Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 26, 2020, 11:30 am

Yes i agree mak ..

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 26, 2020, 11:45 am

Now infections in Chai Nat only just over 300 kms from Udon as the crow flies, moving inexorably Northwards .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 26, 2020, 11:53 am

On my essential travels last week i did notice the roads were very busy .. im guessing many in Bkk have already left or will be leaving Bkk this weekend to go back to their Isan homes and families, IMO the PM should have imposed a strict lock down from the 15th and including the NY holiday period... the country will pay the price for allowing mass transit and its back to square one and an even worse situation.

OMHO some may disagree ..

DM

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 26, 2020, 12:08 pm

tamada wrote:
December 26, 2020, 8:42 am

At the risk of encouraging pedantry, I was basing my one month window from the abc.com article I linked to earlier that was published 24 December.
Almost all reporting is based on data from around 2 weeks prior, and earlier, to the publication date. Live data is subject to revision so extremely unlikely to be relied on by professionals.

An excellent source of information is Dr Campbell ( a Senior Lecturer in Nursing studies at the University of Cumbria) who is collating reports from medical agencies throughout the world and he publishes the sources in his updates

This is an example from 2 weeks ago detailing the rises in the states.

Also (though not related to thanksgiving) by the middle of November the percentage of diagnosed cases being admitted to hospital in the US was drastically cut from an average of 3.5% to 2.5% with those who would have been treated before being sent home, often due to staffing issues. So as I mentioned it’s becoming more difficult to get hospital treatment, this trend is not going to reverse soon.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 26, 2020, 12:27 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
December 26, 2020, 12:08 pm

Almost all reporting is based on data from around 2 weeks prior, and earlier, to the publication date. Live data is subject to revision so extremely unlikely to be relied on by professionals.
Two week old data? The 'breaking news' is fourteen days old? The daily statistics of government health authorities are only valid +/- 14 days?

So "right now" as stated by a qualified American health professional actually means two weeks ago because you say so? Maybe the worldometers graphs should have a comment added 'Please note these statistics were accurate about two weeks ago."

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » December 26, 2020, 12:48 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 26, 2020, 11:53 am
On my essential travels last week i did notice the roads were very busy .. im guessing many in Bkk have already left or will be leaving Bkk this weekend to go back to their Isan homes and families, IMO the PM should have imposed a strict lock down from the 15th and including the NY holiday period... the country will pay the price for allowing mass transit and its back to square one and an even worse situation.

DM
I agree.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » December 26, 2020, 4:53 pm

AlexO wrote:
December 24, 2020, 5:59 pm
dragonz wrote:
December 24, 2020, 8:05 am
A few months ago when i was sick i posted i was unable to get a covid test as the doctor said " no test no covid " and was giving a line of patients with symptoms useless pills and i was attacked for the post by the usual suspects.
In the last 4 months 5 of my neighbours have died . 3 of them were sick including an english guy (was told he had liver problems ). there were no autopsies and when i ask my wife why they died she said the died as they were sick but does not know what sickness . The guy next door to me died last week was an alcoholic but still no real cause of death he was 57 yrs old . The guy opposite me died a few months ago . He was a healthy looking man 46 yrs old but was never told why he died until this morning . He developed a chest infection and a bad chest , was coughing all the time . when he died was about 200 people daily for a week at his house no masks.
I am trying to find out how many people died in the village in the last 6 months but no records but with the ones my wife knows the number is very high .
The point is nobody knows how many covid infections or deaths there are in thailand as there are very few tests (none in the villages ) and no autopsies so perhaps there are very few but there could be a massive amount
No increase in the amount of cremations at the local Wat's would give an indication. No secrets in the villages, only usual 'sick long time' and traffic deaths here as normal. The guy opposite you that died and you never knew until this morning, what was the cause of his demise???
Just what i said . i chat to his mother as nobody seemed to know as he was a healthy guy .His mother just said he had a chest infection and a bad cough and died . I never knew he was sick until he died but there are a lot more people dying than usual as i hear the firecrackers go off a few times a week. 5 neighbours in last few months sem odd as no other nnear neighbour has did in last 10 years but may be nothing

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 26, 2020, 6:42 pm

tamada wrote:
December 26, 2020, 12:27 pm

So "right now" as stated by a qualified American health professional actually means two weeks ago because you say so? Maybe the worldometers graphs should have a comment added 'Please note these statistics were accurate about two weeks ago."
So according to you the incubation period has now increased from the WHO information of an average of 5-6 days with a usual maximum of 14 days to over 21 days and the large increase showing from the 6th of December and drastic increase from a week to two weeks later has nothing to do with the gatherings on November the 26th!!!

Your medical knowledge or interpretation of it is immense =D>
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 26, 2020, 7:13 pm

mak wrote:
December 26, 2020, 12:48 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 26, 2020, 11:53 am

DM
I agree.
Screenshot_20201223-215015_1.jpg
For the glass half empty gang

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 26, 2020, 7:26 pm

AFAIK the roads in Thailand are ALWAYS busy this time of year. This government, like all others, still advises against non-essential travel and with the drop off in bookings (note that the buses and trains aren't reporting being swamped by huge amounts of homeward bound travelers like last March/April), I think that a whole lot of people have either traveled earlier or deferred from participating in this years festive surge in local migration. Localised clusters, if and when they arise, will be addressed by the provincial authorities who have a track record of getting it right.

In the meantime, Thailand's robust and fast track, test and then trace system hasn't failed them yet but per STWW's "sage" advice, please allow at least two weeks for the data to confirm this.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 26, 2020, 9:36 pm

Amphur Meuang Rayong slips into the red zone from Monday. Looks like an illegal gambling den cluster is making it hard to track and trace.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -pathom-13

My mate who has a holiday home in Rayong heard unconfirmed reports of cases being hospitalized in Chantaburi and Klang.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 27, 2020, 7:45 am

Doomed or not remains to be seen Tam .... the thought of thousands of people moving from RED infected zones all over the country to provinces that are green or yellow must raise alarm bells regardless of the governments and local authorities past record of track n trace.. it is sheer folly to imagine otherwise but my earlier point still stands .. many have already traveled and are traveling this weekend as i type .... plus the last minute rush from tomorrow n early next week.

I hope im wrong but we will see more RED zones due to NY mass transit... then IMO a full nationwide lock down will become real for sure.

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 28, 2020, 7:22 pm

For those that still insist its "just a cold" a word from Greg Norman....

https://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/55459120

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 29, 2020, 7:00 am

Partygoers busted congregating en masse at a beach could see their visas torn up for threatening public safety.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 29, 2020, 9:45 am

noosard wrote:
December 29, 2020, 7:00 am
Partygoers busted congregating en masse at a beach could see their visas torn up for threatening public safety.
Jawohl Herr Hawke!!

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/healt ... 6555b90f97

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 29, 2020, 10:11 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 27, 2020, 7:45 am
Doomed or not remains to be seen Tam .... the thought of thousands of people moving from RED infected zones all over the country to provinces that are green or yellow must raise alarm bells regardless of the governments and local authorities past record of track n trace.. it is sheer folly to imagine otherwise but my earlier point still stands .. many have already traveled and are traveling this weekend as i type .... plus the last minute rush from tomorrow n early next week.

I hope im wrong but we will see more RED zones due to NY mass transit... then IMO a full nationwide lock down will become real for sure.

DM
The PM in his latest, most direct statement on this second wave has clearly stated that Provincial and Municipal governors must take the lead and assume responsibility for enacting any restrictions needed to protect the health and safety of people within their own precincts. He already had his balloon popped last summer when he invented the "extreme" state of emergency edict for Bangkok that was repealed even before the ink dried.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 29, 2020, 10:18 am

Stricter ""entertainment venue "" rules n regs now implemented in Bkk already Tam .. but dont include thousands dispersing all over the country for NY piss up ...

Lets suck it n see as my old gran used to say !!

DM

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 29, 2020, 12:22 pm

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Tuesday:
🔸6,440 people infected (+10 imported cases & +145 local cases)
🔸4,180 discharged from hospital (+4)
🔸2,195 in “hospital”
🔸61 dead (+1)

* One new death today. 11 local cases are migrant workers #RIP

Thanks to Richard Barrow in Thailand
Attachments
FB_IMG_1609219372129.jpg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 29, 2020, 2:47 pm

Now Chonburi including fun city has been put in a higher colour closed .. all bars gogos nite clubs massage parlours soapys etc closed until 4th Jan .. restaurants ok to serve food n beverage with social distancing ..for now .

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 29, 2020, 2:55 pm

Anyone else using the MorChana app? I didn't bother last April, just signed in since i leave the phone either at home or in the truck. Just installed it as I think it may get a better workout and offer better protection than it did during the first wave.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is urging the public to use the "Mor Chana" application to track Covid-19 cases around them, government spokesman Anucha Burapachaisri said.

Mr Anucha said the application was a collaboration between state organisations and private developers, aimed at providing data to the Department of Disease Control to boost its efforts to curb the spread of the virus.

The application, launched in April, can help warn individuals who have been exposed to infected patients by using GPS and Bluetooth technology to track their location.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... re-serious

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”