Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

mak
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by mak » May 9, 2021, 2:27 pm

leterry60614 wrote:
May 9, 2021, 9:20 am
We live in Nayung close to Wat Pa Phu Kon. This morning we received a surprise visite from the nurse of the local hospital offering the Chinese COVID-19 vaccine for the grand-parents and the Falang. 🙏🏼😷
However the wife promptly declined politely and said she will pay for her parents because she wants the vaccines from America. I’ll have the same. 😀
First time I have heard of someone turning down a Covid vaccine.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 9, 2021, 3:58 pm

leterry60614 wrote:
she wants the vaccines from America. I’ll have the same. 😀
I can understand wanting to wait for the more effective Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, but is there any indication that these will be available in Thailand anytime soon?
UFF DA!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 9, 2021, 5:34 pm

leterry60614 wrote:
We live in Nayung close to Wat Pa Phu Kon. This morning we received a surprise visite from the nurse of the local hospital offering the Chinese COVID-19 vaccine for the grand-parents and the Falang. 🙏🏼😷
However the wife promptly declined politely and said she will pay for her parents because she wants the vaccines from America. I’ll have the same. 😀
The vaccine known as Pfizer is German not American
BioNTech, a German company, developed the vaccine and collaborated with Pfizer, an American company, for support with clinical trials, logistics, and manufacturing.
Moderna Is a USA developed vaccine.
AFIK both got us government assistance in the development or trials stages.

So it looks as if there is just 1 US vaccine in general use not 2.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 11, 2021, 11:58 am

Nine student nurses at Thammasat University have suffered side effects following inoculation with the Chinese-made Sinovac vaccine, According to the Student Organization of Thammasat University’s Facebook page.

Of the nine, seven suffered significant side effects, including breathing difficulties, fatigue, partial body numbness, dizziness, muscle pains, chest pains and facial spasms, while two others suffered mild effects, after 88 student nurses were given Sinovac jabs on April 23rd and May 5th
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 11, 2021, 1:33 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
May 7, 2021, 3:15 pm
This doesn't help the image of the Foreigner (Farang) in Thailand

You have to wonder about the mentality of some, especially at this time?

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/121627 ... paign=news

pipoz4444
Sorry but the Thai Government just has to get tough and cancel the Visa's of these "Arrogant Clowns", expel them from Thailand for a Year, until such time as they grow a brain and learn their lesson. :-k :-k [-X

These Clowns simply ruin it, for all the legitimate law abiding Farang's in Thailand :-k :-k

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/121667 ... paign=news

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 11, 2021, 2:24 pm

Zidane wrote:
May 11, 2021, 11:58 am
Nine student nurses at Thammasat University have suffered side effects following inoculation with the Chinese-made Sinovac vaccine, According to the Student Organization of Thammasat University’s Facebook page.

Of the nine, seven suffered significant side effects, including breathing difficulties, fatigue, partial body numbness, dizziness, muscle pains, chest pains and facial spasms, while two others suffered mild effects, after 88 student nurses were given Sinovac jabs on April 23rd and May 5th
So thats about 10% suffered severe side effects . I believe if you work in the health service , you have no choice about this vaccine , its basically forced on you . =;
Yet the government say its perfectly safe , and they see it as their way out of this crisis . :roll:

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » May 11, 2021, 2:49 pm

This an interesting paper which has tried to estimate the number of ACTUAL Covid-19 deaths so far, using excess death data. Some countries are believed to be heavily under reporting (Russia by a factor of 5) Overall deaths are estimated to be over 6 million.

http://www.healthdata.org/special-analy ... -19-deaths

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 11, 2021, 3:49 pm

saint wrote:
May 11, 2021, 2:24 pm
So thats about 10% suffered severe side effects . I believe if you work in the health service , you have no choice about this vaccine , its basically forced on you . =;
Health care workers are typically required to have various vaccinations if they wish to work with patients, so yes it’s required if you want to keep working with patients. If you want to refuse the vaccination they may be able to find a job in administration you can do.

And NO the side effects were mostly not severe (significant is not equal to severe)

Nursing and staff who interact with patients are required to have a verity of vaccinations/immunisations as part of their profession. Do you want to go to hospital with one condition then catch some other diseases from the staff?
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on May 11, 2021, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leterry60614
udonmap.com

Post by leterry60614 » May 11, 2021, 4:11 pm

Americans in Thailand urge US to provide Covid-19 vaccines to citizens overseas.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/am ... s-overseas

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 12, 2021, 8:43 am

Here's a pic from Facebook of the quarantine facilities they have made in Chaiyaphum after a recent cluster has seen around 60 people infected.
Looks a bit like a school gym ?
FB_IMG_1620727324896.jpg
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 12, 2021, 9:48 am

Zidane wrote:
May 12, 2021, 8:43 am

Looks a bit like a school gym ?
It’s more likely to be a Amper hall, we have one exactly like it in our Amper grounds.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » May 12, 2021, 11:55 am

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, today (Tuesday) declared COVID-19 vaccination program Thailand’s national agenda as he urged Thai people to get vaccinated as many as possible, pointing out that vaccines are the key element which will usher Thailand through the crisis.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 12, 2021, 5:51 pm

With countries in the region ramping up or extending their quarantines and revising their 'reopening' in light of the new Indian variant, the UK's imminent 'liberation' looks like it's under threat.

Indian Covid variant calls in question 17 May reopening in UK, say experts

"According to the Covid-19 genomics UK consortium database – which may include duplicates and does not record whether sequences of the variants are linked to travel – for sequences up to 7 May, there have so far been 1,393 instances of B.1.617.2, making it the second most common variant in the UK.

Meanwhile, Wellcome Sanger Institute’s Covid-19 genomic surveillance data – which excludes recent travellers and surge testing specimens – suggests that about 6.1% of Covid genomes in England sequenced in the four weeks to 24 April can be attributed to B.1.617.2."

Goodbye summer holidays.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ay-experts

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 13, 2021, 5:55 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 11, 2021, 3:49 pm
saint wrote:
May 11, 2021, 2:24 pm
Health care workers are typically required to have various vaccinations if they wish to work with patients, so yes it’s required if you want to keep working with patients. If you want to refuse the vaccination they may be able to find a job in administration you can do.

And NO the side effects were mostly not severe (significant is not equal to severe)

Nursing and staff who interact with patients are required to have a verity of vaccinations/immunisations as part of their profession. Do you want to go to hospital with one condition then catch some other diseases from the staff?
I dont want to go to hospital at all ! Certainly not to get a Mickey Mouse vaccine thats ineffective but cheap . =;

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 13, 2021, 6:57 am

The locals are scared of this vaccination
It still is not in the rural villages as the local clinic has not injected the workers there yet
and they have been asked whether they want it or not mostly unsure

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 13, 2021, 7:20 am

noosard wrote:
May 13, 2021, 6:57 am
The locals are scared of this vaccination
It still is not in the rural villages as the local clinic has not injected the workers there yet
and they have been asked whether they want it or not mostly unsure
I can relate with that. Our Yai (who heard that there was a case at a nearby, small apartment block) was listening to the moobahn speaker announcement yesterday tea time where people were encouraged to go register for their vaccination as soon as possible. When asked by my son, who missed the whole broadcast, where this registration could be done, she only answered, " What if the vaccine kills you?" This from a 65 year-old who smokes local rollies, eats plah-rah with everything and watched her 65 year-old, rollie-smoking, plah-rah eating husband die of stomach cancer maybe three years ago now?

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 13, 2021, 7:24 am

BKK Post this morning..05-13

"In Udon Thani, provincial governor Sayam Sirimongkol on Wednesday chaired a meeting of various agencies to discuss a vaccination plan.

Later he said efforts were being made to administer vaccine doses to as many people as possible, with the booking process already accelerated. Officials have been told to develop a local version of the booking app "Mor Prom Udon Thani" for easy and quick registration for vaccine shots".

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... s-infected

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 13, 2021, 10:16 am

Covid Musings:
Three flights, 317 passengers, arrived in Udon yesterday.....as compared to 25ish flights and 6000ish passengers a year ago.

As bad as the drainage construction is around the Nongbua market these days, it could be tons worse if traffic levels were normal. Seems this is the area to avoid at any cost.

After slurping up my obligatory bowl of Viet noodles, then shop a bit, I'll head back to Naresuan Rd, next to Dose, for an ice-cream cone from Bahn I-Dem (บ้านไอติม). Homemade, with peanuts, green sticky rice, and waffle cone for 20 baht. Naresuan Rd is a hub for lunchies.....whether it's Dose or noodles or Desserts or any of the 20 or more small restaurants in that area.......so parking near my ice-cream shop is usually impossible. But these days, I can usually find a place in front or very near.....as opposed to 300m up the road.

Red license plates have traditionally been (for me) a good way to gauge the local economy. I'm still seeing a fair number of red plates.....but it seems most are high end luxury models. Maybe the well-to-do are spending their overseas' travel money on a new model BMW or Merc these days.

I've passed through a few dozen police checkpoints in the past few weeks....contrary to what some think is errant stopping to fill the till, all seems to be ops normal. Obey the law and the police don't bother you.

Exactly where would one find a Covid cardboard bed.......if one were looking for one?
Attachments
128035051_2657529197879585_7909359479217663032_n.jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 13, 2021, 1:27 pm

Anyone tried Mor Chana app lately? I uninstalled it last month as it would freeze on the splash screen. I recall @Niggly had the same issue and did the same. The government messages seem to recommend using it over the other app Thai Chana.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 13, 2021, 2:39 pm

Went to see my stepdaughter today,she works at Amazon behind the Goverment Hospital..She told me that a Doctor from GH are visiting people around the Hospital and wish them to come and have a shot of Vaccine,guess what,she told me people are to afraid to get the Vaccine so they decline the offer.And mind you it's FREE.

If this is the mentallity amongs many Thais..well then i guess we can have Covid for a long time..My thoughts only.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”