Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

noosard
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by noosard » November 28, 2020, 4:43 pm

The Chinese have blamed the USA for covid, back in March
Blamed the Italians last week
The flavour of this week is the Indians being to close to the monkeys during a drought May June 2019
Why they havent blame the mink farmers as it is an easy target of numerous nations with a mutated version

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 4, 2020, 8:23 am

possible end to the pandemic is in sight. Thailand will start Covid-19 vaccinations in May 2021, according to the Department of Disease Control. The department released a plan on administering the vaccine produced by pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca and Oxford University.

Vaccination centres are planned to be set up in more than 10,000 sub districts which will prevent overcrowding at hospitals. Medical staff, young children, elderly people and vulnerable groups will be first in line for the injections. The vaccinations will be free of charge at government facilities while private hospitals can purchase their own supply, according to DDC director-general Opas Karnkawinpong.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thai ... n-may-2021

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 4, 2020, 8:27 am

The good news for me is I will be able to wait another year (2022) if the vaccine becomes a compulsory requirement for extension of stay or a visa

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 4, 2020, 9:27 am

noosard wrote:
December 4, 2020, 8:27 am
The good news for me is I will be able to wait another year (2022) if the vaccine becomes a compulsory requirement for extension of stay or a visa
While being able to delay a vacation (extremely unlikely to be a requirement for an extension of stay) is certainly something you can chose, unless you have a serious medical reason, then a long delay 6 months +, is not a wise choice.

The risks for older individuals who are hospitalised are from high to extremely high depending age.

Just an FYI the statistics on the risks of age related hospital admission for COVID-19 infections taking a baseline of the 18~29 year olds as the 1, are under

30~39 X 2 the risk.

40~49 X 3 the risk.

50~64 X 4 the risk.

65~74 X 5 the risk.

74~84 X 8 the risk.

85 -> X 13 the risk.

For those admittedly to hospital the risks of death compared to the baseline 18~29 age group are.

30~39 X 4 more likely to die.

40~49 X 10 more likely to die.

50~64 X 30 more likely to die.

65~74 X 90 more likely to die.

74~84 X 220 more likely to die.

85 -> X 630 more likely to die.

So the simple takeaway is the older you get the more and more dangerous it is to have to be admitted to hospital.

You can drastically reduce your chances of being hospitalised by taking daily 5,000 IU of vitamin D, having low dose aspirin (medically approved) and having an up to date & up to strength MMR titre levels, the information is under. The presenter of the information is

Dr. John Campbell is a Senior Lecturer in Nursing studies at the University of Cumbria. He has been a clinical nurse and a nurse tutor for over 30 years.

MMR Mumps vaccine immune reaction
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on December 4, 2020, 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 4, 2020, 9:34 am

I am in the 30x range plus maybe my blood adds 45% to the risk
Thailands risk at the moment is close to 0
Zero times any risk number is very close to zero
Oh it is zero
I will wait for prove that it is a safe vaccine that actually works
and take it when I have to
Line up the guinea pigs first

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 4, 2020, 10:00 am

noosard wrote:
December 4, 2020, 9:34 am
I am in the 30x range plus maybe my blood adds 45% to the risk
Thailands risk at the moment is close to 0
Zero times any risk number is very close to zero
Oh it is zero
I will wait for prove that it is a safe vaccine that actually works
and take it when I have to
Line up the guinea pigs first
At the moment the risks in Thailand are not Zero but are extremely low, so any rush to be vaccinated is not needed.

Unless you have travel plans you will probably never be required to get vaccinated.

If you have a good vitamin D level (you probably don’t unless you are taking it, I didn’t until I started supplements) and MMR antibodies your chance of being hospitalised will be very much lower, even if you have type A blood.

However once a reasonable percentage of the population and all high risk groups (that want it) have been vaccinated the borders WILL be opened, the quarantine measures will be reduced so the risk of meeting an infectious individual will rise.

FWIW the guinea pigs are in the pre clinical trials, so they’ve already had their turn. \:D/

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 4, 2020, 10:11 am

BTW the way the next guinea pigs are in the UK
Also dont expect the borders to be open in the next 6 months without quarantine
and possiblably a year or more yet

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 4, 2020, 10:16 am

So easy to get a second wave as shown in the last week.n the Ticeleck twats .. if i were a betting man .. thats IF Tam what if ?? .. i reckon mid 2021 at the earliest maybe later for any general tourist entrees ...by which time Patrs Phuket and Chang Mai will be on the scrap heap ..sad but a fact

Dm...doom n gloom NO ... reality
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 4, 2020, 11:31 am

noosard wrote:
December 4, 2020, 10:11 am
BTW the way the next guinea pigs are in the UK
Also dont expect the borders to be open in the next 6 months without quarantine
and possiblably a year or more yet
Almost certainly a reasonable time line since it’s going to take at least a couple of months for the majority of HR groups to get the first vaccination then another month for the second so it’s going to be July / August before there is even a reasonable chance chance of those getting an immune response, then probably 3 at least months more for the lower risk groups, so around 9 months at the soonest for a good percentage of the population.

At 10,000 centres you are still looking at 14,000 vaccinations per centre if the spread is uniform and it can’t be. So that’s a massive undertaking. How many people can a single nurse/doctor vaccinate per day?

While at some point the quarantine will be lifted I would expect it to be gradual and not get much change of time or requirements before June.

This holiday season is dead but the government and businesses will be desperately hoping that the 2021 high season will have some chance.

vlad
udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by vlad » December 4, 2020, 7:01 pm

Oh well we in ythe good old UK have just had an aplology from the US for scaremongering that we rushed our vaccine ahead of the US. Never mind boy's maybe tou can beat us at something else.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 5, 2020, 5:08 pm

papafarang wrote:
November 20, 2020, 12:54 pm

Let's simplify this ,at the top it clearly says healthy volunteers in stage 1 , second stage your post clearly shows the healthy volunteers , third stage it oddly says about people suffering with the condition ,if you already have covid then trying to vaccinate you would be pointless. The fact is to be in a clinical trail you have to be healthy. If you for some reason can't look this info up or you that its fake new then I can help you no further.
From the Moderna phase 3 trial information
The Phase 3 COVE study was designed in collaboration with the FDA and NIH to evaluate Americans at risk of severe COVID-19 disease and completed enrollment of more than 30,000 participants ages 18 and older in the U.S. on October 22, including those at high risk of severe complications of COVID-19 disease. The COVE study includes more than 7,000 Americans over the age of 65. It also includes more than 5,000 Americans who are under the age of 65 but have high-risk chronic diseases that put them at increased risk of severe COVID-19, such as diabetes, severe obesity and cardiac disease.
Will you now accept that phase 3 trials include individuals who are not in perfect health? Or is Moderna publishing “Fake news”

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 5, 2020, 5:22 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
December 4, 2020, 9:27 am
noosard wrote:
December 4, 2020, 8:27 am
While being able to delay a vacation (extremely unlikely to be a requirement for an extension of stay) is certainly something you can chose, unless you have a serious medical reason, then a long delay 6 months +, is not a wise choice.

Why is not wise to wait ?
The Thai population wont all be vaccinated by year end 2022
Just too many to do in the 6 or 7 months from a possible May start
By the time I need to do there will hopefully should be a lot more info by then and more choices

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 5, 2020, 6:02 pm

noosard wrote:
December 5, 2020, 5:22 pm
Why is not wise to wait ?
The Thai population wont all be vaccinated by year end 2022
Just too many to do in the 6 or 7 months from a possible May start
By the time I need to do there will hopefully should be a lot more info by then and more choices
I said it’s not wise to wait a long time. Whatever the state of vaccination of the Thai population, safety will be by being vaccinated at least 3 months before possible exposure. When will that be? Who knows. When will the people be coming in? Again who knows. Will the complete closure continue into 2022? almost certainly no. Even now if you are in Chang Mai and area you are at risk, very low sure but still at risk.

But in any event you decide for you, my suggestion is for anyone considering a significant delay.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 5, 2020, 6:56 pm

A long time is a length of string ie unknown
And no I am in small village west of Udon
Risk level of covid all but zero

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 6, 2020, 12:25 pm

Site now available for ASQ's for your viewing pleasure

https://asq.locanation.com/

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 6, 2020, 7:24 pm

"Queen Elizabeth Will Reportedly Share When She Has Had The COVID-19 Vaccine" Ata Girl lead the Country show them !!!

"It has not been announced if the Queen and Prince Philip will publically take the vaccine, but royal aides have told The Sunday Times the Queen may "let it be known" she has taken the shot. While showing public support for the vaccine could help silence conspiracy theories,"

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/qu ... li=AAggNb9

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » December 7, 2020, 8:55 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
December 5, 2020, 5:08 pm
papafarang wrote:
November 20, 2020, 12:54 pm

Let's simplify this ,at the top it clearly says healthy volunteers in stage 1 , second stage your post clearly shows the healthy volunteers , third stage it oddly says about people suffering with the condition ,if you already have covid then trying to vaccinate you would be pointless. The fact is to be in a clinical trail you have to be healthy. If you for some reason can't look this info up or you that its fake new then I can help you no further.
From the Moderna phase 3 trial information
The Phase 3 COVE study was designed in collaboration with the FDA and NIH to evaluate Americans at risk of severe COVID-19 disease and completed enrollment of more than 30,000 participants ages 18 and older in the U.S. on October 22, including those at high risk of severe complications of COVID-19 disease. The COVE study includes more than 7,000 Americans over the age of 65. It also includes more than 5,000 Americans who are under the age of 65 but have high-risk chronic diseases that put them at increased risk of severe COVID-19, such as diabetes, severe obesity and cardiac disease.
Will you now accept that phase 3 trials include individuals who are not in perfect health? Or is Moderna publishing “Fake news”
Oh dear ,we're talking about drug testing and you point out a rushed vaccine where normal protocols have been bypassed , 4-10 years it takes to develop drugs . the words ' emergency approval' give it away. If this vaccine has had a normal protocols we would be waiting years for it to be available ,one protocol is to study long term effects . I will accept due to urgency that they have not followed normal safe practice. If you think they have please tell me why its a two stage vaccine, why it has to be stored in extreme conditions and most importantly what long term issues/ side effects ? Under any other situation this drug will not have even been considered for use. As I said they crammed this to get it done, drugs are tested on healthy subjects , after it test OK on healthy people then they would move to focused groups for further testing . so you are wrong ,pointing out one emergency development out of 10,000's of other drugs that have been tested does not prove your point. Here's something to keep you busy, find out how many people in the testing are suffering from HIV , or how many children suffering from MS this drug was tested on ? , how about results on cancer patients ? Come back to me when you have results ,not that it would make any difference as we are talking about ' normal drug development '
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » December 7, 2020, 9:00 am

Meanwhile reported this morning , one american dies every 30 seconds from covid ,and its only going to get worse
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 7, 2020, 3:55 pm

Got to love this logic
With the number of infections found in Chiang Rai on the rise, officials in the northern province are working with their Myanmar counterparts on the Thai-Myanmar Border Committee (TBC) to encourage Thais working in the Myanmar town to return through the official border checkpoint at the second Thai-Myanmar Friendship Bridge, hoping to contain the outbreak.

But although they return through the checkpoint they will still be charged with crossing illegally, because the border is officially closed.

noosard
udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by noosard » December 8, 2020, 6:21 am

Love the first myth
Myth: This is the first time the mRNA vaccines have been tested on humans
Great answer
Although mRNA has yet to be utilized in an approved vaccine, experts say this doesn’t mean that the concept has never before been tested on humans.
Bring out the next dummy please
images (19).jpg
images (19).jpg (13.01 KiB) Viewed 780 times

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”