Border and bar closings

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Border and bar closings

Post by tamada » April 25, 2020, 9:08 am

^ Past tents? Like last month maybe? I was about 200 m from the intersection at the center of the universe for about 3 hours late yesterday afternoon and there was distant thunder, some lightning, a ripple of wind and maybe 3 raindrops.

At least the foontohk is observing social distancing.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » April 25, 2020, 9:09 am

Interesting article in Thaiger especially for you Jon.

Internal flights will only be allowed to Provinces with restrictions eased off.

Buri Ram will put stickers in Passports & ID cards for anyone over 15.

If you leave the province the sticker will be removed and on return you will have to go into quarantine for 14 days.
How they will enforce it is difficult to see.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/th ... y-april-24

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 25, 2020, 11:03 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 25, 2020, 7:42 am
A lycra coated DM was out in the car park doing his Jane Fonda early pre coffee workout and saw a good owld smash at the lights of doom this morning .. 2 pick ups one of which was ignoring the red light BOSH KAZAM SPLAT ..proper mess rapidly cleared up by Batman n Robin in the form of a copper on a moped and the ambulance boys who were here in a flash smelling the hospital commission.

The cctv cams will be able to sort out who was at fault looked me like the **** coming out the airport road onto the ring road

Traffic building up now .. and the rain is making the grass go from brown to greener by the minute ..

Still borders , booze , bars , barbers and bonking is banned .. but biking ok .. hundreds of the buggars today !!

DM
Yes , but remember that the **** who caused this accident could very well of been a respected pillar of society and was hurrying to the hospital , and quit possibly be someones father , brother , son , husband or whatever . :-" :-"
Untill all the facts are known , best not judge him too harshly . :-$
Oh as a side note . the roads would be very slippery this morning after last nights rain and he could very well of been colour blind , so didnt understand what a red light meant .
So best not judge him at all .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 25, 2020, 11:49 am

pal52 wrote:
April 25, 2020, 9:09 am

If you leave the province the sticker will be removed and on return you will have to go into quarantine for 14 days.

Yes i saw that Mike .. and still its as clear as mud as too how it will work out .. rang a mate in the village and he had heard nothing of these stickers and didnt know anyone there with one ... he did say one local was in 14 day quarantine after returning from Pattaya on the request of the pooyaiban plus theres a police box set up in the village which is manned by a BIB and a nurse .

So can i should i drive down using the B roads directly into my house say fook all ?? ..stay 14 days or slip out after a couple of days ..im 30kms outside the main city which is 20 mins away now the new highway fancy 4 lane is finished.

Still no clearer what to do for the best.. as it seems many are with reference to traveling to another province.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » April 25, 2020, 12:54 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 25, 2020, 11:49 am
pal52 wrote:
April 25, 2020, 9:09 am

Yes i saw that Mike .. and still its as clear as mud as too how it will work out .. rang a mate in the village and he had heard nothing of these stickers and didnt know anyone there with one ... he did say one local was in 14 day quarantine after returning from Pattaya on the request of the pooyaiban plus theres a police box set up in the village which is manned by a BIB and a nurse .

So can i should i drive down using the B roads directly into my house say fook all ?? ..stay 14 days or slip out after a couple of days ..im 30kms outside the main city which is 20 mins away now the new highway fancy 4 lane is finished.

Still no clearer what to do for the best.. as it seems many are with reference to traveling to another province.

DM
You have to get a blue sticker in Passport after May 1st.
You will not be allowed into Shops,markets & public venues without it.
To get the sticker you have to have been in Buri Ram for 14 days.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/cv19 ... ting-may-1

Just to cheer you up another story in Thaiger

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/k ... -mai-video

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 25, 2020, 2:02 pm

I just love a good knicker n underwear stealing story .. the fella certainly had been busy n had a fine stash of bras panties and G strings , maybe was gonna open up a second hand shop ??

Thanks it made me laff.

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 26, 2020, 12:35 pm

I was having a day off from my heavy load and the traffic report until Tam insisted on it ..

Even tho its a Sunday steady and constant flow of traffic , less than weekdays obviously ..lost count of all the spando clad biksters this morning zillions ov em !!.

only a light breeze but then had a small twister come over from the airport direction across the love intersection swirling al sorts of debris and ripping the syrup of Somchai the local bin dipper...except for a dog scrap outside the noodle shop all is clam now... including the traffic.

Borders , barbers , booze , bars n bonking still banned. :(

DM

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » April 26, 2020, 3:34 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 26, 2020, 12:35 pm
all is clam now... barbers
Presumably a bearded clam? :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 26, 2020, 4:05 pm

"Borders , barbers , booze , bars n bonking still banned. "

Bollox , Banter , n Bullsh*t still available

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 27, 2020, 6:49 am

Just seen this, sorry if it’s a repost but there’s so many threads now. If this is correct, bars and restaurants may well be closed until August or even longer, this would fall in line with what the beer wholesaler was hinting at the other day.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/cv19 ... g-thailand
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 27, 2020, 7:46 am

The only info im getting out of Bkk is that bars night clubs sports stadia will be 3 months minimum with restaurants pubs with food licenses , hotels , barbers and diy stores being allowed to open with restrictions and rules and regs on seting etc...that is Bkk where they are being hit hardest so may apply to the lesser infected provinces first .

From the advice of our accountant we decided to be laid up APRIL and MAY so have officially mothballed/temporally closed the business siting the pandemic , emergency decree , closures for the reasons ..no purchasing no sales of any kind so as no need to submit any VAT /TAX returns for these months. Allowing for most of our customers to HOPEFULLY re open all be it with restrictions mean we plan to activate the business again June 1st... but still expect it to be slow to start and take a while to get back to normal.

There are 2 train of thoughts ..
people will be fed up of staying home and home food deliveries they will go out more even tho restrictions in place
then theres the money factor .. most customers who went out prior to the virus , morgages and car payments will come before going out ... or they should .. so will people go out more less or not at all ..this depends on the number of people whose lively hood has been effected and to what extent ... all remains to be seen and as my old gran used to say it will come out in the wash !!

Very busy at "THREE WAYS TO HELL" JUNCTION this morning with all the usual sights n sounds of essential travel.
No lycra layered bikers today but did see 2 guys on a motorbike carrying a standard 6m length of steel a circ saw and a welding unit they were struggling but persisted.

DM

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 27, 2020, 7:54 am

Maybe they will allow food places to reopen but will they allow them to sell beer?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 27, 2020, 8:04 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 27, 2020, 7:54 am
Maybe they will allow food places to reopen but will they allow them to sell beer?
Who Knows .. with all restrictions in dining places why wouldnt they allow beer sales .. hopefully by June they will.

Good article on many food outlets have decided to close totally and not do take away as by the time the likes of Grab n Panda take their ridiculously high cut and the vendor has paid for the produce/raw materials to cook there wasnt any remaining profit to pay staff n utilities n rent etc .. its a no brainer working for nothing better to close .

DM

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 27, 2020, 8:12 am

Jon, I’ll put safe money on it that the “pro” in Yok Yai, three large beers for 200 baht will still be available when they are allowed to reopen, the good thing about it is you don’t have to drink them all, they give you a voucher for any you don’t drink for your next visit and I’ve come away with so many bottle openers and caps etc that they give you because you buy the “pro”. What’s more, I bet you won’t be able to get a table in there when in reopens, we have to book by 3pm or you don’t get in, same with bar’ista and a whole load more, that’s the difference between Thai bars and farang bars which I’m sure you already appreciate.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 27, 2020, 8:25 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 27, 2020, 8:12 am
Jon, I’ll put safe money on it that the “pro” in Yok Yai, three large beers for 200 baht will still be available when they are allowed to reopen, the good thing about it is you don’t have to drink them all, they give you a voucher for any you don’t drink for your next visit and I’ve come away with so many bottle openers and caps etc that they give you because you buy the “pro”. What’s more, I bet you won’t be able to get a table in there when in reopens, we have to book by 3pm or you don’t get in, same with bar’ista and a whole load more, that’s the difference between Thai bars and farang bars which I’m sure you already appreciate.
Certainly do and the exact reason most of our customers are Thai venues .

I partake in my Chang fests at Acoustic 200bt 3 large chang pro ..and also Lan Gai near the airport ..both i can walk to get bladdered and they give me a lift home :D .. add to that Connors and The Swamp which is opening at the front of Lan Gai when the restrictions ease ...... again walking distance .

Many falang places n soi samphan are toast IMO

DM

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 27, 2020, 8:59 am

Obviously I don't walk... i have my little Thai taxi driver who looks after samee after he's had a light ale or three bless her, there's a few farang bars that will survive, but a couple will only if they want to, they are chewing it over whether they will bother.. or not.

In a way I'm a bit sad if we lose too many bars etc, it'll be less of a reason for farang to come to Udon, some Thai might not think that is such a bad thing.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 27, 2020, 1:35 pm

I think you only have to look back at the Udonmap threads from about 12 yrs ago to realise that there were/still are? many farang who would be happy to return to having a few Western Bars/restaurants (Harrys/TJ's/City Lodge/Full Moon/night market meetups) to service their needs, if it meant that most farang would return to taking their holidays in Patters/Phuket

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » April 27, 2020, 4:29 pm

Thailand
Decree extended

The country will remain under a state of emergency until at least the end of May, with the overnight curfew and ban on social gatherings to continue, along with other restrictions.

Source Bangkok Post

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 27, 2020, 5:10 pm

We will all be tea total by the time they open the Thai borders again :-k

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 28, 2020, 2:52 am

stattointhailand wrote:
April 27, 2020, 5:10 pm
We will all be tea total by the time they open the Thai borders again :-k
Not me , I'm a prepped . Enough beer in my nuclear bunker for 10 months and I cut my own hair
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”