Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 27, 2021, 7:17 am

Word on the web is Pfizer registration is open tomorrow / Saturday 28th at the MOPH building in Udon...still to be confirmed

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 27, 2021, 8:17 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
August 27, 2021, 3:40 am
Niggly wrote:
August 26, 2021, 9:37 am
Turning to those that recieved a jab, anyone experienced side effects?
I was fine until this morning when I woke with like a bruised sensation. Not a problem though, probably shouldn’t have done any Arnolds but hey it’ll be okay.
Mrs N has been complaining of a nasty ache all down her arm since about an hour after the jab & it hasn’t got any better this morning. Just waiting for the paracetamol to kick in now
I got the Johnson & Johnson, my only side effect was the day after I received the shot I was warm, and then later that night I had the chills, but when I woke up the following morning I felt fine. The soreness in the arm is pretty normal from everyone I know who got the shot, including myself.
Cheers for the reply.
Update on us, my bruised sensation quickly went & I cracked on with day to day stuff. It got to 3pm (24 hours later), I sat down & it felt like I’d run into a wall struggling to keep my eyes open & fell straight asleep, good job I didn’t sit in the driving seat of the car. Slept solid for about 4 hours, then slept like a baby all night. This morning everything is fine, not tired, no aches.
Mrs N complained of the soreness for about another hour then that went. I guess it was something to do with the paracetamol but it never came back when it wore off.
This morning, the day after the day after & everything is tickety boo at Chez Niggles 👍

I understand jab 2 might be more of a problem but we’ll just have to see
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 27, 2021, 5:44 pm

Following the injection on Wednesday afternoon, I noticed I did become quite thirsty and also decided that I needed a good meal and ate comfort food. Thursday was a lethargic day , went about my normalk tasks including shopping but nothing excessive , went to bed again after a good meal and again No Alcohol.
Friday woke up felt wonderful but after a morning of doing the washing, cleaning the house , became again tired so another day or rest and relaxation ( R and R ) .
Hopefully tomorrow will be back to full strength. No aches or pain anywhere.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 5, 2021, 12:58 pm

Apologies if this has been asked and answered
Now that some have reached the end of receiving Vaccines, what is next??? I understand some countries are requiring a Booster but even after that how long will the vaccine last?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 5, 2021, 2:27 pm

From my reading, it depends on various things but three spring readily to mind:

The health authority where you live (or prefer to believe).

The type of vaccine you got.

Your age.

Your job.

The US authorities have always maintained the manufacturer's recommended interval for primary vaccination, ie. 21 days. There was a ruckus earlier this year when Walgreens punted everyone onto a 28 day shot gap. Meanwhile, the UK, trying to space out the small initial stocks said 12 weeks was OK. Pfizer never argued too loudly against that, preferring to quietly recommend an 8 weeks maximum gap. I think in the UK right now it's 4 weeks?

Other vaccines have had similar marked variations on what shot spacing yields the maximum protections.

The age factor is complicated with some vaccines already not being recommended for certain age bands.

The mix or match debate also varies, depending on the vaccine and the country. Despite never officially admitting the Chinese vaccines are sub par, Thailand is already doing a 'cocktail' of Pfizer or AZ booster shots for health care workers and other front liners previously Sinovacced. Meanwhile in Australia, where they've belatedly stumbled across the real need for vaccination, they say they'll strictly enforce a no mixing rule. Maybe that's to stop the less forthcoming of vaccine seekers from chasing a "booster" from a different brand on the sly?

If there's no quorum on the basic vaccine strategy, there's little hope for quick answers to the booster question. Keep reading and Googling and sharing what we find for now.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 5, 2021, 4:10 pm

Tam
my question requires rereading
An indiviual has received their intiial shot and then some days they receive their second vaccination. Now some countries require a third Booster shot. The vaccination shoots are now completed Now how long do they last 6 month 12 months 3 years 5 years ???
Has there been any talk regarding this???

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 5, 2021, 6:57 pm

Doodoo wrote:
September 5, 2021, 4:10 pm
Tam
An indiviual has received their intiial shot and then some days they receive their second vaccination. Now some countries require a third Booster shot. The vaccination shoots are now completed Now how long do they last 6 month 12 months 3 years 5 years ???
Or you can reread my respnse, especially the last paragraph where I suggest, "If there's no quorum on the basic vaccine strategy, there's little hope for quick answers to the booster question. Keep reading and Googling and sharing what we find for now."

The current, basic 2-shot vaccine strategy is still mired in debate about how the time between the shots may affect the efficacy in some groups. Therefore I don't think a definitive word of when boosters will be needed will be coming any time soon.

I have recently read that Pfizer is suggesting a booster 6 months after the 2nd shot but that's only a suggestion from one manufacturer. The former UK health minister was already talking about redirecting stock for booster shots for health workers and he's been fired a few months ago already. I have not read anything recently that suggested 3 or 5 years. Since Covid-19 is a coronavirus just like the flu, the idea of an annual jab, just like the flu jabs we currently have, may be the best bet?

Nobody has yet come out with a categorical and definitive statement of fact regarding boosters. Not the manufacturers, not the WHO, not the CDC, nobody.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 5, 2021, 7:13 pm

AZ has one shot then 3 months later 2nd shot as booster

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 5, 2021, 7:16 pm

Doodoo wrote:
September 5, 2021, 4:10 pm
Tam
What has happened to your "do your own research" mantra, Doodoo?
Doodoo wrote:
August 5, 2021, 1:55 pm
Google releases tones of information if one is willing to research it. So, even if you read here that some of our contributors have not seen or read anything this should not stop you from having a look see.

In the end it is your own decision
Good luck

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 5, 2021, 7:19 pm

I have looked and no can find That is why I ask
Or are you saying you think I know all!! If so thank you

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 5, 2021, 7:22 pm

There ya go Tam
You started releasing information, atatboy I knew you had it in ya

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 5, 2021, 7:28 pm

Doodoo wrote:
September 5, 2021, 7:19 pm

Or are you saying you think I know all!!
Obviously not - logically, if you knew it all you wouldn't need to ask others what they know.

Does this help:

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... ster+shots

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 5, 2021, 8:03 pm

Actually NO this talks about Boosters and we already have herd about them. I am asking about AFTER boosters

Such as
"According to the Canadian Immunization Guide, protection from the hepatitis A vaccine is likely to last at least 20 years and possibly for life. Protection from the hepatitis B vaccine is likely to last for life (however booster doses may be recommended for certain populations and for some individuals, a blood test may be recommended to ensure adequate protection against hepatitis B)"

So HOW LONG FOR COVID VACCINES

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 5, 2021, 8:33 pm

You don't need google - you need a crystal ball.

COVID-19 vaccines have been around for about 12 months, and 3rd shot boosters are just being discussed now.

Hepatitis vaccines have been around for decades.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 5, 2021, 10:29 pm

jackspratt wrote:
September 5, 2021, 8:33 pm
You don't need google - you need a crystal ball.

COVID-19 vaccines have been around for about 12 months, and 3rd shot boosters are just being discussed now.

Hepatitis vaccines have been around for decades.
Let's hope your time and effort helps Doodoo move forward.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 5, 2021, 11:32 pm

Waste of time and effort

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 6, 2021, 8:19 am

Doodoo wrote:
September 5, 2021, 11:32 pm
Waste of time and effort
Your question certainly was.

If the virus had not mutated, or if you are asking about protection from the original strain you can get answers of protection of about 15 months.

However since the delta variant has only been in existence for around 6 months, and delta 2 for much less than that, your question can not be answered.

Another point is what do you want protection from?

There is catching a variant (protection is only about as good as the flue shot) 50% or so
There is being hospitalised with it (protection is much better, not perfect but extremely good) at around 90%
There is being hospitalised receiving treatment but dying (protection is excellent) in the high 90s%

Since the virus and mutations are a moving target, the vaccines are recently developed and the benefits of different vaccines/doses/vaccination + infection are all being researched the only meaningful answer to your question will be years from now.

So get in your time machine, go forward 20 years find the answers and come back to tell.

Or, like the whole of humanity, just wait
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 6, 2021, 10:07 am

Research is ongoing since the founding of the vaccines(They dont sit around and wait as some would have us do )
Interesting articles from Yale and World Edonomic Forum as to what is ongoing

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/04/ ... ines-last/

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/how-l ... ccine-last

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 6, 2021, 2:17 pm

Doodoo wrote:
September 5, 2021, 8:03 pm
Actually NO this talks about Boosters and we already have herd about them. I am asking about AFTER boosters

Such as
"According to the Canadian Immunization Guide, protection from the hepatitis A vaccine is likely to last at least 20 years and possibly for life. Protection from the hepatitis B vaccine is likely to last for life (however booster doses may be recommended for certain populations and for some individuals, a blood test may be recommended to ensure adequate protection against hepatitis B)"

So HOW LONG FOR COVID VACCINES
Since neither strain of hepatitis is a coronavirus, citing this Canadian immunization guide is irrelevant to your question.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » September 6, 2021, 2:31 pm

World Covid 19 Vaccinations Rates by Country

World Covid 19 Vaccinations Rates by Country - 1.PNG

World Covid 19 Vaccinations Rates by Country - 2.PNG

World Covid 19 Vaccinations Rates by Country - 3.PNG

World Covid 19 Vaccinations Rates by Country - 4.PNG

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”