Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by vincemunday » September 18, 2020, 1:00 pm

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Friday:
🔸3,497 people infected (+7)
🔸3,328 discharged from hospital (+3)
🔸111 in hospital
🔸58 dead (+0)

The 7 new cases are 2 foreigners, who came from Bangladesh (1) & Pakistan (1), and 5 Thais, from Saudi Arabia (4) and Qatar (1).
Attachments
FB_IMG_1600408811822.jpg

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » September 18, 2020, 7:36 pm

The wife is in Haneda Japan awaiting the final leg of her trip fron U.S. to Thailand. She posted this pic of the departure board. Notice everything cancelled (her flight not listed yet). She had a 10 hour layover there. She started in Chicago but others came from Dallas she said.
FB_IMG_1600431873826.jpg
P.S. From time she arrived at U.S. airport until she finally get to hotel in Bangkok it will be an estimated 38 to 40 hours wearing a mask.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 19, 2020, 4:09 pm

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Saturday:
🔸3,500 people infected (+3)
🔸3,338 discharged from hospital (+10)
🔸103 in hospital
🔸59 dead (+1)

The 3 news cases are Thais in state quarantine who returned from Brazil (1) and Yemen (2). Also one more death #RIP
Attachments
FB_IMG_1600506558477.jpg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 20, 2020, 9:20 am

I think we can expect some sort of new wave of infections pòssibly stemming from.the studentvrally in Bkk this weekend .. the PM certainly had a piont reference the rally causing covid issues and a possibility of further lockdowns and therefire economic misery .

Extensive TV coverage of the rally shows thousands in a confined space many maskless ...

Dm.watched quite a bit of the rally including the speeches but got distracted by Miss Grand zthailand beauty pageny on channel 31 ..

Congrats to the lovely sultry ebony skinned Nam.on winning .. miss Udon was a cracker but Nam.nailed it in the national.costume and swimsuit sections

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 20, 2020, 9:21 am

https://youtu.be/K9Bx0WhYjao

Opps for got the link .. not a mask in site in all that kissing crying n prancing ..excellent viewing.

Dm

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 20, 2020, 12:17 pm

I thInk a huge concern are the Burmese who have crossed the border and are avoiding immigration, apparently they’re struggling with Covid19 over there but the runaways are either oblivious or the don’t give a sod.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 20, 2020, 2:11 pm

DM
How can we have new infections due to the rally on the weekend?
Thailand hasnt reported but one or two internal infections in 4 months. Going to the market everyday, children in crowded classrooms everyday, Hospitals with diseased people all in one facility and we havent seen an out break?

Just wondering why you think it will have due to a group of people getting together in BKK???

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 20, 2020, 3:31 pm

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Sunday:
🔸3,506 people infected (+6)
🔸3,340 discharged from hospital (+2)
🔸107 in hospital
🔸59 dead (+0)

The 3 news cases are Thais in state quarantine who returned from Saudi Arabia (2) Kuwait (1) and Morocco (3).
Attachments
FB_IMG_1600590675626.jpg

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 20, 2020, 3:43 pm

Doodoo wrote:
September 20, 2020, 2:11 pm
DM
How can we have new infections due to the rally on the weekend?
Thailand hasnt reported but one or two internal infections in 4 months. Going to the market everyday, children in crowded classrooms everyday, Hospitals with diseased people all in one facility and we havent seen an out break?

Just wondering why you think it will have due to a group of people getting together in BKK???
IMO the rally was ill.timed and should of been postponed .. yes the people attending have valid pionts n issues but the PM advising there are more important things to deal.with at the moment ..ie Covid n the rebuilding of the economy ..not more restrictions due to local.infections ..even tho.Prayut could be seen to be exploiting the covid situation to defuse he made a very valid point IMO ....
We are still.seeing face masks social.distancing and signing into places like banks n shopping centers etc SO
Its obvious this rally created a risk of possibke infections regardless of case numbers here in Thailand being low ..if they are accurate .. which you obviously think.is the case others may disagree .

Time will tell ..

Dm.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 20, 2020, 4:16 pm

With the shenanigans in the US, UK and Victoria, I'm not sure what the truth is about Covid spread anywhere anymore but with all this sudden adulation for "Tuu", it does look like DM's got boiling frog syndrome. I hope he wears a mask when he comes back oop north(east).

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 20, 2020, 4:29 pm

No sudden adulation ... one minute its how well.covid has been handled here (by the government) next its bollocks to the PMs advice n do as we want ..

As a foriegner looking in from.the outside i have my own views on all things Thai including politics .. but being on the outside means i cant effect anythi g so best just go with the flow ..

Btw Tammy .. in some ways despite the way he came into.power Prayut has done a decent job in areas .. and looking at the student rally it most certainly has been infiltrated by the red shirts of isan for other means ..

Ding ding round 2 next month ..24 th i believe

Covid needs defeating and this has to be priority above just about everything ..exvept Scunny getting oromotion this season .

Dm

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 20, 2020, 4:37 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 20, 2020, 4:29 pm

Btw Tammy .. in some ways despite the way he came into.power Prayut has done a decent job in areas .. and looking at the student rally it most certainly has been infiltrated by the red shirts of isan for other means ..
I read somewhere that Mussolini got the trains running on time - and look how he ended up.

A number of other countries/states have demonstrated it is possible to control Covid, and enjoy democracy, at the same time.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 21, 2020, 3:35 pm

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Monday:
🔸3,506 people infected (+0)
🔸3,342 discharged from hospital (+2)
🔸105 in hospital
🔸59 dead (+0)

There are no new reported infections.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1600677256266.jpg

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 22, 2020, 8:41 am

The current visa amnesty ends on September 26 and there isn’t going to be another sudden announcement for another grace period, according to immigration officials. Those who overstay will face arrest and be deported back to their home countries. Immigration officials estimate there are more than 150,000 foreign nationals who need to have their tourist visas renewed.

Is there going to be a mad rush for the door ?
Or are the detention centres going to be full ?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 22, 2020, 9:49 am

^ In addition there's a whole lot less BOOKABLE seats on airplanes out of Bangkok over the past 3-4 weeks. For example KLM are heavily involved with the Thai repatriation effort with sometimes two flights a day from/to Amsterdam as they also served Manila and Kuala Lumpur using Bangkok as a stopover each way. Looking at KLM's website, their first BOOKABLE flights to Europe from Bangkok are on 6th January 2021 and their 'where we fly' map doesn't show BKK as a current destination. However, they are still flying in and out of Bangkok and KL873 is due in around 13:40 today before heading off to Taipei, turning around and passing back through BKK this evening as KL874 headed back to Hamsterjam. BTW, they are not selling tickets for these flights on their website.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 22, 2020, 3:22 pm

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Tuesday:
🔸3,511 people infected (+5)
🔸3,343 discharged from hospital (+1)
🔸109 in hospital
🔸59 dead (+0)

The 5 new cases are 4 foreigners from India (4), and 1 Thai who came back from Switzerland (1). All of them were in quarantine.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1600762890073.jpg

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » September 22, 2020, 11:30 pm

Thsnks to the Trumpster we unfortunately made 200,000 deaths in the U.S.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/22/health/u ... =algorithm

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 23, 2020, 5:58 am

The counter passed 200,000 a number of days ago USA is up to USA 205,380 deaths

Sad number to be tracking

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 23, 2020, 7:28 am

One may well blame Trump but in all honesty after seeing the Am,erican news ( various sources ) and listened to the pro and anti Trump Rhetoric, I put this figure down to the following ( placed in no particular order )
Stupidity, Complacency, ignorance , Corruption and selfishness.
None of which endear me to those that say Trump is the problem or that China is the problem, He ( POTUS ) has not helped that is fact , China well they possible knew but declined to say anything until they had no choice ( Asian thing face saving again ) . People I find rely purely what is available on line, their individual thinking ability lessened due to reliance on what is said, very few seek to find answers, just believe the tripe trotted out daily by all then become polarised in their attitude depending on what suits them, even if that attitude can and has been proven to harm others.

But hey-ho that means people are doing what they want, being selfish and uncaring about the affects their actions have on others. Sort of like the man that parked outside of myself ( correctly parked ) in a Udon street the other day , completely blocking me in and went into a nearby shop to buy some stuff, when advised he was blocking me in by my Thai friend, walked along to another store and eventually came back, got in and drove off some 20 minutes later without so much as an apology.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 23, 2020, 8:06 am

Excellent covid related address to the nation by Boris yesterday .. i think.hes doing a great job in very very dificult and unchsrtered waters ..in fact IMO that can be said of numerous other world leaders like Trump , Putin and for that matter Prayut .

=D> =D> =D>

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”