Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by Doodoo » October 11, 2021, 1:59 pm

Thai Government presentation in English (Facebook)
October 11 Monday

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/vi ... 1698289280

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 11, 2021, 3:06 pm

A bit late posting and relevant only to those who may not be living the dream in Udon Thani.
British Embassy vaccine update 7 October 2021.pdf
(148.34 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 11, 2021, 10:39 pm

BREAKING NEWS:
🔴 1st November: Vaccinated tourists from 10 countries such as UK, Singapore, Germany, China, and USA can enter #Thailand without having to do quarantine
🔴 1st December: Will consider allowing alcoholic beverages to be consumed in restaurants and open entertainment venues

FULL TRANSCRIPT OF PUBLIC ADDRESS:

National Address of the Prime Minister of Thailand
“THAILAND WILL WELCOME QUARANTINE-FREE VISITORS”
Monday 11 October, 2021

HIGHLIGHTS

“During the last weeks some of Thailand’s most important tourist source countries have begun to ease their travel restrictions on their citizens… With these developments, we must act quickly but still cautiously, and not miss the opportunity to entice some of the year-end and new year holiday season travelers during the next few months to support the many millions of people who earn a living from our tourism, travel and entertainment sectors as well as the many other related sectors.”

“I have instructed the CCSA and the Ministry of Public Health to urgently consider within this week to allow, as of 1st November, international visitors to enter Thailand without any requirement for quarantine if they are fully vaccinated and arrive by air from low-risk countries. Visitors will need to show that they are COVID-free at their time of travel with an RT-PCR test undertaken before they leave their home country, and do a test in Thailand. Initially, we will begin with at least 10 countries on our low-risk, no-quarantine list, including the United Kingdom, Singapore, Germany, China, and the United States of America, and enlarge that list by 1st December, and, by 1st of January, move to a very extensive list.”

“By 1st December, we will also consider allowing the consumption of alcoholic beverages in restaurants as well as the operation of entertainment venues.”

“I would like to recognise the extraordinary achievements of our public health workers, other officials and all citizens for their response to my appeal in June to ready the country for quarantine-free arrivals within 120 days.

“After we adopted the 120-day goal, extraordinary efforts were made to increase our supply of vaccines, and deliveries jumped threefold, from around 4 million doses in May to almost 12 million arriving in July, then almost 14 million arriving in August, and now running at over 20 million a month until the end of the year, totaling over 170 million doses, far ahead of the goals I had set.

“Similarly, our public health staff worked tirelessly to accelerate vaccinations to support our 120-day goal, and the public gave great cooperation to register for vaccinations. As a result, our daily vaccinations shot up threefold in July, from around 80,000 doses a day in May, and kept increasing until Thailand rose to be among the fastest ten countries in the world for administering shots. We currently frequently administer more than 700,000 shots a day, and sometimes even exceeding one million shots a day.”

“…Our country was one of the first in the world to move quickly and decisively to confront the pandemic. With the collaboration of all sectors of society, and with everyone joining hands to face this crisis together, we have been among the most successful countries in the world in saving lives.”

My fellow citizens, brothers and sisters:

In the last one-and-half years, we have lived with some of the greatest peacetime challenges our country has ever faced in its history, brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic, and one that has left nobody untouched and no country in the world undamaged.

It has been one of the most painful experiences in my life, too: to make decisions that balance the saving of lives with the saving of livelihoods – a choice that is not always clearly separate, and where we may save lives, but commit those lives to the unbearable pain of trying to survive with little or no income; or where we may save livelihoods but commit one’s family, friends and neighbours to loss of life and the loss of their breadwinner.

In facing this terrible choice, it was my decision that we could not allow a slow, wait-and-see approach to confronting the pandemic and let it claim the lives of so many of our countrymen and women, as we, ultimately, saw happen in so many other countries.

As a result, I acted decisively on the advice of many of our outstanding public health experts to make our country one of the first in the world to move quickly with lockdowns and tight regulations.

With the collaboration of all sectors of society, and with everyone joining hands to face this crisis together, we have been among the most successful countries in the world in saving lives.

But it has come at very great sacrifices of lost livelihoods, lost savings, and destroyed businesses – what we have all given up so that our mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, children, friends and neighbours may live for today.

The threat of a large scale, lethal spread of the virus in Thailand is now diminishing, even though the risk of resurgence is always there, and even though there are still serious constraints on our hospital and medical staff capacities.

The time has come for us to ready ourselves to face the coronavirus and live with it as with other endemic infections and diseases, much as we have learnt to live with other diseases with treatments and vaccinations.

Today, I would like to announce the first small but important step in decisively beginning the process of trying to restore our livelihoods.

During the last weeks some of Thailand’s most important tourist source countries have begun to ease their travel restrictions on their citizens – countries like the UK, that now allow convenient travel to our country, as well as countries like Singapore and Australia that have started to ease travel restrictions on their citizens visiting other countries.

With these developments, we must act quickly but still cautiously, and not miss the opportunity to entice some of the year-end and new year holiday season travelers during the next few months to support the many millions of people who earn a living from our tourism, travel and entertainment sectors as well as the many other related sectors.

I have, therefore, instructed the CCSA and the Ministry of Public Health to urgently consider within this week to allow, as of 1st November, international visitors to enter Thailand without any requirement for quarantine if they are fully vaccinated and arrive by air from low-risk countries.

All that visitors will need do is to show that they are COVID-free at their time of travel with an RT-PCR test undertaken before they leave their home country, and do a test in Thailand, after which they will be free to move around Thailand in the same way that any Thai citizen can do.

Initially, we will begin with at least 10 countries on our low-risk, no-quarantine list, including the United Kingdom, Singapore, Germany, China, and the United States of America, and enlarge that list by 1st December, and, by 1st of January move to a very extensive list.

Visitors from countries not on the list, will, of course, still be much welcomed, but with quarantine and other requirements.

By 1st December, we will also consider allowing the consumption of alcoholic beverages in restaurants as well as the operation of entertainment venues under appropriate health precautions to support the revitalization of the tourism and leisure sectors, especially as we approach the new year period.

I know this decision comes with some risk. It is almost certain that we will see a temporary rise in serious cases as we relax these restrictions. We will have to track the situation very carefully, and see how to contain and live with that situation because I do not think that the many millions who depend on the income generated by the travel, leisure and entertainment sector can possibly afford the devastating blow of a second lost new year holiday period.

But if, in the months ahead, we see an unexpected emergence of a highly dangerous new variant of the virus, then, of course, we must also act accordingly and proportionately when we see the threat. We know that this virus has surprised the world several times, and we must be ready for it to do so again.

In mid-June of this year, I had set a 120-day goal for quarantine-free entry into Thailand and to accelerate our vaccinations.

I would like to take this opportunity to recognise the extraordinary achievements of our public health workers, other officials and all citizens for their response to my appeal in June.

After we adopted the 120-day goal, extraordinary efforts were made to increase our supply of vaccines and compete with many other countries to get deliveries. And they were very successful. Our vaccine deliveries jumped threefold, from around 4 million doses in May to almost 12 million in July… then to almost 14 million in August, and will now run at over 20 million a month until the end of the year, totaling over 170 million doses, far ahead of the goals I had set.

Similarly, our public health staff worked tirelessly to accelerate vaccinations to support our 120-day goal, and the public gave great cooperation to register for vaccinations despite the inconveniences that may have been caused in schedulings. As a result, our daily vaccinations, which were running at around 80,000 doses a day in May, shot up immediately. One month after our goal-setting, our public health team tripled the number of shots being administering a day, and they kept increasing that number until Thailand rose to be among the fastest ten countries in the world for administering shots! Currently, they have frequently been administering more than 700,000 shots a day, and sometimes even exceeding one million shots a day.

Shortly after my address to the nation in mid-June setting our goal for quarantine-free entry into zThailand in 120 days, the world was struck by the highly infectious Delta variant. …
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 12, 2021, 6:58 am

The PMs telecast came on slap bang in the middle of my ch 111 yoga class ...but made pleasant listening with what seem like firm dates on ""movement"" n ""improvement " of restrictions... lets hope all goes to plan and safer happier times are ahead ...THE NEW NEW NORMAL.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » October 12, 2021, 10:52 am

english translation of pm tv-speech about Thailand reopening starting November 1:
https://thethaiger.com/news/national/pm ... rT9KxuKxII

"quote"
I have, therefore, instructed the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) and the Ministry of Public Health to urgently consider within this week to allow, as of 1st November, international visitors to enter Thailand without any requirement for quarantine if they are fully vaccinated and arrive by air from low-risk countries.
"unquote"

does this sound like a final decision?
:-k

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 12, 2021, 11:07 am

samuel wrote:
October 12, 2021, 10:52 am
english translation of pm tv-speech about Thailand reopening starting November 1:

"quote"
I have, therefore, instructed the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) and the Ministry of Public Health to urgently consider within this week to allow, as of 1st November, international visitors to enter Thailand without any requirement for quarantine if they are fully vaccinated and arrive by air from low-risk countries.
"unquote"

Unless he changes his mind.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 12, 2021, 3:35 pm

samuel wrote:
October 12, 2021, 10:52 am

"quote"
"unquote"

The PM issued an edict in mid-June that Thailand would reopen in 120 days. Beyond some arched eyebrows in the farang blogosphere and broad skepticism elsewhere, there's been no significant or memorable political or medical opposition to this from Thai sources.

In late September, the PM recommended at pretty short notice that that the ASQ be slashed from 14 to 7 days for those fully vaccinated from 1 October. It happened.

At the same time, he recommended that ASQ be eliminated for the fully vaccinated from 1 November. He is making his case for this again but his delivery of this recommendation is a full two weeks before the usual, month-end 'heads-up' via the CCSA and ahead of the 'rubber stamp' cabinet meeting. It's also unusually heavy on acknowledging the hard work of doctors and health workers as well as the havoc wrought on trade and industry, high unemployment and the significant personal toll on the Thai people themselves. I don't think I have seen any Thai politician addressing the realities in such detail. The usual spiel tends towards simply saying it is what it is and better luck next time rather than openly mentioning these realities and tragedies. This glossing over is no better illustrated by the ritual handing out of blankets after the cold snap or sand bags after the floods. IMHO, beyond the repeated references to 'our' 120 day goal which itself suggests that anyone resisting the implementation is not working in Thailand's best interests, the PM's address is unusually humble in some places.

He made himself the Covid Czar back in March for a reason. He is a deeply unpopular leader and he knows it but sometimes it's good to be the Obergruppenführer.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 12, 2021, 4:03 pm

tamada wrote:
October 12, 2021, 3:35 pm
He is a deeply unpopular leader and he knows it but sometimes it's good to be the Obergruppenführer.
Being popular as a leader is way overrated.
In the same way as being popular as a teacher is not at all the same as being a good teacher.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 14, 2021, 3:40 pm

October 14 Thursday

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/vi ... 5443331887

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » October 15, 2021, 10:05 am

No refunds over jab delivery
PUBLISHED : 15 OCT 2021 AT 06:00

NEWSPAPER SECTION: NEWS

WRITER: POST REPORTERS

The Private Hospitals Association on Thursday said it has no refund policy for people who wish to cancel their Moderna vaccine preorders.

However, they can postpone their vaccine appointment or transfer their doses to other people, it said.

Netizens have expressed disappointment after news broke that the first batch of 1.9 million Moderna vaccine doses is delayed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Some of them have called for the association to issue refunds over the setback, though judging by its reaction, they are out of luck.

The association previously said the first batch would arrive this month.

However, the delivery has been delayed, and it is now expecting to receive the batch next month.

Dr Chalerm Hanpanich, president of the association, which oversees the purchase and distribution of Moderna jabs, broke the news to the public on Thursday.

ZP Therapeutics, a division of Zuellig Pharma, the authorised distributor, said it will deliver 1.9 million Moderna doses next month.

The company said a batch of 6.8 million doses is expected to be delivered in the first quarter of next year.

Because of the delay on the vaccine distributor's side, the association does not know when the vaccine finally will be given to customers, Dr Chalerm said.

With the government preparing to administer booster shots, customers can choose to postpone their jabs or transfer their rights to someone else, he said.

"My customers of about 1 million people don't press for refunds," Dr Chalerm said. "We've made it clear that despite this setback the jabs can be transferred or postponed."

Meanwhile, Sunaiyana Kitkasetpaisan, general manager of ZP Therapeutics, on Thursday said the company has submitted documents to the Thai Food and Drug Administration to register the US-made vaccine to speed up the delivery process.

She said the delivery of the Moderna vaccine is the company's top priority.

The latest update indicated that the first batch will be delivered some time next month, with 100,000–300,000 doses likely to be delivered every following week.

Ms Sunaiyana said the company is likely to be notified a week or two before the delivery is made.

ฟอเร็กซ์เป็นตลาดที่มีสภาพคล่องมากที่สุดและมีขนาดใหญ่ที่สุดในโลก
IC Markets
หายร่วง หายบาง ไม่ต้องปลูกผม แค่ใช้ผักนี้เช้า-เย็น!
Keraden
สุดคุ้ม ประหยัด 50% ช็อปเลย
Tops online
แรง ประหยัด คุ้มค่า นี่คือที่สุดแห่งกระบะของนักสู้ตัวจริง!
Nissan
Do you like the content of this article?
0 102
COMMENT (14)
RECOMMENDED
Two adolescents arrested after violent, lone protest
Nov 1 re-opening of schools still iffy, says governor
New chief brings fresh air into DSI
Bomb damages police vehicle, injures motorcyclist in South
Kids face random testing
Tham Luang cave complex to reopen to tourists Friday

MOST RECENT
THAILAND
Thailand Pass set to replace CoE
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Digital Government Development Agency are developing a new system to replace the certificate of entry (CoE) for Thais and foreigners who wish to enter the country through an airport.

14 Oct 2021

THAILAND
Koh Tao, Phangan ease visitor entry rules
SURAT THANI: Authorities have eased restrictions for people entering Koh Tao and Koh Phangan and they will take effect starting today, said governor Witchawut Jinto.

14 Oct 2021

THAILAND
Four women held, 200kg of ganja seized in Hat Yai
SONGKHLA: Four women have been arrested and 200 kilogrammes of compressed marijuana seized from one of their two vehicles in Hat Yai district.

14 Oct 2021

MORE IN SECTION
RELATED
angkok Post Public Company Limited
THAILAND
General
Politics
Special Report
PR News
WORLD
BUSINESS
OPINION
Columnists
Postbag
SPORTS
AUTO
News
Review
LIFE
Arts & Entertainment
Social & Lifestyle
Guru
B Magazine
LEARNING
VIDEO
Thailand
World
Travel & Lifestyle
TRAVEL
TECH
PROPERTY
PHOTOS
ASIA FOCUS
DIGITAL PRODUCTS & SERVICES
EPaper
SMS
Digital Archive
Property Listings
Jobs
Marketplace
Home Delivery
OTHERS
Campaign
OUR NETWORK
Post Today
Post Books
STAY INFORMED.
GET DAILY UPDATES FROM THE BANGKOK POST.
SUBSCRIBE
By subscribing, you accept the terms and conditions in our privacy policy.

©2021 Bangkok Post Public Company Limited
Terms of use Republishing permission Online advertising Contact us Tell us what you think Partnership
Thailand Web Stat
COMMENT
Readers are urged not to submit comments that may cause legal dispute including slanderous, vulgar or violent language, incorrectly spelt names, discuss moderation action, quotes with no source or anything deemed critical of the monarchy. More information in our terms of use.

VIEW MORE COMMENTS

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » October 15, 2021, 10:13 am

Sorry about the long post re. Moderna Refunds. Tried to edit out all that followed but didn't get it done.
Posted in Bangkokpost at 6:00 am. Looked again later and it was gone but google found it

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 15, 2021, 12:23 pm

Just read this in a Swedish Newspaper..if it falls under "Important Info"i don't know..so feel free to move my post to..??;-)

"The Medical Products Agency has so far received 138 reports of myocarditis for people who have received mRNA vaccine against covid-19. Of these, 84 are about Pfizer and 53 about Moderna".

"Myocarditis (pericarditis) and pericarditis usually go away on their own, but the symptoms need to be assessed by a doctor. The conditions are most common among young men, in connection with, for example, viral infections such as covid-19. In 2019, approximately 300 people under the age of 30 were treated in hospital with myocarditis.

Data point to an increased incidence also in connection with vaccination against covid-19, mainly in adolescents and young adults and mainly in boys and men. For the individual, the risk of being affected is very small, it is a very rare side effect.

New preliminary analyzes from Swedish and Nordic data sources indicate that the connection is especially clear when it comes to Moderna's vaccine Spikevax, especially after the second dose. The increase in risk is seen within four weeks after the vaccination, mainly within the first two weeks.

The Swedish Public Health Agency has decided to recommend a break for all use of Spikevax for people born in 1991 and later. The decision is valid until 1 December 2021. The Swedish Public Health Agency will return with a notice of recommendation after this date.

- We follow the situation closely and act quickly to ensure that vaccinations against covid-19 are always as safe as possible and at the same time provide effective protection against covid-19, says Anders Tegnell, head of department and state epidemiologist at the Swedish Public Health Agency.

People born in 1991 and later who have received a dose of Moderna's vaccine will not be offered a second dose of covid-19 vaccine at present, discussions are ongoing about the best solution for that group. In total, there are about 81,000 people.

For people born in 1991 who have not previously been vaccinated, the Pirizer / Biontech Comirnaty vaccine is recommended as the first and second dose.

- Those who have been vaccinated recently, with their first or second dose of Moderna's vaccine, do not have to worry about the risk is very small, but it is good to know what symptoms you need to be vigilant about, says Anders Tegnell.

Both myocarditis and pericarditis often go away on their own, without causing any lasting problems, but suspicious symptoms should be assessed by a doctor at, for example, a health center or emergency room. Medical treatment and monitoring in hospital may be needed in established cases.

Symptoms of myocarditis and / or pericarditis include:

*Fatigue and shortness of breath
*Irregular heartbeat and palpitations
*Fever and pain in the body
*A feeling of pressure or weight over the chest
*It hurts to breathe deeply
*Pain in the left or middle of the chest"

Source:https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/nyh ... ch-senare/

//Alfie :-)

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 15, 2021, 1:49 pm

October 15 Friday

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/vi ... 020030105/

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » October 16, 2021, 11:01 am

Just received via email

Dear Moderna Vaccine booking recipient (Lot 1)
Bangkok Hospital Udon has created a program for checking the queue for Moderna injections, which are arranged in sequential order of the date and time of payment for the vaccine reservation. Recipients can check the queue order and retrieve the receipt by filling in your order number or deposit number in the fields provided
1. The hospital will send a link to you for the vaccination appointment after the hospital has received a certain date and time for the arrival of the vaccine
2. The vaccine is scheduled for entry from November 2021 through January 2022, divided into rounds. Therefore, it is necessary for the hospital to make appointments for patients to receive injections in the order that has been informed.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 16, 2021, 11:48 am

guess I'll have to dig out my receipts if I can find them. The instructions on registering for their prioritized appointment is a bit confusing..
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 16, 2021, 2:18 pm

Change of procedures for entering the UK.

From 24 October fully vaccinated passengers and most under 18s arriving in England from countries not on the red list can take a cheaper lateral flow test, on or before day 2 of their arrival into the UK. These can be booked from 22 October.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/late ... l-arrivals
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 18, 2021, 2:17 pm

October 18 Monday

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/vi ... 7291695878

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 20, 2021, 3:27 pm

October 20 Wednesday

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/vi ... 3217902531

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 22, 2021, 5:46 pm

October 22 Friday

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/vi ... 7101037864
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 25, 2021, 3:21 pm

October 25 Monday

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/vi ... 6137157417

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”