Border and bar closings

tammakhun
udonmap.com

Re: Border and bar closings

Post by tammakhun » March 18, 2020, 4:01 pm

Bars in Udon are being notified right now to close. Day and Night bars were handed out a notice to close and were given a 50% discount on rent.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 18, 2020, 4:30 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 18, 2020, 9:01 am
Just checking and strangely it appears the major shopping malls like Central are allowed to remain open .. wonder if night markets and similar come under the closures , really cloudy area as to what n where is closed or allowed to operate.

DM
In Bkk and Pattaya it appears the criteria for closing PUBS BARS ETC is they are ok if they hold a food license as well as an alcohol license .. therefore a combined restaurant pub , bar etc is ok.

Beer bars , gogos night clubs etc are toast.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 19, 2020, 6:22 am

Looks like they’re closing all Pattaya bars, including those with food, the Tropical bar owned by Bert Elson has been told to shut, not sure if this pertains to Thai owned bars as well though.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 19, 2020, 8:26 am

tammakhun wrote:
March 18, 2020, 4:01 pm
Bars in Udon are being notified right now to close. Day and Night bars were handed out a notice to close and were given a 50% discount on rent.
Nice of them ,one bar owner I know has to renew his key money next month, 162,000b. For a bar he can't open , food outlets ok but if they restrict groups of more than 5 then your up poo creek
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 19, 2020, 8:41 am

vincemunday wrote:
March 19, 2020, 6:22 am
Looks like they’re closing all Pattaya bars, including those with food, the Tropical bar owned by Bert Elson has been told to shut, not sure if this pertains to Thai owned bars as well though.
Just checked with a couple of mates in "" fun city "" and they are open as normal .. they own combined pub restaurant venues with a food license as their main license when they reg the bizz .

The licenses are split in to categories not food and alcoholic beverage combined ,

A license to sell food to which you need a health n hygiene cert ie restaurants usually use this as their main license with most venues adding an alcohol license which again is split into local and imported beverages n spirits ,..so a pub or bar can be a restaurant and vice versa depending on which is the main license and business main function which is on the DBD documents when registering the business.

Could be a lot of health n hygiene checks coming so important any place staying open and dealing with food is properly registered , licensed and certificated
In our CC days we had a visit from the health department at both the first Adunyadhet rd and second Nong Sim shops
and It cost 3500 back then for a heath n hygiene cert .. also health n safety in the work place was another check and cert required .

Obviously gogos dont have a food license .. theres only one dish on the menu n thats sausage with hairy pie !!!!

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 19, 2020, 2:40 pm

So let me get this straight, if you have a food/drink establishment and your main license is food you are obviously less likely to suffer with covid19 than the guy next door who has a food/drink establishment who's main license is for drink.

You REALLY couldn't make this sh*t up could you

PS not sure what type of gogos you are frequenting DM but sausages are strictly off the menu at the ones ive been to

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » March 19, 2020, 4:13 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
March 19, 2020, 2:40 pm
So let me get this straight, if you have a food/drink establishment and your main license is food you are obviously less likely to suffer with covid19 than the guy next door who has a food/drink establishment who's main license is for drink.

PS not sure what type of gogos you are frequenting DM but sausages are strictly off the menu at the ones ive been to
Thats exactly what they do Statts . Make it up as they go along . No idea what they are doing , but want to be seen to be doing something . :-"

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 19, 2020, 4:43 pm

Dont know about been seen but love being heard

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 19, 2020, 4:57 pm

Just went to have a beer and watch the NRL footy in Soi Sampan.
They have been closed from about 4 by order of coppers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 21, 2020, 2:53 pm

I understand that the only places that are allowed to open on Soi Sampan are the ones with a restaurant license. Bars and massage shops are shuttered from 18th until the 30th (according to a notice on one businesses shutters).

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 21, 2020, 3:59 pm

saint wrote:
March 19, 2020, 4:13 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
March 19, 2020, 2:40 pm

Thats exactly what they do Statts . Make it up as they go along . No idea what they are doing , but want to be seen to be doing something . :-"
Can sort of half see the logic in the ruling. We as falang's tend to equate bars selling food as main income source the same as bars selling booze as the main income source but with a side line. What about street food outlets and similar who's sole income is from selling food and who a whole plethora of Thai society depend on for their only means of eating exists. I fail to see where a food/bar outlet is less of a contagion risk than a bar/food outlet is but, maybe, just maybe there is a Thai logic in the ruling that keeps Thai's able to eat and survive. Only time will tell.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 22, 2020, 12:42 am

^ So what's the logic in closing massage shops but not beauty salons? I'm not talking about hand-shandy, happy-ending style massage shops either.

I think a better option is for restaurants to offer take-away only with no dine-in options LIKE THE REST OF THE SENSIBLE WORLD IS BELATEDLY DOING.

(didn't mean to shout)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 22, 2020, 7:28 am

I understand that all these so-called temporary markets are closing until next month, however I have been told, unable to check if true.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » March 22, 2020, 7:51 am

Just read on another forum that the Irish Clock has been ordered to close .
Anyone know if this is true , and if so are all the restaurants in Udon going to have to close as well ?
If so , an absolute nightmare for those concerned , but as T I T it could be just our dirty falang establishments that are being singled out .
Why are the government not informing the general public how serious this virus really is .
Why are they still shuffling their feet , and wandering around in the dark .
I truly hope their ineptitude does not cause more deaths , because the health service here will certainly not cope with a situation like Italys .

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 22, 2020, 8:08 am

Khun Paul wrote:
March 22, 2020, 7:28 am
I understand that all these so-called temporary markets are closing until next month, however I have been told, unable to check if true.
Will find tomorrow in chiang yuen as it is monday market day

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 22, 2020, 8:12 am

saint wrote:
March 22, 2020, 7:51 am
Anyone know if this is true , and if so are all the restaurants in Udon going to have to close as well ?
If so , an absolute nightmare for those concerned , but as T I T it could be just our dirty falang establishments that are being singled out .
Why are the government not informing the general public how serious this virus really is .
I truly hope their ineptitude does not cause more deaths , because the health service here will certainly not cope with a situation like Italys .
Didnt go into town center but had a ride round the ring rd and all restaurants were open , ended up in my fav (Thai owned) Accoustic as close to office..
Full food menu ,
3 tables had customers ,
no live music
all staff wearing masks and
alcohol hand santizer supplied on entry...

met friend ate n drank closed at 10pm which is slightly earlier than normal.

DM

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 22, 2020, 8:23 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 22, 2020, 8:12 am
saint wrote:
March 22, 2020, 7:51 am
Didnt go into town center but had a ride round the ring rd and all restaurants were open , ended up in my fav (Thai owned) Accoustic as close to office..
Full food menu ,
3 tables had customers ,
no live music
all staff wearing masks and
alcohol hand santizer supplied on entry...

met friend ate n drank closed at 10pm which is slightly earlier than normal.

DM
Fred announced on Facebook that they have been told to close
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 22, 2020, 8:37 am

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavi ... spartandhp
Don't think the Thai Government are just targeting falang's Saint. How many falang's own shopping malls in Bangkok. Have read the above article (hope the link works) by an American newspaper of all things. It shows just what a few days delay in bring in the fairly draconian measures needed to prevent a disaster. It is using Italy as an example who have an unmitigated human disaster loaming inside their borders but are beginning to look like Olympic class sprinters compared to some Governments in the SEA region. I really fear for Thailand now that the Government has shut down all of what it see's as high risk facilities but at the same time allowed all the workers in these closed down facilities to bomb burst back to their home regions. So while at present we have Bangkok as the epicenter of the virus in Thailand what's it going to look like in the next two weeks? Never mind some people still believe that temperatures over 27oC kills the virus so we will be Ok in Udon. Cream cheese, the Moon and made, all in one sentence comes to mind.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 22, 2020, 10:25 am

AlexO wrote:
March 22, 2020, 8:37 am
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavi ... spartandhp
Don't think the Thai Government are just targeting falang's Saint. How many falang's own shopping malls in Bangkok. Have read the above article (hope the link works) by an American newspaper of all things. It shows just what a few days delay in bring in the fairly draconian measures needed to prevent a disaster. It is using Italy as an example who have an unmitigated human disaster loaming inside their borders but are beginning to look like Olympic class sprinters compared to some Governments in the SEA region. I really fear for Thailand now that the Government has shut down all of what it see's as high risk facilities but at the same time allowed all the workers in these closed down facilities to bomb burst back to their home regions. So while at present we have Bangkok as the epicenter of the virus in Thailand what's it going to look like in the next two weeks? Never mind some people still believe that temperatures over 27oC kills the virus so we will be Ok in Udon. Cream cheese, the Moon and made, all in one sentence comes to mind.
Yes totally agree .. thousands of Bkk/Patts based workers traveling back to their home villages all over the country is really scary.

DM

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 22, 2020, 11:58 am

saw a Thai announcement on closures and it did include Bars, Beauty Shops, Spas, Massage places and it did say Ran Ahan (Restaurants). Mine you my Thai is basic and I've dug through my sites to try and fine the original to post but can't find it...
Dave

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”