Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

747man
udonmap.com

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by 747man » January 27, 2020, 10:59 am

Latest Numbers in China.....80 Dead, 2,700 Infected....Health Ministry says " It's worse than SARS " The way it is spreading !!

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » January 27, 2020, 2:48 pm

Per The Washington Times:
"The deadly animal virus epidemic spreading globally may have originated in a Wuhan laboratory linked to China’s covert biological weapons program."

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » January 27, 2020, 5:39 pm

And what does the Tourist Minister in Thailand say....Come and spend your money here..

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » January 27, 2020, 5:55 pm

dragonz wrote:
January 27, 2020, 9:26 am
jai yen yen wrote:
January 27, 2020, 5:26 am
Very sad but he is telling the truth, China needs to make a major overhaul to it's ways.
I have been sick for a week with a bad cough and a very bad throat ,very painfull . But no temperature
My son who is in year 5 at christian school was told to stay home today as he and 1 friend are the only ones not sick in his class I assume it is just a type of flu virus.School have said nothing .
I do not understand why there is not more info on the symptoms and treatment if you suspect you have the virus . very little info given out . I had to google it to find the info . Should be all over the news , what to look out for and what to do
Turns out they wanted to disinfect the classroom . I have a friend who is a nurse in nong khai hospital . She says there is also an asian flu going round which makes things worse

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 28, 2020, 5:46 am

Coronvirus is in Bordeaux and I'm there tomorrow night. :shock: :(
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » January 28, 2020, 9:36 am

Earnest wrote:
January 28, 2020, 5:46 am
Coronvirus is in Bordeaux and I'm there tomorrow night. :shock: :(
Strange name for a suburb of Bordeaux!

My son tells me that one of the main hospitals in Leeds was closed down on Friday following a suspected outbreak. Separate source said same for one in London.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 28, 2020, 10:27 am

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 28, 2020, 2:12 pm

Researchers to study Thai bat species’ ability to carry novel coronavirus https://bit.ly/38HYXMW #ThailandNews

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 28, 2020, 6:18 pm

Apparently there are another 6 new cases confirmed by the PM a short while ago.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/01/28/t ... ronavirus/
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » January 28, 2020, 8:25 pm

This dangerous flu virus is undoubtedly being spread and likely to be soon found in your community.

So what are you going to do as there is no available medication for prevention, such as:
a. greatly restrict your movements among the public,
b. wear a face mask which has doubtful effectiveness,
c. remove your children from school and severely limit their social activities,
d. sanitize your mail, newspaper, etc. by microwaving them,
e. advise your friends and relatives that you are avoiding all public contacts,
f. update your will,
g. or other?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 28, 2020, 8:36 pm

h. keep on enjoying life

Que sera, sera. =D>

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » January 28, 2020, 9:16 pm

TJ wrote:
January 28, 2020, 8:25 pm
This dangerous flu virus is undoubtedly being spread and likely to be soon found in your community.....
Just to add clarification the Coronavirus, while a lot of symptoms are the same, is not the same as Flu. Currently the U.S CDC considers the current Flu going around much more of a concern then coronavirus, but that may change soon.

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » January 28, 2020, 11:17 pm

"Thailand 'not able to stop the spread' of new coronavirus
Sky News ^ | January 28, 2020 | by Siobhan Robbins
Posted on 1/28/2020, 6:27:25 AM by Oldeconomybuyer

SUBTITLE: As face masks sell out, people say "information is so hidden" and "we don't know the whole picture".

Subtle changes are seeping into daily life in Bangkok.

Thermal scanners now stand at the doors of luxury malls and attendants pump disinfectant into the hands of visitors as they stream in.

With 14 cases, Thailand now has the highest confirmed number of coronavirus infections outside China and people are starting to worry.

"It's spreading so fast and the information is so hidden, we don't know the whole picture," young mother Cathy told me.

Even her four-year-old son obediently wears a surgical mask.

"I'm worried that I'll get sick and stay in hospital and there isn't a vaccine," commuter Nan added.

Already popular because of pollution, face masks are selling out.

Thailand is a top foreign holiday destination for tourists from Wuhan.

About 22,000 people from the city at the centre of the coronavirus outbreak have visited in January alone.

Six new cases were confirmed today, five of them involving a family from China's Hubei province, and the sixth from Chongqing province.

While all arrivals from China will now be screened and thermal scanned for signs of the disease, the coronavirus is believed to be contagious during the incubation period.

Thus it is feared that while visitors may not have any symptoms, they could in theory be spreading the infection.

That concern is helping to prompt criticism of the government's response to the crisis.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.sky.com ...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-new ... ts?page=21

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » January 29, 2020, 12:21 am

TJ wrote:
January 28, 2020, 11:17 pm

SUBTITLE: As face masks sell out, people say "information is so hidden" and "we don't know the whole picture".

Thermal scanners now stand at the doors of luxury malls and attendants pump disinfectant into the hands of visitors as they stream in.

With 14 cases, Thailand now has the highest confirmed number of coronavirus infections outside China and people are starting to worry.

"It's spreading so fast and the information is so hidden, we don't know the whole picture," young mother Cathy told me.

"I'm worried that I'll get sick and stay in hospital and there isn't a vaccine," commuter Nan added.

About 22,000 people from the city at the centre of the coronavirus outbreak have visited in January alone.

Six new cases were confirmed today, five of them involving a family from China's Hubei province, and the sixth from Chongqing province.

While all arrivals from China will now be screened and thermal scanned for signs of the disease, the coronavirus is believed to be contagious during the incubation period.

Thus it is feared that while visitors may not have any symptoms, they could in theory be spreading the infection.

That concern is helping to prompt criticism of the government's response to the crisis.

People from China should have been required to be in quarantine for 15 days where ever they land outside of China. This was not and will not be done so I am afraid it is going to get very bad. My Thai wife was supposed to fly to
Thailand next month but I am urging her to cancel. Flights from here and back have mostly Chinese on them and it is just too easy to pick up a disease in a plane with so many other people and such a long flight. Some are thinking this won't be so bad but I disagree, even the Chinese government is taking very big steps to try to contain this. They are very worried.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » January 29, 2020, 7:23 am

jai yen yen wrote:
January 29, 2020, 12:21 am
TJ wrote:

People from China should have been required to be in quarantine for 15 days where ever they land outside of China. This was not and will not be done so I am afraid it is going to get very bad. My Thai wife was supposed to fly to
Thailand next month but I am urging her to cancel. Flights from here and back have mostly Chinese on them and it is just too easy to pick up a disease in a plane with so many other people and such a long flight. Some are thinking this won't be so bad but I disagree, even the Chinese government is taking very big steps to try to contain this. They are very worried.
Get over yourself, 3500 people die each year from the FLU in Canada, and 12200 are hospitalized, better lock yourselves in the house, just to be safe!!! LOL

PS The CDC estimates that as many as 56,000 people die from the flu or flu-like illness each year.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » January 29, 2020, 1:00 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
January 29, 2020, 7:23 am
jai yen yen wrote:
TJ wrote:

Get over yourself, 3500 people die each year from the FLU in Canada, and 12200 are hospitalized, better lock yourselves in the house, just to be safe!!! LOL

PS The CDC estimates that as many as 56,000 people die from the flu or flu-like illness each year.
This is not the flu and we do not know how bad it is going to get, judging from the way China is reacting it will be very serious. if you are bored why don't you take a holiday to China. Lots of flight and hotel deals now.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » January 29, 2020, 2:36 pm

jai yen yen wrote:
January 29, 2020, 1:00 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:
TJ wrote:

This is not the flu and we do not know how bad it is going to get, judging from the way China is reacting it will be very serious. if you are bored why don't you take a holiday to China. Lots of flight and hotel deals now.
That's my point Dick Tracy.....the FLU is more deadly, yet we dismiss it.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 29, 2020, 3:49 pm

ah yes.. Nothing to worry about whatsoever!! All the world governments are on it.... Yup, the normal Flu is far more deadly.. If so though I wonder why all the things listed in this article aren't done for the regular flu???
Should we panic? No, but forewarned is forearmed. What personal measures could help you if it does get serious here in Thailand? https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/28/coronav ... hubei.html
Dave

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » January 29, 2020, 5:50 pm

Coronavirus outbreak possible in major tourist centres

Reported now in the BKK Post

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... st-centres

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » January 29, 2020, 11:59 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
January 29, 2020, 2:36 pm
jai yen yen wrote:
January 29, 2020, 1:00 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:
TJ wrote:

That's my point Dick Tracy.....the FLU is more deadly, yet we dismiss it.
Enjoy your holiday in Wuhan, post some pictures. Sincerely Dick.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”