Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 4, 2021, 11:37 am

Khun Paul wrote:
August 4, 2021, 11:27 am
noosard wrote:
August 4, 2021, 10:45 am
so now you want it to be a gramma perfect post forum
think you find it not so
Incorrect spelling of Grammar, dear boy ..lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: ..thanks Paul as i sit here in semi isolation you forced me to crack a grin that morphed briefly into a smile. =D> .. you are UMs answer to Chuck Norris , Mother Theresa and Dickson of Dock Green all rolled into one.

Back on topic .. sorry ..

There are numerous large empty disused ware house style places in and around Udon it will be interesting to see which locations are chosen next to house returnees .. obviously its better to keep them in one location rather than allow home isolation ..imo that wont work as will be too easy to slip out for somtam or friends to visit.

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 4, 2021, 1:22 pm

BKK-Udon wrote:
August 4, 2021, 11:30 am
noosard wrote:
August 3, 2021, 11:57 am
Makes you wonder what frontline covid personal are
Since they were suppose to be vaccinated 6 months ago
45 year old nurse in Samut Sakon has died on sunday of covid related illness a week after first sinovac injection
Samut Sakon is the province which had the big outbreak early in the year
and is still reporting high infection numbers
Seriously! It seems many have overlooked the details of this. Unless she was staunchly anti-vaccination, she should have been fully vaccinated 6 months ago! Were any of her colleagues vaccinated? I would think her employer should be held fully responsible. Was it a government hospital? If so, even worse.

The media should be ashamed trying to link the death to a vaccine. Sensationalist click-bait headline. We all know it takes 2 weeks for a body to increase immunity after a vaccine. It would seem possible she may have had Covid when she was vaccinated?

Very sad.

And boys, the childish bickering is really annoying.
It was a big hospital there

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 4, 2021, 2:53 pm

DM "There are numerous large empty disused ware house style places in and around Udon it will be interesting to see which locations are chosen next to house returnees .. obviously its better to keep them in one location rather than allow home isolation ..imo that wont work as will be too easy to slip out for somtam or friends to visit."

Pretty much every amphur has set up a quarantine center. Naturally, Udon has the biggest....like the 808 bed facility set up at the Industrial Center off the KK hwy......just one of several that Udon has set up. The instagram/facebook photo opportunity the past few weeks have been of donations to these centers.....beds, mattresses, fans, water, noodles, etc.
Not my idea of where I'd want to be holed up for quarantine.......but, then, this is a developing country.
Attachments
223549164_2710224022610102_3086658190699688293_n.jpg
224140726_2710707675895070_6073947072341180087_n.jpg
228752425_4098101630226328_2913096134548234062_n.jpg

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 4, 2021, 3:20 pm

Thanks Mr P..

Question .. the places in your pics are for quarantine ?? ..

Its where the infected returnees are going that i was enquiring about.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 4, 2021, 4:26 pm

DM

Reread Parrot s
"it will be interesting to see which locations are chosen next to house returnees .. obviously its better to keep them in one location rather than allow home isolation .." and "Pretty much every amphur has set up a quarantine center."
He appears to be saying they are Quarantine Areas or another guess would be Hostels

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 4, 2021, 7:51 pm

noosard wrote:
August 4, 2021, 10:45 am
so now you want it to be a gramma perfect post forum
think you find it not so
I fail to understand the importance of you elderly female relatives to the discussion. 55555 =D> =D> =D>
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 4, 2021, 8:11 pm

BKK-Udon wrote:

Seriously! It seems many have overlooked the details of this. Unless she was staunchly anti-vaccination, she should have been fully vaccinated 6 months ago! Were any of her colleagues vaccinated? I would think her employer should be held fully responsible. Was it a government hospital? If so, even worse.

The media should be ashamed trying to link the death to a vaccine. Sensationalist click-bait headline. We all know it takes 2 weeks for a body to increase immunity after a vaccine. It would seem possible she may have had Covid when she was vaccinated?

Very sad.
The wrongful linking of the death to the vaccination in the post is the point I have been making, if it was just a copy of a report or original writing is less relevant, apart from a plagiarism point of view

It is certain from the timing of her death that she was infected at the time of vaccination. There have been no cases that I know of that have such a short time (7 days or so) from infection to death if normal support is available, I haven’t heard that oxygen is limited, yet.

As to the background of why she wasn’t already vaccinated there is not enough information available to make a reasoned comment. There are may hypothetical situations that can be postulated but without more information they are rather pointless.

Short accurate writing that exactly conveys your meaning is extremely difficult to do, as has been amply demonstrated in some posts.
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » August 5, 2021, 3:46 am

Well, I have been in UK for 3 weeks now, and can count on one hand how many are wearing masks outdoors. Some not wearing them on buses and in shops either. To be fair, rural East Hampshire has a 90% adult vaccination rate and lots of open space, so the risk is very low. Life is quite normal here. But London? No intention going there for some time!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 5, 2021, 6:01 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
August 4, 2021, 8:11 pm
BKK-Udon wrote:

Very sad.
The wrongful linking of the death to the vaccination in the post is the point I have been making, if it was just a copy of a report or original writing is less relevant, apart from a plagiarism point of view

It is certain from the timing of her death that she was infected at the time of vaccination. There have been no cases that I know of that have such a short time (7 days or so) from infection to death if normal support is available, I haven’t heard that oxygen is limited, yet.

As to the background of why she wasn’t already vaccinated there is not enough information available to make a reasoned comment. There are may hypothetical situations that can be postulated but without more information they are rather pointless.

Short accurate writing that exactly conveys your meaning is extremely difficult to do, as has been amply demonstrated in some posts.
You are lacking in your comprehension of the postings
Has nothing to do with whether the vaccine did or didnt play apart in the death of the nurse
It is about why was this person who is a frontline worker was not vaccinated 6 months go
It is about how the hospital failed to insure their personal were vaccinated

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 5, 2021, 7:25 am

Short answer to the above points.
1 This is Thailand
2 Only the deceased knows the answer and they can no longer say why
3 There is no doubt in my mind it was either a clerical or management cock-up and you will never find out reasons, but the possibility she was already infected did cross my mind in which case she should never have had the vaccination. Bad protocol .

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 5, 2021, 8:15 am

Khun Paul wrote:
August 5, 2021, 7:25 am
Short answer to the above points.
1 This is Thailand
2 Only the deceased knows the answer and they can no longer say why
3 There is no doubt in my mind it was either a clerical or management cock-up and you will never find out reasons, but the possibility she was already infected did cross my mind in which case she should never have had the vaccination. Bad protocol .
There is no absolute restriction on being vaccinated while being infected.

Some percentage of the stage 3 trial participants were infected at the time of their first or second shot. Certainly a percentage of stage 4 vaccinated individuals were infected when being vaccinated, how high a percentage is not clear as a negative Covid test is not required for vaccination.

If you should be vaccinated while showing symptoms of the disease is a totally different question. I haven’t seen data on that or heard what the advice is, but not getting a vaccination when symptomatic seems logical from a non medical viewpoint.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 5, 2021, 8:18 am

The vaccine shot centres do check you for temp and BP plus ask if you are well

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 5, 2021, 8:26 am

Should one get vaccinated while showing symptons of Covid???
Here is some reading material

https://www.verywellhealth.com/covid-19 ... us-5097004

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 5, 2021, 1:38 pm

Doodoo wrote:
August 5, 2021, 8:26 am
Should one get vaccinated while showing symptons of Covid???
Here is some reading material

https://www.verywellhealth.com/covid-19 ... us-5097004
A summary is if you know or suspect you are infected, don’t get vaccinated as the vaccine supply is limited, and "The main reason is that it would be difficult to distinguish possible adverse events associated with the vaccine from symptoms caused by the virus."
The Bottom Line
Scientists don’t yet know for sure the effects of receiving a vaccination while actively sick with COVID-19. For now, there is no evidence that being infected with COVID-19 changes the effectiveness of the vaccine or causes bodily harm. Getting vaccinated while you're sick will not likely boost your immune response against your current infection.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 5, 2021, 1:55 pm

Google releases tones of information if one is willing to research it. So, even if you read here that some of our contributors have not seen or read anything this should not stop you from having a look see.

In the end it is your own decision
Good luck

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 5, 2021, 7:36 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
August 5, 2021, 1:38 pm
The Bottom Line
Scientists don’t yet know for sure the effects of receiving a vaccination while actively sick with COVID-19. For now, there is no evidence that being infected with COVID-19 changes the effectiveness of the vaccine or causes bodily harm. Getting vaccinated while you're sick will not likely boost your immune response against your current infection.

More importantly, this is a political exercise more than a medical one. Your classification is what's more important than your health. If your body's immune system fights off the Wuhan Flu, the glorious vaccine can't be credited with the save.

Your body must never be credited with anything. Only your life-giving, altruistic and benevolent government.

If you've been jabbed twice and still get the Chinese Crud, the vaccine will get credit for saving you -- twice. Never mind that the purpose of vaccines is to stop you getting it in the first place. If you get Wuhan Flu while already vaccinated, you must proclaim loudly, to the world, that it would have positively, without a doubt been much WORSE if you hadn't been vaccinated. No proof necessary.

This is theater.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » August 6, 2021, 11:29 am

Giggle wrote:
August 5, 2021, 7:36 pm
If you've been jabbed twice and still get the Chinese Crud, the vaccine will get credit for saving you -- twice. Never mind that the purpose of vaccines is to stop you getting it in the first place.
Yes, that's the purpose of the vaccine. But, like most things, it's imperfect. The data shows that the vaccine will reduce the severity of your flu.

COVID Data.jpg

Giggle wrote:
August 5, 2021, 7:36 pm
If you get Wuhan Flu while already vaccinated, you must proclaim loudly, to the world, that it would have positively, without a doubt been much WORSE if you hadn't been vaccinated. No proof necessary.
What makes you think that there isn't proof? You may choose to ignore it, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » August 6, 2021, 12:25 pm

FYI: The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has launched a new website, koncovid.com, to provide information on where people can go to get tested for Covid-19.
Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/40004297
Stay safe.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 6, 2021, 12:38 pm

Viruses weaken over time, naturally. Be careful with cause and effect.

A golden rule of virology is that viruses that circulate in the community do change and mutate. They do this to survive. A virus that’s deadly enough to kill all of its hosts will die out as soon as the last infected person dies. A weaker form of the virus -- one that doesn’t make people quite as sick -- can continue to travel from person to person.

A virus is interested in its own survival. It needs to maintain high viral fitness and not kill its host.

If you contracted covid and your body built antibodies, why get a vaccine?

I highly recommend UM readers not get their science from emotional basket-cases like CNN and BBC.

The CDC and Biden Administration are trying to slow-roll this plandemic to the mid-terms. Don't expect any good news until after then. Plans are under way to allow call-in votes. An international hotline will open six months before the election to allow full access to the world. Any sort of identification is still uber rayciss!
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 6, 2021, 1:12 pm

@Udon Map
There is little point in exposing the lies and twisted wording of @Giggle he will always accept the words of his Orange god as truth however much proof that they are not.

@Giggle Will always keep in his little bubble of faulty logic and never accept scientific truth

@Giggle probably considers science to be equal to Scientology (but he may believe more in L Ron Hubbard than actual science)

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”