Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

BKK-Udon
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by BKK-Udon » June 17, 2021, 2:51 pm

mak wrote:
June 17, 2021, 2:10 pm
It gives my name, ID number, telephone number, date and time of appointment, which has already passed.
Also a check mark (registered) and an X for 1st and 2nd dose.
They don't have any vaccines, so I guess this was a stalling exercise to keep the masses quiet.
Excellent Link @Mak!
Mine shows name, phone number, ID number, category. No date.
Below is a green check for registered and red x for 1st and 2nd jabs.

Oddly, the phone number is not mine, or even one I have ever seen before! Strange!
:?

Edit: The qr code on the page took me to the Line App the Army hospital used to register me (Mor Phrom- Doctors Ready). From there I could edit my information. Changed the phone number to mine. May get the wife to call the other number, as curious!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 17, 2021, 3:41 pm

BKK-Udon wrote:
June 17, 2021, 2:51 pm
mak wrote:
It gives my name, ID number, telephone number, date and time of appointment, which has already passed.
They don't have any vaccines, so I guess this was a stalling exercise to keep the masses quiet.
Excellent Link @Mak!

Oddly, the phone number is not mine, or even one I have ever seen before! Strange!

Edit: The qr code on the page took me to the Line App the Army hospital used to register me (Mor Phrom- Doctors Ready). From there I could edit my information. Changed the phone number to mine. May get the wife to call the other number, as curious!
Didn't the intervac website get suspended after concerns about personal data being out there for anyone to scroll and click?

If this non-secure website is also showing the wrong phone number, maybe it's someone elses number?

Any website that isn't secure raises questions. This UDH one claims to be "Designed & Developed by SubLt.Kittiphop Prasarn" so personally, I would avoid it even with DM's barge pole.

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » June 17, 2021, 3:42 pm

Possible
Attachments
430483ED-F81C-4BFE-B78B-822FF6B56DD7.jpeg
A46A1229-2FD4-4D31-B7FE-C2188B905587.jpeg

BKK-Udon
udonmap.com

Post by BKK-Udon » June 17, 2021, 5:17 pm

tamada wrote:
June 17, 2021, 3:41 pm
BKK-Udon wrote:
June 17, 2021, 2:51 pm
mak wrote:
Excellent Link @Mak!

Didn't the intervac website get suspended after concerns about personal data being out there for anyone to scroll and click?

If this non-secure website is also showing the wrong phone number, maybe it's someone elses number?

Any website that isn't secure raises questions. This UDH one claims to be "Designed & Developed by SubLt.Kittiphop Prasarn" so personally, I would avoid it even with DM's barge pole.
Udon General Hospital (@mak’s link) is on a go.th server with https secured website. It was obviously someone else’s number under my name. I used the Line App to make the edit to the database, a highly secure and hack proof system, I’m sure! :-k

I am wondering if the reception listed their own number so they could contact me directly when my appointment comes up. It’s not like it was a typo.

Still a mystery as no one answers.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 20, 2021, 5:34 pm

Just became aware that last Tuesday, the Netherlands quietly moved the UK onto its Red List. For the moment the UK is keeping the Netherlands on their Amber List.

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2021/06/b ... m-tuesday/

Since AMS is a hub for many Thai-based Brits heading to/from the UK, thought it may be handy to know. I haven't checked how this affects transit pax since AFAIK both the Netherlands and the UK still have Thailand on their safe lists. NB: Netherlands doesn't have this Amber nonsense. For them countries are either Safe or High-risk.

Also keep in mind that the grace period where UK passport holders could still enjoy full EU travel benefits post-Brexit has expired. The key points regarding passport validity, length of stay, duty free purchases and permission to enter the EU* are included in the following link.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/ne ... 73142.html

* Initially British travellers need not apply in advance for permission to enter the EU. But from 2022 (or possibly later) British visitors will need to register online and pay in advance for an “Etias“ permit under the European Travel Information and Authorisation System.

This is a relatively light-touch visa, akin to the Esta used by the US. It will cost €7 (£6) for a three-year permit. The 90/180 rule will continue to prevail – limiting the amount of time that can be spent in the Schengen Area.

Last March, I was transiting Lisbon airport at dawn and forgetting the passport grace period, I got into the hoi-polloi, third-world passport line. I had a 4-hour connection time but after an hour, I had only moved from conga line 14 to conga line 10. Then I remembered the grace period and called over some ground staff who confirmed I could use the EU passport gates, a 30-second walk-in job. That will be something to keep mind if/when international travel resumes.

PS: I checked the Schiphol website and as of 18 June (last update) there's no quarantine needed for transit pax if they remain in-transit airside. So Brits coming from Red list UK and headed for Thailand shouldn't have any issues.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » June 21, 2021, 5:17 am

First batch of Sinopharm vaccine ordered by Chulabhorn academy arrives.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » June 21, 2021, 8:18 am

PM Prayut asks everyone to work hard together including getting vaccinated.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 21, 2021, 10:49 am

Phew, there was me thinking the vaccine roll out was going to be made fair & equitable. Glad to see they’re screwing it up again
Ministry defends decision to grant ThaiBev jab support
Bangkok Post
21/06/2021

Chatchai Promlert, permanent secretary for the Interior Ministry, is insisting that his approval to provide free Covid-19 vaccine doses to over 70,000 Thai Beverage Public Company Limited (ThaiBev) employees and their families is lawful.
Over the weekend Mr Chatchai was asked whether such approval was considered appropriate because many people across the country have yet to receive their jabs.
Mr Chatchai, who is also responsible for dealing with emergency situations and coordinating with provincial governors, was criticised after a letter addressed to governors and signed by him on June 17, went viral on the internet.
The letter details a request for support on the matter.
The company has requested assistance for the vaccination of 43,201 employees and 28,244 families in Bangkok and 76 provinces.
Mr Chatchai said he approved the allocation of free Covid-19 vaccine doses to ThaiBev under the guidelines of the National Communicable Diseases Committee.
The guidelines, dated May 18, open the opportunity for the public and private sectors to request vaccine doses for their people, especially in at-risk areas, he said.
"It is to [prevent] the emergence of new clusters and a spread [of Covid-19]. Please be confident in the vaccine distribution [initiative] of the National Vaccine Committee and the CCSA (Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration)," Mr Chatchai said.
"We observe the same standard -- there will be no selective behaviour since vaccination is a national issue that must proceed quickly," he said.
"[The approval] is in line with the guidelines of the National Communicable Diseases Committee to provide mass vaccinations to all people."
He said many in the public and private sectors are requesting vaccine support, including the Thai Industries Federation.
Chaiya Promma, deputy leader of the Pheu Thai Party and MP for Nong Bua Lam Phu province, said he disagrees with a large alcoholic beverage company being granted a request for vaccine support while people in the rest of the country are still not jabbed.
He said there is no need for the company to be provided with vaccine doses because it is capable of finding its own supplies for its employees.
The Interior Ministry, he said, should instead give its support to local authorities such as village heads, kamnan and local frontline workers as many of them remain unjabbed.
Yuttapong Charasathien, deputy leader of the Pheu Thai Party, also questioned why a large alcoholic beverage company had requested vaccine support from the Interior Ministry's permanent secretary.
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 22, 2021, 12:30 pm

I see where the French Embassy is now offering free J & J jabs to its 55 yo and over expats. Udon is a nominated centre.

Wonder how many Frenchmen have already parted with their (non refundable) 3800 Baht? :evil:

Anyway kudos to the proactive French Government. =D>
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 22, 2021, 1:14 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
June 22, 2021, 12:30 pm
I see where the French Embassy is now offering free J & J jabs to its 55 yo and over expats. Udon is a nominated centre.

Wonder how many Frenchmen have already parted with their (non refundable) 3800 Baht? :evil:

Anyway kudos to the proactive French Government. =D>
Im guessing there may be afew French ppl already paid up at BKKUDH .. non refundable yes .. but not all is lost they can transfer to vaccination to another persons name and get some baht back from them

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 22, 2021, 1:21 pm

^ Let me see how that works. "You can buy my "sometime in October" slot now or you can hold out for a faster, cheaper and maybe free one instead."

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 22, 2021, 2:07 pm

5 new cases reported in Udon
https://www.facebook.com/udonsafe/

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 23, 2021, 10:17 am

I'm thinking things aren't looking good on the home front:
51 Covid deaths yesterday. Talk of need for a third shot before a small fraction of the population has received the first. Vaccine-resistant Beta strain in the south. Growing evidence that the Chinese vaccine is less effective than promised. Sandbox about to open. Natives (and expats) getting restless.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 23, 2021, 10:50 am

parrot wrote:
June 23, 2021, 10:17 am
I'm thinking things aren't looking good on the home front:
51 Covid deaths yesterday. Talk of need for a third shot before a small fraction of the population has received the first. Vaccine-resistant Beta strain in the south. Growing evidence that the Chinese vaccine is less effective than promised. Sandbox about to open. Natives (and expats) getting restless.
That 'third shot' and Beta strain 'in the south' items refer to Thailand? From the Thai-language media?

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » June 23, 2021, 12:33 pm

Chargé d’Affaires Michael G. Heath of the US Embassy just put out a letter regarding vaccinations for Americans in Thailand. Despite pressure they aren't going to help US citizens get it done...

https://th.usembassy.gov/a-message-to-a ... ael-heath/

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 23, 2021, 12:43 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
June 23, 2021, 12:33 pm
Chargé d’Affaires Michael G. Heath of the US Embassy just put out a letter regarding vaccinations for Americans in Thailand. Despite pressure they aren't going to help US citizens get it done...

https://th.usembassy.gov/a-message-to-a ... ael-heath/
France 1 USA 0

So unless you live in a sandbox or you or a family member work for Thai bev co ltd dont count on getting a vaccine any time soon ... any vaccines that do come from the US will be gobbled up elsewhere not including Americans liviing here..

Just how the French will get the vaccines to its over 55 nationals here is yet to be seen ..as it appears everything arriving has to go through the Thai government for distribution and they are blinkered focusing on certain areas and groups.

I may have previously missed something as to how the vaccines are being " shared "

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » June 23, 2021, 1:22 pm

Makes me feel a lot better knowing the poor souls in the US mission are suffering with me. I know the situation will improve greatly because the writer is optimistic.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 23, 2021, 1:51 pm

Leading Chula professor criticizes government’s Sinovac obsession.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28886/lead ... obsession/

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 23, 2021, 2:11 pm

CNA is reporting that Surat Thani plans on opening Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao "two weeks" after Phuket reopens.

Phuket is an island served by an international airport and a single causeway to the mainland so the ASQ travel restrictions will be easy to enforce. Samui has an airport so assume that visitor's to the other couple of islands will be funneled via ferry. Sounds even more dodgy and less manageable than Phuket's sandbox, no?

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”