Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 7, 2021, 11:35 am

BKK-Udon wrote:
June 7, 2021, 9:16 am
I was pleasantly surprised to hear that the AZ vaccine was actually produced and deliveries started according to plan. Hurried off on Friday to get on the list at my nearest hospital, Prajak...https://www.udonmap.com/en/component/mt ... visit.html

They had a separate desk and waiting area set up for registrations, and a nurse took my phone and registered me through Line. Asking if a date was available as I’m in the ‘elderly’ catagory, was informed August or after. They will call.

Curious as to why my priority group would not be sooner, was informed that the priority group is those who are elderly (over 60) AND with one of seven diseases, which she proceded to rattle off. :-k

It is my understanding that the AND is actually meant to be OR, as is often published in English media, including today’s BP. TIT :?

DM, you have nailed it.
Quite understandable that the first group is an AND group as they will be highest risk

The second group is likely to be an OR group

Don’t forget that the English version is always an interpretation of the Thai and quite often has subtle differences

Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » June 7, 2021, 4:35 pm

here's the Thai government "Intervac" site for foreigners. The American Embassy provided it and advised, at present, it is for only Bangkok and Pattaya.http://thailandintervac.com/ I haven't waded through the entire process.
Dave

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » June 7, 2021, 6:20 pm

http://thailandintervac.com/
I made an appointment with this website. Hope it comes through.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » June 7, 2021, 7:07 pm

19:04 I just checked the website and here is what i got : << Please be advised that the reservation system for the vaccination appointment is being updated. You cannot make a reservation for a certain amount of time. Please try registration after 5:00 p.m. We have to apologize for all the inconvenience. >>... At this time it looks like it s available in BKK only ? Is that right ?
Thanks.
Stay safe.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 7, 2021, 10:03 pm

I would imagine that like most of these hastily cobbled together rush-job national registration sites, it's woefully under-resourced and more down than up. Since the vaccines notionally only became available over the past weekend, I wouldn't rush. Give it a few days maybe?

The vaccination priority will invariably be Bangkok and other hot spots and then the tourist destinations with Phuket at the top of that pile. No need to gurn about farangs being discriminated against either.

Head was on the BBC earlier giving a report from the huge, brand new and not officially opened main railway station at Bang Sue which is serving as a vaccination center. He described Thailand's health care system as efficient which, when you ignore the DPM and Health Minister, is quite true. IMHO the network has been integral in keeping the pandemic manageable despite the cockups of the "upper management" and political grandstanders.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » June 8, 2021, 9:33 am

Story in The Guardian criticizes Siam Biotech who produce the vaccine in Thailand.
It states they had no experience previously in producing vaccines.
Also delays in supplying other Asian countries.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... kings-firm

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » June 8, 2021, 10:42 am

the-monk wrote:
June 7, 2021, 7:07 pm
19:04 I just checked the website and here is what i got : << Please be advised that the reservation system for the vaccination appointment is being updated. You cannot make a reservation for a certain amount of time. Please try registration after 5:00 p.m. We have to apologize for all the inconvenience. >>... At this time it looks like it s available in BKK only ? Is that right ?
Thanks.
Stay safe.
I used a Bangkok address when the site was accepting registrations yesterday and got a default reply to wait for a reply by email sometime in future. There was no option to select any appointment date like some earlier registered types could do or any explanation why I had to wait for the email in future.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 8, 2021, 12:20 pm

The Labour party in the United Kingdom has suggested that the UK border be closed to travellers from Vietnam and Thailand, citing the appearance and spread of a variety of Covid-19 variants.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/labo ... nd-vietnam

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » June 8, 2021, 8:10 pm

Bloody typical, so maybe not going back in July.

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » June 9, 2021, 2:06 pm

mak wrote:
June 7, 2021, 6:20 pm
http://thailandintervac.com/
I made an appointment with this website. Hope it comes through.
Did you make an appointment for Bangkok Gus, I only get options of 3 vaccine centres all in BKK... I was told at the local hospital this site is for Bangkok and Pattaya only.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 9, 2021, 2:34 pm

rick wrote:
June 8, 2021, 8:10 pm
Bloody typical, so maybe not going back in July.
Priti Pratel doesn't do what her own party and electorate tells her so the advice of the Shadow Home Secretary won't get much attention.

Mind you, the British army have been mobilised (again) into bits of Lancashire to support door-to-door testing teams while the government consigns extra vaccines to the 'surge' vaccination shops being set up.

Boris's grand re-opening on 21 June may be imperiled. OMG! Think of all those lost votes if it is!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 9, 2021, 2:38 pm

My kiwi mate, late 60's and resident in Pattaya, registered online directly with Phayathai Hospital in Bangkok last Friday. He's just received his appointment for his AZ shot on 24th June. The confirmation does include the broad disclaimer that the type of vaccine and the date may be changed based on what's available.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » June 9, 2021, 3:23 pm

Same hospital June 22. However I got my 3rd cancellation today from Wattana for my June 17 appointment, lack of vaccines. 1st and 2nd, Vimuth and Chulabhorn, same explanation, lack of vaccines.
Central were giving vaccines Monday to the lucky few who happened to be there.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » June 9, 2021, 3:47 pm

went to Prajaksilapakorn Military Hospital today to register. They said no problem and pointed to the QR code poster on the front of their kiosk. You'll need a QR scanner app on your phone and a LINE Account. The application form is in Thai. I haven't got an SMS back yet acknowledging registration. Here's a JPG of the QR Code (if it will up load.) BTW, they didn't ask for ID Card, Passport, Yellow book etc. Now, one thing.. you do need a 13 digit ID number as is found on the famous "Pink ID Card.." Perhaps another reason to have one?
Thumbnail.jpg
Dave

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » June 9, 2021, 7:33 pm

Actually that FAMOUS pink card number is also on your Yellow Book, take another look. I was instructed to use the 13 digit number listed on my Yellow Book and was told this is the same ID number they use for your Pink Card.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 9, 2021, 9:26 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
June 9, 2021, 7:33 pm
Actually that FAMOUS pink card number is also on your Yellow Book, take another look. I was instructed to use the 13 digit number listed on my Yellow Book and was told this is the same ID number they use for your Pink Card.
Yes, it's on page 2 of the YB, below your name.

(The 11 digit number on page 1 and top of page 2 is the YB number.)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 9, 2021, 9:57 pm

My mate's buddy in Oswaldtwistle who has already had his two jabs just tested Covid positive at one of Lancashire's "surge" testing facilities.

He's off to write a letter to Tony Blair, the former MP, who's been burning up the airwaves with his call for Johnson's government to hurry up with "Covid passports" for all those who've been double-shot.

Bloody idiot politicians!

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » June 10, 2021, 6:57 am

Just when we thought we were doing so well down under and getting the chance to get the jab distributed, along come a pair of sh**t for brains and decide to go on an illegal road trip from locked down Melbourne.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-10 ... 100201286

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 10, 2021, 8:46 am

Elevated Risk of Bleeding Disorders After AstraZeneca Vaccine

Researchers studying records of 1.7 million adults who received the AstraZeneca AZN 2.29% PLC Covid-19 vaccine in Scotland found a small increased risk of bleeding conditions also sometimes associated with several vaccines routinely given to children, and usually treatable.

The blood disorders are different from a very rare but sometimes deadly blood-clotting condition that—coupled with low platelet levels—researchers in Europe have already linked to the AstraZeneca vaccine. That possible side effect has been the focus of regulatory and government scrutiny in recent months.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-study- ... 1623259534
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 10, 2021, 9:01 am

bluejets wrote:
June 10, 2021, 6:57 am
Just when we thought we were doing so well down under and getting the chance to get the jab distributed, along come a pair of sh**t for brains and decide to go on an illegal road trip from locked down Melbourne.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-10 ... 100201286
Good job they caught them before the bloke decided he needed to drive to Brissie to test his eyesight before driving back down south.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”