Border and bar closings

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Border and bar closings

Post by vincemunday » May 3, 2020, 5:12 pm

8am until 5pm, no the faffing was as follows -

Join car queue to get in and an official looking chap holds up his hand and another comes up to the window and asks "what have you come for?" We respond "lagging" we are told officially "okay go that way" which is the only bleeding way you can go anyway. After parking there you go to the seating area whereupon you play musical chairs until you get to the signature desk, why there's a signature desk I'll never know, perhaps so they can trace you later if there's an outbreak? Then you go for a temperature check, I pass but Fa fails and she's told to go to an waiting area whereupon she's asked why she's there, she explains and they tell her to go in anyway, no recheck. Once you're inside it's packed out, no social distancing, some staff with no masks, the tills are carnage, but, I still got my lagging

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 3, 2020, 5:24 pm

Interesting the differences around here.
I went to Thai Watsadu in NBLP yesterday.
Open, temperature check and in.

Hardly anyone there

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 3, 2020, 5:41 pm

Mick it was bloody stupid, if it was all sorted inside then fair play but once you're through the door it's as per normal if not worse.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 3, 2020, 5:45 pm

mickojak wrote:
May 3, 2020, 5:24 pm
Interesting the differences around here.
I went to Thai Watsadu in NBLP yesterday.
Open, temperature check and in.

Hardly anyone there
Less falang reside in NBLP thus the natives are not as badly influenced as nearby Udon ..

HEY ..... maybe an expat cull in good old Udon keep the numbers down so not to teach the locals bad driving , showering , shopping and drinking habits ??? less falang influence will raise the quality of life for Thai citizens..

clouded over and a few spots of rain .. looks like my 2am rain dance did the trick !!! tho it has made the road surface slayp and as scary as a kilt wearing Scotsman in a wind tunnel.

20 plus strong big biker gang with huge choppers just roared thru the junction of love , tho must say traffic otherwise has calmed down as most appear to be at home smashing into their newly acquired booze stocks !!

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 3, 2020, 7:35 pm

vincemunday wrote:
May 3, 2020, 5:41 pm
Mick it was bloody stupid, if it was all sorted inside then fair play but once you're through the door it's as per normal if not worse.
Vince,
I went to to Thai Watsadu in Nong Bua Lamphu.
Don't think that was where you were?

Sorry for the confusion.
Mick

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 3, 2020, 8:08 pm

No I was in the one in Udon, I read where you were, I was highlighting the difference.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 3, 2020, 8:10 pm

vincemunday wrote:
May 3, 2020, 8:08 pm
I was highlighting the difference.
Yeah,
It never ceases to amaze me, but TIT :lol:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 3, 2020, 9:18 pm

As promised, did my non-essential eastside beer recce just after 5 PM. Big C Phosri had ample stocks of the usual but were out of packs of Archa so I got a dozen loose tinnies for Yai. That's her tipple... served warm, old-school Isaan. Popped into Makro and their paletized beer repository was easily down to 30% but with loads of Heineken still untouched whereas the westsiders cleaned out their Heineken stock on the morning shuftie.

Got some Japanese cheesecake, grapefruit soda, choc chip cookies, coffee beans, croissants and a sliced loaf to make sure I wasn't nailed by the non-essential trip police.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 3, 2020, 9:28 pm

tamada wrote:
May 3, 2020, 9:18 pm
As promised, did my non-essential eastside beer recce just after 5 PM. Big C Phosri had ample stocks of the usual but were out of packs of Archa so I got a dozen loose tinnies for Yai. That's her tipple... served warm, old-school Isaan. Popped into Makro and their paletized beer repository was easily down to 30% but with loads of Heineken still untouched whereas the westsiders cleaned out their Heineken stock on the morning shuftie.

Got some Japanese cheesecake, grapefruit soda, choc chip cookies, coffee beans, croissants and a sliced loaf to make sure I wasn't nailed by the non-essential trip police.
GOOD LAD ..now its essential you stay home until further notice ok ..

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 3, 2020, 10:13 pm

tam ya didn't do a list ............. forgot the marg & jam to go on the sliced bread ....... now that IS essential

never mind, another day tomorrow and you will be able to re stock yai's archer supply (she doesnt shower in the stuff does she?) DM will want framed pics of that :lol:

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 4, 2020, 7:51 am

I’m missing my daily reports about Udon’s most loved intersection, I actually drive the wrong way around the ring road now because I’m never really sure what’s happening there any more. Actually while I’m on the subject, the bucking bronco road surface on the way to Ban Jan is being replaced, back to the off thread, thread, it’s come to the point where I look at DM as bit of a guru and as such I appreciate his input on Udon Thani daily life and I think it’s high time we had a separate thread on his take on Udon Thani, I don’t know, something like, “Udon Life according to DM” or similar.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 4, 2020, 8:02 am

vincemunday wrote:
May 4, 2020, 7:51 am
I’m missing my daily reports about Udon’s most loved intersection, I actually drive the wrong way around the ring road now because I’m never really sure what’s happening there any more. Actually while I’m on the subject, the bucking bronco road surface on the way to Ban Jan is being replaced, back to the off thread, thread, it’s come to the point where I look at DM as bit of a guru and as such I appreciate his input on Udon Thani daily life and I think it’s high time we had a separate thread on his take on Udon Thani, I don’t know, something like, “Udon Life according to DM” or similar.
NO thanks Vince .. it would turn into a shitstorm .. and more so it would be guesswork as changes to our business and some new ideas n products dunno how long i will be based in Udon looking like a full time move elsewhere is on the cards .. Bangers by the look of it.

The intersection where dreams are made is back to normal pre C19 action tho Tam wont obviously agree , nothing new to see here so move along.

DM

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 4, 2020, 8:06 am

Like you care about shitstorms 555, shame though you’re as funny as **** and I’ll miss your input, good news about business. Thanks for the intersection update.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 4, 2020, 9:02 am

^^ tam don't give a ****, don't kid yourselves.

On your possible Bangkok relocation and new ventures, all the best for the future DM. Keeping ahead of all these rules and regs (plus the extra rules and regs for palefaces and gringo's) has seen many throw the towel in. The resilience and faith that drives you is both boundless and admirable. However, with Scunthorpe as your absolute ultimate fallback, I can appreciate the motivation.

As mother used to say, "As one door closes, anither opens."

As her mother used to say, "The village will be lookin' for anither eedjit then?"

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 4, 2020, 9:37 am

tamada wrote:
May 4, 2020, 9:02 am
^^ tam don't give a ****, don't kid yourselves.

On your possible Bangkok relocation and new ventures, all the best for the future DM. Keeping ahead of all these rules and regs (plus the extra rules and regs for palefaces and gringo's) has seen many throw the towel in. The resilience and faith that drives you is both boundless and admirable. However, with Scunthorpe as your absolute ultimate fallback, I can appreciate the motivation.

As mother used to say, "As one door closes, anither opens."

As her mother used to say, "The village will be lookin' for anither eedjit then?"
Hearing news of a few in our game chucking in the towel ... not our style ... gotta move wit the times Tam .. the "NEW NORMAL" will be upon us very soon (hopefully) and an opportunity to share office n storage space in a brand new building near Swampy airport is not to be sniffed at .. wholesale booze bizz to continue with quite a lot of new great products from UK and Spain .... and an exciting new bizz idea addition.

As much as i love Scunny not an option im considering as plenty going on here , the family house in Mijas a better option if push came to shove...

all things considered not done too bad since landing here 20 plus years ago eejit or not !!!

DM

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 4, 2020, 9:38 am

I never had Jon down as an eejit (there was me thinking that was Irish, what do I know?) I think of him more as a bloody good laugh, I've never once been in his company and failed to have a blooming good time. In addition to that I find his points of view and opinions more balanced than some, yes more than mine too and you rarely see him bully anyone other than you which to be fair is particularly easy and extremely justified. Personally I hope he keeps contributing to the forum despite his move darn sarf.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 4, 2020, 10:15 am

Orrrrrrrr thanks Vince ..im wiping away the tears as i type .. tho sure there are many more who will be pleased to see the back of me its breaks my heart :^o :lol:

Not sure about posting regularly on UM as i will be busy monitoring air traffic from my office window not the record breaking Udon RR / AP intersection... basing in Bkk massively cuts down on my traveling so just delivering direct from there all over isan means i will be at times in Udon and Buriram as well .. tho village house is being sold at the mo.

Btw (warning shameful ad approaching) ..new prods may interest you Vince , all well known names in both cans and draft keg

6 new Bitters n real Ales from UK
2 new stouts from UK
2 flavours very well know UK medium dry Cider
5 Funkin cocktails UK
4 new Wines in draft keg and single serving size from Spain
1 Sangria draft keg and 1 lit serving Spain

DM

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 4, 2020, 10:20 am

DM,
I totally forgot that you had wine in Kegs.
I'll drop in this week.
Mick

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 4, 2020, 10:27 am

mickojak wrote:
May 4, 2020, 10:20 am
DM,
I totally forgot that you had wine in Kegs.
I'll drop in this week.
Mick
Be very nice to see you ..i can show you around .............. the intersection :lol: :lol:

2 things Mick
1 . you need a bar font/tap plus associated equipment
2. sold all the stock we had in Udon end of March ready to close the bizz April n May

DM

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 4, 2020, 10:34 am

So, Udon Tap will be no more?

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”