udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by pal52 » August 31, 2021, 7:29 am

noosard wrote:
August 30, 2021, 8:57 pm
The pfizer given out in Udon of the last week was for any foreigner's
Being over 60 was not a requirement
The youngest I know was someone in their forties
My wife was refused a vaccination because she was not over 60.
We both registered last week at the MOPH

I was given the jab she was told to try again on the next registration.
She has an Indonesian Passport

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 31, 2021, 8:03 am

pal52 wrote:
August 31, 2021, 7:29 am
noosard wrote:
August 30, 2021, 8:57 pm
The pfizer given out in Udon of the last week was for any foreigner's
Being over 60 was not a requirement
The youngest I know was someone in their forties
My wife was refused a vaccination because she was not over 60.
We both registered last week at the MOPH

I was given the jab she was told to try again on the next registration.
She has an Indonesian Passport
That seems very unfair as there were lots n lots of expats under 60 getting jabbed from what i saw .. yes it was predominantly old men which goes with the territory and to be expected but many younger including all genders , i personally know half a dozen who got jabbed who are in their 30s / 40s and without any illness including obesity.

There does seem to be a drive n more urgency to vaccine everyone .. i hope all who want a vac get one ASAP.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » August 31, 2021, 8:34 am

And yet my Thai wife who is a citizen of the US was refused when she presented her US passport. She is over 70 and survived cancer. Their reasoning is that she entered Thailand using her Thai passport.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 31, 2021, 8:52 am

ladda3904 wrote:
August 31, 2021, 8:34 am
And yet my Thai wife who is a citizen of the US was refused when she presented her US passport. She is over 70 and survived cancer. Their reasoning is that she entered Thailand using her Thai passport.
they check for visas , didn't take a photo but did look at it. strange that they didn't put her in the queue for the other vaccines though as she is obviously a thai and meets the criteria. the good news i suppose is as she came on her thai passport she at least doesn't have to go through the thai visa headache, but they should have offered her an alternative vaccine.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 31, 2021, 9:22 am

You know all those rushing about to get a vaccine, why did they NOT register on Expatvaccine, websire, offered by the Govt to register, I got my message, no running about. Seems silly to me people moaning when there was an EASY option.

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » August 31, 2021, 12:59 pm

The procedure to get Pfizer on the 23rd at Uni was totally different than the procedure on the 25th. I was told no one had to go upstairs to get the shot on the 23rd. I now know of three farangs who already had Sinovac and got the first Pfizer dose on the 23rd, and were given appointment slips to return for the second Pfizer on September 13.

I had Sinovac and got the first Pfizer on the 25th, when they had everyone proceed to different stations, including upstairs to get the jab, and then after the monitoring period, stop at the final station to turn in your paperwork and get an appointment slip.

That's when things went south for me and they wouldn't give me an appointment slip for the second Pfizer. Hence, I still have my paperwork.
1.jpg
If I have to travel, I suppose I could laminate the docs showing I got Sinovac and one Pfizer, and hope for the best.
Attachments
2.jpg
The best gadget is the human brain.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 31, 2021, 1:04 pm

my Thai wife who is a citizen of the US ... entered Thailand using her Thai passport.
They'll give a free Pfizer vaccine to a healthy Thai 20-year-old who has plans to vacation somewhere that shot is required, and deny it to a 70-year old Thai citizen?

Thai logic. Gotta laugh. :lol:
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » September 1, 2021, 10:19 am

A new Covid variant found in Columbia. BKK Post

https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/21746 ... t-named-mu

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 1, 2021, 10:54 am

May be of interest to some: vaccination stats (first dose/second dose/third dose)
Health Care workers (I'd guess - the professionals) 99%/94/78
Volunteer health workers 76/43
Age 60+ 22/8
Chronically ill 46/17
Front line workers (like those at the checkpoints) 53/32
Rest of population 14/7
Attachments
240941199_2737058299926674_8076172356230497053_n.jpg

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 1, 2021, 2:51 pm

Thai Government presentation in English (Facebook)
September 1 Wednesday

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/vi ... 5253396681

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 1, 2021, 7:33 pm

The British Embassy Bangkok's vaccine updates will be moving to general online access rather than email subscription. Here's their latest update that includes details of the move as well as detailing the ongoing vaccination torpor in the land of toothless government censure debates.
British Embassy vaccine update 1 September 2021.pdf
(134.7 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » September 2, 2021, 7:50 am

Statistics about foreigners who were vaccinated with Pfizer between 9-26 August 2021
Source: FB Richard Borrow in Thailand September 1, 2021
240594006_401535177999418_3612278595109874550_n.jpg

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 2, 2021, 8:05 am

Thanks Sam ... interesting data though i note they excluded the 60yrs n over for some reason (bottom right corner on your chart)

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 2, 2021, 8:35 am

but the chart specifically lists "elderly" which the MOPH classifies as over 60..

Interesting that more expats didn't take advantage of this opportunity. The U.S. Embassy estimates 40,000 U.S. citizens reside in Thailand but no breakdown on age or number of dual nationals. So based on extrapolating the 2.3% of foreigners whove gotten the jab I reckon the Thai government figures they've got over 500K expats in Thailand...
Dave

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 2, 2021, 8:49 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
September 2, 2021, 8:35 am

Interesting that more expats didn't take advantage of this opportunity.
A large number of Farang here went down the SinoVac - AZ path administered at the Ban Dung Hospital and those, who I spoken to, have either pre paid for Moderna (to use later as a booster) or just not real interested in getting the Pfizer as well.

I guess this situation makes it harder to get accurate data on the numbers with regard to Farang.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 2, 2021, 10:32 am

Thanks, Sam, for that chart. I'd guess the MOPH will provide more updated info as vaccinations continue. I'd be interested in Udon data.....if anyone has a friend or a friend of a friend in the Health Office.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 2, 2021, 10:59 am

Have been reading ( scanned only ) about a NEW Variant emerging in the WEestern WEorld, predominately in S America but is is moving, exact characteristics as yet not fully plotted, but might be of concern as they think if I remember correctly more likely not to be challenged by the latest Vaccines hence a worry.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 3, 2021, 11:46 am

The newly identified variant of the SARS-CoV-2 virus first emerged in South Africa last May as a potential variant of interest (VOIC). C.1.2 has been described as the "most mutated so far" with changes to genetic code that could make it more transmissible and potentially more dangerous. Even more worryingly, the coronavirus has already been identified in a handful of countries outside of Africa, including the UK.

According to a report pre-published on the medRxiv server, C.1.2 boasts a mutation rate of about 41.8 mutations per year - nearly twice the rate of any other variant of concern (VOC).

The variant likely emerged in a major metropolitan area in South Africa during the first wave of the pandemic.

C.1.2 has since spread to multiple provinces and picked up a number of worrying mutations along the way.

When the coronavirus replicates within a host's body, there is a small chance genetic changes in the virus's code will occur.

The changes could make the virus more docile or more transmissible, as was the case with the Delta variant first identified in India.

a person wearing a mask: South African man receiving a Covid vaccine© GETTY South African man receiving a Covid vaccine

According to Ian M. Mackay, an Associate Professor at the Faculty of Medicine at The University of Queensland, C.1.2 describes a cluster of viruses with a similar genetic makeup, rather than a single mutated strain of SARS-CoV-2.

He explained: "[Viruses] continually evolve and mutate due to selective pressures but also because of opportunity, luck and chance.

"C.1.2 has some concerning individual mutations. But we don't really know how they'll work together as a package.

"And it's too early to tell how these variants will affect humans compared with other variants."

The expert added there is no need to panic at present, as it has not spread widely yet.

So far, the variant has been identified in eight countries outside of South Africa.

Coronavirus C.1.2 variant mapped out© EXPRESS Coronavirus C.1.2 variant mapped out
In South Africa, the scientists behind the report said it has spread "across the majority" of the country's provinces.

But the number of infected is low - C.1.2 only accounted for about two percent of all analysed coronavirus genomes in July.

The paper's authors wrote: "The C.1.2 lineage was first detected in the Mpumalanga and Gauteng provinces of South Africa, in May 2021.

"June 2021, it was also detected in the KwaZulu-Natal and Limpopo provinces of South Africa as well as in England and China."

As of August 13, it has been detected in six out of nine South African provinces.

Outside of South Africa, the variant has been found in England, Switzerland, Portugal, China, Botswana, New Zealand, Mauritius and the Democratic People's Republic of Congo.

But it is still unclear how the mutations will behave and what sort of impact - if any - they will have on the pandemic.

Professor Mackay said: "At this stage we don't know enough about how C.1.2 behaves in humans because it hasn't spread enough yet.

"It represents less than five percent of new cases in South Africa, and has only been found in around 100 Covid cases worldwide since May."

He added: "It's early days, so it's impossible to predict what will happen to C.1.2.

"It could expand and overtake other variants, or it could fizzle and disappear."

The variant hasn't yet been listed by the World Health Organization as VOC.

And WHO spokesperson Margaret Harris told a U N briefing yesterday that it "does not appear to be increasing in circulation".
For the time being, the Delta variant remains the biggest threat to world security.
Maria Van Kerkhove, an Infectious Disease Epidemiologist with the WHO, has confirmed about 100 infections of C.1.2 worldwide so far.
She tweeted on August 30: "At this time, C.1.2 does not appear to be in [rising] circulation, but we need more sequencing to be conducted and shared globally.

"Delta appears dominant from available sequences."

But C.1.2 is being closely monitored for warning signs, in case it begins to spread more widely.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”