Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by Bandung_Dero » November 18, 2021, 8:54 am

Doodoo wrote:
November 18, 2021, 8:29 am
Thailand has ceased in purchasing this unwanted Chinese vaccine

October 18 2021
Thailand to Cease Using Sinovac Vaccines After Supplies Are Exhausted
The announcement follows queries about the efficancy of the Chinese vaccine, the world's ’s most widely used COVID-19 jab.
Well now the Czar & Anutin have another 1.5 million doses to get rid of, obviously the Chinese do not want them!

https://aseannow.com/topic/1239283-chin ... mbassador/

Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 18, 2021, 8:56 am

Each to their own choices but i dont really see an argument NOT to get vaxxed now .. plenty of the good stuff about Pfizer Moderna etc and having had 2 jabs i can confirm no after effects apart from my missus commented i look younger fitter stronger and way more handsome then before my vax ... we were stood outside a gold shop at the time so i had an attack of sporadic deafness and pretended to faint thus needed to go home quickly.

The all none vaxxed .. i implore you .............. do not go near a gold shop ever !!!! ..oh and get vaxxed both make sense IMO

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 18, 2021, 9:15 am

Doodoo wrote:
November 18, 2021, 8:29 am
Thailand has ceased in purchasing this unwanted Chinese vaccine

October 18 2021
Thailand to Cease Using Sinovac Vaccines After Supplies Are Exhausted
The announcement follows queries about the efficancy of the Chinese vaccine, the world's ’s most widely used COVID-19 jab.
The key words here are "after supplies are exhausted".

A Google search indicates that since October, Thailand has been relying mostly on donations of the more acceptable vaccine alternatives to make up for the Chinese shortfall.

As BD also pointed out, they are also still accepting donations of Chinese vaccines.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by tamada » November 20, 2021, 7:54 am

~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 20, 2021, 11:49 am

ORGANIZATION" still countries without and this happens

"Canada has thrown away at least one million COVID-19 vaccine doses: survey

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/c ... li=AAggNb9

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 21, 2021, 6:36 am

Doodoo wrote:
November 20, 2021, 11:49 am
ORGANIZATION" still countries without and this happens

"Canada has thrown away at least one million COVID-19 vaccine doses: survey

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/c ... li=AAggNb9
Canada also subscribed to the COVAX program not as a donor but as a nation that would need donated vaccines. All this while rapidly hoovering up a stockpile of vaccines that was almost four times the nation's population and before any manufacturer had issued their recommendations on how the vaccines should be administered.

I would reckon a million junked shots is a conservative estimate.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 21, 2021, 9:43 am

June 13
Canada donating 13M surplus COVID-19 vaccine doses to developing countries
https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=is+ca ... UTF-8&fp=1

Since February Canada has announced a commitment of more than $865 million to support low- and middle-income countries to access COVID-19 vaccines, tests and treatments through the ACT-Accelerator.
Last time I looked GIVING means to DONATE

"More than 20 million COVID-19 vaccine doses now stockpiled in Canadian freezers" My Math is failing me nowadays. Canada population 38 Million times a stockpile of 4 times somehow comes to 20,000,000 vaccines.

I guess some of us rekon differently

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 21, 2021, 9:58 am

Statistics, numbers and cynics abound everywhere, some correct and some clearly wrong , however we forget , well some of us do in any event judging by cynical comments and the attitude my stats mare better than yours. WE ARE ALL on this planet together, what affects one may very well affect us all, not that that simple fact seems to penetrate the Anti Vaxxers, Anti maskers and downright deniers.
Unlike a conventional infection, transmitted by touch or consumed in a foodstuff, this is AIRBORNE and unbeknown to many including prominent Politicians as yet NOT ONE PERSON /COUNTRY has managed to block Air from one country entering another , not unless you are advocating huge bubbles over countries or cities to protect the inhabitants. A thought, having said that , if we did we could put ALL the Anti anything in one bubble and watch while they die horribly.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 21, 2021, 10:30 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 21, 2021, 9:58 am
Statistics, numbers and cynics abound everywhere, some correct and some clearly wrong , however we forget , well some of us do in any event judging by cynical comments and the attitude my stats mare better than yours. WE ARE ALL on this planet together, what affects one may very well affect us all, not that that simple fact seems to penetrate the Anti Vaxxers, Anti maskers and downright deniers.
Unlike a conventional infection, transmitted by touch or consumed in a foodstuff, this is AIRBORNE and unbeknown to many including prominent Politicians as yet NOT ONE PERSON /COUNTRY has managed to block Air from one country entering another , not unless you are advocating huge bubbles over countries or cities to protect the inhabitants. A thought, having said that , if we did we could put ALL the Anti anything in one bubble and watch while they die horribly.
KP highlighted in red above is at best DONKEYTWADDLE Worth a laugh , maybe should ov been on the joke thread.,

Yes all are open to infection even politicians :? prominent or not , EPL footballers and managers and bin dippers.. covid is infectious via person to person contact not the air from one continent wafting into another ... countries have tackled this in numerous different ways , some failed miserably some failed and some did ok.. deciding where Thailand ranks is open to conjecture but IMO .. apart from the sudden and head shaking restriction flip flops plus at best dodgy phone apps its been a reasonable effort here when comparing some other nations.

Back in the real world .. the PM and Co seem very happy with the most recent covid stats with daily new cases dropping as are deaths plus recovery rates increasing ... its now rumoured of a re think on the January 16 opening of entertainment venues to mid December thus making the festive and New Year period more joyous for those who like to partake in the amber nectar or top shelf.... so could be goal posts moved again ..wait n see.

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 21, 2021, 12:20 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 21, 2021, 10:30 am
Khun Paul wrote:
November 21, 2021, 9:58 am
KP highlighted in red above is at best DONKEYTWADDLE Worth a laugh , maybe should ov been on the joke thread.,

Yes all are open to infection even politicians :? prominent or not , EPL footballers and managers and bin dippers.. covid is infectious via person to person contact not the air from one continent wafting into another ... countries have tackled this in numerous different ways , some failed miserably some failed and some did ok.. deciding where Thailand ranks is open to conjecture but IMO .. apart from the sudden and head shaking restriction flip flops plus at best dodgy phone apps its been a reasonable effort here when comparing some other nations.

Back in the real world .. the PM and Co seem very happy with the most recent covid stats with daily new cases dropping as are deaths plus recovery rates increasing ... its now rumoured of a re think on the January 16 opening of entertainment venues to mid December thus making the festive and New Year period more joyous for those who like to partake in the amber nectar or top shelf.... so could be goal posts moved again ..wait n see.

DM
Thankyou for your quote, ranks very high as utterly useless , missing the point as usual .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 21, 2021, 12:28 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
Donkeytwaddle?

"The principal mode by which people are infected with SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) is through exposure to respiratory fluids carrying infectious virus. Exposure occurs in three principal ways: (1) inhalation of very fine respiratory droplets and aerosol particles, (2) deposition of respiratory droplets and particles on exposed mucous membranes in the mouth, nose, or eye by direct splashes and sprays, and (3) touching mucous membranes with hands that have been soiled either directly by virus-containing respiratory fluids or indirectly by touching surfaces with virus on them.

People release respiratory fluids during exhalation (e.g., quiet breathing, speaking, singing, exercise, coughing, sneezing) in the form of droplets across a spectrum of sizes.1-9 These droplets carry virus and transmit infection.

The largest droplets settle out of the air rapidly, within seconds to minutes.
The smallest very fine droplets, and aerosol particles formed when these fine droplets rapidly dry, are small enough that they can remain suspended in the air for minutes to hours.

Infectious exposures to respiratory fluids carrying SARS-CoV-2 occur in three principal ways (not mutually exclusive):

Inhalation of air carrying very small fine droplets and aerosol particles that contain infectious virus. Risk of transmission is greatest within three to six feet of an infectious source where the concentration of these very fine droplets and particles is greatest.

Deposition of virus carried in exhaled droplets and particles onto exposed mucous membranes (i.e., “splashes and sprays”, such as being coughed on). Risk of transmission is likewise greatest close to an infectious source where the concentration of these exhaled droplets and particles is greatest.

Touching mucous membranes with hands soiled by exhaled respiratory fluids containing virus or from touching inanimate surfaces contaminated with virus."

SARS-CoV-2 is airborne for most of it's damaging, working life.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... ssion.html
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 21, 2021, 12:41 pm

tamada wrote:
November 21, 2021, 12:28 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
Donkeytwaddle?

"The principal mode by which people are infected with SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) is through exposure to respiratory fluids carrying infectious virus. Exposure occurs in three principal ways: (1) inhalation of very fine respiratory droplets and aerosol particles, (2) deposition of respiratory droplets and particles on exposed mucous membranes in the mouth, nose, or eye by direct splashes and sprays, and (3) touching mucous membranes with hands that have been soiled either directly by virus-containing respiratory fluids or indirectly by touching surfaces with virus on them.

People release respiratory fluids during exhalation (e.g., quiet breathing, speaking, singing, exercise, coughing, sneezing) in the form of droplets across a spectrum of sizes.1-9 These droplets carry virus and transmit infection.

The smallest very fine droplets, and aerosol particles formed when these fine droplets rapidly dry, are small enough that they can remain suspended in the air for minutes to hours.

Infectious exposures to respiratory fluids carrying SARS-CoV-2 occur in three principal ways (not mutually exclusive):

Inhalation of air carrying very small fine droplets and aerosol particles that contain infectious virus. Risk of transmission is greatest within three to six feet of an infectious source where the concentration of these very fine droplets and particles is greatest.

Deposition of virus carried in exhaled droplets and particles onto exposed mucous membranes (i.e., “splashes and sprays”, such as being coughed on). Risk of transmission is likewise greatest close to an infectious source where the concentration of these exhaled droplets and particles is greatest.

Touching mucous membranes with hands soiled by exhaled respiratory fluids containing virus or from touching inanimate surfaces contaminated with virus."

Thanks for confirming my post was accurate Tammy ... 2 people need to be in close proximity for these infected droplets to be gobbed or snotted out .. hence forth not having gatherings social distancing and masks play a big part of tackling it ..along with hand washing.

My donkeytwaddle comment was aimed at the fact ITS NOT LIKE it wafts in like a fart on the wind from country to country .. it is carried / transported by an infected person who releases droplets which infect others .. and why lock downs are an excellent prevention method ..you cant lock down the wind / weather and atmosphere.

covid needs to hitch a ride on humans ..

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 21, 2021, 3:42 pm

That is exactly what I said but often the myopic posters cannot read what is in front of them.
I said UNLIKE conventional infection this is AIRBORNE .
That was not in dispute as alluded to by our resident blind Postee .

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 21, 2021, 4:28 pm

tamada wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:
Donkeytwaddle?

yep :lol:
64.jpg
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :confused:

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 22, 2021, 2:38 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 21, 2021, 12:41 pm
tamada wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:
Donkeytwaddle?

If I remember correctly it can last up to 36 hours on shiny surfaces, but then one must defer to the Man from Yorkshire who is always correct ................possibly .....lol

Thanks for confirming my post was accurate Tammy ... 2 people need to be in close proximity for these infected droplets to be gobbed or snotted out .. hence forth not having gatherings social distancing and masks play a big part of tackling it ..along with hand washing.

My donkeytwaddle comment was aimed at the fact ITS NOT LIKE it wafts in like a fart on the wind from country to country .. it is carried / transported by an infected person who releases droplets which infect others .. and why lock downs are an excellent prevention method ..you cant lock down the wind / weather and atmosphere.

DM
Actually again mis-information, it can like many other airborne dieases, remain transmisable by attaching itself to surfaces frequented by humans and therefore can also be caught by touching siad infected surface, so if you are going to rubbish poster comments make damn sure your comments are 100% factual .
That is why buildings and places have to undergo a DEEP CLEAN, after removing the HUMANS it can still be lingering on surfaces, so close proximity is JUST ONE of the ways it can be caught.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 22, 2021, 3:24 pm

What is a conventional infection ?? or more to the point what is a unconventional infection?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 22, 2021, 4:53 pm

noosard wrote:
November 22, 2021, 3:24 pm
What is a conventional infection ?? or more to the point what is a unconventional infection?
Basing my comments purely on experience, conventional infections are either by a substance you eat, or penetrates the skin in some way thereby infecting the body , for example Bubonic plague ( a Human killer )< spread by rats, contaminating surroundings or even biting you

Purely Airborne , as this is is trickier to deal with, nothing to be seen and what is even more worrying, how it started, most diseases around the world we know how they started, Bird Flu, Measles, etc, but this Covid is a problem because we cannot stop it at source, mainly because we do not know the source
Its contagion transmission level fluctuates so , letting ones guard down like it appears they have in Europe is a dangerous exercise .
Unlike for example Chickenpox when the spots arrive you are no longer contagious, this Covid is a whole different ball game .

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 22, 2021, 5:01 pm

Maybe some good news from the rising sun
Incredible new data out of Japan has left experts convinced the nation of 125 million has successfully eradicated the Delta variant of Covid-19.
New research out of Japan’s National Institute of Genetics suggests the strain drove itself towards a “natural extinction” there after several mutations led to it being unable to make copies of itself.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 22, 2021, 5:06 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
November 22, 2021, 2:38 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 21, 2021, 12:41 pm
tamada wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:
Donkeytwaddle?

If I remember correctly it can last up to 36 hours on shiny surfaces, but then one must defer to the Man from Yorkshire who is always correct ................possibly .....lol

DM
Actually again mis-information, it can like many other airborne dieases, remain transmisable by attaching itself to surfaces frequented by humans and therefore can also be caught by touching siad infected surface, so if you are going to rubbish poster comments make damn sure your comments are 100% factual .
That is why buildings and places have to undergo a DEEP CLEAN, after removing the HUMANS it can still be lingering on surfaces, so close proximity is JUST ONE of the ways it can be caught.
Your missing the point .. yes covid can attach itself to surfaces and linger there but it get onto those surfaces via human transmission... im fully aware of the fact it can last anywhere from a few hours to a few days depending on conditions been through all this with customs and MOPH re the alcohol containers arriving . being opened and sprayed and left a few hours .. emphasizing my point it needs humans to transmit it on to surfaces .

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 22, 2021, 6:20 pm

But PRIMARILY, the humans need to be breathing.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”