Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by Charlieb » June 12, 2021, 1:14 pm

Signed up today at Bangkok Hospital for me, wife and daughter. 11,400 Baht. Let's hope it does not change again.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 12, 2021, 1:30 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
June 12, 2021, 10:55 am
I guess by now some of you guys have seen the latest email from BKK Hospital.

Registration back up and running
Delivery now OCT to DEC
3800 Baht NOT REFUNDABLE

I stand by what I previously said - Vague and flip flops!
Yep just received the same revised newsletter from BKKUDH.. clearly with the changes you mention .

Vaccine now OCT to DEC
AND
NOW.. states payment is transferable but NON refundable ..
1. wonder how easy it would be to have it transferred ??
and
2. it appears lost in space if another vaccine option materializes before at another location free or otherwise...

Hospitals love to charge but its my experience they loathe refunds of any kind...and as previously mentioned this is millions of baht being held with little else than words promising a vaccine before the end of 2021.....and can be subject to change as the government sees fit to move the goal posts .

DM..pondering the options
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

UdonThaniPete
udonmap.com

Post by UdonThaniPete » June 12, 2021, 1:41 pm

Hospitals love to charge but its my experience they loathe refunds of any kind...and as previously mentioned this is millions of baht being held with little else than words promising a vaccine before the end of 2021.....and can be subject to change as the government sees fit to move the goal posts .

[/quote]

I totally agree with you John, every time I’m reading people are paying in advance when there seems to be no clarity gives me real concerns, in some ways I can’t stop thinking of the 1000’s of people buying flights from Thai Airways who’s flights were canceled and still unable to get a refund.
I hope it works out for everyone who has paid in advance, if not there will be a lot of unhappy people out there.
A pessimist see’s a difficulty in every opportunity,
A optimist see’s an opportunity in every difficulty,
I am the latter.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 12, 2021, 2:13 pm

UdonThaniPete wrote:
June 12, 2021, 1:41 pm

I totally agree with you John, every time I’m reading people are paying in advance when there seems to be no clarity gives me real concerns, in some ways I can’t stop thinking of the 1000’s of people buying flights from Thai Airways who’s flights were canceled and still unable to get a refund.
I hope it works out for everyone who has paid in advance, if not there will be a lot of unhappy people out there.
[/quote]

The carrot of the money has gone .. IMO paying in advance means the Hospital wont be in a rush to actually do the vaccinations at any speed as they have already had the payments.. surely a 10 or 20% deposit or even 50% with balance paid on the day of the day of the second jab would suffice... i also could see this running over into 2022 meaning people will have paid a whole 6 months in advance which throws up another argument just why hospitals need advance payment to buy the vaccine and know roughly how many they need as this number will change constantly... this is not about the 3800 bt its more about the principal and the clarity or lack of it that is raising concerns.

With the governments stance changing by the week people could pay BUDH and nect month more free vaccines come on line so have one of those leaving BKUD with unused stock but 3800 richer which wont bother them at all...sell it again .

Just some of the things goin thru my head ... pondering

DM

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 12, 2021, 2:27 pm

Whilst things are going through your head and you are pondering, what about this.....
Assuming people get the first vaccine how can it be guaranteed they will get the second shot before the protection date runs out... about 6-12 weeks depending on the type of vaccine you order.
With Johnson and Johnson vaccine you only need the one shot, not two, and you are done.
But nowhere do I see Johnson and Johnson advertised in Thailand.....
H46dfb5855a3c4a2584cf8c199d053d7d9.jpg
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 12, 2021, 3:26 pm

I just received a phone call from BKUDH .. delightful young lady excellent English and all way through the conversation i was imagining it was the pretty from Zids post which resulted in swollen Y front syndrome ....moving on and i digress .. she called to inform me they had sent the email and was basically chasing up a payment , i asked her a few questions as info ... her age , marital status and for her instagram account n pics of her in a nurses uniform.. :^o :lol: :lol:, she sent me this

Joking aside.. i inquired ..

How long between jab 1 and 2 ..for Moderna its 28 days..

The payment is 100% non refundable but can be transferred to another persons name for them to be vaccinated at the BKUD hospital only not another location , therefore if you pay in advance now then change your mind or get a vaccine elsewhere your only option is to transfer to someone else and recoup the money from them not the hospital.

She could not guarantee when the vaccine would arrive only stating OCT-DEC and/or more so if it was possible this program would run over into 2022 even for those paying now... reply .. i cannot say for sure.

A still pondering

DM

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » June 12, 2021, 5:16 pm

I find it so encouraging that some people worry about how others spend their money.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 12, 2021, 5:24 pm

tamada wrote:
June 12, 2021, 11:22 am

Jeez BD, back in Isisford, I remember you teaching me that flip-flops are a defining bit of Aussie culture.
Aussie culture = Yes, but last century we called em "thongs" not to be confused with a Gee String.
Have no idea which nationality defined the term flip flop for this type of foot wear?
Of coarse it has become popular here to describe the inept government actions.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 12, 2021, 5:33 pm

AS INFO

Yet another email appeared in my inbox from BKUDH .. an update on the payment methods options... there are now only two options .. direct into the hospital Krungsri Bank account or Physical payment in cash at the hospital .. looks like CC payments have been stopped.

DM.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 12, 2021, 5:35 pm

Ahhh paradise.

Hospitals advance charging for vaccines that were donated gratis by foreign governments. =D> =D> =D>

Wait in line to put your name on a register.
No, scratch that, no more register. Sorry you wasted your effort on such a silly idea. You really should have known better.

OK new strategy --

Just pay us now and we'll provide the goods at a later undefined date.

Next up is the "non-vaccinated exclusion zones" and compliance tracking. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 12, 2021, 5:41 pm

ladda3904 wrote:
June 12, 2021, 5:16 pm
I find it so encouraging that some people worry about how others spend their money.
Let us know how you feel in 4 to 6 months!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 12, 2021, 5:50 pm

Zidane wrote:
June 12, 2021, 2:27 pm

Assuming people get the first vaccine how can it be guaranteed they will get the second shot before the protection date runs out... about 6-12 weeks depending on the type of vaccine you order.
You clearly have a total misunderstanding of how vaccine protection functions and any information on protection.

The initial dose provides zero protection for between 2 to 3 weeks the protection slowly builds, the precise period over which it builds is not clear, there is no data suggesting it reduces much or any at all over at least 6 months. It builds to something over 60%

The second dose of that vaccine or another adds to the protection provided by the first.

The optimal time for the second dose to give maximum protection varies and is not clear but is around 8 to 12 weeks.

The 4 week period was the only one tested in phase 3 trials, there is data that supports a longer interval, 12 weeks has been tested by the U.K.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 12, 2021, 5:56 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 12, 2021, 5:33 pm
AS INFO

Yet another email appeared in my inbox from BKUDH .. an update on the payment methods options... there are now only two options .. direct into the hospital Krungsri Bank account or Physical payment in cash at the hospital .. looks like CC payments have been stopped.

DM.
Like a broken record:-
Vague & flip flops, this aint over yet!

Edit:-
Jon, did you approach the hospital where you had the operation about their Moderna situation?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 12, 2021, 7:03 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
June 12, 2021, 5:56 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 12, 2021, 5:33 pm
AS INFO

DM.
Like a broken record:-
Vague & flip flops, this aint over yet!

Edit:-
Jon, did you approach the hospital where you had the operation about their Moderna situation?
Yes Dao inquired at TCPH earlier this month but they did not have any definate information about what vaccine will be used or when it will arrive they asked us to contact again later in June , she is gonna give them a call again Monday and if possible i may go there as my records are on their system.

I think most would agree 3800 bt is not over the top for what i think is the best option Moderna .. its the whole uncertainty with regard to to the roll out in general .. register , dont register , suspended , payment timing and methods all this when the government could change stance and an earlier vaccine could be available as pert of the roll out .. im not overly worried which vaccine i get free or paid for but would prefer one ASAP not in 4 5 or 6 months time ..i can see some provinces applying restrictions for anyone traveling to them who has not had a vaccine and i visit a lot of different provinces regularly.

Lots of grey areas .. and more flip flopping to come.

DM

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 12, 2021, 7:11 pm

Surely, immigration will get involved at some point.

"There's gold in them there hills."

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 13, 2021, 12:06 pm

Health officials in Thailand on Sunday reported 2,804 new COVID-19 and 18 more fatalities.

409 of the new cases were linked to prisons.

Despite the occasional single day spike in cases (as seen on Saturday), Thailand’s cases have fallen significantly since its record of almost 10,000 new cases was reported less than one month ago.

Sunday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 195,909 with 1,449 deaths. (Reuters)

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » June 13, 2021, 3:40 pm

ladda3904 wrote: ↑June 12, 2021, 5:16 pm
Let us know how you feel in 4 to 6 months!

Don't fret. I made a decision and I alone will live with the decision. Good bad or indifferent.

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Re: Registration for a vaccination.

Post by Old Grumpy » June 14, 2021, 9:39 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
June 8, 2021, 8:20 pm
Been reading lots about problems getting this done so took the bull by the horns and popped into the Military hospital this morning with my wife who had previously registered on line but for some reason couldn't do mine .Any way a nice lady at a desk in reception called my wife over straight away and helped her to register me, she had with her my passport, yellow book and pink Id, don't quite know which she used but ten minutes later she was back, registration completed told to expect to hear within 7 days if not please pop in. was told no problems I will get priority due to my age , 86 and no charge .So waiting another week and will post outcome .Seemed too easy, time will tell.
Update as promised. Got our appointment dates to be done at Nong Wau So hospital., the wife 1st August, me 2nd September .Don't know what vaccine brand yet, Confirmed no charge .
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

Giggle
udonmap.com

Re: Registration for a vaccination.

Post by Giggle » June 14, 2021, 10:00 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
June 14, 2021, 9:39 am
I will get priority due to my age , 86
me 2nd September
:-& :-& :-& :badteeth:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 14, 2021, 10:27 am

Thailand on Monday (June 14) reported 3,355 new COVID-19 cases and 17 additional deaths.

● 2,571 new infections
● 784 prison / prison infections

Monday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 199,264 with 1,466 deaths.
(Total infections since April 1: 170,401)

The news comes as Rural Doctors Society is demanding that the government, and the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), tell the truth about the availability of COVID-19 vaccines and whether there are enough to meet current vaccination appointments(Reuters)

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”