Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

pal52
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by pal52 » July 9, 2021, 7:41 am

I agree Tamada.
The only way to limit the spread of the Delta variant is for limit of movement of people and Vaccinations for everyone.

Just a couple of days ago President Biden made an appeal for Americans in to get Vaccinated to fight the recent upsurge of the delta strain in Western States.
He stated the Vaccines were available and free.

Sadly this is not the case in Thailand and we are a long way off the position of at least 80% of the population being fully vaccinated.

The problem Thailand also has is it is using far too many Sinovac doses.
It has shown to be only 50% effective against the Delta variety,
The Vaccine does not stop you getting the virus it makes the effects less serious as to prevent death and not require hospitalization.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » July 9, 2021, 8:39 am

"Thailand ranked 3rd to last worldwide on Covid-19 handling."

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 9, 2021, 8:57 am

mak wrote:
July 9, 2021, 8:39 am
By who ??

lock down coming for sure according to my bizz colleagues in Bkk .. first of all in the capital with provincial governors elsewhere making the call...per province not a total nationwide.

Vaccines are miles away earliest mid 2022 is my prediction.

Allowing the virus the be spread all over the country on 2 occasions (Songhkran and recently contruction /factory workers going home) has made the governments handling go from 10/10 on the 1st wave and second to ZERO on the third...

Also in numerous other countries often non politically based naive inexperienced leaders making bad choices in unpressidented times even career leaders like Boris have made serious errors ..ask Statto

sad times and makes you wonder just what businesses will be left if and when this pandemic finally eases and ends.. hundreds have called it a day in Bkk and Pattaya already stripping premises and former party hot spots are now ghost towns

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 9, 2021, 9:02 am

mak wrote:
July 9, 2021, 8:39 am
Read and weep.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/The-B ... OVID-waves?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 9, 2021, 9:09 am

Grim reading indeed Tam .

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » July 9, 2021, 10:44 am

Dear Prospect Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Recipient

Subject : Refund from the price reduction for Moderna COVID-19 Vaccines are currently in the process
Bangkok Hospital Udon would like to inform you that the refund of the price reduction which occurred on your Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine booking will be processed via bank transfer within 15 days after the conclusion of the exact price from the government.
Please notify your reservation name for Moderna COVID-19 Vaccines as well as your bank details for us to continue transferring money back to you.

**Kindly be aware of the bank charge in case of international bank account, we recommend you to provide the Thai Bank for this refund process.

Reservation Name :

Bank Name :

Bank Account Name :

Bank Account Number :

We are sorry for any inconvenience that may have caused, and we would like to thank you for trusting Bangkok Hospital Udon.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » July 9, 2021, 1:49 pm

A recent bout of random testing in the UK showed 30% more men than women were positive. It is speculated that the European cup football games are responsible; and i can quite believe it after seeing fans celebrating when England scored the winning goal 2 days ago - large crowd around big TV screen, at least 50 people in the camera shot - absolutely no social distancing, and not one mask visible. 50,000 infections a day coming soon.

When i get out of the airport next week I am going straight to rural Hampshire and becoming a hermit until i can get my shots.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 9, 2021, 1:53 pm

In other news, Amazon Cafe are reporting a shortage of straws because all the ones they had have now been clutched

Just stop the travelling FFS

YCMTSU
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » July 9, 2021, 2:41 pm

The latest measures will be announced on Thai TV this afternoon.

The CCSA are currently preparing a summary of information about the new measures to help solve the #Covid19 situation. There will be a live broadcast about this at around 4pm on NBT2HD #Thailand
Quote Tweet
ศูนย์ข้อมูล Covid-19
@Covid19Thailand
· 42m
ขณะนี้อยู่ระหว่างการจัดทำสรุปข้อมูลเพื่อความถูกต้อง และรัดกุม เพื่อให้มาตรการที่ประกาศออกมาสามารถแก้ปัญหาโควิด-19 ได้อย่างมีประสิทธิภาพมากที่สุด

รอติดตามการแถลงรายละเอียด 16.00 น. โดยประมาณ
ทางสถานีวิทยุโทรทัศน์แห่งประเทศไทย NBT2HD
และเพจ #ศูนย์ข้อมูลโควิด19

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 9, 2021, 2:48 pm

Blk lockdown from.tomorrow for min 14 days .. thats a direct source in the capital... TBA on Thai media outlets .

Other provinces to follow suit .

Dm

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » July 9, 2021, 3:21 pm

So the highways should be jammed tomorrow as everyone leaves Bangkok.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » July 9, 2021, 4:29 pm

mak wrote:
July 9, 2021, 3:21 pm
So the highways should be jammed tomorrow as everyone leaves Bangkok.
I think the horse has already bolted, went to Udon this morning via hwy 22 and it appeared to me that every 2nd vehicle had BKK number plates!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » July 9, 2021, 6:07 pm

Giggle wrote:
July 8, 2021, 9:04 pm
Want more cases? Administer more tests.
A pretty explicit admission that the number of cases is underreported.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 9, 2021, 7:20 pm

Oh YES as bkk goes into.lock down expect the transient workers to flee the capital on mass thus spreading the virus even more.. clogged Mittraphap rd going North
Hang on lets even give 3 days notice to get the fook out the city n take it away for the local.governirs to deal.with..
Whilst all.along vaccinating the fpopulation in bkk n sanbox not the provinces where all wilk.travel ..so the peasants dont really matter however much wying in promises are made..

This would never of happened in the day of Thaksin ..and been much better handledcwith trust anove rule by a non political non elected army general

Other than that i like Prayut

Now it all makes sense ...

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » July 9, 2021, 7:25 pm

pal52 wrote:
July 9, 2021, 7:41 am
Just a couple of days ago President Biden made an appeal for Americans in to get Vaccinated to fight the recent upsurge of the delta strain
Biden's so committed to get Americans vaccinated he's giving free jabs to illegal aliens hiding in Minnesota, foreign tourists in all international airports and several ports and railway stations, but not real Americans stuck in third-world prison paradises who actually pay taxes that funded SloJoe's largess. A real POS.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » July 9, 2021, 9:17 pm

rick wrote:
July 9, 2021, 1:49 pm
A recent bout of random testing in the UK showed 30% more men than women were positive. It is speculated that the European cup football games are responsible; and i can quite believe it after seeing fans celebrating when England scored the winning goal 2 days ago - large crowd around big TV screen, at least 50 people in the camera shot - absolutely no social distancing, and not one mask visible. 50,000 infections a day coming soon.

When i get out of the airport next week I am going straight to rural Hampshire and becoming a hermit until i can get my shots.
Most people in the UK are quite blase about Covid now. Theres a kind of acceptance, rightly or wrongly, that vaccines will make the difference and they wont get too ill. The virus is clearly everywhere and, I know more people who've had it in the last couple of weeks than in the previous year. None have been seriously ill and one, a diabetic obese cousin, was told he would definitely have been hospitalised and, maybe dead, if he hadn't had the vaccine.

I've been out to the pub to watch the football and, indeed, am going to Rugby League tonight. I expect the behaviour to be largely as per pre Covid, apart from the need to stick on a mask if you're standing up (going to the toilet etc).

If you believe the propaganda (and I, personally, do believe in the vaccine), then you are correct in your actions. Keep your head down until jabbed.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 10, 2021, 8:32 am

Air Asia cancelled all domestic flights until 1 August. If you have a flight reservation during that time, you should receive an email or message from AA telling you your options
Attachments
214633738_4185824578179279_4914656141432816028_n.jpg

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 10, 2021, 9:08 am

Giggle wrote:
July 9, 2021, 7:25 pm
pal52 wrote:
Just a couple of days ago President Biden made an appeal for Americans in to get Vaccinated to fight the recent upsurge of the delta strain
Biden's so committed to get Americans vaccinated he's giving free jabs to illegal aliens hiding in Minnesota, foreign tourists in all international airports and several ports and railway stations, but not real Americans stuck in third-world prison paradises who actually pay taxes that funded SloJoe's largess. A real POS.
Like Trump would of been any different??

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » July 10, 2021, 9:23 am

Soi Nana Thursday 6:30 pm.
Attachments
Soi Nana 1-1 Jul 8 2.jpg

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 10, 2021, 11:37 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 10, 2021, 9:08 am
Giggle wrote:
July 9, 2021, 7:25 pm
pal52 wrote:
Like Trump would of been any different??
i dont think the trump virus knows the difference between an illegal alien ,foreign tourists , or american red neck.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”