Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by jackspratt » September 9, 2021, 8:19 am

Thanks Dero - very helpful. 👍

It will be interesting to see what "certificate" they hand out on Monday after I get my second shot of Pfizer.

But reading what you have received, I am not sure how the information can be used prior to a first visit back to Oz. I will contact the Dept of Health after Monday.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 9, 2021, 10:44 am

AstraZeneca bosses warn against rush for boosters

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58486526

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 10, 2021, 4:34 pm

samuel wrote:
September 6, 2021, 3:27 pm
Vaccine Passport

The Department of Disease Control has issued a vaccine passport called the "COVID-19 CERTIFICATE OF VACCINATION," as published in the Royal Gazette.
In this video clip, there are details of the immunization certificate for international travel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adabawMDLcg
Further to samuel's post, I have just received this update from a Ban Dung farang who is is not an UM member.
Mrs just spoke to Ministry of Public Health at Udon Thani regarding process for Vaccine Passport, and they advised anytime after a week from receiving your vaccine certificate, take your certificate + a copy, with your original passport + a copy, with your ID + a copy to them and they will issue you with the vaccine passport. They want a week for the system to update all the certificates issued.

After leaving the information with the MoPH, you need to go back a week later to collect the Passport ie it will take 2 visits to the MoPH, after your visit to get your 2nd jab.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 10, 2021, 4:51 pm

Thai Government presentation in English (Facebook)
September 10 Friday

Thailand to have restrictions inplace for another 2 weeks and then another review

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/vi ... 396200073/

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 10, 2021, 4:57 pm

Should also note news is within regarding Student vaccinations at time 07:56

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=225451396200073

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 10, 2021, 5:58 pm

jackspratt wrote:
September 9, 2021, 8:19 am
Thanks Dero - very helpful. 👍

It will be interesting to see what "certificate" they hand out on Monday after I get my second shot of Pfizer.

But reading what you have received, I am not sure how the information can be used prior to a first visit back to Oz. I will contact the Dept of Health after Monday.
My sister has put the question to her doctor (a personal friend) who administered her 2 x AZ jabs. No worries, just email copies of my paperwork through and the doctor will sort it - oh AND Medicare Card (Sister has it). She was telling me details of the vaccines appear on the "My Gov/Medicare" site. eg. Batch, exp date, time of injection etc.
I advise all to photograph the paperwork you are given, as I did after my 1st dose, to get these details.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 10, 2021, 7:51 pm

I received an SMS this evening from the group administering the Bangkok Hospital, Khon Kaen Pfizer innoculations.

I had previously registered with them, but heard nothing back, and it was overtaken with the Udon registration.

The SMS invited me to register, and was open to farangs >40 years old, plus those with the previously notified medical conditions.

It may be of use to anyone on UM who has not lined up at Udon, but if successful, will probably involve a couple of drives to KK.

https://it-nurse.bkn.co.th/Registation-Pfizer.php

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 11, 2021, 1:09 pm

jackspratt wrote:
September 10, 2021, 7:51 pm
I received an SMS this evening from the group administering the Bangkok Hospital, Khon Kaen Pfizer innoculations.

I had previously registered with them, but heard nothing back, and it was overtaken with the Udon registration.

The SMS invited me to register, and was open to farangs >40 years old, plus those with the previously notified medical conditions.

It may be of use to anyone on UM who has not lined up at Udon, but if successful, will probably involve a couple of drives to KK.

https://it-nurse.bkn.co.th/Registation-Pfizer.php
Thanks for the head up. The web form is not working however I called this morning, emailed my details and just got a call back that I have an appointment tomorrow, they are getting a new batch in and if you contact them it is possible that you may get your first jab quickly.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 11, 2021, 1:20 pm

I also received an SMS from the Intervac registration for the KK Pfizer dose. Since I already received my 1st Pfzer dose up here on the 23rd and will go to get my 2nd Monday the 13th, I can forgoe the appointment.. It shows the Intervac works but I've been registered with the ExpatVac and no rejection e-mail since 1 August and nary a squeak..
Dave

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 11, 2021, 1:29 pm

Further re the KK rego for which I had previously registered - clicked on the Status page https://it-nurse.bkn.co.th/checkstatus.php and input my passport details.

I came back with a confirmation page, and gave me a Registration Number for a jab at 1100am tomorrow (12 Sept).

It also shows Cancel and Confirm buttons, and as I am now with Udon, I hit the Cancel button, which was immediately confirmed.

I suggest anyone else who previously registered with KK, and is now with Udon, should also cancel.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » September 11, 2021, 2:55 pm

Is there a hot spot map of virus in Udon Thani.
Wife's brother (35) going there to work through the week periods.
I suggested he get tested regularly as he intends to return home back in Wang Peam during wekends etc.
No sign of vaccination for him as far as I know.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 11, 2021, 4:06 pm

My last post on http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/v ... start=1140 shows the areas under watch.....Thai Isaan Market the major concern. The other areas spread out in the city. Best advice would be to wear a mask, stay away from groups if possible, wash wash wash, avoid using common drinking cups, etc etc.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 11, 2021, 5:26 pm

Just keep the dreaded virus away from the University until after late PM hours on the 15th, I'm done and dusted, don't give a crap AND very selfish!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 11, 2021, 5:46 pm

If you think that having the Vaccine will 100% protect you, you havent been keeping up to date
The vaccines will somewhat protect you from getting Covid 19
If you catch Covid once you have recived the vaccine the symptoms will not be as serious

A person still needs to social distance, clean clean clean and wear a Mask

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 11, 2021, 8:07 pm

Doodoo wrote:
September 11, 2021, 5:46 pm
If you think that having the Vaccine will 100% protect you, you havent been keeping up to date
The vaccines will somewhat protect you from getting Covid 19
If you catch Covid once you have recived the vaccine the symptoms will not be as serious

A person still needs to social distance, clean clean clean and wear a Mask
Absolutely correct your chances of getting infected roughly 14 days after the second dose drop by 50%
However if you become infected you are still capable of infecting others.
Your chances of being hospitalised improve and you are about 90% less likely to need hospital treatment, even less likely to need ICU care and chances of death are again reduced.

However if you become infected you are still capable of infecting others, so just because you have survived 14 days after your second vaccination DOES NOT MEAN you can stop all precautions like masks hand washing etc unless you want to emulate Typhoid Mary

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 12, 2021, 11:24 am

Just a FYI
Khon Kaen vaccination run by Bangkok hospital is extremely efficient and well organised. They are vaccinating 200 foreign Phizer and 4,000 Thai, probably Sinovac, today. From arriving being processed through various check stations, vaccinated, waiting 20 minutes and going downstairs to Swenson was a total time of 50 minutes.

However I did come across a yank who has already had 2 doses of Sinovac who got a 3rd vaccination today, he has also paid for the private Moderna, though I have no idea if he’s going to get those as well, even better he considered vaccination to be a political matter and was unimpressed when I pointed out that politics doesn’t affect vaccines ability to function and that Sinovac has proved less effective than others.

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » September 12, 2021, 2:59 pm

Went to KK with Thai wife. She had an appointment notice for Pfizer. 2nd jab will be on October 3rd. Really impressive organization. From arrival to end of 15 minute waiting period after she received jab, maybe 30 or 40 minutes. Get my 2nd in Udon tomorrow.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 13, 2021, 9:17 am

This is worth a read if your interested in getting the Thai Digital Health Pass.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1231268-a-us ... alth-pass/

In particular this post:-
The claim in this news is false. I've been fully vaccinated and downloaded Morprom application. No problems to register. When you get vaccinated you get your 13 digit code (it starts with 600000******) on A4 paper form and you simply enter it instead of Thai ID. It works. The problem is that no one has mentioned that when I got vaccinated. Lack of good instruction is in Thailand unfortunately usual.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 13, 2021, 9:44 am

Currently sitting and waiting for my 2nd jab. Can confirm the 13 digit number, which appears at the top of a form, together with your phone number and name.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 13, 2021, 10:04 am

Unfortunately there is a bit of a drawback to this.

I downloaded the MorProm app while I was sitting in the after jab waiting area. To register, it clearly says Citizen ID number so I entered the pink card number. I then entered my phone number, got the OTP & accessed the app. All good but everything was blank so I just thought the records hadn’t been updated yet, no problem.

I then discovered you have to use the 13 digit number on the form so tried to register with the app using that but it just comes back with my phone number is already registered.

There doesn’t appear to be a way of unregistering the Citizen ID previously entered (which is still a blank record) or changing the phone number so at the moment, I’m stuffed.

So, important information, DO NOT register on MorProm with your pink ID card number as it states
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”