udonmap.com

Re: Covit-19 local fatality?

Post by tamada » March 8, 2020, 10:56 am

Whistler wrote:
March 8, 2020, 10:38 am
Doodoo wrote:
March 8, 2020, 7:36 am
DM

During these time it is dangerous, oh so dangerous to post here items that are Rumors. Rumors are items that are not confirmed. Rumors will send people into the streets screaming for god nows what.
By putting up rumors panic will start such as we see happening in Aust USA over Toilet Paper for an example. The word gets out and look at what happens. In 1999 I was in a shop and shelves were empty I asked what was going on and the clerk said, Water I cant keep the shelves stocked with water and we were only 3 blocks from the largest fresh water Lake in the world . This was once again Panic buying due to rumors.
You wont let go with your lecturing will you doodoo. Begs the question that you don't understand the difference between 'credible sources' and 'rumours.

'Credible sources' and credible claims are ones that are unbiased as well as supported with evidence to the legitimacy of the source and claim without conflicting information'. I would suggest that the quoted source as being a Dr. well known to our family that works at the hospital, qualifies as being 'credible source'. That source was also quuoted.

'Runour' a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

Thanks to Mr Google for the definitions.
“The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on.”

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 8, 2020, 11:31 am

Tamada,

Totally agree
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 8, 2020, 12:15 pm

wrong link

Good factual advice
Last edited by Whistler on March 8, 2020, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 8, 2020, 2:16 pm

Whistler
Best look at your posting
What has a Green Motorbike for sale on Facebook gotta do with Covit-19?
Unless one needs the bike to get out of Thailand

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 13, 2020, 1:58 pm

parrot wrote:
March 8, 2020, 9:15 am
Panic buying due to rumors or panic buying in anticipation. I guess it's how you look at it. If other countries were to mirror the Chinese way of quarantine, then panic buying IMO would not necessarily be a bad thing.

Back in the daze of living in Okinawa during typhoon season, I was advised to stock up on plenty of liquor as we'd be confined to our barracks if the storm made a direct hit. And during my first year in Okinawa, sure enough, we were confined to the barracks for a few days. Words of wisdom from airmen who had been through a few storms.
I agree. I have noticed that some panic buying has started where I am, but it seems to be confined to buying all the hand sanitizer, antiseptic soaps and disinfectant lotions have very quickly disappeared, these also be the more expensive one. So I simply bought a bottle of Dettol. :confused:

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Covit-19 non-fatality in NBLP?

Post by tamada » March 21, 2020, 4:00 pm

https://covidtracker.5lab.co/en
covid5.jpg
(Confirm) On 20 March 63, the Covid-19 Center in Nong Bua Lamphu has 1 additional patient awaiting the results of the confirmed results. 86 surveillance today, over 30 surveillance periods.

https://www.facebook.com/19577715644841 ... 972104430/

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 21, 2020, 4:37 pm

It was inevitable it would pop up eventually, tamada, but I doubt if this is the same case given the timing unless the tests are taking forever. Sadly this virus has reached Issan, and while we would have heard all sorts of wild rumours in the past few weeks, I have no doubt we will see official confirmation of other cases.

My home is in lockdown, staying in the village, no drinks with my golfing mates, no playing cards, minimal travel locally, zero business trips. Within two weeks we may have a better perception but I think voluntary lockdowns are about the only thing we can do to slow the spread.

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » March 21, 2020, 4:43 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
March 13, 2020, 1:58 pm
parrot wrote:
March 8, 2020, 9:15 am
Panic buying due to rumors or panic buying in anticipation. I guess it's how you look at it. If other countries were to mirror the Chinese way of quarantine, then panic buying IMO would not necessarily be a bad thing.

Back in the daze of living in Okinawa during typhoon season, I was advised to stock up on plenty of liquor as we'd be confined to our barracks if the storm made a direct hit. And during my first year in Okinawa, sure enough, we were confined to the barracks for a few days. Words of wisdom from airmen who had been through a few storms.
I agree. I have noticed that some panic buying has started where I am, but it seems to be confined to buying all the hand sanitizer, antiseptic soaps and disinfectant lotions have very quickly disappeared, these also be the more expensive one. So I simply bought a bottle of Dettol. :confused:

www.facebook.com/pages/Forte-Udon/1261934860595032
I bought hand sanitizer, 70% alcohol, at Forte two days ago. There was plenty on display.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Re: Covit-19 non-fatality in NBLP?

Post by Raoul Duke » March 21, 2020, 4:52 pm

tamada wrote:
March 21, 2020, 4:00 pm
https://covidtracker.5lab.co/en

covid5.jpg

(Confirm) On 20 March 63, the Covid-19 Center in Nong Bua Lamphu has 1 additional patient awaiting the results of the confirmed results. 86 surveillance today, over 30 surveillance periods.

https://www.facebook.com/19577715644841 ... 972104430/
I was informed approx 80-100 little ghosts are back here in Nong Bua Lumphu,Loei and Khon Kaen.
For the first few days when they returned (here at least in Nong Bua Lumphu) apparently they went gallivanting around the villages to show their gold and new noses.drinking,eating,etc.....
I have noticed several ladies of little ghost appearance around the last three days.
I have been advised that they were working in Korea.
Voiceover for hire.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 22, 2020, 4:32 pm

We offer two services COVIT ST and COVIT LT

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 23, 2020, 7:49 pm

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-r ... on-sunday/

Fascinated with the third paragraph of this report.

how could we have an infection from contact with somebody from Nong Bua Lamphu, if nobody in Nong Bua Lamphu had COVIT 19?

it takes at least 5 days for symptoms to show, so the infection presumably was transmitted some time prior to March 18. Another poster on this forum called the hospital who refused to deny a local infection at the hospital.

Something in the air is whiffy.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 24, 2020, 6:10 am

the maths
hard to get to 188

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 24, 2020, 2:11 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 23, 2020, 7:49 pm
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-r ... on-sunday/

Fascinated with the third paragraph of this report.

how could we have an infection from contact with somebody from Nong Bua Lamphu, if nobody in Nong Bua Lamphu had COVIT 19?

it takes at least 5 days for symptoms to show, so the infection presumably was transmitted some time prior to March 18. Another poster on this forum called the hospital who refused to deny a local infection at the hospital.

Something in the air is whiffy.
Q: How was there suddenly a +ve infection in Kut Chap when nobody in Kut Chap had Covid-19?

A: A cop who comes from Kut Chap caught it in Bangkok and brought it home on the bus.

Fascinating stuff, eh?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 24, 2020, 2:21 pm

The source of the Kut Chap infections is now public knowledge, the source of all the NBLP infections is not. One is a person who traveled from BKK, but others were acquired from local sources several days ago and are not connected to the BKK returnee.

Two different scenarios, but a nice try

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 24, 2020, 2:47 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 24, 2020, 2:21 pm
The source of the Kut Chap infections is now public knowledge, the source of all the NBLP infections is not. One is a person who traveled from BKK, but others were acquired from local sources several days ago and are not connected to the BKK returnee.

Two different scenarios, but a nice try
Your question was pretty basic how could this NBLP infection happen. Regardless of what is in the public domain or otherwise, I offered that it was highly likely done the same way as the Kut Chap infection. Someone traveling.

Before the covid tracking site disappeared, the confirmed NBLP infections were already linked in the public domain to the Lumpini 'superspreader' event.

Your fatality/slash infection never happened. It was idle gossip hearsay and rumor. Like the sort that is currently a hot topic in our moobahn that there's suddenly three +ve Covid's in the next Soi and the they worked at Global and Index Mall and HomePro and that's why those stores are closed!!!!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 24, 2020, 3:31 pm

The locals do eat bats and other wild life
Possibility start from a feed infected
Did in China so they say

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 25, 2020, 9:55 am

^ My wife's 7 year-old nephew just made 120 baht by selling a bag of field lizards and geckos he caught to a purveyor of Isaan bush tucker at the local market. None of the parties involved have any Chinese ethnicity.

Gotta say the entrepreneurs start young here.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 25, 2020, 10:06 am

Nothing wrong with that Good for him

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 7, 2020, 9:17 am

An update for what it is worth.

I was back in the Dr's clinic yesterday evening.

He explained why there was no official report. The only place tests were being carried out was at Udon, This patient died so was never transferred or tested, but had recently returned from Wuhan. The death was attributed to pneumonia. There are now a number of confirmed cases at NBLP hospital.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 7, 2020, 9:22 am

Whistler wrote:
April 7, 2020, 9:17 am
An update for what it is worth.

I was back in the Dr's clinic yesterday evening.

He explained why there was no official report. The only place tests were being carried out was at Udon, This patient died so was never transferred or tested, but had recently returned from Wuhan. The death was attributed to pneumonia. There are now a number of confirmed cases at NBLP hospital.
Exactly what i suggested on another thread . Cause of death pneumonia . One of hundreds i suspect .
Believe the official figures at your own peril .

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”