldn't have been more mistaken. nothing is being compared, contrasted, analyzed. he's just
posting u.s. data, claiming it's the worst, and then
throwing in anecdotes about american life which
most often, have nothing to do with covid wtf🙄

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 16, 2020, 8:04 am

Note to self and others, remember now the Orange is on the way out the subspecies are free to roam
FF70940A-6E6A-4C72-8F84-36E12ED1CA7D.jpeg
Public Domain image
FF70940A-6E6A-4C72-8F84-36E12ED1CA7D.jpeg (41.81 KiB) Viewed 1395 times
The USA drop in numbers is due, as usual, to the weekend and is not a real drop.

DAF492E6-34EE-4707-A81F-BC051099D9A1.jpeg
Updated numbers
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on November 16, 2020, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 16, 2020, 8:13 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
November 16, 2020, 8:04 am
Note to self and others, remember now the Orange is on the way out the subspecies are free to roam

FF70940A-6E6A-4C72-8F84-36E12ED1CA7D.jpeg

The USA drop in numbers is due, as usual, to the weekend and is not a real drop.

285B7289-57CF-4585-95EE-645076E0E2D0.jpeg
Thanks for the data on the spreadsheet , don't need a research scientist or even a rocket scientist to see where the numbers are taking america
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 16, 2020, 8:50 am

papafarang wrote:
November 16, 2020, 8:13 am
Thanks for the data on the spreadsheet , don't need a research scientist or even a rocket scientist to see where the numbers are taking america
Nice to know there are a few who find them useful.

I started it in late March for myself then added in the USA numbers when they started to go crazy so I could add my own graphs

I find the graphs that I also have, generated by the data, specially with 7+ day averaging make the trend data easier to see. I’ve posted some of them a few times and can do so periodically if there is interest.

It’s terrible how unnecessary the USA people are going to continue to suffer and how that could have been reduced enormously, how any preventive measures can’t be brought in this year because of criminally incompetent actions and how so many millions will be effected by an avoidable disease.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » November 16, 2020, 8:55 am

was reading today about a 4 year old texas boy
who lost both his parents. im sure many similar
stories around world. yes the larger countries
have almost identical rates of infection. some
smaller countries like u.k. actually worse. its just
nothing to snigger & chortle about. reallylow-class

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 16, 2020, 9:58 am

I use this website
Has most relevant data easily accessible

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 16, 2020, 10:39 am

Good site noosy , they said on the news yesterday that 1/20 hospital admissions end in death. As for america , its a great example of how not to control a virus. The difference between the USA and the UK is we know in the UK an idiot is in charge .
Trump says no lockdown ,what a spiteful thing to do knowing in two months time he will from day one blame biden for all the deaths
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 16, 2020, 10:53 am

noosard wrote:
November 16, 2020, 9:58 am
I use this website
Has most relevant data easily accessible

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
As you can see in most posts, that is the origin of by data. But the granular data is only available short term hence the spreadsheet.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 16, 2020, 11:01 am

papafarang wrote:
November 16, 2020, 10:39 am
they said on the news yesterday that 1/20 hospital admissions end in death. As for america , its a great example of how not to control a virus. The difference between the USA and the UK is we know in the UK an idiot is in charge .
The problem with the 1/20 number is that it applies while the hospitals have capacity. What is coming up in the USA where there’s no meaningful control is that number will probably drop (death rate rising) as local capacity is overwhelmingly filled and there is no coordinated federal response.

It may happen in other countries but at least they are making an attempt at control.

The USA is AFICS unique in the total abdication of government responsibility so is appallingly winning at killing its residents. It has people who care, it has the ability to respond but will not.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on November 17, 2020, 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”