Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by pipoz4444 » April 17, 2021, 11:07 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
April 17, 2021, 8:26 am
Thrombocytopenia CVST is a known risk, modelled in mice a couple of years ago, for an adenoviral vector injected intravenously

The risk for Moderna and phizer are at 4.1 per million vs 5 per million for AZ of J&J

For thrombosis leading to the liver he risk for Moderna and phizer are at 44 per million vs 1.6 per million for AZ of J&J

There is no data available on the cause of the clotting beyond the fact that aspiration of injections has been deprecated, this could be one of the causal factors

This information changes my advice to SWMBO that any vaccine is OK if injected correctly but AZ of J&J are potentially a little safer.

The takeaway for anyone getting vaccinated is ensure that the person performing the injection aspirates the syringe after inserting but before injection. If there is blood it shows that the needle is in a blood vessel this is potentially bad, if there is no blood it’s in the mussel where it should be.

The takeaway for the decision to vaccinate is that covid19 risks for these are much greater along with many other problems it brings.
Have a number of staff currently going through there vaccination process, with the Moderna Vaccine, last week. First jab only. Four have had no side effects whatsoever, either the day after or the next day and so are fine the Fifth, had a cold shivering feeling and mild head ache on the day immediately after the vaccination, but was fine by the next day. A small sample i realize. But of the 200 plus people that I know of, whom have been vaccinated with either Phzier or Moderna in the past month, none have experienced any serious side effects or complications after vaccination.

My view is that, if you are 60 plus, you would have to be an idiot or have a death wish, to decide, "Not to choose to be Vaccinated", at this time, if the opportunity to get the Phzier or Moderna vaccines, came along. :-k

pipoz4444

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 17, 2021, 11:15 am

AlexO wrote:
April 17, 2021, 9:23 am
tamada wrote:
April 17, 2021, 9:02 am
COVID passenger warning for FOURTEEN Phuket flights

PHUKET: Passengers on 14 flights between Phuket and Bangkok between Apr 4-10 have been urged to present themselves to a government hospital for a COVID test and observe any quarantine order by officials.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/covid-pas ... -79703.php

Using a worst-case scenario where everyone is infected and ignores social distancing, testing or self-isolation, based on the stated rates of community transmission from the 'basic' Covid-19 of last year, these 329 'suspect' passengers could infect over 820 other people in the first 5 days. Subsequently, those infected could spread to almost 133,600 after 30 days. Since we now have the 'Kent' variant that is reportedly 3.5 as infectious as the original strain positively identified as being present in Thailand, well you do the math.

I think it is prescient to suggest that all our members forego ANY plans for domestic air travel until the current situation gets sorted out.
Tam
Do wish you would stop calling it the "Kent variant". Too many halfwits will start to believe that this new variant of the virus originated in Kent and the Brits are to blame for it rather than it was identified by a lab in Kent as a new mutation if the Chinese Virus. Too many haters just waiting to blame the UK for a new deadly strain.
I'm not about to pander to halfwits and haters but the 'Kent variant' or the 'UK variant' is what it's been known as as globally ever since it was first identified in the UK late last year. It has bugger all to do with a 'lab in Kent' either. It was first detected in British citizens in a coastal community in Kent.

https://www.newscientist.com/definition ... t-b-1-1-7/

Since February, it has been widely broadcast to "sweep the world" in 2021, so the halfwits are the health authorities in Thailand and other countries that thought that they could ever keep it from entering their countries.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56019995

PS: It looks like the 'Kent variant' is 50 times as transmissible therefore my math is totally buggered.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 17, 2021, 12:55 pm

tamada wrote:
April 17, 2021, 11:15 am
AlexO wrote:
April 17, 2021, 9:23 am
tamada wrote:
April 17, 2021, 9:02 am
COVID passenger warning for FOURTEEN Phuket flights

PHUKET: Passengers on 14 flights between Phuket and Bangkok between Apr 4-10 have been urged to present themselves to a government hospital for a COVID test and observe any quarantine order by officials.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/covid-pas ... -79703.php

Using a worst-case scenario where everyone is infected and ignores social distancing, testing or self-isolation, based on the stated rates of community transmission from the 'basic' Covid-19 of last year, these 329 'suspect' passengers could infect over 820 other people in the first 5 days. Subsequently, those infected could spread to almost 133,600 after 30 days. Since we now have the 'Kent' variant that is reportedly 3.5 as infectious as the original strain positively identified as being present in Thailand, well you do the math.

I think it is prescient to suggest that all our members forego ANY plans for domestic air travel until the current situation gets sorted out.
Tam
Do wish you would stop calling it the "Kent variant". Too many halfwits will start to believe that this new variant of the virus originated in Kent and the Brits are to blame for it rather than it was identified by a lab in Kent as a new mutation if the Chinese Virus. Too many haters just waiting to blame the UK for a new deadly strain.
I'm not about to pander to halfwits and haters but the 'Kent variant' or the 'UK variant' is what it's been known as as globally ever since it was first identified in the UK late last year. It has bugger all to do with a 'lab in Kent' either. It was first detected in British citizens in a coastal community in Kent.

Since February, it has been widely broadcast to "sweep the world" in 2021, so the halfwits are the health authorities in Thailand and other countries that thought that they could ever keep it from entering their countries.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56019995

PS: It looks like the 'Kent variant' is 50 times as transmissible therefore my math is totally buggered.
So who actually discovered it, some lab in Pakistan and just decided to call it the 'Kent Variant' FFS. How many people from Kent have entered Thailand without isolation/quarantine and multiple testing and started this new International wave??.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 17, 2021, 9:35 pm

^ The genomic analysis for the Kent variant was extracted in a lab in the UK. However, the Dutch reckoned they had the first recorded instance if it some five weeks earlier. But they didn't have the same resources as the U.K. labs. If they had, it may have been called the Dutch strain. Due to the proximity to the English Channel, the Daily Mail crowd tried to pin it on dirty refugees in dinghies so it could have been the Iran strain. Not at all sure if Pakistan has a dog in this fight but the Thai health wonks reckon the case that popped up in Thailand was walk-in from Cambodia.

PS: The clue to it suddenly turning up here and shattering one's illusion of dodging bullets is it being 50 x more infectious. It's the mutation everyone was warned about but most dullards thought it was an "English problem".

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 18, 2021, 8:46 am

tamada wrote:

That is a typo. There is no way that it is that much more transmissible. We’re it accurate it would in all reporting. It was probably supposed to be + 0.5 and even at that number it is high
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 18, 2021, 8:49 am

Just don't call it the Wuhan Flu -- Beijing and the apologist pale-faced rent boys of the WHO will get upset.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 18, 2021, 9:21 am

April 18, 2021, 8:46 am
tamada wrote:

That is a typo. There is no way that it is that much more transmissible. We’re it accurate it would in all reporting. It was probably supposed to be + 0.5 and even at that number it is high
Take it up with the authors then. I do agree that it's probably penned by someone who conflates logarithmic with linear.

"First sequenced in September 2020, the UK variant of coronavirus emerged in southeast England, and is commonly known as B.1.1.7. It is around 50 times more transmissible than other covid variants, which means it can cause many more deaths if allowed to spread uncontrolled. ..."

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 18, 2021, 9:38 am

A must watch vid .. from the 1970s

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 18, 2021, 12:21 pm

So Thailand has the "Kent" variant.

Meanwhile, back in land where Kent is, they've got the all-new, faster, quicker "Indian" variant... just in time for summer pubs opening, schools holidays and trips to the beach.

Covid variant first detected in India is found in the UK

Seventy-seven cases of B.1.617, which has potentially worrying mutations, reported in England and Scotland

A coronavirus variant with potentially worrying mutations that was first detected in India has been found in the UK.[/b]

"In total, 77 cases of the variant, known as B.1.617, have been recorded in the UK up to 14 April, according to the latest update from Public Health England (PHE), released on Thursday. Of these, 73 were recorded in England and four in Scotland.

It was the first time PHE had reported the variant in the UK."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... a-found-uk

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 18, 2021, 1:01 pm

Another "record high " for cases today... although more than likely to be beaten in the next week after Songkran travellers return....
EzOw7S1UcAQF5Zj.jpeg
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 18, 2021, 1:51 pm

Sister-in-law gets her Covid vaccine (1st dose) today at Udon Hospital.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 18, 2021, 1:56 pm

mak wrote:
April 18, 2021, 1:51 pm
Sister-in-law gets her Covid vaccine (1st dose) today at Udon Hospital.
Free or paid?
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 18, 2021, 2:18 pm

Free, she's an employee.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 18, 2021, 3:01 pm

tamada wrote:
April 18, 2021, 9:21 am
tamada wrote:

Take it up with the authors then. I do agree that it's probably penned by someone who conflates logarithmic with linear.

"First sequenced in September 2020, the UK variant of coronavirus emerged in southeast England, and is commonly known as B.1.1.7. It is around 50 times more transmissible than other covid variants, which means it can cause many more deaths if allowed to spread uncontrolled. ..."[/i]

The first variant of Covid-19 was discovered in Wuhan, China so why not (as DT used to say) the China Virus or the Wuhan virus. Maybe we are just too scared to say the truth. Again your authors say "emerged" rather than identified when you have already confirmed the Dutch found it first but did not want to call it the Cloggie or EU variant.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 18, 2021, 3:38 pm

4,000 employees got their 1st jab (Sinovac) today. 2nd jab May 9.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 18, 2021, 3:40 pm

Has anyone heard about a curfew 11pm to 4 am being imposed from midnight yesterday ??

DM

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 18, 2021, 3:57 pm

"It’s important to note there is no curfew, but the order in red zones closes even 7-11’s overnight."
"Today has also marked the first day of the new Covid-19 health measures implementation nationwide following the announcement on Friday. The restrictions includes the closure of all entertainment venues, the prohibition of alcohol sales in dine-in restaurants, red zone restrictions of the closure of all restaurants after 11:00 P.M. as well as convenience stores like 7-11’s and supermarkets from 11:00 P.M. to 4:00 A.M., and more."

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 18, 2021, 4:09 pm

mak wrote:
April 18, 2021, 3:57 pm
"It’s important to note there is no curfew, but the order in red zones closes even 7-11’s overnight."
"Today has also marked the first day of the new Covid-19 health measures implementation nationwide following the announcement on Friday. The restrictions includes the closure of all entertainment venues, the prohibition of alcohol sales in dine-in restaurants, red zone restrictions of the closure of all restaurants after 11:00 P.M. as well as convenience stores like 7-11’s and supermarkets from 11:00 P.M. to 4:00 A.M., and more."
Chz mak .. that explains it.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 18, 2021, 4:12 pm

New restrictions nationwide start Sunday to curb surge in COVID-19 infections.
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/new-restri ... nfections/

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 18, 2021, 6:36 pm

AlexO wrote:
April 18, 2021, 3:01 pm
tamada wrote:
April 18, 2021, 9:21 am
tamada wrote:

"First sequenced in September 2020, the UK variant of coronavirus emerged in southeast England, and is commonly known as B.1.1.7. It is around 50 times more transmissible than other covid variants, which means it can cause many more deaths if allowed to spread uncontrolled. ..."[/i]

The first variant of Covid-19 was discovered in Wuhan, China so why not (as DT used to say) the China Virus or the Wuhan virus. Maybe we are just too scared to say the truth. Again your authors say "emerged" rather than identified when you have already confirmed the Dutch found it first but did not want to call it the Cloggie or EU variant.
The scientific community are the ones linking variants to their origins. AFAIK, the Brazilian and South African strains were labeled as such once the scientists IN ENGLAND had done the full, genomic work that Brazil and South Africa didn't have the resources or expertise to do quickly, same as the Dutch. Chances are the new Indian strain was identified by the same labs in England.

Some folk are inveterate labelers, while others want see something in a name that isn't there. Call it WuFlu if it makes you feel better. In the meantime, I think I'll call it Doris as she was the least popular of my many aunties.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”