Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 29, 2020, 8:35 pm

dragonz wrote:
July 29, 2020, 12:44 pm

ok being ignored is normal for me on here but i would like somebody on here who seem to know it all to explain to me how they get these figures when there is no testing ? There is no hospital outside Bangkok who can do the tests and those who can charge a lot of money even for sick people.
Not hard just explain why you think only 58 deaths when they do not test non sick people . sick people or dead people ? Where do you get your accurate info from or are you just hoping its true
There is testing, are you blind to the numbers of people in quarantine who are developing it.

There was a significant amount of testing done in the area with the diplomat and and Egyptian.

There is absolutely no point to test if nobody is developing it.

There is no testing for bubonic plague, MERS, SARS and smallpox, so by your reasoning they must be in Thailand, no?

Some people with COVID-19 will be asymptomatic but they will infect people who are not asymptomatic. If nobody is developing the disease it is not there.

There could be a good reason why you are being ignored, you seem to be demonstrating it now.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on July 29, 2020, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 29, 2020, 9:11 pm

Dragonz
You stated there was no free testing for Covid in Thailand Unfortunately there was and possibly still is

A Bangkok hospital offers free drive-through Covid-19 tests for taxi drivers
https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/bang ... xi-drivers

If you require additional info I suggest Google, call a Hospital, or an Embassy to ask your questions
Good luck

As for number I dont really care if its 58 dead or 5800 dead It is just an indication for the Bosses to go by. I cant do anything regarding it other than social distance, wear a mask , wash my hands and disinfect if around others.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 29, 2020, 10:40 pm

dragonz wrote:
July 28, 2020, 10:53 am

I was not complaining about the blood pressure just using the same one as a few hundred other people which was not cleaned between use . i did wash my arm with the cleanser before and after use .
Did not write all my symptoms so i will now just for you
started with a headache , then muscle cramps , then high temperature with diaherrea and wretching with nothing coming up which strained my stomach . then a persistent cough which hurt every time i coughed . Coughed all the time which stopped me sleeping . Every 5 minutes on the toilet which left me out of breath just walking 10 metres Ate nothing for 6 days . These symptoms were to severe for a flu or cold and at the very least needed a blood test at the hospital
Most common symptoms for covid:
fever
dry cough
tiredness
Less common symptoms:
aches and pains
sore throat
diarrhoea
conjunctivitis
headache
loss of taste or smell
a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes
The fact is not all people get all the symptoms and i had 6 of them and there were about 15 other people at the test place and all of them had fevers and most were coughing and none was tested . That was disgraceful and was obviously set up not to find any covid cases even if it meant sending people home to infect others .
do not believe that thailand wih all the chinese here have only had 58 deaths while uk with same population has had 46,000 deaths
You were right to sanitize your arm before and after testing on the sphygmomanometer although I agree that the staff should have been wiping down the cuff.

Your choice of Covid-19 symptoms includes all reported symptoms. I had most of them over a three day spell last December as well. I let it run its course at home with a bit of paracetamol for the headache. It wasn't fun but it wasn't Covid either.

Last month, my buddy in Houston volunteered to be part of fire department teams tasked with supporting the relocation of elderly suspected to have Covid from homes to hospitals. After about three weeks of that, he came down with pretty much the same as you (and I). He was sick as a dog, couldn't sleep, soaking bed clothes and was tested four times for Covid, all negative. The doctors kept saying the tests were wrong, it MUST be Covid hence another test and another -ve. Eventually he sought out a friend who was a retired surgeon who hooked him up with a doctor in a diagnostic hospital. His diagnosis was 'walking pneumonia' and he sent him home with some amoxicillin and another antibiotic. The first night he slept twelve hours straight, no sweats and woke with no cough and within three days was feeling as far from death's door as he was used to. He did lose a whole lot of weight though. He goes back to work this weekend.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 29, 2020, 10:46 pm

dragonz wrote:
July 28, 2020, 10:58 am
Dengue fever causes a high fever — 104 F degrees — and at least two of the following symptoms:
Headache.
Muscle, bone and joint pain.
Nausea.
Vomiting.
Pain behind the eyes.
Swollen glands.
Rash.
You cannot tell what is wrong with a patient just by symptoms . they just give an indication what to test for. i had 6 of the covid symptoms and all of these for dengue fever except for the rash . The doctors job is to diagnose what is wrong with a patient and you cannot do that by just blood pressure teat and talking
I've had dengue. Knocked me out for a day before I could drag my aching ass to the hospital. I told the doctor what my symptoms were and along with the vital signs and what he observed, said it was very likely dengue. The subsequent blood test confirmed it. Vitals signs and a description of the symptoms ALONG WITH WHAT THE DOCTOR OBSERVES is usually enough for them to get it right while deflecting the hypochondriacs and panic merchants.

You didn't have dengue.

Or chikungunya either.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 29, 2020, 10:50 pm

dragonz wrote:
July 28, 2020, 11:46 am

How do you know thailand have beaten the virus ?. On further looking i find there are no testing in udon thani or anywhere outside on bkk . There is no free testing anywhere in thailand even for sick people with most tests between 5000 and 1000 baht. Surprised nobody on this forum has this info . if there is no testing does not mean there is no virus . a neighbour died this week 47 yrs old . my wife said he just got sick and died . no autopsy , nobody knows why he died and i assume that is all over thailand . Its is a complete shame 58 deaths . not a chance , this link is to pricing for the tests
https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/cri ... s-testing/
There's testing in Udon Thani. I've been tested. It cost 4500 baht, results the following day.

Anyone can request a test and anyone can insist on a test. If the test is -ve, they charge you. If the test is +ve, there's no charge but you are admitted into isolated care.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 29, 2020, 11:48 pm

Don’t forget that all the old infections are still around dragonz could well have had something similar to whopping cough, though the cough would have lasted longer than he suggests his did. Unfortunately even if you got it as a kid it’s still possible to get it again in later life and it’s no laughing matter then.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 30, 2020, 11:40 am

These figures are official Thai Government numbers, no one on this forum can guarantee their validity but as always I will say that there is little benefit in any government hiding the true numbers, I believe the government are reporting what they believe to be the correct situation.

Please be careful how you answer this post, there are strict rules in place regarding how you comment on the Thai government.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 30, 2020, 11:45 am

‪Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Thursday:‬
🔸3,304 people infected (+6)‬
🔸3,111 discharged from hospital (+0)‬
🔸135 in hospital ‬
🔸58 dead (+0)‬

‪The 6 new cases are Thais in state quarantine who returned from Egypt (4) and Saudi Arabia (2). The one yesterday was from US.‬
Attachments
7EB1BCD5-2A38-4334-AF06-9ED72E5AA739.jpeg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 30, 2020, 12:29 pm

I was also sick at one point in time some years ago

Constant pain in the Posterior area
Again constant ringing in the ears (not just one but both)
Yes, Tiredness
Headaches
Muscle, bone and joint pain.
Nausea.
Vomiting
Lasting not just weeks or months but YEARS

No need for Pharmacies or Doctors a Good Lawyer helped
Pain and everything disappeared within months
Presto good as new

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » July 30, 2020, 12:48 pm

tamada wrote:
July 29, 2020, 10:50 pm
dragonz wrote:

How do you know thailand have beaten the virus ?. On further looking i find there are no testing in udon thani or anywhere outside on bkk . There is no free testing anywhere in thailand even for sick people with most tests between 5000 and 1000 baht. Surprised nobody on this forum has this info . if there is no testing does not mean there is no virus . a neighbour died this week 47 yrs old . my wife said he just got sick and died . no autopsy , nobody knows why he died and i assume that is all over thailand . Its is a complete shame 58 deaths . not a chance , this link is to pricing for the tests
There's testing in Udon Thani. I've been tested. It cost 4500 baht, results the following day.

Anyone can request a test and anyone can insist on a test. If the test is -ve, they charge you. If the test is +ve, there's no charge but you are admitted into isolated care.
This is what is laughable. What about you catch it the next day ?You can get tested in udon . not sure about what u did but aek will test you quoted me 4800 baht but the sample gets sent to bkk not tested in udon as there are no facilities for testing. That is what aek told me.
The stupidity is why get tested and pay ? If you have the desease there is no cure . I wanted to get tested so if i was pos i would isolate myself and not pass it on . By not testing without payment they are condemning a lot of people to death
What i am saying in a country with no free testing of even sick or even dead people and with no restriction in issan on social gathering , The guy who died had about 200/300 people a day at his house for a week , no masks etc , no wearing of masks except in shops , the massive chinese population the figures are a joke . It is not recognised by even the ---- WHO as being a low risk country as is taiwan japan and singapore etc because nobody believes them .
They are telling big lies as they do not give a dam about their population .The fact is they should be testing all sick people free of charge
Just do not believe them and stay safe

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 31, 2020, 11:12 am

dragonz wrote:
July 30, 2020, 12:48 pm
tamada wrote:
July 29, 2020, 10:50 pm
dragonz wrote:

This is what is laughable. What about you catch it the next day ?You can get tested in udon . not sure about what u did but aek will test you quoted me 4800 baht but the sample gets sent to bkk not tested in udon as there are no facilities for testing. That is what aek told me.
The stupidity is why get tested and pay ? If you have the desease there is no cure . I wanted to get tested so if i was pos i would isolate myself and not pass it on . By not testing without payment they are condemning a lot of people to death
What i am saying in a country with no free testing of even sick or even dead people and with no restriction in issan on social gathering , The guy who died had about 200/300 people a day at his house for a week , no masks etc , no wearing of masks except in shops , the massive chinese population the figures are a joke . It is not recognised by even the **** WHO as being a low risk country as is taiwan japan and singapore etc because nobody believes them .
They are telling big lies as they do not give a dam about their population .The fact is they should be testing all sick people free of charge
Just do not believe them and stay safe
I may be wrong but beyond the screening of some arriving passengers at airports, I think there are very few places globally doing testing with same-day results. Even less are doing it for free mainly because it's a test and not prophylaxis and as you pointed out, you can get infected the same day you get your -ve result (that was based on being Covid-free the previous day). Testing is needed when there's a cluster to define the extents of that cluster and shutting it down. Testing is needed when people are traveling between countries be it repatriation or essential travel. Broadly testing a whole nation in-situ based on some people having some of the symptoms some of the time is a huge waste of resources.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 31, 2020, 1:39 pm

‪Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Friday:‬
🔸3,310 people infected (+6)‬
🔸3,125 discharged from hospital (+14)‬
🔸127 still in hospital ‬
🔸58 dead (+0)‬

‪The 6 new cases are Thais in state quarantine who returned from Egypt (5) and Netherlands (1). ‬
Attachments
FB_IMG_1596177546398.jpg

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 31, 2020, 2:40 pm

English Weekly Version on Covid July 31 Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1--cKpv ... dB1Y4qh_W8

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 31, 2020, 2:41 pm

English Weekly Version on Covid July 31 Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/vi ... 569175827/

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 31, 2020, 5:54 pm

Vietnam has it's first Covid-19 death, a 70 year-old who was an early victim of the recent outbreak in Danang.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/as ... g-12979308

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 31, 2020, 5:58 pm

HANOI: Vietnam, virus-free for months, is bracing for another wave of COVID-19 infections on Wednesday (Jul 29) after state media reported new cases in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and the Central Highlands linked to a recent outbreak in the central city of Danang.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/as ... e-12972360

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 1, 2020, 2:32 pm

‪Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Saturday:‬
🔸3,312 people infected (+2)‬
🔸3,135 discharged from hospital (+10)‬
🔸119 still in hospital ‬
🔸58 dead (+0)‬

‪The 2 new cases are Thais in state quarantine who returned from Serbia (1) and Denmark (1)‬
Attachments
FB_IMG_1596267025997.jpg

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 2, 2020, 7:53 pm

‪Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Sunday:‬
🔸3,317 people infected (+5)‬
🔸3,142 discharged from hospital (+7)‬
🔸117 in hospital ‬
🔸58 dead (+0)‬

‪The 5 new cases are Thais in state quarantine who returned from Russia, Indonesia, Bahrain, Germany and Japan‬
Attachments
FB_IMG_1596372755714.jpg

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 3, 2020, 12:55 pm

‪Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Monday:‬
🔸3,320 people infected (+3)‬
🔸3,142 discharged from hospital (+0)‬
🔸120 in hospital ‬
🔸58 dead (+0)‬

‪The 3 new cases are Thais in state quarantine who returned from UAE (2) and India (1). ‬
Attachments
FB_IMG_1596434018461.jpg

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 4, 2020, 6:02 am

I can't believe they started up cruises again , and even more unbelievable is that anyone would be dumb enough to even get on a Cruise ship. Is there something wrong with people ? Has the worlds dumb down program gone too far. The search for intelligent life on earth continues.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”