Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by pipoz4444 » April 22, 2021, 10:46 am

tamada wrote:
April 22, 2021, 8:59 am
How some on the outside are beginning to notice Thailand's current debacle.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-u ... bff24785b2
I cant see anything wrong in Phuket. There three cats at the Bar having a drink and ones a female, plus two pigeons on the beach, waiting for a spare Deck Chair

74f89c794e21055ae18b34708cff1804.jpg

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 22, 2021, 11:07 am

FIRST DENIAL: Both Brazil and India have colossally failed in managing the pandemic. Brazil’s president, Jair Bolsonaro, for months denied that COVID-19 was a public health issue. The country is now scrambling to respond far too late, as bodies pile up and hospitals are overwhelmed.

THEN LIES: There is a similar story in India. As cases began to rise in the middle of February, with the new variant already detected, Prime Minister Narendra Modi was claiming India’s fight against COVID-19 was “inspiring the world.” His health minister, a physician by training, declared that the country had reached the “endpoint” of the pandemic. Many Indians themselves became complacent and behaved as if everything was normal.

How "True to Form" they all are. [-( =;

But it is not just Brazil and India. I wonder how many of the other Countries, those that have made no real effort to prepare for the second wave over the past 12 months, are also now trying to hide their complacency ?? and how many new variants will surface from within these Countries, in the next six months

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rupa-s ... from-india

pipoz4444

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 22, 2021, 11:41 am

The worst doomsday predictions of Spring 2020 are coming to fruition. These are the same ones that got batted (sic) away by false dawns of clueless, populist national leaders or those with an agenda and lost in the white noise of the ignorant conspiracy theorists.

And now this...

And definitely NOT this...

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » April 22, 2021, 1:57 pm

Get ready🥸🥸🥸🥸🥸
Attachments
FCEE8FEB-CCCD-49E2-8D92-6EBFE507E23B.jpeg

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 22, 2021, 2:31 pm

I think I will just sit and what the future tonight. :-k :yikes: :yikes:

Netflix are showing "World War Z" with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md6Dvxdr0AQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvbLx0pbohk

pipoz4444

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 22, 2021, 2:33 pm

I wasn't here for first/second round Covid in Udon, but from what I read, there wasn't much of a slowdown. But my trip to town today made me think back to Thaitanic/1997 days. It's rare to drive into Central parking at noon on a sunny workday and quickly find a parking spot. Foodcourt mostly empty.....Tops/Royal Project/Jingjai/Swenson's mostly empty. Zero traffic. It's got to be tough to be in any sort of business!
And then, on the way home, just before Napalai.....there's this
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x ... FHoECEUQAw
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x ... FHoECEUQAw
A retreat to spoil your loved one while you enjoy a cup of coffee

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 23, 2021, 9:18 am

Thailand to get the Russian Spunknik V vaccine

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 23, 2021, 10:44 am

The capital of Laos, Vientiane, has gone into lockdown after a cluster of 28 cases was discovered.
Residents are unable to leave the city, which has a population of 700,000 and people from outside need to obtain special permission before being allowed to enter.
Residents are only allowed outside their homes for essential reasons such as food shopping, medicine etc.
(Associated Press)
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 24, 2021, 12:42 pm

Get notified of new guides and vaccinations.
https://www.siamvax.com/

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 24, 2021, 5:15 pm

mak wrote:
April 24, 2021, 12:42 pm
Get notified of new guides and vaccinations.
https://www.siamvax.com/
Right now, this is harvesting email and contact information. My mate signed up with all the hospitals and then pinged them with a follow-up email. The ones that responded thanked him for his interest but didn't know if or when vaccinations could be booked, let alone start.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 24, 2021, 5:18 pm

Looks like eating plah-rah and bathing in lustral water from certain venerated temples on auspicious dates is all one really needs to beat this bat flu.

Meanwhile, other countries are ordering actual vaccines in meaningful quantities.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -sufferers

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 24, 2021, 6:19 pm

Received our supply of Fa Ta Lai Jone capsules yesterday. That should cover us till we get the Siam Bioscience jab in July.
Last edited by mak on April 25, 2021, 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 24, 2021, 6:31 pm

mak wrote:
April 24, 2021, 6:19 pm
Received our supply of Fa Ta Lai Jone capsules yesterday.
I keep a 7-11 pack of the capsules in our house/car/suitcases when vacationing. At the first sign of something amiss, I pop 3 or 4 capsules, then a few hours later 2 or 3 more. On a few occasions, I've had the onset of what I thought was going to be explosive stomach problems......popped some of the pills and the problem seems to clear up. I think a pack of 12 capsules costs about 15 Baht in 7.
The herb is referred to as an individual of bitters.........and it seems, if it's bitter, it's good for you.

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » April 24, 2021, 8:22 pm

The missus keeps ya fa talai jone at the house. This is the one currently on hand.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 25, 2021, 10:19 pm

parrot wrote:
April 24, 2021, 6:31 pm
mak wrote:
April 24, 2021, 6:19 pm
Received our supply of Fa Ta Lai Jone capsules yesterday.
I keep a 7-11 pack of the capsules in our house/car/suitcases when vacationing. At the first sign of something amiss, I pop 3 or 4 capsules, then a few hours later 2 or 3 more. On a few occasions, I've had the onset of what I thought was going to be explosive stomach problems......popped some of the pills and the problem seems to clear up. I think a pack of 12 capsules costs about 15 Baht in 7.
The herb is referred to as an individual of bitters.........and it seems, if it's bitter, it's good for you.
That's what my mother used to say about cod liver oil 555
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 26, 2021, 9:26 am

Thai TV just reported that 46 nurses in Lamphun are ill after taking the Sinovac vaccine...I think. Has anyone heard anything about this?
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 26, 2021, 10:00 am

Lampang Hospital, several days ago, 40 or so people had symptoms from the vaccine, two were serious. No reported deaths. The hospital suspended the vaccination program pending investigation.

https://www.thairath.co.th/news/local/north/2074673
FWIW: Back in dinosaur days, when the vaccination program first got underway in the US, there were various reports of people having adverse reaction to the vaccine. But as time went on and millions were vaccinated, it became apparent that people reporting symptoms were a fraction of a fraction of those vaccinated. Even the most recent news of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine and women having blood clots......after a short suspension, it was determined that the benefits far outweighed the cons........and a protocol was established to identify those who might have an adverse reaction to the vaccine.
In the early days, my wife and our daughter were leery of getting vaccinated.......but soon enough it became clear that the vaccinations (US, at least) were safe enough......and gave people a passport to pre-pandemic days. I'm not so sure I'd put the same faith in the China/Russian vaccines......for all the 'coming apart at the seams' reports that go on about the US, something happened around early Nov-Jan that gave people renewed faith in the science behind the virus. Funny thing about perceptions......it was easy for me to not question a Pfizer vaccine......not sure I'd have the same faith in something called Sputnik (or Monsanto or Dupont).
If you did deep enough, you can find all sorts of details on the symptoms to the various US vaccines. I'm not sure if the same information is available (and trustworthy) for the other two.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 26, 2021, 11:07 am

I have no idea what others may think, but we know from European countries , Test and Trace was the watchword to assist in stopping the spread, sadly here Test ( if positive an immediate stay in a hospital qyuarantine building with rubbish food and the likely-hood of catching worse ) is the only option.
They are running out of beds and yet they still insist of Hospital quarantine , rather than home quarantine . No wonder people are not testing as even with a FALSE positive you are incarcerated for 14 days .
My friend recently tested positive just outside Udon Hospital , immediately into the hospital and stayed there for 14 days , he is Thai but left with a skin infection Hives ,

Surely Home quarantine should be better , people are not that stupid here , but as many other countries have shown there are always some that ignore advice and here more so in rural places it seems. and this action would free up medical; staff to deal with Proper Covid patients .
But then when you get the Minister of Health trumpeting everyone can go home even possibly infected and not go through any checks, it shows common-sense and logic are completely missing here.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 26, 2021, 12:19 pm

Things are not as black n white as they seem.. A Thai friend called in .. yesterday fined 500 bt for not wearing a mask whilst ALONE IN THE CAR ... why 500 bt who knows ??? answers on a post card to Udon City Hall.

i wasnt gonna buy it until a police receipt for the fine was produced dated yesterday.

DM
Last edited by Drunk Monkey on April 26, 2021, 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 26, 2021, 12:26 pm

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”