Border and bar closings

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Border and bar closings

Post by vincemunday » March 31, 2020, 1:30 pm

Well the trip to Nadee is done, I have 4 cases of beer and a wine box so I'm all good. The roads didn't seem any quieter to me, pretty much the same, Tesco's wasn't much quieter either, pretty much a regular day I'd say. All in all I'm more inclined to agree with Jon, nothing is being taken seriously here at all.

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 31, 2020, 1:33 pm

vincemunday wrote:
March 31, 2020, 1:30 pm
Well the trip to Nadee is done, I have 4 cases of beer and a wine box so I'm all good. The roads didn't seem any quieter to me, pretty much the same, Tesco's wasn't much quieter either, pretty much a regular day I'd say. All in all I'm more inclined to agree with Jon, nothing is being taken seriously here at all.
Thats my point exactly Vince ..
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 31, 2020, 7:18 pm

But the inner city is undeniably quieter and businesses mostly shuttered. Maybe, apart from the HGV's running "essentials", we are seeing NWS, Kut Chap, Nong Sa-at, Nong Sai and other Udon satellite and suburban traffic seeking "essentials" that they can't find in their locations? I am not sure if many markets are closed but since we don't see any evidence of panic buying (yet), maybe it's just the average Somchai looking for some moo hang or fresh pak xxxxx for today's dinner?

That and the perpetually argumentative Jockinese doing their social distancing bit since the penny still hasn't dropped with 60% of the gang at Castle tamada.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 31, 2020, 7:26 pm

The way things are going I'm not sure the poor sods will have the money to panic buy, what with a lot of them getting no wages and now I see the prices of essentials are expected rise markedly (why?) I'm not sure they'll be able to even if they want to. The distancing thing isn't happening, outside Krung Thai bank today was a comedy and twice I had to tell people to move away from us while we were paying for my essential supplies.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » March 31, 2020, 7:41 pm

Had to go to town today to collect my swimming pool pump posted from Bangkok after repair.
I have to drive past Do Home & Home Hub.
Noticed they were both closed with gates barricaded off.

I was hoping after my son has finished his 14 days isolation after returning from Australia tomorrow we could start to decorate the house is now living in.

Where can you buy paint to completely decorate inside & outside the house plus other articles.

Is Global house or Thai Watsadu or any other home improvement stores open for sales of home improvement articles ???.

I would think having to isolate yourself these articles would be for sale as these places are not usually crowded.
Also you should be able to buy articles to fix things like broken pipes etc.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 31, 2020, 8:16 pm

Global on HWY2 are operating a telephone ordering system & then collect your bits from the edge of the car park. Can’t comment on how well it works, not tried it
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 31, 2020, 8:55 pm

Niggly wrote:
March 31, 2020, 8:16 pm
Global on HWY2 are operating a telephone ordering system & then collect your bits from the edge of the car park. Can’t comment on how well it works, not tried it
I didn’t know that, great info, I will try it tomorrow, anyone know the phone number?

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 31, 2020, 9:18 pm

vincemunday wrote:
March 31, 2020, 8:55 pm

I didn’t know that, great info, I will try it tomorrow, anyone know the phone number?
This is the card the chap gave me

You can also do click & collect from the app. I’ve got the Apple version, don’t know whether they’ve got Android. It’s all in Thai though so can be a bit long winded searching things out for an English chap
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 1, 2020, 4:37 am

pal52 wrote:
March 31, 2020, 7:41 pm
Had to go to town today to collect my swimming pool pump posted from Bangkok after repair.
I have to drive past Do Home & Home Hub.
Noticed they were both closed with gates barricaded off.

I was hoping after my son has finished his 14 days isolation after returning from Australia tomorrow we could start to decorate the house is now living in.

Where can you buy paint to completely decorate inside & outside the house plus other articles.

Is Global house or Thai Watsadu or any other home improvement stores open for sales of home improvement articles ???.

I would think having to isolate yourself these articles would be for sale as these places are not usually crowded.
Also you should be able to buy articles to fix things like broken pipes etc.
Last Friday the 27th i noticed the paint shop opposite Global on the ringroad was fully open .
You can get all your decorating supplies there . Better trained staff and cheaper than Global in my opinion .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 1, 2020, 7:26 am

Following on from Sakon Narkorn ..now in Pattaya .. alcohol ban and stricter now with restaurants etc no more dining at a distance.

https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/pa ... -00-293556

Probably become a nationwide thing soon ref the booze ..again imo this is to counteract the up n coming cancelled SK festival as well as keep people at home.

BTW Tam .. ring rd /airport intersection very lively with traffic again tho DM was late up as i stayed up to watch a couple of movies one of which was Crosslands ..worst ive ever watched set in the UK unbelievably bad so worth alook just for the laff.

stay safe to all keep close with loved ones and pray this doesnt go the way of Italy Spain n UK etc .

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 2, 2020, 7:45 am

Had to swoop into town yesterday to pay an essential bill , what did i see ..

i purposely drove thru town via TSM and around a few locations ...still seeing all the noddle shops , isan food and similar open and very busy , no SD but most wearing masks.

As posted by Tam the town center was (not suprisingly) quiet traffic wise , whilst the Ring road near the airport remains busy as a normal day.

Soi Samphan .. totally closed except hotels , laundries and the booze shop opp Irish Clock... a hand full of freelancers hanging around on the corner Phosri rd end of Samphan , not one ladyboy , from a distance looked like the Spice Girls then upon a closer drive by the Spice Girls GRANDMOTHERS .. and and the perfect advertisement for hand gel n self pleasuring ive ever seen.

Construction work at the museum on going and other locations.

Toyota Taharn Rd open but deserted only staff.

Banks open but looked very quiet.

All big DIY places closed .. smaller builders merchants open.

all barber shops closed inc the roadside ones i use .. gonna look like a hill billy vagrant soon !!! im growing a beard

Karen hotel set up a stand out front on Wattanapong rd offering free snacks and drinks.

Grab bikes out in there zillions

Nadee Tesco n Big C car parks busy...Makro cp also

My fav bbq chicken lady has packed up n gone :(

Took Megan the JR pup for her vacine .. vets told to stop non essential services ie grooming.

Got a roadside takeaway roast chicken on way back to office and the great duck noodle n food place 30m from my office is open WITH 6 instead of 12 tables :D

I am of the opinion this can be beaten by staying at home , curfews , restrictions etc but not seeing the governmnets requests being embraced by the majority YET .. and for the most part not taking this situation seriously.

remain safe to ALL even Grimsby fans and Diane Abbot .. in times like this we should not descriminate against anyone even fish smelling retards and mathematically challenged fookwits.

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 2, 2020, 11:21 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 2, 2020, 7:45 am
Had to swoop into town yesterday to pay an essential bill , what did i see ..

i purposely drove thru town via TSM and around a few locations ...still seeing all the noddle shops , isan food and similar open and very busy , no SD but most wearing masks.

As posted by Tam the town center was (not suprisingly) quiet traffic wise , whilst the Ring road near the airport remains busy as a normal day.

Soi Samphan .. totally closed except hotels , laundries and the booze shop opp Irish Clock... a hand full of freelancers hanging around on the corner Phosri rd end of Samphan , not one ladyboy , from a distance looked like the Spice Girls then upon a closer drive by the Spice Girls GRANDMOTHERS .. and and the perfect advertisement for hand gel n self pleasuring ive ever seen.

Construction work at the museum on going and other locations.

Toyota Taharn Rd open but deserted only staff.

Banks open but looked very quiet.

All big DIY places closed .. smaller builders merchants open.

all barber shops closed inc the roadside ones i use .. gonna look like a hill billy vagrant soon !!! im growing a beard

Karen hotel set up a stand out front on Wattanapong rd offering free snacks and drinks.

Grab bikes out in there zillions

Nadee Tesco n Big C car parks busy...Makro cp also

My fav bbq chicken lady has packed up n gone :(

Took Megan the JR pup for her vacine .. vets told to stop non essential services ie grooming.

Got a roadside takeaway roast chicken on way back to office and the great duck noodle n food place 30m from my office is open WITH 6 instead of 12 tables :D

I am of the opinion this can be beaten by staying at home , curfews , restrictions etc but not seeing the governmnets requests being embraced by the majority YET .. and for the most part not taking this situation seriously.

remain safe to ALL even Grimsby fans and Diane Abbot .. in times like this we should not descriminate against anyone even fish smelling retards and mathematically challenged fookwits.

DM
Nah D Abbott can self isolate with J Corbyn on an uninhabited island in the Shetlands.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 2, 2020, 12:49 pm

^ The Shetlands' neither want or need England's social rejects. The ponies would be upset for starters.

Pick one of your own islands.

The Scilly's maybe? Sounds perfect IMHO.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 2, 2020, 1:00 pm

The Minkies.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 2, 2020, 1:24 pm

mak wrote:
April 2, 2020, 1:00 pm
The Minkies.
Perfect! The Minkies for the manky's.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 2, 2020, 1:45 pm

Well the trip to Makro was done, ring road as busy as usual, Nittayo road as busy as it always is on a non school day, Makro quieter than usual, to be expected as a lot of bars and restaurants are closed. The village same, same, all sitting outside the mom and pop shop, the concept of social distancing? Forget it.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 3, 2020, 8:02 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
March 28, 2020, 8:56 pm
Stan, are the gun shops open ........... must be essential to be able to protect yourself from the Covid19 infected zombies soon to be roaming free around New York
believe me when I asked such a stupid question it was 100% tongue in cheek

The FBI have just announced that they received 3.7 million new applications last month (the highest ever recorded)

There really is NO HOPE for these morons

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 3, 2020, 8:09 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 3, 2020, 8:02 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
March 28, 2020, 8:56 pm
Stan, are the gun shops open ........... must be essential to be able to protect yourself from the Covid19 infected zombies soon to be roaming free around New York
believe me when I asked such a stupid question it was 100% tongue in cheek

The FBI have just announced that they received 3.7 million new applications last month (the highest ever recorded)

There really is NO HOPE for these morons
MAYBE US citizens feel the need to arm themselves MORE THAN USUAL for the impending increase in crime and / or riots n looting that MAY happen in the future.

DM

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 3, 2020, 8:17 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 3, 2020, 8:09 pm
MAYBE US citizens feel the need to arm themselves MORE THAN USUAL for the impending increase in crime and / or riots n looting that MAY happen in the future.

DM
Which, logically, can only be compounded by the fact that more and more of the morons are armed. :?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 3, 2020, 8:20 pm

Perhaps the money being spent on 3.7 million new firearms would be far better spent helping those in need and therefore removing the need to increase crime riots and looting

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”