Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / Covid important Information

Post by pipoz4444 » March 16, 2020, 1:26 pm

This was taken from Standford Medicine News Center on 05 March 2020, and only deals with the Testing aspects

Extract: "The Stanford Health Care Clinical Virology Laboratory has launched a diagnostic test developed for the virus that causes COVID-19. The test is being used for patients at Stanford Health Care and Stanford Children’s Health suspected of being infected with the respiratory virus SARS-CoV-2, which is spreading globally after being first identified in Wuhan, a city in China, late last year. It is expected to deliver results within 12-24 hours.

As with all currently available tests, it’s not yet clear how long a person needs to be infected before testing positive, or whether someone who's infected could be identified by the test before displaying symptoms"

I would suggest from this that the jury is still out, on how long the infection period is before one actually prove Positive to Testing.

pipoz4444

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/ ... n-use.html

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 16, 2020, 1:31 pm

vincemunday wrote:
March 16, 2020, 8:30 am
A great visual of symptoms
I have number 7 Sore Throat

I just wondered what order the major Covid 19 symptoms normally start to appear in. Can find it in any information :-k

Which one (symptom) normally comes first, which one then tends to follow and so on after that.

One would expect they follow some sort of sequence

pipoz4444

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 16, 2020, 3:58 pm

We get tested every day here, although the Test at present, is just the temperature test.

If your temperature is in the range of 36.0 to 37.4 C and you have no other symptoms such as increased coughing, Nausea, Headaches and or Sore Throat, they accept that you are OK for the day.

If however, your temperature approaches 37.5C and you start to develop a dry cough at the same time, they take you for a blood test at the Hospital. All Testing be at the Hospital or Private Doctors clinic is free

pipoz4444

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by semperfiguy » March 16, 2020, 9:10 pm

My Cardiologist, who by the way was recently called to be the K**g's primary heart doctor, has his own LINE group, and last night he posted a recorded message to say that the Thai government is ordering all hospital directors to NOT report their cases of Coronavirus to the general public. Other doctors and nurses are saying the same things on social media, so there is really no telling how many people are actually ill from this virus.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 16, 2020, 11:50 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
March 16, 2020, 9:10 pm
My Cardiologist, who by the way was recently called to be the K**g's primary heart doctor, has his own LINE group, and last night he posted a recorded message to say that the Thai government is ordering all hospital directors to NOT report their cases of Coronavirus to the general public. Other doctors and nurses are saying the same things on social media, so there is really no telling how many people are actually ill from this virus.
Be very careful there SFG .. you treading on thin ice posting SPECULATION like that ..
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » March 17, 2020, 5:05 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 16, 2020, 11:50 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
March 16, 2020, 9:10 pm
Be very careful there SFG .. you treading on thin ice posting SPECULATION like that ..
China kept quiet about this virus for weeks , and look at the mess the world is in now !!!!
I do not trust any figures that come out in S E Asia . Not just Thailand , but the whole region with its close affiliations with the Chinese . Also Russia where thousands of Chinese live and work around Vladivostock .
None of these countries are shall we say transparent . Many like to treat their citizens like mushrooms .
Keep them in the dark and feed them nonsense .
Many Thais do not understand the severity of this virus , or how to deal with it if they contract it , and its not really their fault .
They will wear a mask maybe , but ive still seen them eating out of one bowl of food , using their hands .
It beggers belief to me , but in the most part they are under informed .
If it does kick off big time here , all hell will break loose .
The health service just will not cope , and the Health minister is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard .
Stock up on essentials , keep your heads down , and above all keep yourself and your families as safe as you can .

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 17, 2020, 5:29 am

China kept quiet about this virus for weeks , and look at the mess the world is in now !!!!
I do not trust any figures that come out in S E Asia . Not just Thailand , but the whole region with its close affiliations with the Chinese . Also Russia where thousands of Chinese live and work around Vladivostock .
None of these countries are shall we say transparent . Many like to treat their citizens like mushrooms .
Keep them in the dark and feed them nonsense .
Many Thais do not understand the severity of this virus , or how to deal with it if they contract it , and its not really their fault .
They will wear a mask maybe , but ive still seen them eating out of one bowl of food , using their hands .
It beggers belief to me , but in the most part they are under informed .
If it does kick off big time here , all hell will break loose .
The health service just will not cope , and the Health minister is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard .
Stock up on essentials , keep your heads down , and above all keep yourself and your families as safe as you can .
[/quote]

I believe many thais do understand they are mushrooms
they know they are kept in the dark but just accept this is how it is
And yes lots do share their and drinks in a manner we do not like

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 19, 2020, 1:27 am

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.....but am guessing that there will be a slew of other similar announcements....following the paths that other countries have taken. It's probably not of interest to most expats here, but may be of interest to those in the Ban Dung area (good news/bad news sort of thing)
Kham Chanot is closing for 2 weeks due to the corona virus beginning on 23 March.
Attachments
90307747_2860388620722888_1841106012820471808_o.jpg

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » March 19, 2020, 5:45 am

China reporting virtually no new cases and deaths.
With a 1.4 billion population and the fact that 1000,s would have left Wuhan before the lockdown, thats gotta be the biggest load of rubbish ever broadcast.

China is either blatantly lying, or they have a vaccine.

Mick

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 19, 2020, 9:00 am

Civid 19 spikes in Thailand with 35 cases yesterday with a ripple effect across the nation .. not a suprize with thousands of un screened staff from closed Bkk Pattaya n Phuket businesses jumping on buses ,trains and driving back to their home towns n villages ..

DM

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 19, 2020, 9:09 am

"China is either blatantly lying, or they have a vaccine."

OR they have no new cases to report. It has to happen sometime

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 19, 2020, 9:18 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 19, 2020, 9:00 am
Civid 19 spikes in Thailand with 35 cases yesterday with a ripple effect across the nation .. not a suprize with thousands of un screened staff from closed Bkk Pattaya n Phuket businesses jumping on buses ,trains and driving back to their home towns n villages ..

DM
TO ADD ..AS MORE TRAVEL North expect this to get a lot worse.
Doodoo wrote:
March 19, 2020, 9:09 am
"China is either blatantly lying, or they have a vaccine."

OR they have no new cases to report. It has to happen sometime
I think theres more to this out break then meets the eye and wouldnt put owt past the slippery Chinese buggars... is it all about world domination???

DM

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » March 19, 2020, 11:29 am

Its all about nonsense standards more like . Something needs to improve there , and soon .
Think about it , in the last few years , they have been responsible for SARS , two bouts of swine flu , and now this Corona virus .
Yet the W H O does nothing , the Chinese authorities do nothing , and the whole world pays the price .
They need to up their game and smartish , or next year it will be something else that will spread from China

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 19, 2020, 12:15 pm

Saint
I have read that SARS was yes from China but the past strains of Swine Flu and there are many have not only come from China but other countries such as USA, Canada, UK, Philippines, India, Nepal , Pakistan, and even the Maldives have all had their turn with Swine Flu. It appears if you have a pig look out.
So standards while needed are flagrant in many countries and not only China

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 19, 2020, 12:21 pm

DM
OFF Topic I know but
Chinese and world domination????
Now who started that, ____??

The country that has invaded the most countries in the world, the country that colonized the most countries in the world
small geographically but just had to get out there, the UK
A new study has found that at various times the British have invaded almost 90 per cent of the countries around the globe.

The analysis of the histories of the almost 200 countries in the world found only 22 which have never experienced an invasion by the British.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 19, 2020, 12:27 pm

This is not a racist rant ..

i cant comment on China with regard to standards of hygiene etc as never been ..but i have been to India and i found it to be the dirtiest place ever .. saw people openly taking a dump side of the road in the gutter and the air quality was severely bad , i love indian food but never ate street food looking at the guys that were cooking it ... needed to buy some soap haircut and wash powder... other than main hotels very few places had proper toilets and wash basins in fact i saw one guy pissing on his hands.. that said it was a good few years back .. approx 23 to be precise so things may have progressed.

Like ive already said i reckon theres more to this virus "break out" than meets the eye and i tend to SEMI share some of the views of recent conspiracy theorists theories.

DM

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 19, 2020, 12:49 pm

Then maybe we should only comment on our own backyard
It certainly needs improvement in the field of Cleanliness as see on our beaches, roads, highways, markets and food establishments, businesses etc

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 19, 2020, 2:49 pm

Not sure how many Udon expats will be affected (was quite a few 20 years ago), but with the UK govt freezing all rent payments (private and public sectors) during the emergency how many here are reliant on renting their UK house/flat out to pay for their life in Udon?

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » March 19, 2020, 3:04 pm

60 new COVID cases today :(

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » March 19, 2020, 3:06 pm

Queue outside Udon Hospital at 7 am this morning. Line at Makro for 4 masks/person 2 hours.
Attachments
Udon Hospital.jpg

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”