Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by Doodoo » March 12, 2021, 2:08 pm

Thai Government presentation in English (Facebook)
March 12, Friday

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/vi ... 9879730836

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 16, 2021, 2:02 am

March 15, Monday

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/vi ... 6748885142

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 16, 2021, 7:53 am

Blood clots have been a noted contraindication with vaccines and not just this one.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 16, 2021, 12:40 pm

tamada wrote:
March 16, 2021, 7:53 am
Blood clots have been a noted contraindication with vaccines and not just this one.
There is no evidence of greater than usual blood clotting associated with the Oxford AstroZenica vaccine.

Blood clotting occurs at low levels in the population, the evidence so far is that in vaccinated individuals (O AZ vaccinated) the level is lower than in the non vaccinated population, this is early days but with over 11 million vaccinated in the U.K. alone, more data is to be expected in the near future.

You claim that clotting is a risk in vaccinations. Please give a source for this as it is news to me and not something I have seen mentioned.

No blood clot risk found with HPV vaccination https://www.mdedge.com/chestphysician/a ... n?sso=true

Risk of venous thromboembolism following influenza vaccination in adults aged 50years and older in the Vaccine Safety Datalink https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28888342/
Overall, there was no evidence that inactivated influenza vaccine was associated with VTE in adults ≥50years old. An increased risk was found among current smokers in a post hoc analysis. These findings are consistent with previous research and support the safety of annual vaccination in this population.
One of the issues that needs to be considered is how common thromboembolism is anyway. A recent paper from Oklahoma, in the US investigated the incidence of this condition during 2012 2013 and 2014 (Wendelboe AM, Campbell J, Ding K, Bratzler DW, Beckman MG, Reyes NL, Raskob GE. Incidence of Venous Thromboembolism in a Racially Diverse Population of Oklahoma County, Oklahoma. Thrombosis and haemostasis. 2021). The biggest factor affecting the incidence of thromboembolism in the community was age. The incidence of venous thromboembolism in the >80 years age group was 13.16, in the 70-79 age group 7.76 and in the 60-69 age group 5.10 per 1000 person years. So for every 1 million people immunised in these age groups we would expect to see about 1097, 645 and 425 episodes of thromboembolism in the month after immunization anyway. Now we do not know whether there was any particular aspect of the thromboembolic events in the recent reports from Europe that would make those cases more unusual and so more concerning.
Blood clotting, or thrombosis, occurs for a variety of reasons, the lead up to an even can often be undetected in the general population, and venous thrombosis is relatively common affecting 1 to 2 in 1000. Reports of what has triggered Denmark to pause the use of the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine is not clear, but I note that the EMA has identified 22 cases of thrombosis among the 3 million who have received the vaccine so far, which is much lower than our 1 to 2 in 1000. Therefore, if there is any association between the vaccine and clotting, the risk is likely to be very low indeed.
Note in a population of 11 million (the number of people vaccinated in the U.K.) an expected number of blood clots would be 900 to 2,000 per month, the current reported number is?
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 16, 2021, 10:53 pm

I guess it's how one views the numbers? If the possibility of being among the 0.0016% of globally vaccinated that have been reported as showing evidence of veinous thromboembolism is a concern, maybe best not drive in Thailand.

In fact, maybe best stay just at home.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 18, 2021, 3:12 pm

March 17, Wednesday

www.facebook.com/thailandprd/videos/3855428961182361

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 19, 2021, 1:05 pm

March 19, Friday

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/vi ... 9299789942

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 20, 2021, 9:34 am

No, it’s not an April Fool’s Day prank. At yesterday’s CCSA meeting it was decided to formally drop the quarantine period to 10 and 7 days, and ditch the fit-to fly documents, previously required for anyone travelling to Thailand. This all starts on Thursday, April 1.

The CCSA meeting agreed to shorten the former mandatory 14 day quarantine period to 10 days, for arrivals without a vaccination certificate, and to 7 days for those with a vaccine certificate.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 20, 2021, 7:07 pm

noosard wrote:
March 20, 2021, 9:34 am
No, it’s not an April Fool’s Day prank. At yesterday’s CCSA meeting it was decided to formally drop the quarantine period to 10 and 7 days, and ditch the fit-to fly documents, previously required for anyone travelling to Thailand. This all starts on Thursday, April 1.

The CCSA meeting agreed to shorten the former mandatory 14 day quarantine period to 10 days, for arrivals without a vaccination certificate, and to 7 days for those with a vaccine certificate.
If your are already Vaccinated, it will be interesting to see how it pans out, when you go to the Thai Embassy's outside of Thailand next month and ask them what exact Documentation they now want to see, in order for them to issue you with a Tourist Visa.

Also whether the Thai Embassy, will still require you to do the Pre 72 hour PCR Test and then come back to the Embassy, prior to checking in at the Airport. Maybe, you will still need to do that 72 hour PCR Test, but simply take the Test Result document with you to Check-in, without having to then visit the Thai Embassy again? :-k

After clearing the Thai Embassy hurdle, I wonder what the Airlines will ask you for or want to see, at the Check in stage?? :confused: :confused: Hopefully, the Thai Embassy and the Airlines, will be on the same page.

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 20, 2021, 8:21 pm

Rather than speculating, it is probably worthwhile to wait a few days to see what new instructions come out.

My own experience was that the current rules for re-entry to Thailand were very professionally handled by the Thai Embassy in Canberra, with a problem free website flowing with every new step of the process.

They are not all total idiots you know.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 20, 2021, 10:11 pm

Sorry JS, but I wasn't aware that there were rules about speculating and or suggesting possible outcomes, on this Forum. If that was the case, I am sure that some 80% of the Posts on this Forum would disappear. "Here I go again", another speculative comment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyF8RHM1OCg

I posed several questions on the premise that an individual was already Vaccinated, which is likely to be different from your circumstance when in Canberra. Nevertheless, I am happy to see wait and see what will be the outcome with the Thai Embassy is, over here.

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on March 21, 2021, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 21, 2021, 5:47 am

Well it did say it was going to ditch the fit to fly docs
So that just leaves what airlines may demand

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 21, 2021, 7:16 am

Out of interest do you Aussies get a Government Vaxx Certificate when you get the jab? So far the UK Government is refusing to issue anything confirming you have had the vaccine. The more Countries who do issue something might just shame our mob into a policy change.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 21, 2021, 8:12 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
March 20, 2021, 10:11 pm
Sorry JS, but I wasn't aware that there were rules about speculating and or suggesting possible outcomes, on this Forum.
Neither was I.

The current process (handled by the Thai Govt website, but finalised by the local embassy) was transparent and efficient. There is no reason to believe the new process will be any different - that's why I suggested waiting a few days to see what eventuates. 👍

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 21, 2021, 9:04 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
March 20, 2021, 7:07 pm
noosard wrote:
March 20, 2021, 9:34 am

If your are already Vaccinated, it will be interesting to see how it pans out, when you go to the Thai Embassy's outside of Thailand next month and ask them what exact Documentation they now want to see, in order for them to issue you with a Tourist Visa.

Also whether the Thai Embassy, will still require you to do the Pre 72 hour PCR Test and then come back to the Embassy, prior to checking in at the Airport. Maybe, you will still need to do that 72 hour PCR Test, but simply take the Test Result document with you to Check-in, without having to then visit the Thai Embassy again? :-k

After clearing the Thai Embassy hurdle, I wonder what the Airlines will ask you for or want to see, at the Check in stage?? :confused: :confused: Hopefully, the Thai Embassy and the Airlines, will be on the same page.

pipoz4444
The Royal Thai Embassy in London is closed to all walk-in customers but they are still handling the CoE's efficiently online. Pretty much ALL visa requirements are already stated on their various country-specific websites.

The CCSA statement is all about changes in quarantine after you touch down in Thailand. There's no suggestion that any of the pre-flight requirements have changed, be it embassy or airline. There's no reason why they should either.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » March 21, 2021, 9:11 am

The only changes I have read previously is that you will be quarantined for 7 days if you're coronavirus shot is less than 3 months old, which makes absolutely no sense to me, and 10 days if the shot is over 3 months old or no shot at all. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 21, 2021, 9:47 am

After 4 aborted attempts, my wife and I made it back. After a few hiccups in the early COE stages, the Thai embassy in DC sorted things out and helped us through 4 COEs, 2 Certificates of Identify, and a temporary passport. I'm confident I can fill out any form they have, in Thai, in English, blindfolded. I lost small amounts on some airline rescheduling, but overall, US and international airlines were very cooperative. We should have taken it in the shorts for the last minute hotel cancellation (due to Texas snowstorm), but Grande Centre Point rescheduled us without penalty.
Walking through Narita and Suvarnaphumi was like watching Twilight Zone. Very eerie!
All the hullabaloo about Fit to Fly paperwork........I'm not saying anyone could fill one out, but if anyone did, I doubt anyone would notice.
Getting through 14 more days of quarantine will be a cake walk after waiting for so loong.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 21, 2021, 9:48 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
March 21, 2021, 9:11 am
The only changes I have read previously is that you will be quarantined for 7 days if you're coronavirus shot is less than 3 months old, which makes absolutely no sense to me, and 10 days if the shot is over 3 months old or no shot at all. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
The second shot has to have been administered not less than 14-days and not more than 3 months prior to travel. That 3-month criteria was mentioned in the proposals before it went to cabinet, CCSA etc., so don't quote me on it. Just because it hasn't been specifically mentioned in the official release doesn't mean that it doesn't apply but possibly got lost in the rubbish translations that are par for the course here.
Last edited by tamada on March 21, 2021, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » March 21, 2021, 10:03 am

tamada wrote:
March 21, 2021, 9:48 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
March 21, 2021, 9:11 am
The second shot has to have been administered not less than 14-days and not more than 3 months prior to travel. That 3-month criteria was mentioned in the proposals before it went to cabinet, CCSA etc., so don't quote me on it. Just because it hasn't been mentioned in the official release doesn't mean that it doesn't apply but possibly got lost in the rubbish translations that are par for the course here.
But if you get to Johnson & Johnson shot, like I did, it's a single shot.

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » March 21, 2021, 10:14 am

parrot wrote:
March 21, 2021, 9:47 am
After 4 aborted attempts, my wife and I made it back. After a few hiccups in the early COE stages, the Thai embassy in DC sorted things out and helped us through 4 COEs, 2 Certificates of Identify, and a temporary passport. I'm confident I can fill out any form they have, in Thai, in English, blindfolded. I lost small amounts on some airline rescheduling, but overall, US and international airlines were very cooperative. We should have taken it in the shorts for the last minute hotel cancellation (due to Texas snowstorm), but Grande Centre Point rescheduled us without penalty.
Walking through Narita and Suvarnaphumi was like watching Twilight Zone. Very eerie!
All the hullabaloo about Fit to Fly paperwork........I'm not saying anyone could fill one out, but if anyone did, I doubt anyone would notice.
Getting through 14 more days of quarantine will be a cake walk after waiting for so loong.
Welcome home parrot. It's been quite a journey for you the past 13 months or so. Certainly hope the quarantine period goes well and you are in good shape to join in the Songkran festivities a week or so later. I have family in Texas and from what I gather from them not only did CV-19 impact your visit but you also got hit with a historic winter storm event to top everything off. Reckon it's about time for some real rest and relaxation at home.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”