Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

noosard
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by noosard » April 26, 2021, 12:42 pm

Thats is a tough considering how many not wear masks
yesterday i reckon about 50% no masks
1 village would have been 90% failure to wear
Most cars can not see in easily to determine whether one is wearing one or not

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » April 26, 2021, 1:02 pm

Just out of Curiosity how is a farm laborer or a villager scraping to put food on there table going to pay a 20k fine for non mask offence ?. Do the authorities real'y think this is going to happen.

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » April 26, 2021, 1:32 pm

Yep!!!!
Attachments
CB2120C4-A76E-4903-B965-31FAE43E85B4.jpeg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 26, 2021, 1:40 pm

noosard wrote:
April 26, 2021, 12:42 pm
Thats is a tough considering how many not wear masks
yesterday i reckon about 50% no masks
1 village would have been 90% failure to wear
Most cars can not see in easily to determine whether one is wearing one or not
There was a scrawny looking local wandering slowly up our soi this morning without a mask. He wasn't one of our neighbors so I shouted at him.

Then I threw a rock.

Then I unleashed the dogs.

It's getting all too biblical now...

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 26, 2021, 1:56 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 26, 2021, 12:19 pm
Things are not as black n white as they seem.. A Thai friend called in .. yesterday fined 500 bt for not wearing a mask whilst ALONE IN THE CAR ... why 500 bt who knows ??? answers on a post card to Udon City Hall.

i wasnt gonna buy it until a police receipt for the fine was produced dated yesterday.

DM
The maximum fine for that is 20,000 baht so probably reduced for a 1st offence.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 26, 2021, 3:05 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
April 26, 2021, 1:56 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 26, 2021, 12:19 pm
Things are not as black n white as they seem.. A Thai friend called in .. yesterday fined 500 bt for not wearing a mask whilst ALONE IN THE CAR ... why 500 bt who knows ??? answers on a post card to Udon City Hall.

i wasnt gonna buy it until a police receipt for the fine was produced dated yesterday.

DM
The maximum fine for that is 20,000 baht so probably reduced for a 1st offence.
True. Or testing the waters on what's going to be hard spot-fine to fill.

Maybe the full 20k whack will be reserved for "Aggravated Non-masking" or "Willful Intent to Non-mask" or "First-degree Non-masking"?

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » April 26, 2021, 3:20 pm

Fine!!!!
Attachments
53174FA8-8821-4104-8173-1ABA6658F8FC.jpeg
CBAB8FF2-409A-4F45-8B13-3426A5703945.jpeg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 26, 2021, 3:30 pm

What if I drive around with no mask in this then?
8848_o.jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 26, 2021, 3:32 pm

Time for a helpful reminder that Mak posted around this time last year.
Attachments
Virus.jpg

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 26, 2021, 6:13 pm

Incase you are of to Bangkok

"Law department in Bangkok. Not wearing a hygienic mask for sitting in a private car for 2 people or more. Wearing a hygienic mask if the officer detects the non-wear person will be legally fined immediately."

Have your 20,000 bant at your side.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 26, 2021, 6:45 pm

^ For two people or more?

What about Biggles all alone in his Sopwith Pup?

vlad
udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by vlad » April 27, 2021, 2:56 am

This is why some members think and are quite happy to call me out as Anti Thai. i call out Thais when they single out Westerners and constantly blame them for thailand's woes another case appeared today on The Thaiger news where there chief reporter stated Phuket's vice Governor stirred the pot by singling out what he described as " Problem Foreigners " for not wearing masks in public. One photo showed hundreds of locals in Cafe del Mar there reporter asked where was the vice governor when the Ho So Thais descended to Phuket from BKK . The reporter states there are foreigners not sticking to the rules but there few compared to the locals. As he reported its just another case of blaming the foreigner instead of pulling together everyone he also reminded his viewers of the thai health minister calling foreigners who didn't wash and were dirty. So before you jump in with the old vlads bashing again read The Thaiger.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 27, 2021, 7:25 am

^ Mornin' vlad. Most of us over here couldn't give a toss about what Anutin and his paid monkeys spout. We all know he's an unqualified waste of skin but due to his money and connections, he has power and retains his sycophantic entourage. It's like white noise or static whenever he gets media attention. Startling parallels with Matt Wanksock's loose canonry IMHO. All hat and no cattle as Whistler says.

Now, how's your farm doing?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 27, 2021, 8:10 am

Whilst i agree somewhat with your point that expats do tend to get blamed for various issues vlad (not only covid) its nothing new ....alas incidents like this latest one dont help the cause of the ""problem Foreigners"" ...

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... ya-28-held

On a seperate note a business colleague in Bkk told me the musicians (well known band) who play the HISO pub/club circuit performed at the Krystal club also did gigs in Hua Hin and Cafe del mar in Phuket ..all 5 were infected , henceforth many ' Thai superstars" in their own right were infected.. by the news coverage some are using social media to utilize their hospitalization as a publicity stunt.

Lets hope the new mask laws and other regulations get on top of this 3rd wave ASAP.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 27, 2021, 8:35 am

From the amount of Filipino's nabbed, it looks like some of those at the Pattaya birthday bust were possibly teachers? Can't educate adobo either.

The youngest niece's birthday party last night was a very, very low key affair with the rain putting out the candles. At it's most frenetic, I observed aforementioned birthday girl and her erstwhile beau sitting on mats in the lounge, masks on, three meters apart with a couple of pizzas... and doing their own thing on their smartphones.

Young love, eh?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 27, 2021, 8:55 am

yes most at the Pattaya kneesup were teachers according to the news report last night.

Please Puffys party went ahead without me .. catch up on the ironing today eh ? ..

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 27, 2021, 9:39 am

The cynic in me says this is just a publicity stunt to “show they mean business”
Thai PM fined 6,000 baht for not wearing face mask during Cabinet meeting
The Thaiger
27/04/21

You know what it’s like when you’re rushing out the door in the morning with too many things on your mind. You’re being slammed for your handling of a pandemic, berated for your failure to procure sufficient vaccines and generally, having a bit of a rough ride. There’s a lot to distract you as you gather your belongings. Keys, check. Wallet, check. Medals, check. Into the car you get and off you go to serve the people who elected… oops, no scratch that bit. Only on arrival at your place of work do you realise that with all you’ve had to worry about, you forgot to bring a face mask – doh!
PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has had to cough up 6,000 baht after the Bangkok governor fined him for not wearing a face mask while attending a meeting at Government House yesterday. Thai PBS World reports that a photo of the PM sitting at a meeting table without a face mask was posted on his own Facebook page after the meeting. The photo was later removed, but by then, it had already been shared by eagle-eyed netizens.

Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang visited Government House later that day, accompanied by the chief of the Metropolitan Police Bureau and an officer from Dusit police station. The governor informed the PM that he had violated the law that mandates the wearing of face masks in public and was therefore being fined 6,000 baht. The maximum fine for the offence is 20,000 baht, usually less for a first time offence.
Speaking to the media later, the governor said that, prior to his visit to Government House, the PM had asked him if he’d broken the law by going mask-less. He says he confirmed he had and that the PM was happy to pay the fine for his slip-up. Truly, an example to us all.
SOURCE: Thai PBS World
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 27, 2021, 9:54 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 27, 2021, 8:55 am
yes most at the Pattaya kneesup were teachers according to the news report last night.

Please Puffys party went ahead without me .. catch up on the ironing today eh ? ..

DM
Sorry DM, rain meant no laundry. No laundry meant no drying. No drying meant... oh, you work it out.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 27, 2021, 10:00 am

Niggly wrote:
April 27, 2021, 9:39 am
The cynic in me says this is just a publicity stunt to “show they mean business”
Thai PM fined 6,000 baht for not wearing face mask during Cabinet meeting
The Thaiger
27/04/21

You know what it’s like when you’re rushing out the door in the morning with too many things on your mind. You’re being slammed for your handling of a pandemic, berated for your failure to procure sufficient vaccines and generally, having a bit of a rough ride. There’s a lot to distract you as you gather your belongings. Keys, check. Wallet, check. Medals, check. Into the car you get and off you go to serve the people who elected… oops, no scratch that bit. Only on arrival at your place of work do you realise that with all you’ve had to worry about, you forgot to bring a face mask – doh!
PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has had to cough up 6,000 baht after the Bangkok governor fined him for not wearing a face mask while attending a meeting at Government House yesterday. Thai PBS World reports that a photo of the PM sitting at a meeting table without a face mask was posted on his own Facebook page after the meeting. The photo was later removed, but by then, it had already been shared by eagle-eyed netizens.

Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang visited Government House later that day, accompanied by the chief of the Metropolitan Police Bureau and an officer from Dusit police station. The governor informed the PM that he had violated the law that mandates the wearing of face masks in public and was therefore being fined 6,000 baht. The maximum fine for the offence is 20,000 baht, usually less for a first time offence.
Speaking to the media later, the governor said that, prior to his visit to Government House, the PM had asked him if he’d broken the law by going mask-less. He says he confirmed he had and that the PM was happy to pay the fine for his slip-up. Truly, an example to us all.
SOURCE: Thai PBS World
I would have thought so too until now. Popped out the front gate without a mask to go looking for one of our errant mutts. Noticed some neighbors all masked up, a couple working on a motorbike and another couple of guys from the ice factory returning from the mom n pop shop next door.

I didn't notice any stink-eye at the time yet here I am, typing while handcuffed on my own patio while Mrs tam makes a run to the ATM...
Last edited by tamada on April 27, 2021, 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » April 27, 2021, 10:01 am

Buy a tumble dryer, or just ruffle up some clothes

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”