tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by tamada » May 2, 2021, 10:01 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
May 2, 2021, 9:45 am
pal52 wrote:
May 2, 2021, 9:03 am
Udon has now been added to the night time restrictions list.
Basically a curfew from 2300 hrs until 0400 hrs.
Only essential travel is allowed during these hours.

Source
http://www.thainewsreports.com/2021/04/ ... provinces/
To what end? These governors are like sheep, one does it others start to follow. Far too little to late and what do they hope to achieve by this useless curfew, most everything is shut anyway. The idiots should have set restrictions BEFORE Songkran not after the horse has bolted. :confused: :evil: :-# - Rant over!
The curfew worked last year in the face of total unknowns so this new one, despite not being called a curfew, will work even better based on the fact that a whole lot of last year's unknowns are now known. The added, known and proven danger this year is the higher infection rates of the newer variants, hence the ratcheting up of restrictions.

My observations during my much reduced perambulations in and around Udon Thani is that the greater population is already heeding the 'no unnecessary travel' edicts outside of inter-provincial and overnight travel. Streets are almost empty, parking places available all over, only maybe 250 other people in makro yesterday afternoon (they have a people counter at the door that runs off the IR temperature test screening). I can cross town in about 8 minutes versus 30 which is a Godsend since they've buggered up the ring-road!

Stop crying over spilt milk. The Songkran fustercluck is history that can't be undone by ranting... but I admit the latter makes one feel better.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 2, 2021, 10:02 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 2, 2021, 9:57 am
Agree BDD .. im still trying to work out how a soft curfew 23 to 04 will assist the fight against covid ..

Not one word of admittance or regret from the top brass for allowing SK travel which in reality carried the virus out of Bkk nationwide when it maybe could have been contained within to its epicenter ..BKK.

Just added the MOPH line ID in readiness to book a jab at a later date .. as a relative youngster (UNDER 60 JUST) i too like Kopkei will wait my turn to see how it pans out with regard to the different vaccines on offer and the fall out effects if any.

Thanks for posting the details Tam .. very useful.

DM
Thanks for the acknowledgment.

PS: Looks like you've spilt your milk too.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 2, 2021, 10:35 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:

Just added the MOPH line ID in readiness to book a jab at a later date .. as a relative youngster (UNDER 60 JUST) i too like Kopkei will wait my turn to see how it pans out with regard to the different vaccines on offer and the fall out effects if any.

DM
The way I'm reading the briefs now you will get what your given, there will be NO choice!
Now the Private Hospitals have been given the go ahead to import I will still be going down that route and buy the best (I perceive to be) on offer.
I know I will, at least, get a written receipt for the vaccinations and not have to rely on some garbage Thai written app, if there will be such a thing, to prove my participation (Covid Passport).

Just to add:- Mrs Dero expects our local Tambon clinic (who she works for) will be taking appointment registrations in the not too distant future. As one would expect the over 60's, here in the rice paddies, are not very smart phone savvy.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 2, 2021, 10:58 am

Disappointing figures again today...
Thailand's Health Ministry on Sunday reported 1,940 new coronavirus cases, while deaths hit 21 for a second day, the highest daily number of fatalities since the pandemic began.

This 3rd wave is far from over and I hope the Government is preparing for the 4th wave (the India variant) later in the year.

I,too, hope to go down the private hospital route and, hopefully, get the best available vaccine even if it costs.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 2, 2021, 11:04 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
May 2, 2021, 10:35 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
The way I'm reading the briefs now you will get what your given, there will be NO choice!
Now the Private Hospitals have been given the go ahead to import I will still be going down that route and buy the best (I perceive to be) on offer.
I know I will, at least, get a written receipt for the vaccinations and not have to rely on some garbage Thai written app, if there will be such a thing, to prove my participation (Covid Passport).

Just to add:- Mrs Dero expects our local Tambon clinic (who she works for) will be taking appointment registrations in the not too distant future. As one would expect the over 60's, here in the rice paddies, are not very smart phone savvy.
What I have read has only mentioned AZ vaccine. The Chinese and Russian vaccines are NOT mentioned at all.

The last I read was the private hospitals are unable to order despite the government giving them permission to do so several weeks ago.

Most vaccines come with a bar-coded, adhesive label on the vial that can be affixed to the old-style vaccination logs for frequent travelers. I was surprised to see a "proof of vaccination" a friend received from his son in the US that was handwritten and without a digital reference to the batch # or anything tangible beyond the clinic's logo and the signature and date.

My mate is a volunteer firefighter in the US and has been vaccinated as a high-risk occupation (they were entering houses ahead of paramedics prior to evacuating suspected Covid patients to hospital). His certificate is the same: a card on CDC letterhead all with handwritten details. Not even a stamp. That's going to go well down Khaosan Road.
12225b.jpg
I reckon being in the comparative boonies and the locals reluctance to take this 'government vaccine', you may be near the top of any list already. Good luck.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 2, 2021, 11:20 am

Zidane wrote:
May 2, 2021, 10:58 am
Disappointing figures again today...
Thailand's Health Ministry on Sunday reported 1,940 new coronavirus cases, while deaths hit 21 for a second day, the highest daily number of fatalities since the pandemic began.

This 3rd wave is far from over and I hope the Government is preparing for the 4th wave (the India variant) later in the year.

I,too, hope to go down the private hospital route and, hopefully, get the best available vaccine even if it costs.
Infection/day increased by 23.7 - slight up trend
Deaths/day increased by 0.6 - slight down trend
doom02may.jpg

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 2, 2021, 11:35 am

As I read it , but I may be wrong the Vaccination push will begin in June when the Siambio ( Thai owned) storts distributing the AZ vaccine which will be for most of the population including expats. The Sinovasc ( 51% ) efficacy will be used for frontline workers .
If I am offered Sinovac, I will refuse and go down the private route .
AZ, Pfihizer, Moderna or Sputnik are all sound as far as I am concerned.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 2, 2021, 11:40 am

tamada wrote:
May 2, 2021, 11:04 am
Bandung_Dero wrote:
May 2, 2021, 10:35 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM

What I have read has only mentioned AZ vaccine. The Chinese and Russian vaccines are NOT mentioned at all.

The last I read was the private hospitals are unable to order despite the government giving them permission to do so several weeks ago.

Most vaccines come with a bar-coded, adhesive label on the vial that can be affixed to the old-style vaccination logs for frequent travelers. I was surprised to see a "proof of vaccination" a friend received from his son in the US that was handwritten and without a digital reference to the batch # or anything tangible beyond the clinic's logo and the signature and date.

My mate is a volunteer firefighter in the US and has been vaccinated as a high-risk occupation (they were entering houses ahead of paramedics prior to evacuating suspected Covid patients to hospital). His certificate is the same: a card on CDC letterhead all with handwritten details. Not even a stamp. That's going to go well down Khaosan Road.

12225b.jpg

I reckon being in the comparative boonies and the locals reluctance to take this 'government vaccine', you may be near the top of any list already. Good luck.
Tam

Not sure about other vaccines but Sputnik comes in a vial of 5 doses per vial therefore handwritten record of vacinne as only 1 label on the bottle

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 2, 2021, 11:44 am

MOPH line app for vacine booking sees huge demand and briefly crashes ..

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... uge-demand

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 2, 2021, 11:53 am

I wouldn't be writing Sinovac off just yet.
Should people take the Sinovac vaccine?

Russell: I would have no hesitation, provided it secures regulatory authority approval. For protecting people from ending up in hospitals, Sinovac’s shot looks terrific as the efficacy data for preventing hospitalization and death is 100%.

Griffin: Yes. While it may mean that we don’t reduce the cases overall or achieve herd immunity, we will still be successful in reducing severe Covid infections and therefore, the burden on the health care system. If the vaccine is approved by the relevant regulators, then I think we need to have faith that it’s safe and effective in that population.
You need to read the full article (and note its date) to get the whole story: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... up-sinovac

and:
China's Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine was 67% effective in preventing symptomatic infection, data from a huge real-world study inChile has shown, a potential boost for the jab which has come under scrutiny over its level of protection against the virus.

The CoronaVac vaccine was 85% effective in preventing hospitalizations and 80% effective in preventing deaths, the Chilean government said in a report, adding that the data should prove a "game changer" from the vaccine more widely.

Again, a lot more recent: https://www.reuters.com/business/health ... 021-04-16/

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 2, 2021, 11:54 am

dunroaming wrote:
May 2, 2021, 11:40 am
Tam

Not sure about other vaccines but Sputnik comes in a vial of 5 doses per vial therefore handwritten record of vacinne as only 1 label on the bottle
And thus any digitally, internationally verifiable linkage between recipient and their certificate is tenuous at-best . This sort of blows any summer vacation digital Covid passports and tourist bubble nonsense based on QR codes out of the water. A handwritten bit of paper means squat these days. Especially THESE days.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 2, 2021, 1:14 pm

tamada wrote:
May 2, 2021, 11:54 am
dunroaming wrote:
May 2, 2021, 11:40 am
Tam

And thus any digitally, internationally verifiable linkage between recipient and their certificate is tenuous at-best . This sort of blows any summer vacation digital Covid passports and tourist bubble nonsense based on QR codes out of the water. A handwritten bit of paper means squat these days. Especially THESE days.
The vaccination card that my wife, daughter, and I received in Texas for Pfizer is the same......handwritten, no stamp, nothing official. Then again, ages ago when I was in the AF, my yellow vaccination booklet wasn't much different.
The covid vaccine info is supposedly stored on CDC computers but I've not heard of anyone with a vaccination card being challenged. That day will eventually come......perhaps when cruise ships resume travel.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 2, 2021, 4:06 pm

Thai Government presentation in English (Facebook)
May 2, Sunday

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/vi ... 1021878482

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 3, 2021, 8:54 am

Sadly today's figures are even worse....
31 deaths and 2041 new cases.
received_172496548081905.jpeg

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 3, 2021, 9:14 am

According to the government, all people in Thailand, regardless of nationality, are eligible to receive the vaccine and can register for the vaccination programme via the Mor Prom (“Doctors Ready”) Line official account, or at hospitals and health promotion hospitals nationwide.

Registration starts on 1 May, 2021, and the vaccination starts on 7 June, 2021, for the priority group, comprising people aged 60 or older and those with seven chronic diseases: lung disease, kidney disease, heart disease, stroke, obesity, diabetes, and cancer. Other groups or people aged 18-59 can register in July 2021, and the vaccination starts in August 2021.

The government expects the nationwide vaccine rollout to complete within four to seven months, or between September and December, 2021.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 3, 2021, 10:43 am

3rd May results are in. Thailand reports new daily record of 31 virus deaths, 2,041 cases

Infection/day increased by 25.3 - up trend
Deaths/day increased by 0.8 - up trend
doom03may.jpg
This isn't going away just yet.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 3, 2021, 1:31 pm

May 3, Monday

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/vi ... 4942065250

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 4, 2021, 10:08 am

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand on Tuesday reported 1,763 new coronavirus cases and 27 deaths, as the country grapples with a third wave of infections.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 4, 2021, 10:18 am

Infection/day increased by 15.6 - down trend
Deaths/day increased by 0.6 - down trend
doom04may.jpg

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 4, 2021, 1:53 pm

May 4, Tuesday

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/vi ... 4573486134

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”