Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

timmy
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by timmy » January 17, 2023, 11:59 am

pal52 wrote:
January 17, 2023, 11:33 am
now then DM ,
i,ve just been for my 4th shot not 30 mins ago at the main general hospital ( the outside bit ) in - out - home easy less than 10 mins , straight to udon health dept to get covit passport updated while i waited ( no que - i know wrong spelling ) back home in time to watch last nights Corrie , wow what a life ....
Timmy where is the outside bit.
Is it near the entrance to Prajak Park
the outside bit ... is up the side road opposite the entrance to Nong Prajak park
straight across from the Amazon coffee shop ..

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » January 17, 2023, 12:03 pm

the-monk wrote:
January 17, 2023, 11:37 am
Good day,
Could you tell me where exactly is the Udon Health Dept where you got your COVID passport updated !.
Thanks
Stay safe.
frazee , put a map to the health dept a few posts back , but very easy to find and again no waiting ..

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 21, 2023, 9:09 am

COVID Booster shots
What they are recommending (it aint going away)

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/often-c ... 02230.html

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 21, 2023, 10:54 am

No it certainly will not, like the flu, TB, Polio , to name a couple, will NEVER go away, just controlled by vaccinations so it does not kill people .
BUT people have to accept that and change lifelong practices to maintain ones health, NOT just rely on the Medical profession and vaccines to protect you from your own stupidity !!!!!

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » January 21, 2023, 6:40 pm

Doodoo wrote:
January 21, 2023, 9:09 am
COVID Booster shots
What they are recommending (it aint going away)

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/often-c ... 02230.html
Just got my Omicron variant booster here in U S. from my local Veterns hospital. The vaccine manufacturers are currently doing trials combining Flu and Covid vaccines. Would have signed up but had already gotten Flu vaccine when trial started in my area.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 21, 2023, 7:29 pm

Reports in Australia today that excess deaths spiked a lot due to heart problems in the main. The research points to covid having weakened the body and increases the chance of heart attacks. Early treatment apparently helps, but those that toughed it out damaged themselves. The spike in UK deaths probably from same phenomenon
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » January 21, 2023, 7:48 pm

Whistler wrote:
January 21, 2023, 7:29 pm
Reports in Australia today that excess deaths spiked a lot due to heart problems in the main. The research points to covid having weakened the body and increases the chance of heart attacks. Early treatment apparently helps, but those that toughed it out damaged themselves. The spike in UK deaths probably from same phenomenon
For those who want to read more on Australia covid heart deaths

https://www.smh.com.au/national/fatal-h ... 5cd22.html

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 21, 2023, 8:35 pm

Stantheman wrote:
January 21, 2023, 7:48 pm
Whistler wrote:
January 21, 2023, 7:29 pm
For those who want to read more on Australia covid heart deaths

https://www.smh.com.au/national/fatal-h ... 5cd22.html
From smh: "Delayed diagnoses, prevention and treatment through the pandemic are a factor behind the deaths."

Pretty confident in the soundness of their reasoning. Also pretty confident that the 'pure bloods' will have a field day regardless.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » January 22, 2023, 3:41 pm

This guy puts it pretty well, ref.untested drugs, vaccines etc, maybe you're bored with the whole subject, if not have a look

He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 22, 2023, 5:12 pm

This fella Simon Web isnt even qualified to write about the virus He is not a doctor, medical researcher etc So why I or anyone else would listen to him is beyond me
But thanks for the offer
https://www.simon-webb.com/
"I have a particular interest in, and extensive knowledge of; terrorism in Victorian and Edwardian Britain, capital punishment and home education. Anybody wishing for advice on these subjects may contact me here."

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » January 22, 2023, 5:40 pm

Doodoo wrote:
January 22, 2023, 5:12 pm
This fella Simon Web isnt even qualified to write about the virus He is not a doctor, medical researcher etc So why I or anyone else would listen to him is beyond me
But thanks for the offer
https://www.simon-webb.com/
"I have a particular interest in, and extensive knowledge of; terrorism in Victorian and Edwardian Britain, capital punishment and home education. Anybody wishing for advice on these subjects may contact me here."
He's a bit like me and you Mr Do, both of us are no expert but we all have an opinion, whether you take it on board or not is up to you.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 22, 2023, 7:00 pm

If it's unqualified YouTuber's what's swaying one's opinions, then sadly there's something amiss. Not with the nominally uninformed I mean. There's something amiss with those at the top entrusted with making the facts more credible than the fallacies.
Last edited by tamada on January 22, 2023, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 22, 2023, 7:14 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
January 22, 2023, 5:40 pm

He's a bit like me and you Mr Do, both of us are no expert but we all have an opinion, whether you take it on board or not is up to you.
Is there a distinction to be drawn between "taking it onboard", and promoting it?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 22, 2023, 7:17 pm

Onboard. It's so, so... Gen-X speak, no? You no longer get hired or inducted or trained on the job. You get onboarded.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 22, 2023, 7:20 pm

Couldn't agree more with that guy, I'm most certainly on the fence for a few years to see what pans out as I don't feel threatened by the covid money spinner...

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 22, 2023, 7:25 pm

I'm not sure any of the UM Forum cohort are qualified to speak about Gen X speak.

On the other hand, we all undoubtedly have varying levels of expertise on mRNA vaccines. 8)

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 22, 2023, 11:55 pm

Doodoo wrote:
January 22, 2023, 5:12 pm
You do, DooDoo?

Ever read The Secret Agent by Joseph Conrad? It's a classic.

No problem with anyone having an opinion on the Chinese 'flu vaccine so long as your not a presenter on Anglia TV.

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/23 ... vax-posts/
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 23, 2023, 2:15 am

This a quote from Simon Web and not me Ernest.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » January 24, 2023, 7:34 am

U.S. health officials want to make COVID-19 vaccinations more like the annual flu shot.
The Food and Drug Administration on Monday proposed a simplified approach for future vaccination efforts, allowing most adults and children to get a once-a-year shot to protect against the mutating virus.

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » January 25, 2023, 1:01 am

Lots of new thoughts on the C-19 topic including some older thoughts that are now being allowed to filter through:

And yes, Mr. W. before you attempt to make a slanderous quip, your take is not the only opinion but by all means don't feel stypholed or that you need to be careful on your next onslaught to our less than perfect world.

Still think this conversation is worth a listen if one wants to see a broader perspective on some of the C-19 discussion and a few more topics:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1fCp0j ... 3e0b2e4c95

NOTE1: These podcasts are long form and designed for a listener that does not want just sound byte news or info. There are more topics than Covid on this one including ChatGPT somewhere over the 2:35 hour mark which I thought quite informative.
NOTE2: You may need a Spotify Login to listen or watch, sorry.

MY THOUGHTS on the Potential Replies: Keep it respectful, listen more and keep the mind open and we may all benefit by sharing info more often is how I am attempting to navigate the landscape currently out there.
Most get this but trolls be warned as a silence only means my lack of time, interest or simply reloading. DBAD.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”