Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

deankham
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by deankham » May 4, 2021, 12:42 pm

apologies if there is a separate thread for this, but has anyone had a PCR test done in UDON that is accepted by the airlines for an international flight?

I was trying to google the list of approved PCR test centres but it only returned 3 (and I have little confidence if the information is accurate); BKK Hospital, Udon Hospital and Regional Medical Sciences Centre 8.

The other option is doing it in Bangkok but that means we need to go a few days early and stay in advance of the flights.

Thanks

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 4, 2021, 1:04 pm

deankham wrote:
May 4, 2021, 12:42 pm
apologies if there is a separate thread for this, but has anyone had a PCR test done in UDON that is accepted by the airlines for an international flight?

I was trying to google the list of approved PCR test centres but it only returned 3 (and I have little confidence if the information is accurate); BKK Hospital, Udon Hospital and Regional Medical Sciences Centre 8.

The other option is doing it in Bangkok but that means we need to go a few days early and stay in advance of the flights.

Thanks
Had them done at Bangkok Hospital last year. 24/7 service, test one day, results the following day.

However, a recent post said they are no longer doing them and they are referring people to Udon (government) hospital.

I emailed AEK to see what their situation is but so far no response (7 days and counting).

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 4, 2021, 1:11 pm

mak wrote:
May 3, 2021, 3:28 pm
Wattana Hospital is taking vaccine reservations
You need a pink card or a Thai ID card.
caducus wrote:
May 4, 2021, 12:16 pm
, sent a copy of my pink card and made an appointment for my jab.
So a yellow book/pink card is required?
UFF DA!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 4, 2021, 1:14 pm

Zidane wrote:
May 4, 2021, 12:09 pm
Chaps using Mor Prom should be careful as there are some fake apps out there as the pic below shows.
You could be registering for nothing and giving your personal details to some unscrupulous person.
app.jpg
As far as I can see you can not use the app to register. It allows registered users to logon.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

caducus
udonmap.com

Post by caducus » May 4, 2021, 1:45 pm

As far as I know (assuming that one is able to log on) a yellow card is necessary for Mor Phrom. It might be advisable for someone who does not have a yellow card to present themselves at the local health centre (Anamai). Not sure whether they are open today, but will certainly be open tomorrow.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » May 4, 2021, 2:15 pm

deankham ,check the requirements needed by your country (destination)and airline ,as europe concerned , thailand is still considered green zone no pcr test is needed when going back ... ;)

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » May 4, 2021, 7:01 pm

^ hi, yes it is 100% needed for my county (Qatar) since about 3 weeks ago. Previously you were tested on arrival in Doha.

@ Tamada, thanks for response. Think I'll call into BKK hospital and ask.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 4, 2021, 8:45 pm

deankham wrote:
May 4, 2021, 7:01 pm
^ hi, yes it is 100% needed for my county (Qatar) since about 3 weeks ago. Previously you were tested on arrival in Doha.

@ Tamada, thanks for response. Think I'll call into BKK hospital and ask.
Good deal. You go ask at BH and I'll drop by AEK tomorrow and see what they say.

Talking with a mate who's already come and gone twice (2 ASQ's), the last pre-flight testing was a 3 hour affair at BH as they had a 'bullpen' out front for locals seeking routine testing and the ease of getting one for the simple walk-in international flight departee was severely buggered about with.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » May 5, 2021, 10:49 am

Voiceover for hire.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » May 5, 2021, 1:20 pm

Did you seriously think you will be given a free vaccine along with the thais ? I posted a while ago Expats will be last in line and it wont be free for you. They will Dangle the carrot infront of you and give you false hope that you can register free lol then bin your registry.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 5, 2021, 5:17 pm

vlad wrote:
May 5, 2021, 1:20 pm
Did you seriously think you will be given a free vaccine along with the thais ? I posted a while ago Expats will be last in line and it wont be free for you. They will Dangle the carrot infront of you and give you false hope that you can register free lol then bin your registry.
You've also posted a whole lot of other scheiße as well. None of it makes you appear more knowledgeable but a fair bit of it makes you come across as just spiteful and vindictive.

The truth is the Thai's have so badly managed their vaccine procurement, they can't afford to vaccinate their own. If you think for one minute that those still living over here thought it was all cut and dried and it was a sure thing or a done deal, then gloat on.

Maybe stop judging other foreigners based on your own mistakes and bad lifestyle choices.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 5, 2021, 5:25 pm

Well this morning off I went to my Local Health Centre, met by a polite nurse who pointed to a small area where all my details were listed put on a form and signed including relative medical history regarding vaccinations and allergic reactions. Was finished in 30 minutes, told I would be informed at the end of the month .Being over 70 puts me in an urgent queue she said, whatever I thought . All I needed was my passport, yellow book and my phone .

NOW , we have this announcement I saw on Thai Visa, they did not mean Expats to get it with others and free. One wonders if they actually know what they are doing

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 5, 2021, 5:27 pm

tamada wrote:
May 5, 2021, 5:17 pm
vlad wrote:
May 5, 2021, 1:20 pm
You've also posted a whole lot of other scheiße as well. None of it makes you appear more knowledgeable but a fair bit of it makes you come across as just spiteful and vindictive.

The truth is the Thai's have so badly managed their vaccine procurement, they can't afford to vaccinate their own. If you think for one minute that those still living over here thought it was all cut and dried and it was a sure thing or a done deal, then gloat on.

Maybe stop judging other foreigners based on your own mistakes and bad lifestyle choices.
I think for anyone who has resided here any length of time its pretty obvious that the common all garden expat was pretty much guaranteed to be low down the pecking order when it comes to the vaccine roll out .. im sure things will speed up as the Bio tech jab made here under license from AZ becomes available in greater stocks.

Oh in the meantime ... Tam dont piss on Vlad euphoria that falangs here wont be getting a jab anytime soon and it wont be free .. he seems quite chuffed about it.

KP .. wait n see what happens and please keep us updated

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » May 5, 2021, 8:28 pm

Some US states are offering Covid vaccinations to anyone -- even out of state residents, tourists, or even illegal aliens.

Now, Thailand has serious egg on its face as some Thais are arranging "vaccine tourism" to the US for the express purpose of getting a vaccine. (I have to laugh.)

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... rism-to-us

I wonder why the US Embassy couldn't arrange for an orderly administration of inoculations to US citizens here. Or at least the JUSMAG group arrange for TRICARE members to get their shots. As it stands, many are virtually prisoners here without a chance of getting out (back in principally) or finding an available vaccine. Not much good a health care plan does if you're unable to access it.

Biden's dystopia. I'm sure all the illegal alien criminals down on the boarder got their vaccinations. Scumbag liberalism.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » May 5, 2021, 8:32 pm

Screwed if you leave, dead if you don't.

Ahhh paradise.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 6, 2021, 7:18 am

Following yesterdays flip flop by the Government, I popped into the local health centre and asked the relevant question.

The answer surprised me, they said that is Bangkok, we are Udon Thani , so one wonders does the right hand actually knows what the left hand is doing .

WE will all wait with bated breath ....lol

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 6, 2021, 8:27 am

Australians hoping international travel will return to normal next year have been dealt a blow, as the Federal Government warns borders are unlikely to reopen until the end of 2022 at least.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 6, 2021, 11:15 am

Giggle wrote:
May 5, 2021, 8:28 pm
Some US states are offering Covid vaccinations to anyone -- even out of state residents, tourists, or even illegal aliens.

Now, Thailand has serious egg on its face as some Thais are arranging "vaccine tourism" to the US for the express purpose of getting a vaccine. (I have to laugh.)

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... rism-to-us

I wonder why the US Embassy couldn't arrange for an orderly administration of inoculations to US citizens here. Or at least the JUSMAG group arrange for TRICARE members to get their shots. As it stands, many are virtually prisoners here without a chance of getting out (back in principally) or finding an available vaccine. Not much good a health care plan does if you're unable to access it.

Biden's dystopia. I'm sure all the illegal alien criminals down on the boarder got their vaccinations. Scumbag liberalism.
So any estranged American squatting here who maybe chooses not to register with his embassy for a vaccine that his local embassy is not going to supply anyway is all Joe Bidens' fault?

I see.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 6, 2021, 11:36 am

noosard wrote:
May 6, 2021, 8:27 am
Australians hoping international travel will return to normal next year have been dealt a blow, as the Federal Government warns borders are unlikely to reopen until the end of 2022 at least.
I reckon the kiwi's will be proper sick and tired of all the Aussie bubble travelers by then, no?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 6, 2021, 1:29 pm

I think at the moment only 2 states are in the direct bubble to NZ
Seems there has been virus spread again

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”