Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by pipoz4444 » April 27, 2021, 3:48 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 27, 2021, 8:55 am
yes most at the Pattaya kneesup were teachers according to the news report last night.

Please Puffys party went ahead without me .. catch up on the ironing today eh ? ..

DM
I wonder if any of them (the Teachers) will have their Visa's pulled/cancelled as a result?.

There was I thinking that Teachers should be a "leading light and to exemplify, by example", as the Pillar's of Society. :-# :guitar: :guitar: or did I mean to say, Pillock in this case.

Pillock.jpg
Pillock.jpg (6.04 KiB) Viewed 1742 times

Not sure if breaking the Covid-19 rules in Thailand constitutes a criminal offense, in Thailand or whether it just rates equal with a Traffic fine \:D/

pipoz4444

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 27, 2021, 10:02 pm

Back to.the old chesnut ..wearing masks

Definately more noticable more people are now wearing masks tho must say still.too many incorrectly on the ears with the face covering under the chin ..TWOT ..some only covering the mouth not the nose as well .. very annoying and unfair fir those wearing correctly n being sensible.

Latest update on fines in BKK
6000 first offence
12 000 second
20,000 max third

Just how authourities know how many times a person has been caught is open to conjecture .

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 27, 2021, 10:04 pm

If i heard correctly the PM was fined as he sat at a governement meeting yesterday maskless n was done 6k

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » April 28, 2021, 1:00 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 27, 2021, 10:04 pm
If i heard correctly the PM was fined as he sat at a governement meeting yesterday maskless n was done 6k
Yes, but it is suspected to be just a setup to try and make the PM seem more human and promote mask use.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 28, 2021, 6:43 am

rick wrote:
April 28, 2021, 1:00 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 27, 2021, 10:04 pm
Yes, but it is suspected to be just a setup to try and make the PM seem more human and promote mask use.
Who really cares,, the fact that 95% of the local population will see and believe, then they will all wear masks. Job done as far as thje government is concerned. Clever ( for once ) PR stunt

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 28, 2021, 7:40 am

Yes i had gathered it was a set up to get the PM some brownie points .. my post was more tongue in cheek as a follow on from the previous one that highlighted the rampant incorrect wearing of masks in the general population...easily proven simply by watching daily life around oneself and ch 32 Thairath 7pm news where just about every Joe bloggs interviewed for various incidents nationwide were not wearing a mask at all or incorrectly.

Not easy for a chain smoker to wear a mask correctly as i also witnessed yesterday.

IMO with the first two covid waves many were blase about this issue but now this 3rd wave has changed that thought process considerably and rightly so with circa 2k a day new cases and 15 deaths yesterday .... the lives of a rural farmer , market trader , delivery guy , road worker and expat are just as important as one of these so called hiso ""super stars"" that again IMO seem to be getting too much TV airtime... it seems this wave began within the Bkk hiso community and could possibly of been contained without the SK travel that happened.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 28, 2021, 8:06 am

According to this op-ed from the Bangkok Post, the knives are out for DPM and Health Minister Anutin.

It suggests he needs replacing with someone who knows what they're doing which in itself is a pretty radical concept for a nation who's cabinet of ministers is traditionally a mashup of favors, shady alliances and reach-arounds, be it military or civilian.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opi ... a-shambles

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 28, 2021, 10:04 am

"relaxed restrictions that led people to mingle, including at political rallies and religious observances; and low vaccine coverage"

As well as Thailand did the first year of the pandemic, it seems they let their guard down and are now paying the price. All the curfews/lockdowns/safeguards are only temporary fixes.....until they get vaccine into people's arms. One wonders what the long term fallout will be for the economy.......a business can only operate in standby mode for so long. From the looks of things in/around Udon, there are a lot of businesses operating in standby mode.
Along the Udon-Nongwahsaw Hwy, around kilo 23, there's several stalls selling watermelons. I spoke with one of the vendors a few days ago......all the vendors stocked up on watermelons for the Songkran holiday.....typically, people traveling past would stop to pick up a few hundred baht worth for family/friends. That didn't happen this year.....and watermelons don't have a long shelf life. I'd guess the hundreds of bamboo-pipe-sticky-rice (ข้าวหลาม) vendors along the Udon-KK hwy took a similar hit with reduced travelers. It's easy to think of the airlines/hotels/restaurants/bars being affected by the pandemic......but I'm sure the hurt goes much deeper into the capillaries of the country.

That quote above.......I forgot to add.....that's the analysis of what led to the sudden recent surge in cases in India.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 28, 2021, 10:58 am

Back to the watermelon vendors.......the city publishes a daily tally of incoming/outbound passengers from the Udon airport. The graph shows numbers from this year and last. Just for comparison......last year, same day, over 6000 passengers passed through the airport (inbound/outbound). This year, same day, 767 passengers (in/out) on 5 flights coming in and 5 going out. I'll guess that a lot of the airline/airport people are getting extra help from the government, but that gai yang vendor just outside terminal 2 probably isn't. Big businesses like VT Namneuang can probably survive.....but I'm worried about my family-owned Vietnamese noodle shop going under
Attachments
177679980_2646948672270971_8398163933709973996_n.jpg

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » April 28, 2021, 11:00 am

I think your observations are "spot on". People are staying home and vendors are seeing very little "traffic". Once they've folded it will be very difficult to restart as the entire production and supply line will have been disrupted. Hard times getting harder.

I'm glad you posted the Thai script for khao lam (ข้าวหลาม), it literally means swollen or overcrowded rice, which makes perfect sense. I'd not thought about it before. Lam (หลาม), in that context, isn't a term often heard.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 28, 2021, 12:11 pm

Shado wrote:
April 28, 2021, 11:00 am
Lam (หลาม), in that context, isn't a term often heard.
Unless you're hanging around a pit of anacondas!

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 28, 2021, 2:27 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
April 27, 2021, 3:48 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 27, 2021, 8:55 am
yes most at the Pattaya kneesup were teachers according to the news report last night.

Please Puffys party went ahead without me .. catch up on the ironing today eh ? ..

DM
I wonder if any of them (the Teachers) will have their Visa's pulled/cancelled as a result?.

There was I thinking that Teachers should be a "leading light and to exemplify, by example", as the Pillar's of Society. :-# :guitar: :guitar: or did I mean to say, Pillock in this case.

Pillock.jpg

Not sure if breaking the Covid-19 rules in Thailand constitutes a criminal offense, in Thailand or whether it just rates equal with a Traffic fine \:D/

pipoz4444
"Legal Penalties and possible Expulsion" hmmm :-$ :-k

See how a few idiots can make life difficult for Others. [-X

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/121529 ... paign=news

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » April 28, 2021, 4:50 pm

The blame from the top goes down the chain of command Pipoz from the health minister Anutin calling us dirty falangs who don't wash and who are not wanted in Thailand to the Minions in Phuket now blaming falangs for not wearing Mask's and threatening them with deportation. Then there asking us to return to save there industry.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 29, 2021, 7:02 am

In the face of rising infection rates regionally as the Kent variant spreads further around the globe, Japan is going ahead with the Olympics. A revised Covid playbook has just been issued. I am sure the linked article only cherry-picked the most significant changes but I find it strange that the most basic "wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water" seems to have been diluted or de-emphasized pretty much everywhere.

https://www.olympic.org/news/joint-stat ... t-of-japan

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 29, 2021, 7:26 am

vlad wrote:
April 28, 2021, 4:50 pm
The blame from the top goes down the chain of command Pipoz from the health minister Anutin calling us dirty falangs who don't wash and who are not wanted in Thailand to the Minions in Phuket now blaming falangs for not wearing Mask's and threatening them with deportation. Then there asking us to return to save there industry.
It is intensely annoying to the less selfish and more cautious farang still here in Thailand when the few irresponsible farangs get caught and make headlines here. They seem to share the same disregard for the rules and shirk their social responsibilities as easily as the Bangkok hiso's. Maybe they think they are special as well? Chances are that if these foreigners were back in their homelands, they would be the same pillocks as they are over here. My friend back in the U.K. is amazed at the whole "we've dodged the bullet so deserve to go pubbing" mindset that is gripping some of the younger generation. In the same way as the Thai government's forlorn hope to save the tourist industry still gets repeated airplay, the U.K. government and media doesn't help by increasingly dangling the summer holiday superspreader event as something desirable.

I am not in the least fixated on how our hosts here may be xenophobic but still find it humorous that a single "dirty farang" jibe from one blatantly witless government flanker still gets some folk's panties in a bunch one year later. Now those are the wittering fools I do find annoying (again).

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 29, 2021, 9:05 am

vlad wrote:
April 28, 2021, 4:50 pm
To put this in prospective we are talking about the simple action of complying by wearing a mask nothing too difficult and IMO totally sensible .. obviously expats are guests here , proof of which are the strict immigration regulations that must be followed ..therefore of course the countries government have the right to treat any expats breaking regulations as they see fit even if different from a Thai national. Any foreigner getting caught without a mask is fined same as is aThai but purely the treat of deportation is there as they are not Thai and only here as a guest or visitor so can be treated differently.... harsh yes and the few foreigners who choose not to adhere to the mask regs give all other expats who have no problem with this simple task a bad name.

As Tam comments and this goes for any nationality .. if wearing a mask is just too difficult or somehow offends then this they must be some sort of loopy fruit where ever they choose to reside be it UK Thailand or anywhere in the world ... wearing a mask is so easy and the sensible responsible option to assist in easing then stopping the current situation...

The Thai government have recently made noises about ways of attracting long term visitors and retirees .. great news hope things become easier .. no where in the proposals did it say they would be exempt from Thai law which at the moment include wearing a mask when outdoors in most parts of the nation and IMO is probably here to stay so best get used to it , or move.

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 29, 2021, 9:28 am

Just had notification that my cleaners daughter a young mother with a babe in arms has been fined 5000 baht for NOT wearing a mask not far from me. The Police are out there making easy money , so forearmed is forewarned . Be careful and intelligent out there , Oh by the way she has until midday to pay or a possibilty of 3 months in prison . They are not mucking about this time.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 29, 2021, 9:52 am

Sanan said Health Minister Anutin Charnovirakul and the Thai Prime Minister were able to convince the Joint Meeting that Expats in Thailand and foreign workers will be able to get vaccinated.

Coming up

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 29, 2021, 10:13 am

Doodoo wrote:
April 29, 2021, 9:52 am
Sanan said Health Minister Anutin Charnovirakul and the Thai Prime Minister were able to convince the Joint Meeting that Expats in Thailand and foreign workers will be able to get vaccinated.

Coming up
Nice find there Doodoo. Hoping this will finally help some put their puerile "dirty farang!" Thai bash to bed.

You know who you are.

Back on topic, also coincides with the government's plan mentioned a few weeks ago to commence taking bookings for vaccinations from 1 May. I think it mentioned this being done online?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 29, 2021, 11:36 am

masks required.jpg

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”