Border and bar closings

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Border and bar closings

Post by pipoz4444 » March 23, 2020, 2:42 pm

I was told by a friend in Bangkok, that restrictions have now been placed on people leaving certain smaller Soi's, those Soi's that run off or lead into Soi 55 Thonglor. Locals leaving that smaller Soi must get a colored pass that then allows them to go to the Supermarket and come back to their Soi.

I was also told that at the end of Soi 55 there are additional restrictions on who can enter and or pass and Thai Police. Not exactly sure how it works at the end of the main Soi 55 :confused: :confused:

Not sure how widespread this is or if it is just selective to some Soi's

And Shopping Centers and Markets will close as of tomorrow

pipoz4444

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 23, 2020, 6:06 pm

noosard wrote:
March 22, 2020, 8:08 am
Khun Paul wrote:
March 22, 2020, 7:28 am
I understand that all these so-called temporary markets are closing until next month, however I have been told, unable to check if true.
Will find tomorrow in chiang yuen as it is monday market day
Market is closed
Normal market down the road open

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Post by chopperjoey » March 23, 2020, 7:05 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 23, 2020, 12:29 pm
Social meda is awash with images of Bkk train n bus stations packed with people wanting to travel to their home towns .. can anyone tell me the point of closing all that has been forced to close to avoid large gatherings then this occurs .. surely the government must have thought this through ..???? the next thing will be mass cases all over the country stemming from this head shaking action.

Whats more on the ground in Udon , i have just been into town and its basically business as usual with regard to the small Thai restaurants n coffee shops etc etc .. all very very busy ..Beyond coffee place was rammed ...again please enlighten me as to the difference in a gathering at a pub bar restaurant or a coffee shop , Noodle shop etc

You cannot make this sh8t up .

DM
oh stuff it the Eternal Cynical Negative attitude.

Fyi its a unique and difficult and challenging and uncertain sitution. The ppl who are in charge have to make dificult and far reaching decisions. All countries globally are scrambling to deal with covid.
Its good to see that all Thais seem to be so positive and simply go withthe flow with a positive attitide.
Plz try to be more positive instead of your smallminded negativity.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 23, 2020, 7:30 pm

How can one be constructive when being called Small minded rather than just saying not to post negativity.
Once again your concern is valid but yor presentation , well leaves something to be desired.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 23, 2020, 7:39 pm

chopperjoey wrote:
March 23, 2020, 7:05 pm
Fyi its a unique and difficult and challenging and uncertain sitution. The ppl who are in charge have to make dificult and far reaching decisions. All countries globally are scrambling to deal with covid.
Its good to see that all Thais seem to be so positive and simply go withthe flow with a positive attitide.
Hallelujah!

It's always good to read positive on UM. =D>

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 23, 2020, 8:23 pm

chopperjoey wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 23, 2020, 12:29 pm
Social meda is awash with images of Bkk train n bus stations packed with people wanting to travel to their home towns .. can anyone tell me the point of closing all that has been forced to close to avoid large gatherings then this occurs .. surely the government must have thought this through ..???? the next thing will be mass cases all over the country stemming from this head shaking action.

Whats more on the ground in Udon , i have just been into town and its basically business as usual with regard to the small Thai restaurants n coffee shops etc etc .. all very very busy ..Beyond coffee place was rammed ...again please enlighten me as to the difference in a gathering at a pub bar restaurant or a coffee shop , Noodle shop etc

You cannot make this sh8t up .

DM
oh stuff it the Eternal Cynical Negative attitude.

As is my prerogative i totally disagree with your assessment of what i posted ..

Firstly not unique ... secondly YES there are difficult decisions to be made by the powers that be BUT IMO to close various venues to stop the gathering of large amounts of people is / was the right thing to do HOWEVER did the same powers not comprehend that the thousands of un screened workers from these venues would disperse all over the country this was sheer folly.... negative small minded or not i think it will prove to be a catalyst for mass cases throughout the nation.

read saints post earlier ..he may have a point.
jackspratt wrote:
March 23, 2020, 7:39 pm
chopperjoey wrote:
Hallelujah!

It's always good to read positive on UM. =D>
Just because its positive doesnt mean its right and we all have to agree .. only history will decide if the governments actions proved to be positive or negative ... and tell that to the family of a lost loved one who caight the virus from someone returning from Bkk on mass transit.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 23, 2020, 8:30 pm

noosard wrote:
March 23, 2020, 6:06 pm
noosard wrote:
March 22, 2020, 8:08 am
Khun Paul wrote:
March 22, 2020, 7:28 am
I understand that all these so-called temporary markets are closing until next month, however I have been told, unable to check if true.
Will find tomorrow in chiang yuen as it is monday market day
Market is closed
Normal market down the road open
Drove past where Nong Han Monday night market is held this evening, totally deserted. There are going to be lots of people in financial trouble before long.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 23, 2020, 8:34 pm

hilarious, doodoo complaining about negativity
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 23, 2020, 8:44 pm

Dont start

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 23, 2020, 9:05 pm

Doodoo wrote:
March 23, 2020, 8:44 pm
Dont start
hoisted on your own petard
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 23, 2020, 9:34 pm

Learnt something Definition of Petard

whoopie you are good for somethings sometimes
Thanks

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 23, 2020, 10:34 pm

We drove past a couple of branches of Beyond cafe today and they’re still open serving drinks and food, how are they different to any other bar/restaurant?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » March 24, 2020, 4:44 am

vincemunday wrote:
March 23, 2020, 10:34 pm
We drove past a couple of branches of Beyond cafe today and they’re still open serving drinks and food, how are they different to any other bar/restaurant?
Maybe theyve just woken up and havent smelt the coffee yet . :lol:
Or maybe they have bigger brown envelopes . :roll:

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 24, 2020, 6:13 am

Wowwwww! Who’d have thought this was remotely possible?

https://www.bangkokpost.com/vdo/thailan ... in-bangkok
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 24, 2020, 9:49 am

I have just been told by my cleaner, BIG C and Thai Siri Mkt ( Sakon Nahkon Rd ) , closed tomorrow for `14 days .

Fopr info , but I understand 7-11 and Mini Tescos Mini Big C are open as normal , but check

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » March 24, 2020, 10:14 am

vincemunday wrote:
The new one in Posri (opposite museum)is take away only,if you saw people sitting outside they’re waiting for their order

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 24, 2020, 10:54 am

Drove from.Udon to Buriram.ladt night
Left 9pm.arrived 30 after midnight ..very quiet on the roads , wasnt stopped at any time and saw one highway pull..over n check being set up.between udon n Kk .. the army were on.the scene setting it up not the police .

Tbis morning i reported tonthe pooyaiban village head man who had been informed anyone returning to.the village must report to.him...he asked me if inwas feelin ok.n left .
Hearing quite a few workers from.Bkk n Chonvuri have appeared in local.villages and told to.staty at home by the head man .. ?? Will.they tho.??

Dm.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 24, 2020, 11:00 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 24, 2020, 10:54 am
Drove from.Udon to Buriram.ladt night
Left 9pm.arrived 30 after midnight ..very quiet on the roads , wasnt stopped at any time and saw one highway pull..over n check being set up.between udon n Kk .. the army were on.the scene setting it up not the police .

Tbis morning i reported tonthe pooyaiban village head man who had been informed anyone returning to.the village must report to.him...he asked me if inwas feelin ok.n left .
Hearing quite a few workers from.Bkk n Chonvuri have appeared in local.villages and told to.staty at home by the head man .. ?? Will.they tho.??

Dm.
Are you planning staying there then?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 24, 2020, 11:02 am

vincemunday wrote:
Maybe they're practicing the Starbucks global policy of doing takeaway only?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 24, 2020, 11:09 am

Whistler wrote:
March 23, 2020, 8:34 pm
hilarious, doodoo complaining about negativity
predictable, Whistler taking a pop at doodoo

now, where's mine?

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”