Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by newtovillagelife » July 12, 2021, 1:02 pm

Looks like I will be getting a Sinovac jab tomorrow morning, despite all the negativity it's better than nothing. It may not stop me getting infected but will probably keep me out of hospital or an early death.
I also paid for the Moderna at BKK Hospital but who knows when that will arrive.

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » July 12, 2021, 4:48 pm

It seems maybe my second dose of Sinovac will be AZ!
From Bangkok Post:
In a major policy change, the Public Health Ministry has decided to use the AstraZeneca vaccine for the second jab for those who received Sinovac as the first dose.
Public Health Minister Anutin Chanvirakul announced the change on Monday.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2147511

BKK-Udon
udonmap.com

Post by BKK-Udon » July 12, 2021, 6:11 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 11, 2021, 12:20 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 11, 2021, 9:22 am
Walk in Sinovac vaccines at the Army hospital from 9am this morning for both Thai and Expats alike .. ppl waiting overnight last night.

DM
BS, no vaccine available today.
Surprised this exchange got lost in the chaos. Does anyone have any actual information from the Army Hospital? When I registered there, they told me “after August”, and when I tried to clarify that I was priority due to age, they said (in Thai) priority group was over 60 AND 1 of the 7 listed diseases. Yes, And, not or as all the other publications have clearly stated.

A friend was vaccinated with AZ today at Bumrungrad Hosp.

Good luck Issan folks!

Not much faith

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » July 12, 2021, 6:37 pm

Update on the lockdown inter-provincial travel situation.

FLYING - managed to get to Bangkok today, flying with Vietjet. They were the only airline flying today. I think no airline is flying tomorrow, Vietjet maybe on Wednesday. Do not trust the Udon Thani airport departures page - this morning it showed four flights scheduled, and they stayed that way until check-in time, then cancelled. My flight today was the third i booked - the previous ones were cancelled.

Trains - yesterday at the station said no overnight trains to Bangkok, maybe one a day in the morning - but hadn't had any official timetable, so maybe none.....

Buses - the overnight bus to Suvarnabhumi was apparently cancelled around April. Otherwise from Central bus station only one bus a day to Bangkok - maybe an overnight one - to Mochit. I guess also only one bus a day to neighbouring provinces.

Hope that helps anyone thinking of travelling.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 12, 2021, 6:39 pm

BKK-Udon wrote:
July 12, 2021, 6:11 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
July 11, 2021, 12:20 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 11, 2021, 9:22 am
Walk in Sinovac vaccines at the Army hospital from 9am this morning for both Thai and Expats alike .. ppl waiting overnight last night.

DM
BS, no vaccine available today.
Surprised this exchange got lost in the chaos. Does anyone have any actual information from the Army Hospital? When I registered there, they told me “after August”, and when I tried to clarify that I was priority due to age, they said (in Thai) priority group was over 60 AND 1 of the 7 listed diseases. Yes, And, not or as all the other publications have clearly stated.

A friend was vaccinated with AZ today at Bumrungrad Hosp.

Good luck Issan folks!

Not much faith
Most certainly not bullsh i t .. and i have absolutely no.reason the think.my missus is telling porkies as two of her friends received a first sinovac jab on a walk in basis as i posted ..they waiited at the army wing 13 hospital (not 23) from.the early hours... they asked Dao to go down not knowing she has already had her first AZ shot .

FYI.. also the TCPH in Tha Bo are having their second walk in AZ jab day very soon.the first was 2 weeks ago , i am curently waiting for a call to confirm the day i have to be there.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » July 12, 2021, 8:42 pm

rick wrote:
July 12, 2021, 6:37 pm
...Hope that helps anyone thinking of travelling.
if you don't have to travel for very important reason then please stay where you are.
please help to NOT spread the virus around Thailand.
stop mobility is the key to stop the spread.
please….

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 12, 2021, 10:45 pm

So far, England, Europe, and the United States only accept travelers who have had two shots of moderna, pfizer, or astrazeneca (manufactured in Britain, not India). I don't know about the Johnson jab, but they do not recognise the Chinese vaccines as effective. If the U.S. is sending Moderna to Thailand for free, why is the Thai government charging people over 3,000 baht to get it.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 12, 2021, 11:11 pm

LALA

The US is NOT sending Moderna to THailand "Biden has committed to providing other nations with all 60 million domestically produced doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine. "
So if you would provide the link to this story it would help. I have not read anything regarding this.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us ... ar-AALhcKS

As for entry to teh UK You do NOT need 2 injections of Moderna, Pfizer or anything else. https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 13, 2021, 6:43 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
July 12, 2021, 10:45 pm
If the U.S. is sending Moderna to Thailand for free, why is the Thai government charging people over 3,000 baht to get it.
Are the vaccines being provided free of charge? I have seen nothing to say that, and if they are don’t you think that the facts would be prominently displayed. “Shared with” dose not equal “given free”

There is certainly a cost once the vaccines arrive in county, I grant you that the storage, accounting, transport and administration costs are not 3000 Baht.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 13, 2021, 6:58 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
July 13, 2021, 6:43 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
July 12, 2021, 10:45 pm
If the U.S. is sending Moderna to Thailand for free, why is the Thai government charging people over 3,000 baht to get it.
Are the vaccines being provided free of charge? I have seen nothing to say that, and if they are don’t you think that the facts would be prominently displayed. “Shared with” dose not equal “given free”

There is certainly a cost once the vaccines arrive in county, I grant you that the storage, accounting, transport and administration costs are not 3000 Baht.
They are charging because they want to make money on it, and they know it's the better vaccine. If you are against that then don't purchase it.

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » July 13, 2021, 7:09 am

Even US citizens in Thailand have to pay for the Moderna vaccine. Are Japanese citizens being charged for the vaccine their government donated? Did French citizens pay for the vaccine they received recently?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 13, 2021, 7:40 am

Will expats STOP moaning about being charged for Vaccines, do not like the vaccine situation, bugger off back to your own country. Bunch of wimpy children all of you moaning.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 13, 2021, 8:01 am

Khun Paul wrote:
July 13, 2021, 7:40 am
Will expats STOP moaning about being charged for Vaccines, do not like the vaccine situation, bugger off back to your own country. Bunch of wimpy children all of you moaning.
KP ..would you apply this thinking to those expats who reside here yet persist in whinging about driving , visas, law enforcement ,corruption ,education lack of common sense etc etc ??????

Back on topic.. my Thai next door neighbor id going for his second jab today .. his first was Sinovac about a month ago the second today will be AZ ..as info only ... thats what he was informed when summoned yesterday afternoon for his jab today..so it looks like due to the low protection offered by Sinovac against certain strains its now being twinned to an AZ shot.

Disclaimer ..i have no reason to believe the guy next door is telling fibs ....... to be confirmed later today.

DM

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 13, 2021, 8:26 am

Khun Paul wrote:
What a hypocrite you are, given all the negative things you point out about Thailand in your posts.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 13, 2021, 8:30 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 13, 2021, 8:26 am
Khun Paul wrote:
What a hypocrite you are, given all the negative things you point out about Thailand in your posts.
I think it comes down to a gold medal-worthy lack of self-awareness.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 13, 2021, 9:18 am

Have just been informed that I get my first injection today 1pm at the uni

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 13, 2021, 9:27 am

noosard wrote:
July 13, 2021, 9:18 am
Have just been informed that I get my first injection today 1pm at the uni
Good news mate .. keep us informed as to what vac etc.. try not to cry (it is free :lol: )

DM

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » July 13, 2021, 12:23 pm

About 2 months ago, after getting my blood-test results at the Military Hospital on Tahan rd, on our way out my TGF asked the information officer if I ( farang mid 70s with a heart condition ) could register for the Covid vaccination program.
The answer was - NOT at this time, FARANG must wait for further announcement -.
This morning July 13, 2021, my TGF went to enquire again.. and again got the same reply i.e - MUST WAIT for announcement .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 13, 2021, 1:48 pm

the-monk wrote:
July 13, 2021, 12:23 pm
About 2 months ago, after getting my blood-test results at the Military Hospital on Tahan rd, on our way out my TGF asked the information officer if I ( farang mid 70s with a heart condition ) could register for the Covid vaccination program.
The answer was - NOT at this time, FARANG must wait for further announcement -.
This morning July 13, 2021, my TGF went to enquire again.. and again got the same reply i.e - MUST WAIT for announcement .
Didn't they have a placard with a QR code somewhere for signing up?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 13, 2021, 5:00 pm

109370.jpg
109426.jpg
AZ vaccine 1000s of people there
Saw 4 other farangs

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”