tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Border and bar closings

Post by tamada » April 5, 2020, 10:56 am

mak wrote:
April 5, 2020, 10:51 am
Have no fear, the army is here.
Generals.jpg
Nope... no sign of the escapees here sir.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 5, 2020, 11:28 am

Oh deep joy !!! We can all sleep a little easier in our beds tonight knowing that we are now completely safe .

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 5, 2020, 2:10 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 5, 2020, 7:20 am
saint wrote:
April 5, 2020, 5:03 am
vincemunday wrote:
April 4, 2020, 8:43 pm
They have to by international law, they’ve flown...
Theyve flown all right . Straight to their villages to spread the virus , and do not give a flying fook about anyone but themselves .
I think its what the P M refers to as Thainess . [-X [-X
I hope the PM brings down the full weight of the law on these selfish fookwits
Apparently the Government had made provision for these 152 people to self isolate in a 4* hotel in Bangkok.
Quite a cushy number compared to the rest of the population.
Anyway they are all back apart from half a dozen that the army is looking for.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 6, 2020, 8:38 am

Fair n balanced ring road reporting ..

Eerily quiet this morning ..first day ive noticed a deifinate and persistent lull in traffic .. especially between 7am to 9am

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » April 6, 2020, 10:12 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 6, 2020, 8:38 am

Eerily quiet this morning ..first day ive noticed a deifinate and persistent lull in traffic .. especially between 7am to 9am

DM
Could be due to today being a holiday

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 6, 2020, 10:23 am

pal52 wrote:
April 6, 2020, 10:12 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 6, 2020, 8:38 am

DM
Could be due to today being a holiday
I think you're right, it's Chakri day so no tessabahn etc are working.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 6, 2020, 1:41 pm

Meanwhile, back in Piccadilly Circus:
Attachments
London.jpg

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » April 6, 2020, 7:04 pm

the lull in traffic today, Monday 6 April must have been a short one. Drove down to Talad Muang Tong wholesale market close to Makro today around 10AM through fairly heavy traffic. The market was jammed full, areshole to elbow. Every parking space taken.. Business hopping... Masking at near 100%... No hand gel though.. No real social separation..
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 6, 2020, 8:30 pm

My observation from a trip to the rice mill mid-morning and the return round-trip late afternoon, it looked a lot quieter outbound towards Samphrao, inbound from NK and on the ring road (east). Typical Chakri Day I guess.

And now over to DM for our fair and balanced Udon Thani traffic update.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 6, 2020, 9:04 pm

Most posters here if not all seem to be out and about reporting on very busy places filled with people, traffic congestion etc etc.
Why are you out and about.
Is it just so you can post that you have been out and report.
Age is the killer with this disease and most of you are in the 60 plus category. Let the missus do the running about.
Just stay at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » April 6, 2020, 9:10 pm

if you need to purchase food that's why the government left the markets open... Into the market, buy the food, leave and in the car slather on the alcohol gel.
Dave

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 6, 2020, 9:15 pm

some of us are taking it seriously Barney ...... been out once (walked to local ma/pa shop) in last 3 weeks

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 6, 2020, 9:36 pm

Co operation from the population is the key .. ESSENTIAL travel only , quick trip to the nearest place to buy food stuffs and nesessitites and or a pharmacy ..other than that stay home ... this is my whole point about the ring road seeming busy as usual NOT enough people seem to be staying home and taking the governments requests seriously and just going around doing their normal things .. the same people will then whinge like fook when the 24 hr lock down comes in which it will Iat some stage IMO.

Other than to 7/11 and the vets ive been in the office since 27th March and no plans to change that n make non essential journeys.

Now 9-30 pm n still lots of vehicles racing to get where they need to be ..AT HOME

Hearing 12 people in quarantine at a designated Udon Rajabhat uni campus dormitory as of today ... not sure if returnees or other ???

As ever Tam a fair n balanced traffic report tomorrow ...

DM ..

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 7, 2020, 7:14 am

Barney wrote:
April 6, 2020, 9:04 pm
Most posters here if not all seem to be out and about reporting on very busy places filled with people, traffic congestion etc etc.
Age is the killer with this disease and most of you are in the 60 plus category. Let the missus do the running about.
Just stay at home.

It may come as some surprise to you that in fact going out to pay bills, deal with vehicle matters like re-taxing, service etc maintaining food supplies etc, do require some exiting of ones home as most of the aforementioned cannot be done via a telephone or computer. More so if you live alone !

The trick is to plan your journey so that you spend the least amount of time outside your domicile, while most Foreigners I know seem able to do that many Thai friends flit about as usual. Some follow the advice , most Foreigners follow the advice .

But when you have the Govt of the day insisting that Government offices run as normal plus other services, Water, Electric, etc, then a larger amount of people WILL have to by definition travel .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 7, 2020, 7:46 am

Khun Paul wrote:
April 7, 2020, 7:14 am
Barney wrote:
April 6, 2020, 9:04 pm
Just stay at home.

It may come as some surprise to you that in fact going out to pay bills, deal with vehicle matters like re-taxing, service etc maintaining food supplies etc, do require some exiting of ones home as most of the aforementioned cannot be done via a telephone or computer. More so if you live alone !

The trick is to plan your journey so that you spend the least amount of time outside your domicile, while most Foreigners I know seem able to do that many Thai friends flit about as usual. Some follow the advice , most Foreigners follow the advice .

But when you have the Govt of the day insisting that Government offices run as normal plus other services, Water, Electric, etc, then a larger amount of people WILL have to by definition travel .
Agree KP .

Most government offices are open but staff working from home on rotation .
Shopping / yes a quick trip near ones home.
Banking / wash hands when using ATM
Emergencies

After a lull in RR / AIRPORT intersection traffic Sunday and Monday its back to very busy again this morning .. bizz as usual so ... ESSENTIAL TRAVEL my arse !!!! too many places still remain open that should be closed iMO ... example i when to the atm took 10 mins max passed 3 coffee shops that are open with customers inside...

Being bored so going to a friends house for a somtum feed and chitchat isnt essential , as isnt a hairdo or a nail job.

Tip of the day .. dont ever say going to the temple IS NOT ESSENTIAL ..tried that ended badly :lol:

DM

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 7, 2020, 8:09 am

A lot of us dont need to go out that much . Why Jon needs to worry about a hairdo is beyond me . Paint his nails , well maybe , whatever floats your boat i suppose .
But for many Thais , they dont work , they dont eat . Its that simple .
I just wish they would learn about social distancing whilst they are out , but then again the powers that be dont exactly set an example in that regard , whether here or the USA , when you look at their press meetings , and the Thais snuggling up to make sure they get in the photo .
I went to Big C yesturday for supplies . Leave nice and early to beat the rush knowing full well it was a holiday , and they love a lie in on a holiday . or busy at the temples .
Gets there at ten to nine , only to find out it didnt open till ten for some reason .
So sat in the car for an hour , the crowds are gathering around the only entrance , no social distancing at all .
Basically standing up each others arse . All wearing masks , i suspect because if they didnt , they would not get in .
Doors open , everyone piles in , then you get the social distancing ritual to get the temp check ect .
In the shop itself , no distancing again .
The meat counters were chock a block with people , more or less climbing over each other to get what they wanted .
Thais and farangs alike . Fooking madness .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 7, 2020, 8:24 am

I do my nails at home .. not an essential trip .. so whats wrong with that ??? ..blue is all the rage at the mo DARLINGS

DM

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 7, 2020, 8:30 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 7, 2020, 8:24 am
I do my nails at home .. not an essential trip .. so whats wrong with that ??? ..blue is all the rage at the mo DARLINGS

DM
Very nice Jon , but it aint Scunny blue is it . However you will never make a painter with cutting in as bad as that !!!! :-k

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 8, 2020, 7:34 am

I ran out of Claret nail varnish .. :(

I walked the dogs just after 5 n all was quiet except for the local bin dippers trying to beat the refuge collection truck
NOW .. 7-30 am and Udons intersection under surveillance is getting busy as it has most days except for the Sunday n Chakri Monday holiday... one thing the traffic seems to be evenly busy going into Udon and out again as norm SO MUCH ESSENTIAL TRAVEL ..WALOB

The curfew officers are no more as are their bollards , last night there were a few violators on motorbikes zipping about when they shouldnt...other than that it seems even the most ardent fookwit moron has got the memo and understands the fine etc .

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 8, 2020, 7:36 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 7, 2020, 8:24 am

DM
I hope Toeses were done as well …….lol

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”