Covit-19 local fatality?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Covit-19 local fatality?

Post by Whistler » March 4, 2020, 6:11 pm

Wife took neighbor to a local Dr. as she has an infection of some type. Dr works at Nong Bua Lamphu hospital during the day. He told neighbor that there has been one death from virus in the hospital.

From this source I think it is worth publicizing, especially as there is a lot of reporting about area health staff being ordered not to make any public reports about cases of Covit-19 by orders from Bangkok.

I wish the government was open and honest with the public, I am loath to spread rumours, but if we cannot get the facts from the government, we need to be alert and as informed as possible.

I have no way of cross referencing this snippet. Does anybody here know people working at that hospital to verify this?

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

747man
udonmap.com

Re: Covit-19 local fatality?

Post by 747man » March 4, 2020, 7:30 pm

Why WOULD A Doctor tell A Stranger about ANYTHING Like this ??

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » March 4, 2020, 7:46 pm

I thought it was unusual that Macro suddenly started doing temperature checks on people entering the store and insisting they used free hand cleaning gel.
You were not allowed in if you had a high temp.
They also have a outlet in Nong Bua Lampu

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 4, 2020, 7:59 pm

pal52 wrote:
March 4, 2020, 7:46 pm
I thought it was unusual that Macro suddenly started doing temperature checks on people entering the store and insisting they used free hand cleaning gel.
They ( Makro ) were doing it at their Nong Khai Store Today......My Temp was 36c So Normal..... =; =;

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 4, 2020, 8:00 pm

pal52 wrote:
They ( Makro ) were doing it at their Nong Khai Store Today......My Temp was 36c So Normal..... =; =;

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 4, 2020, 8:03 pm

pal52 wrote:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 4, 2020, 8:04 pm

Makro Nong Khai were doing it Today.....My Temp was 36c So He Said O.K You can go in & Spend Yer Money....555 !!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 4, 2020, 8:05 pm

If you have to verify something you have heard,ITS IS A Rumor and it is dangerous to repeat in writing or verbally

Whether the government says 3 are sick or 3,000 it makes no difference as we as individuals can do nothing about it

As soon as someone reports an ill person or a death at a certain facility people will stay away from it. Then we have individuals staying out in the community and possibly infecting others because they wont go to the Hospital for treatment

So, please please dont ask here or anywhere else to confirm rumors

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 4, 2020, 8:05 pm

If you have to verify something you have heard,ITS IS A Rumor and it is dangerous to repeat in writing or verbally

Whether the government says 3 are sick or 3,000 it makes no difference as we as individuals can do nothing about it

As soon as someone reports an ill person or a death at a certain facility people will stay away from it. Then we have individuals staying out in the community and possibly infecting others because they wont go to the Hospital for treatment

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 4, 2020, 8:06 pm

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 4, 2020, 9:18 pm

Doodoo,

Read my message and stop preaching. The source is not a Facebook post or anything near it. My source is my wife who is no fool. I added my own reservations about the post but decided on balance that it was worthwhile. I don't need some sanctimonious pratt telling me what to do.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 4, 2020, 9:54 pm

747man wrote:
March 4, 2020, 7:30 pm
Why WOULD A Doctor tell A Stranger about ANYTHING Like this ??
747man. If you look at the history, a Dr in China tried to expose the existence of the virus and was arrested by the police he subsequentially died from the virus. I think it is understandable that a Dr with ethics who is being gagged would want the story to be told.

An area health official in Phuket was told he was not allowed to provide statistics on the prevalence of the virus, this was reported by the mainstream press including the Bangkok Post, so there is a cover-up.

Based on a statement made by a Dr, very close to home, I repeated his statement. Did I hear it with my own ears, No, but very close to home, and in my judgement credible.

please don't shoot the messenger.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 4, 2020, 9:57 pm

Whistler
Thanks for the response
The concern maybe valid BUT your presentation Sucks Sh-t

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 4, 2020, 10:17 pm

The OP claims to be "loath to spread rumours" but then chooses to do so anyway prefaced by his own fanciful conceit that "there is a lot of reporting about area health staff being ordered not to make any public reports about cases of Covit-19 by orders from Bangkok."

So, unless you can come up with a citation for the above claim, this is more of a case of one totally unfounded rumor bolstering another unsubstantiated rumor.

As for the statement, "if we cannot get the facts from the government, we need to be alert and as informed as possible." Yes, be alert and informed by all means but this does not mean repeating totally unsubstantiated rumor and hearsay.

Listen to doodoo and stop scaremongering. Your repeated belief in conspiracy theories is laughable.

BTW, if your wife is running sick people to hospital in these challenging times, your claim that she's no fool is all rather questionable.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 4, 2020, 10:40 pm

from the attached link (https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-re ... -74727.php),

I quote "officials were not authorised to give any such updates....."

That is not a conspiracy theory, it is a documented fact. I might add that the directive is from public relations, not department of health, so it is being controlled by PR not the department itself. Duh!

What is more, my wife and I WILL continue helping our neighbours if they need such help, that is not irresponsible, it is being considerate.

I await your apology Tamada

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » March 4, 2020, 11:47 pm

<< What is more, my wife and I WILL continue helping our neighbours if they need such help, that is not irresponsible, it is being considerate. >>
I would call this having COMPASSION..... for others.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 5, 2020, 12:23 am

The first link below talks about virus rumors in Udon......may not be related to the op's story from Nongbualamphu.
The second link is the Thai Department of Disease Control page as of 4 March. A few thoughts: as with following immigration rules, the rule of thumb seems to be - follow the official rules rather than the rumor mill. It doesn't matter much (to me) if there are reported cases in a particular province.......it matters (to me) that the virus is in the country. Gazillions of people traveling everyday by bus/train/plain/songtaew are going to spread the virus from one area to another.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 3340585315

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/index.php

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 5, 2020, 6:43 am

It’s probably not the brightest of ideas to call the Government liars, they take a pretty dim view of such outpourings, you might get the owner of the forum into hot water and the the question begs as to what benefit would hiding the truth have?

Take a note of the article on the right hand side from the Bangkok Post.
Attachments
A3AD8BD1-17F7-4BB4-B7DF-B42F5E00994E.png
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 5, 2020, 8:22 am

I hear what you are saying Vince, thanks.

There is a good reason to hide the truth, Chinese tourism is a major part of Thai economy. I suspect that is why up until now, Thailands response has been crafted to avoid upsetting China

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 5, 2020, 10:29 am

tamada wrote:
March 4, 2020, 10:17 pm

Listen to doodoo and stop scaremongering. Your repeated belief in conspiracy theories is laughable.
Sure Tamada you are spot on, the government is being oh so open with the public, It's only a rumour, until you in your infinite wisdom declare it otherwise.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/national- ... -75124.php

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”