Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Doodoo » August 22, 2021, 10:53 am

In Khon Kean each dose is alotted to each patient so the story that they can run out is BS I was there yesterday and the papers were lined up with individuals names on each one that is attached to a questionarre for each doseage.
Well run facility with excellent awaiting staff

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 22, 2021, 10:59 am

Doodoo wrote:
August 22, 2021, 10:53 am
In Khon Kean each dose is alotted to each patient so the story that they can run out is BS I was there yesterday and the papers were lined up with individuals names on each one that is attached to a questionarre for each doseage.
Well run facility with excellent awaiting staff
=D> =D>

I hope its the same in Udon tomorrow morning doodoo .. will know soon enough. Im guessing the bookings method is more organized then walk in .. as previously posted im not aware if tomorrows jabathon is bookings only or bookings plus walk ins.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 22, 2021, 11:06 am

DM
Take protective gear for a Walk In Clinic and I dont mean just Masks more like Body Armour may be needed.
THey say to drink lots of water both before and after and the hard hard part no booze afterwards How long is up debate

Have fun

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 22, 2021, 11:32 am

Doodoo wrote:
August 22, 2021, 11:06 am
DM
Take protective gear for a Walk In Clinic and I dont mean just Masks more like Body Armour may be needed.
THey say to drink lots of water both before and after and the hard hard part no booze afterwards How long is up debate

Have fun
Thanks for the heads up .. i will dig out my Dallas Cowboys body armour from when i was their quarter back and borrow Earnests tin hat...if all else fails

I was wondering if there were any dos n donts both before and after the jab ??

DM

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » August 22, 2021, 2:10 pm

Doodoo wrote:
no booze afterwards How long is up debate
I was out with a mate a few hours after his first jab.

I've never seen him so p*****. He had to ring his wife from the station to read the departures board for him to verify the platform.

I blame it on the vaccine and not the 16 pints and 3 bottles of wine.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 22, 2021, 3:17 pm

Pfizer Booster Shot: Expect These Side Effects Says New Study.

https://youtu.be/Uvj5xoOStYI

..take it for what it is..some info only.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 22, 2021, 4:43 pm

if we see a Pfizer "booster" 3rd jab I imagine it won't be until next summer at earliest... Even in the States they're up in the air on when it will happen...
Dave

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 22, 2021, 5:07 pm

Anyone know if Udon Health is open for Pfizer bookings tomorrow?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 22, 2021, 5:20 pm

Hypothetical at the moment but after 2 Pfizer jabs could one have Moderna as a booster or secondary vaccine at some stage.

Newt ..was on UM earlier ..reg at moph then get appointment for Pfizer vac.

Grumpy i got the list similar as you 2 days ago had 49 names on it...most names expat but in Thai language.

DM

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 22, 2021, 5:33 pm

Doodoo wrote:
DM

Have fun
They say no booze for everything

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 22, 2021, 5:38 pm

Noo

Sorry in your case Drink Up and keep on

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 22, 2021, 5:59 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
August 22, 2021, 3:17 pm

Ireland, Israel report 50% hospitalized with COVID are VACCINATED. Govts want BOOSTER shots?

https://youtu.be/TtFapXG1zbo

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 22, 2021, 7:53 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
August 22, 2021, 5:59 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
August 22, 2021, 3:17 pm

Ireland, Israel report 50% hospitalized with COVID are VACCINATED. Govts want BOOSTER shots?

https://youtu.be/TtFapXG1zbo
There is disagreement between politicians and medical professionals on the point and need for booster shots. Politics says yes, medical professionals say no, for the majority, but yes in high risk groups.

Since politicians are not renowned for being careful how they spend tax money (and the reasons for not giving boosters require education) guess which one will prevail.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 23, 2021, 6:51 am

noosard wrote:
August 22, 2021, 5:33 pm
Doodoo wrote:
DM

Have fun
They say no booze for everything
When i9n the forces having vaccinations for a myriad of diseases and the like it was always NO BOOZE , but HM Forces ignored that and we all went boozing, all still alive !!

kwonitoy

Post by kwonitoy » August 23, 2021, 4:40 pm

Absolute gong show at the university Pfizer vaccination this morning.
Show up a 9:20, enter long line moving slowly, after 30 min wait have to show passport and then two girls try to find my name on reams of printouts. No name. Go stand in another long line moving slowly for 40 minuets. Girl on laptop finds my registration. Go to table a fill out sheet of paper.
Sit down.
The place is packed with old men(and me) with a lot of Thai wife running around trying to find out what's going on.
After about 45 min, an announcement is made in Thai and English. If your here for a vaccine SIT DOWN, if your with someone but not getting a vaccine, GET OUT.
The place noticeable becomes much more calm.
At first they try running it like a hospital, get called up, go to little booth get a shot.
I finally got my shot 3 hours after arrival. Two nurses with a trolley come down the line, one grabs your paperwork, one gives an injection, first one hands back a receipt to come back in three weeks.

They obviously weren't prepared to handle as many people as showed up but everyone got a shot. Hopefully next time will run smoother

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 23, 2021, 8:23 pm

Yep .. agree on the calmness level improving after the tannoy announcement for the queen mia falang , gfs , nannies there to " takecare " to get out if not here for a jab .. such scenes. made me wonder if they fuss n faff over their fossil.falang as much at home wiping bottoms and warming slippers in the microwave or was it just for show protecting their investments.

Being as this was the first session and close to 400 in attendance hopefully things will get smoother with practice

As you say everyone who turned up got a needle .. and although very pleasing on the eye all the baggage tagging on isnt required inside the building even if needed for driving.

Dm

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 24, 2021, 3:21 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 23, 2021, 8:23 pm
Yep .. agree on the calmness level improving after the tannoy announcement for the queen mia falang , gfs , nannies there to " takecare " to get out if not here for a jab .. such scenes. made me wonder if they fuss n faff over their fossil.falang as much at home wiping bottoms and warming slippers in the microwave or was it just for show protecting their investments.

Being as this was the first session and close to 400 in attendance hopefully things will get smoother with practice

As you say everyone who turned up got a needle .. and although very pleasing on the eye all the baggage tagging on isnt required inside the building even if needed for driving.

Dm
Just what i was thinking too dm.."..over their fossil.falang as much at home wiping bottoms and warming slippers in the microwave or was it just for show protecting their investments."..Thanks for the laugh DM..When you see people take pics like it was an UFO they just spotted when the lady came to you to give you your shot..i think i was one of the few that didn't have a mobile at hand..anyway,great that we got our Pifzer shot and next month (hopefully)we are given then second one.As people stated before..-Thank you Mr.Biden !

All in all great turnout and maybe next time some of the Farangs cane take a "downer or two"and come alone..i think we all can help eachothers..we just have to implement "jai jen" ;)

Again--Thank you Mr.Biden =D> =D> //Alfie..:-)

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 24, 2021, 3:38 pm

Given the probable average age of the group, I was surprised I didn't see anyone wielding a single newspaper.

On topic, did anyone bother to ask what sort of tattoo we receive after the second dose?

nutosf
udonmap.com

Post by nutosf » August 24, 2021, 3:48 pm

An expat friend called me about an hour ago saying that he was notified that he can get Pfizer vaccine tomorrow in Nam Som, but only tomorrow. His wife found out via Facebook. I wonder how many vaccines will go unused? I didn't get any notice. Many Thais would love to get vaccine but cannot.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 24, 2021, 4:54 pm

Just watching Thai TV and some Thai guy in Bkk looks about 40 ish ..and obviously wealthy who is proud he has now had 5 vaccine injections .. 2 Sinovac and 3 Moderna ..siting he MAY be traveling overseas.. doctors are stating its not dangerous for his health but TV commentators sayin its unfaur when so many have not had one jab yet.. thus making him.look like a **** ..

IMO ..Only one word to describe this guy ..

Greedy selfish Pompous Wanka

DM
Last edited by Drunk Monkey on August 24, 2021, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”