Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

samuel
udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by samuel » July 17, 2021, 6:46 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 16, 2021, 5:43 pm
...This mob cant be trusted and should be sued.

DM
wait and see what will be the outcome of this > https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/21 ... _h01gnA6Ao

BKK-Udon
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by BKK-Udon » July 17, 2021, 12:31 pm

noosard wrote:
July 13, 2021, 5:03 pm
Pretty sure social distancing was reduced to about all but zero
@noosard thanks for the write-up about your experience at Udon Rajabaht University. Rolled up to get some information and was surprised at the efficient major operation they had going! Staff from Udon General and various other Udon health centers. It was not super busy Thursday, but was told Wednesday was and Friday would be as they had AZ on those days.

My info was in the system as I had registered on Mor Prom Line with the help of Army hospital. The staff weren’t sure why I had not been assigned a date. For AZ, they were guessing 2-5 months wait. However, a same day Sinovac would be followed up with an AZ in 3 weeks time. Bird in the hand and all that... appt. for 2nd shot (AZ) confirmed on August 6th. Hopeful!

Cheers!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » July 17, 2021, 12:34 pm

all us geezers on BP and Cholesterol Meds. Good News?? https://www.miamiherald.com/news/corona ... 16303.html
Dave

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 17, 2021, 2:12 pm

Anybody got uptodate details of red Zone restrictions, somehow lost my jottings .

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 17, 2021, 3:11 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
July 17, 2021, 12:34 pm
all us geezers on BP and Cholesterol Meds. Good News?? https://www.miamiherald.com/news/corona ... 16303.html
Sounds all those pills I take might be beneficial

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » July 17, 2021, 4:24 pm

noosard wrote:
July 17, 2021, 3:11 pm
FrazeeDK wrote:
July 17, 2021, 12:34 pm
Sounds all those pills I take might be beneficial
Just received another 6 months worth of prescriptions from Aus. and have some left overs. I could strike a deal with anyone having a loose 3800 Baht hanging around! 55555
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 17, 2021, 5:27 pm

KP

All I could locate regarding the restrictions for Red Zones is the following, If I read more I will post

"Tight restrictions in dark red zones were imposed on Monday restricting interprovincial travel, limiting gatherings to no more than 5 people and ordering residents to stay at home from 9pm to 4am."

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » July 17, 2021, 5:54 pm

tamada wrote:
July 17, 2021, 5:12 pm
I have heard that the US are offering a vaccination schedule.
The U.S. is giving nothing to its citizens. The US Congress and President are worthless pieces of excrement. :(

From the release:

The Thai Government has informed the U.S. Embassy that it (the Thai Government) is offering U.S. citizens in Thailand the opportunity to be vaccinated with the AstraZeneca vaccine at 4 p.m. this Sunday July 18, 2021 at SCG Headquarters in Bang Sue area of Bangkok. This is the same AZ poison Thai people have been refusing for months now because it is garbage. These are the vaccines the Thai government couldn't give away free to its own citizens.

Where are the quality vaccinations Americans researched, developed, paid for, and donated to Thailand?
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 17, 2021, 6:19 pm

Giggle wrote:
July 17, 2021, 5:54 pm

From the release:

The Thai Government has informed the U.S. Embassy that it (the Thai Government) is offering U.S. citizens in Thailand the opportunity to be vaccinated with the AstraZeneca vaccine at 4 p.m. this Sunday July 18, 2021 at SCG Headquarters in Bang Sue area of Bangkok. This is the same AZ poison Thai people have been refusing for months now because it is garbage. These are the vaccines the Thai government couldn't give away free to its own citizens.
Go on, giggles - you're pulling our legs again, aren't you.

Did the US Embassy really say what I have underlined above?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 18, 2021, 6:53 am

Doodoo wrote:
July 17, 2021, 5:27 pm
KP

All I could locate regarding the restrictions for Red Zones is the following, If I read more I will post

"Tight restrictions in dark red zones were imposed on Monday restricting interprovincial travel, limiting gatherings to no more than 5 people and ordering residents to stay at home from 9pm to 4am."
Thanks for that, I thought a Curfew was part of it.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 18, 2021, 7:31 am

We all know the quality vaccines are probably six months away.....so waiting until then is a risk that will keep rising if the situation gets worse.

Instead of whining about it why not take the vaccines that are available (they do offer some protection).

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 18, 2021, 7:53 am

Khun Paul wrote:
July 18, 2021, 6:53 am
Doodoo wrote:
KP

No curfew last night .. plenty out n about circa 23;00 when i took the dogs out ... maybe the memo was delayed in transit, it is open to conjecture just how the changing restrictions are relayed to the general population .

Due a delivery from Bkk today , inter provincial travel is allowed with correct paperwork (disinfectant spray ready)
and
Gang of a dozen mostly maskless roadies just rocked up as well

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 18, 2021, 12:10 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 18, 2021, 7:53 am
Khun Paul wrote:
July 18, 2021, 6:53 am
Doodoo wrote:
KP

No curfew last night .. plenty out n about circa 23;00 when i took the dogs out ... maybe the memo was delayed in transit, it is open to conjecture just how the changing restrictions are relayed to the general population .

Due a delivery from Bkk today , inter provincial travel is allowed with correct paperwork (disinfectant spray ready)
and
Gang of a dozen mostly maskless roadies just rocked up as well

DM
No problems or delays on deliveries at the moment, I’ve got 1 a day from DHL for the last 3 days plus a few others.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » July 18, 2021, 1:14 pm

Moderna shots to be allotted . BKK Post

"Not all people who have booked, and paid for, the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine from private hospitals will get all their shots since an allotment system will apply, according to the chairman of the Private Hospitals Association."

Full article here:
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... e-allotted

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 18, 2021, 1:35 pm

colt1911 wrote:
July 18, 2021, 1:14 pm
Moderna shots to be allotted . BKK Post

"Not all people who have booked, and paid for, the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine from private hospitals will get all their shots since an allotment system will apply, according to the chairman of the Private Hospitals Association."

Full article here:
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... e-allotted
Well that was always on the cards ... and getting a refund when you arent ""chosen"" will be nigh on impossible as the private hospitals will just say wait wait and wait a bit longer... its coming its coming the vaccines coming soon.

This is just another example of a money grab without any clear firm plans of if it will ever be able to happen.. with early 2022 now looking to be optimistic.

Well spotted Ban Dung Dero ..go to top ov the class.

DM

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 18, 2021, 1:42 pm

What a LOAD

So are people to wait for 6 months to fnd out they aremt getting teh vaccine??? and then what, get fed the leftovers???

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 18, 2021, 1:52 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 18, 2021, 7:31 am
We all know the quality vaccines are probably six months away.....so waiting until then is a risk that will keep rising if the situation gets worse.

Instead of whining about it why not take the vaccines that are available (they do offer some protection).
I have to agree that something is better than nothing. I am concerned that vaccine nationalism is increasingly apparent across the world with arbitrary and non-scientific decisions on what is or isn't acceptable. It's ridiculous that a country can discriminate against an AZ manufactured in Italy and an identical AZ bottled in India.

But that's for the debate thread. not this one.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 18, 2021, 1:56 pm

Tam
I wondering why you can get your two cents worth in and then tell others this is not the place to debate. Is it now Moderator Tam??

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 18, 2021, 1:58 pm

Doodoo wrote:
July 18, 2021, 1:42 pm
What a LOAD

So are people to wait for 6 months to fnd out they aremt getting teh vaccine??? and then what, get fed the leftovers???
TIT doodoo .. it looks like it could go that way.. just cos youve registered and paid means diddlysquat .. it seems whatever number of Moderna vaccines arrive most will be diverted to other sectors with very few dribbling down to the 9 mil plus people who registered at the private hospitals

Agree a shot of anything may have to do as initial protection until the decent vaccines are more readily available

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 18, 2021, 3:23 pm

I was just informed by my favourite hostelry that as from tomorrow, Curfew in Udon 2100 to 0400. Resatrictions on alcohol and other big shops malls etc apart from food and drink everything else roped off. So although some say fake news why are they spouting it, I have no clue , nothing will affect me as yet .

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”