Covit-19 local fatality?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Covit-19 local fatality?

Post by stattointhailand » March 6, 2020, 10:38 pm

Guys , this virus is bad enough as it is without letting our petty quarrels interfere. Given that the vast majority of members of this and other local forums are of an age that make us more vulnerable, is there any chance that we can all put our differences aside for a while and all try to pull in the direction of trying to help each other so as everyone comes out of this alive ........... Please

neeemu
udonmap.com

Post by neeemu » March 6, 2020, 10:50 pm

Petty quarrels are what UdonMap seems to be for these days.
I suppose grumpy old gadgies need an outlet.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 7, 2020, 6:01 am

neeemu wrote:
March 6, 2020, 10:50 pm
Petty quarrels are what UdonMap seems to be for these days.
I suppose grumpy old gadgies need an outlet.
It's a shame that some on here seem to think it is appropriate to attack any poster they disagree with. It seems to be a sad but persistent feature.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 7, 2020, 7:01 am

stattointhailand wrote:
March 6, 2020, 10:38 pm
Guys , this virus is bad enough as it is without letting our petty quarrels interfere. Given that the vast majority of members of this and other local forums are of an age that make us more vulnerable, is there any chance that we can all put our differences aside for a while and all try to pull in the direction of trying to help each other so as everyone comes out of this alive ........... Please
Exactly. It's likely that some readers are going to die from this virus. The farang population in Thailand is vulnerable because of its age, health issues, distance from first world health systems and for some unhealthy lifestyle (e.g. excessive consumption of booze). This virus is serious shxt for a gent in his 70s with health issues.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 7, 2020, 8:23 am

A few thoughts from across the pond (Pacific Ocean):
South by Southwest Conference in Austin, Tx cancelled.......generates about $350million per year into the local economy.

Airlines in the US starting to be affected.....United cutting flights 10%....that was a few days ago

Talking with the locals, you get two takes on the virus: One is genuinely concerned, worried about schools closing, effect on spring break plans with their families, worried that the government isn't doing enough. These are what I'd classify as those who follow main stream media. The other, not concerned, comparing the few cases of the virus to the thousands of flu cases. Believe the government is doing enough (Fox).
I liken it to the two takes on climate change: one believers (main stream), one non believers (Fox).

Lastly, I'm figuring a 50%+ chance that our return flight will be affected......perhaps cancelled outright. A commentator on TV last night advised travelers to be prepared to encounter travel problems......probably really good advice for anyone on a cruise ship these days, but might be good advice for anyone away from their home.

Most all the big stores now offering hand wipes as you enter and exit. A week ago, most stores didn't offer any, even hand sanitizer gel.

The good news is we're both in good health. The bad news, we're both over 60, well over, and most advisories headline the bigger effect on those over 60.

That's all to report from the US.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » March 7, 2020, 9:01 am

Good day Mr Parrot.... Where is your transit point ? Tokyo ? Taipei ? Hong Kong ?
Have a safe, pleasant return.
Thanks.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 7, 2020, 9:06 am

the-monk wrote:
March 7, 2020, 9:01 am
Good day Mr Parrot.... Where is your transit point ? Tokyo ? Taipei ? Hong Kong ?
Have a safe, pleasant return.
Thanks.
Chicago, Tokyo, Bangkok.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 7, 2020, 9:06 am

I read that the aisle seats are riskier than the window seats.

I booked some international travel in January for late May and chose aisle seats. :(

I was just in the supermarket in Auckland at 2 pm and in place the shelves were empty. The food hoarders are out in force. :lol:

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 7, 2020, 9:26 am

On March 6, 2563 Colonel Phithak Chan Green, Deputy Commander of the 24th Army County, joined the public health office, Udon Thani Province, meeting to discuss and check the area to prepare to support Thai workers in udon thani province that traveled from South Korea for Covid-19 virus surveillance by checking the flat building of the 1th Infantry Battalion, 13th Infantry Regiment and 13th Artillery Battalion, 3th Artillery Regiment.
https://www.facebook.com/homenewsch1/

I now some people on this forum will recognize this place.
Attachments
88996919_2731743940236909_2469979024131096576_n.jpg

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 7, 2020, 9:27 am

On March 6, 2563 Colonel Phithak Chan Green, Deputy Commander of the 24th Army County, joined the public health office, Udon Thani Province, meeting to discuss and check the area to prepare to support Thai workers in udon thani province that traveled from South Korea for Covid-19 virus surveillance by checking the flat building of the 1th Infantry Battalion, 13th Infantry Regiment and 13th Artillery Battalion, 3th Artillery Regiment.
https://www.facebook.com/homenewsch1/

I now some people on this forum will recognize this place.

Sorry, dupe post
Attachments
88996919_2731743940236909_2469979024131096576_n.jpg
Last edited by parrot on March 7, 2020, 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: duplicate post

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 7, 2020, 1:14 pm

Whilst one is yet to see if the situation improves over the next few months (i.e. spread of the virus slows down), some Airlines (one so far, maybe two, have already) are electing to impose their own individual restrictions on Passenger, with regards to whether they will accept Passengers of certain Nationalities. It may be that the Airline simply elects,
"Not to accept a Passenger who has very recently flown out of a certain Hub City and who then wishes to transfer onto that particular Airline(say passenger who originates from a Country where the virus is an ongoing issue of significance) thus limiting which passengers can fly with and or transfer onto that particular Airline"

I am talking about Airlines also enforcing conditions as opposed to Governments imposing conditions.

It will interesting to see how this effects future bookings and travel plans of individuals in the months to come, say if one just happens to be flying back from a Country where virus has a high level of infection in that Countries and or is getting higher at that particular time. You may well find that the Airline itself then imposes a restriction of your travel plan or even your ability to return home.

Extract:
For passengers from China, Iran, South Korea and Italy, the national airline, said that only those with onward connections through ..................... Airport will be accepted for travel. National's are exempted from the above-mentioned decision, however, they (Nationals) will be asked to stay in a quarantine facility for 14 days (presumably after they embark at home) per the WHO measures.

All passengers arriving from Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore will be screened and those displaying disease symptoms will be taken for further testing? (Possibly being Quarantine, if indicating a positive result)

................Airline, is prohibited from carrying all passengers from ............. via any intermediate point(s), including those who are in possession of a ..............Residency Permit.

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » March 7, 2020, 1:55 pm

More data.
Attachments
Carona 3.jpeg

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 7, 2020, 2:51 pm

Parrot's eye sight won't be up for that. Hopefully he finds a link to get a better look. If I was living in Udon I'd have my translator's hat on. I can perhaps read 50% of it but I need my dictionary.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 7, 2020, 6:01 pm

noosard wrote:
March 6, 2020, 5:43 pm
If a patient had the virus locally and died at a hospital
One would think there would be others that are sick and sharing the virus
Which would make a hotspot that would standout like a sore thumb
Especially since that unlucky person would have been sick for sometime before been quarantined
Asymptomatic.

google is your friend.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 7, 2020, 11:19 pm

GT93 wrote:
March 7, 2020, 2:51 pm
Parrot's eye sight won't be up for that. Hopefully he finds a link to get a better look. If I was living in Udon I'd have my translator's hat on. I can perhaps read 50% of it but I need my dictionary.
Ok, that sounds like a challenge.

The photo is the 6 March 08.00 announcement from the Ministry of Health for Udon concerning COVID 19:
(As of 6 Mar), there's been no increase in cases.
36 people were checked
35 people were negative results
1 person is awaiting results

As I understand the map: As of 5 Mar, 372 people who have traveled to risky areas have been observed. 123 have been tested, and 249 area being monitored with no results.
The yellow areas show less than 20people surveilled in 11 districts
The orange, 21-40 people surveilled, 6 districts
The red, more than 40 surveilled in 3 districts: Nonghan, Ban Dung, Kumpawaphi

Crossword for the day complete.
Surveillance of people from risky areas (พืนที่เสี่ยง) 372 people over 14 days.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 8, 2020, 12:54 am

SO might i ask has this LOCAL Corona virus via NBPL hospital been confirmed ?? or is it just more fake scare news sh8t from some one who told some one they heard it from someone .

Just sayin as nothing in the Thai media to confirm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 8, 2020, 6:02 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 8, 2020, 12:54 am
SO might i ask has this LOCAL Corona virus via NBPL hospital been confirmed ?? or is it just more fake scare news sh8t from some one who told some one they heard it from someone .

Just sayin as nothing in the Thai media to confirm
I scoured the local media reports, several about NBLP. In Jan a 26 year old who had returned from Wuhan was admitted in the Noon Sang (โนนสัง) hospital which is the SE most district in NBLP. She had flu like symptoms but was treated and feeling better. I didn't find anything that confirms she actually had the virus.
I SUSPECT.....that around the same time, NBLP hospital was undergoing training and briefings about COVID. One gate was closed off to limit multiple access to the hospital. As a result of that and the news (several online government reports about the Wuhan patient) got the wheels going on an actual case in NBLP.
That said, I can only say what's been reported in a variety of government websites.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 8, 2020, 7:36 am

DM

During these time it is dangerous, oh so dangerous to post here items that are Rumors. Rumors are items that are not confirmed. Rumors will send people into the streets screaming for god nows what.
By putting up rumors panic will start such as we see happening in Aust USA over Toilet Paper for an example. The word gets out and look at what happens. In 1999 I was in a shop and shelves were empty I asked what was going on and the clerk said, Water I cant keep the shelves stocked with water and we were only 3 blocks from the largest fresh water Lake in the world . This was once again Panic buying due to rumors.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 8, 2020, 9:15 am

Panic buying due to rumors or panic buying in anticipation. I guess it's how you look at it. If other countries were to mirror the Chinese way of quarantine, then panic buying IMO would not necessarily be a bad thing.

Back in the daze of living in Okinawa during typhoon season, I was advised to stock up on plenty of liquor as we'd be confined to our barracks if the storm made a direct hit. And during my first year in Okinawa, sure enough, we were confined to the barracks for a few days. Words of wisdom from airmen who had been through a few storms.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 8, 2020, 10:38 am

Doodoo wrote:
March 8, 2020, 7:36 am
DM

During these time it is dangerous, oh so dangerous to post here items that are Rumors. Rumors are items that are not confirmed. Rumors will send people into the streets screaming for god nows what.
By putting up rumors panic will start such as we see happening in Aust USA over Toilet Paper for an example. The word gets out and look at what happens. In 1999 I was in a shop and shelves were empty I asked what was going on and the clerk said, Water I cant keep the shelves stocked with water and we were only 3 blocks from the largest fresh water Lake in the world . This was once again Panic buying due to rumors.
You wont let go with your lecturing will you doodoo. Begs the question that you don't understand the difference between 'credible sources' and 'rumours.

'Credible sources' and credible claims are ones that are unbiased as well as supported with evidence to the legitimacy of the source and claim without conflicting information'. I would suggest that the quoted source as being a Dr. well known to our family that works at the hospital, qualifies as being 'credible source'. That source was also quuoted.

'Runour' a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

Thanks to Mr Google for the definitions.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”