Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by tamada » January 13, 2021, 11:14 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
January 13, 2021, 10:10 am
tamada wrote:
January 13, 2021, 6:39 am
^ Who?
He is a very obscure individual who was in some way related to a former Prime Minister of Thailand, Yingluck Shinawatra
Related to who?

Struggling to find any relevancy here.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 13, 2021, 11:29 am

No problem. I am indicating that there is a political connexion between Khun Thaksin and the Khon Kaen Mayor. Does this mean anything if the Municipal Government purchases the vaccine for its citizens instead of the national government. Who will receive political credit if this goes ahead? No-one has suggested that Thaksin is going to provide any money for this purchase
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 13, 2021, 12:09 pm

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Wednesday:
👉 From 15 December to 13 January 👈
🔸6,754 people infected (+25 imported cases & +132 local cases)
🔸2,996 discharged from hospital (+211)
🔸 2,240 in hospitals and 1,511 in care elsewhere
🔸7 dead (+0)

Grand Total: 10,991 people infected and 67 deaths

Many thanks to Richard Barrow in Thailand
Attachments
FB_IMG_1610514419568.jpg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 13, 2021, 12:13 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
January 13, 2021, 11:10 am
fatbob wrote:
January 13, 2021, 8:29 am

Total BS, it has been rushed through without proper testing, the timeline proves that, hence the pharma company's taking no legal responsibility. What a vaccine, it doesn't prevent you from catching covid, spreading covid, all it doe's is maybe prevent you dying from it. If I was old and un healthy maybe I would consider it, if Boris and Trump recovered so fast and a death rate of less than 1% I will take my chances. But saying it has been tested as per other released vaccines is crap.
Your post deserves to feature on OANN it is so full of incorrect misrepresentations of the truth, unwarranted taking correlation to be causation and twisted statements.

To correct one blatant lie, you stated you would not take an untested vaccine. I pointed out that you could not get an untested vaccine as there are no untested vaccines available. There aren’t even any stage 1 trials in Thailand.

That you can’t comprehend the difference in time needed with other vaccines that have strict funding limits and some of the COVID-19 vaccines where funding is virtually unlimited demonstrates that it’s a you problem not a vaccine testing problem.

Your choice on getting vaccinated it exactly that, your choice. But misrepresenting the truth to support your choice is worthy of being called out.
Doe's the vaccine prevent you catching covid? NO. Doe's it prevent the spread? NO. It might prevent you dying from covid? Yes, maybe. Side effects unknown as it has not been tested long enough to know? Correct. Seems over 99% recover, correct, seems only the sick, old and weak have long term side effects, correct, I will take my chances.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 13, 2021, 1:14 pm

For the flat earthers and deniers, the keywords here are ...

BUILDING IMMUNITY

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... -work.html
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » January 13, 2021, 2:44 pm

If you need anymore proof of how this virus is spreading and the need to vaccinate people from this, the UK is from today taking patiants from Hospitals that can be be cared for into Hotels simply to free up beds for Covid care in Hospitals. You stated fatbob that the virus does not prevent Covid. Im sorry but your wrong the vaccine prevents the strain because your own body's anti body's recognises it and destoys it. This was tested by the Worlds virologist's the micro biotic Scientists and years spent dicovering vaccines. Just because they rolled it out quickly doesn't mean they cut corners, they had to if they waited 10+ years as per normal Billions would have died from a virus no 1 knew about a year ago. It wasn't just a few Scientists in a lab who discovered the vaccine every Top Scientists who have spent all there lives with virus's and germs have together thats why it was rolled out and tested. So if your opinion is higher then these Scientists then its up to you.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 13, 2021, 3:06 pm

Bkk trip update to come .. slight 1 day detour .. cleared by local health and morchana info .. back udon later today

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 13, 2021, 6:14 pm

Those who need to renew their driver’s licence will not be required to undergo written or driving tests for now in a bid to curb Covid-19 from spreading, the Department of Land Transport announced on its Facebook page @PR.DLT.News on Tuesday.

The tests have been cancelled for people whose licence has expired as per the following:

> The holder of a licence that has expired more than a year ago but not exceeding three years to the dates between January 4 and March 31, 2021, will not be required to take a written test. However, they will need to pass a physical checkup and classroom training.

> The holder of a licence that has expired for more than three years to the dates between January 4 and March 31, 2021, will not be required to take a driving test. However, they will need to pass a physical checkup, classroom training and a written test.

The department will also accept required documents (a doctor’s certificate, classroom training certificate) that have recently expired to be usable when renewing a licence until March 31.

It has informed the Royal Thai Police that holders of expired licences can still use these for identification when required by police until March 31.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401154

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » January 13, 2021, 9:01 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
January 13, 2021, 9:04 am
It is true a VACCINE will not stop you from catching the virus....
Are you sure about that? Isn't that exactly what the polio vaccine does, for example? A vaccine provides immunity, -- isn't that the definition of vaccine?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 13, 2021, 9:20 pm

Udon Map wrote:
January 13, 2021, 9:01 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
Are you sure about that? Isn't that exactly what the polio vaccine does, for example? A vaccine provides immunity, -- isn't that the definition of vaccine?
Of course the vaccine immunises a person against infection, I’ll put this link up again, perhaps he’ll read it this time instead of making silly comments.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » January 13, 2021, 9:48 pm

vincemunday wrote:
January 13, 2021, 9:20 pm
Udon Map wrote:
January 13, 2021, 9:01 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
Of course the vaccine immunises a person against infection, I’ll put this link up again, perhaps he’ll read it this time instead of making silly comments.

One of the big unknowns with the COVID-19 vaccine is for how long the immunity lasts. From what I read, it appears that we won't know that for a while.

I'd stay away from the Chinese vaccine, at least for now. Preliminary results are mixed, but one set of data shows it as being ~60% effective.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 13, 2021, 10:29 pm

Dm and the lovely Dao (managed not to strangle her) are back in Udon after a road trip to Bkk .. henceforth i can confirm from first hand experience that with the correct paperwork and the Morchana app installed it is possible.

Quite a lot happened on the trip with regard to en route police road blocks for covid temp checks , questioning and phone app checks to make sure it was not only installed but active .. also we were advised NOT to dine in restaurants or use a hotel if at all possible as if that place is linked to an infection then you will be notified via the app and directly to report for screening etc . (we did not use either)

The app does tell you if you are in a risk area , the area of Bkk we went was low risk... also it does track your phone number ID ..when activated - bluetoothed.

PTT stations , 7/11 , BK Drive thru .. no mask no entry and have to sign in everywhere.

We have to report to Udon health department for a check up within 48 hours of returning to Udon.

So Udon city Hall ok to travel docs and install the app and your good to go...IF ESSENTIAL .

DM

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » January 14, 2021, 7:18 am

Thanks for that DM. Good info to keep us up to date on current affairs.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 14, 2021, 7:38 am

To many unknowns for me to be a guinea pig, there's a few here willing so good, I will wait.

https://qz.com/1954762/can-you-spread-c ... e-vaccine/

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 14, 2021, 7:47 am

mak wrote:
January 14, 2021, 7:18 am
Thanks for that DM. Good info to keep us up to date on current affairs.
no problem .. a bit more info.

Bangkok is not a total red zone , only areas neighboring the coastal provinces to the South of the city.. seems to be confusion on this

Other than the temp check points etc it was a pretty routine trip , its worth bearing in mind the rules n regs could change for better or worse at any time as infections surge or decrease in certain areas... we are planning another sortie to the capital later this month ,

Getting the ok via city hall was easy due to our business activities .. im guessing going to uncle Sombats birthday bash in Bangers may be classed as non essential .

We did not come directly back to Udon , checking ahead with the relevant provincial authorities we were allowed to carry out our business activities on a non stop basis without a problem tho in Buriram because we briefly called in at our house there we had to report and sign to the village Pooyaiban n check temps etc.

DM

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » January 14, 2021, 8:15 am

fatbob wrote:
January 14, 2021, 7:38 am
To many unknowns for me to be a guinea pig, there's a few here willing so good, I will wait.

https://qz.com/1954762/can-you-spread-c ... e-vaccine/
Don't sweat it Bob , by the time its available to us there will be plenty of guinea pigs tried it first.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 14, 2021, 9:21 am

vincemunday wrote:
January 13, 2021, 1:14 pm

BUILDING IMMUNITY

Not really convinced Vince (sorry). My parents used to get an annual flu jab in the UK from the age of 65 to their passing away at 86 and 91. Surely in that time they would have built immunity to the flu bug (its another Corona Virus after all) I sincerely hope that this Covid-19 bug will not require an annual jab for the over 65's but only time will tell.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 14, 2021, 11:49 am

BREAKING: Two additional deaths today. Bringing the total to 69. Details to follow.

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Thursday:
👉 From 15 December to 14 January 👈
🔸7,025 people infected (+12 imported cases & +259 local cases)
🔸3,720 discharged from hospital (+717)
🔸3,296 people in care
🔸9 dead (+2)

Grand Total: 11,262 people infected and 69 deaths

Many thanks to Richard Barrow in Thailand
Attachments
FB_IMG_1610599665740.jpg

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 14, 2021, 11:54 am

AlexO wrote:
January 14, 2021, 9:21 am
vincemunday wrote:
January 13, 2021, 1:14 pm

BUILDING IMMUNITY

Not really convinced Vince (sorry). My parents used to get an annual flu jab in the UK from the age of 65 to their passing away at 86 and 91. Surely in that time they would have built immunity to the flu bug (its another Corona Virus after all) I sincerely hope that this Covid-19 bug will not require an annual jab for the over 65's but only time will tell.
Immunity doesn't mean you can't get it full stop, it just means it will help you resist it, unfortunately the way this virus mutates, we now have a third (Brazilian) strain I think there's every possibility that an annual jab will be required, in fact I'll be surprised more if it isn't. More food for thought for the flat earth brigade.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » January 14, 2021, 12:09 pm

Of course there will be an annual jab. How will the big pharmacy mobs get there money back.
Flu shot yearly with the most recent strains built in.
My vaccination book is full of repeat shots, it’s a business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”