Curfew

Udon Map
Admin

Re: Curfew

Post by Udon Map » April 6, 2020, 8:44 am

tamada wrote:
April 5, 2020, 9:43 pm
Can a bullet be classed as a pre-existing condition or some sort of immunodeficiency?
Reminds me of a parody newspaper story in Boston during the wars between Mafia families there in the 1960s. "XYZ died of natural causes. His heart stopped beating when the knife went through it."

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 6, 2020, 10:00 am

Something like "Died of an accidental overdose" Nothing accidental about it

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 6, 2020, 10:20 am

It's seriously looking like DM.'s predictions are right that we will be on 24 hour lockdown soon, the government seems to be putting everyone on high alert telling them to be ready "just in case".

A new ballgame completely.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 6, 2020, 10:36 am

Wissanu, one of the other DPM's, during his crack on the public microphone back on 25th March, opined that an extended, 24-hour curfew was more a case of when than if.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384825

So we can only hope that this delay of the inevitable is because they are drafting rules and regulations that will prevent sudden mass migration, panic buying and other knee-jerk responses that have challenged other nations. I don't see any, polite "details will be announced shortly" message from the PM when the decision is made to enact it.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 6, 2020, 10:46 am

This is what the Mrs thinks is part of the preparation, it's warning people to be ready.

https://www.mumkhao.com/view-4977.html
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 6, 2020, 10:58 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 6, 2020, 10:46 am
This is what the Mrs thinks is part of the preparation, it's warning people to be ready.

https://www.mumkhao.com/view-4977.html
Good share vince, Mrs tam was looking at this same message over her morning coffee.

FWIW, that web page translates unusually well so recommend that members take a look at it. For those more challenged in getting a quick, accurate translation, it reads as follows (the mamkao comment, not the actual government notice).
24-hour warning.jpg

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 6, 2020, 11:38 am

In the words of Clooso himself .. later this week 24 hr curfew coming regardless of cases n death numbers.

Will this be total or allowances as in the UK for essential weekly shopping exercise and emergencies is still open to conjecture.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 6, 2020, 12:06 pm

We only have 51 new cases, perhaps that figure is enough to stave off the 24hr curfew, for now at least

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 6, 2020, 12:28 pm

Tam
I am confused ( a state that came up on me many years ago) this notice in escense is telling the Provinces along with its citizens to be prepared for a 24 shutdown which will happen May 5th???

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 6, 2020, 12:42 pm

Doodoo wrote:
April 6, 2020, 12:28 pm
Tam
I am confused ( a state that came up on me many years ago) this notice in escense is telling the Provinces along with its citizens to be prepared for a 24 shutdown which will happen May 5th???
My guess a translation error
as the other paper had this

Governors put on alert for tougher measures to contain Covid-19
National
Apr 05. 2020

All provincial governors have been told to brace for potential drastic measures to stop the spread of Covid-19 pandemic.

Interior Ministry permanent secretary Chatchai Phromlert issued on Saturday (April 5 ) an urgent order demanding all provincial governors to have action plans ready for drastic measures if the government's Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration steps up efforts to stop the spread of the new coronavirus.According to the order, all governors must be ready to do the following:▪︎ They have to prepare a local quarantine facility, including using private property for that purpose. ▪︎They must be ready to arrange makeshift hospitals, food and beverage stockpile, points for receiving donations and open channels for communicating with people.▪︎They have to make people better understand the need to combat the virus, such as by convincing people to stay at home and avoid any kind of travel. Local officials and local leaders have to jointly lay out action plans and do a trial run on how to implement them.▪︎They have to make a plan to prevent hoarding of goods and enforce the law strictly.

▪︎They have to have logistics action plans to ensure the transport of goods, consumer goods, and basic necessities. ▪︎They have to designate areas to hand out food and beverages to people in villages or local communities.According to the daily report on the Covid-19 situation, Thailand’s total number of patients rose to 2,169, with 102 new cases confirmed over a 24-hour period and three patients, including a foreigner, dying, Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman of the government's Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said on Sunday (April 5).

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 6, 2020, 12:59 pm

Sorry my question still not answered
Is the announcemnet warning us of a shutdown May 5th

Note
The direction the Government is issuing to the Governors is of little use to me as I cannot influence it or them I am just interested in the supposed 24hr Curfew on May 5th,. True or not??????

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 6, 2020, 1:10 pm

Until at least My 5th ???

Just a wild semi educated guess ..tho as my CV clearly states my last serious employed position was milk monitor and head of plasterscene class ..THEREFORE my guess maybe off the mark.

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » April 6, 2020, 1:15 pm

Doodoo wrote:
April 6, 2020, 12:59 pm

Note
The direction the Government is issuing to the Governors is of little use to me as I cannot influence it or them I am just interested in the supposed 24hr Curfew on May 5th,. True or not??????
No, it should be only 11-17 April. That "May" is translated incorrectly, because story had เมย instead of เม.ย. (Mey instead of April).

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 6, 2020, 1:21 pm

eagle wrote:
April 6, 2020, 1:15 pm
Doodoo wrote:
April 6, 2020, 12:59 pm

Note
No, it should be only 11-17 April. That "May" is translated incorrectly, because story had เมย instead of เม.ย. (Mey instead of April).
That makes real sense .. cutting out the determined SK revelers and impending disaster that could cause.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 6, 2020, 1:30 pm

Eagle
So where did you get 11 to 17 from Its not even mentioned

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » April 6, 2020, 1:37 pm

Doodoo wrote:
April 6, 2020, 1:30 pm
Eagle
So where did you get 11 to 17 from Its not even mentioned
I.e. follow that link Vince gave and follow more... and also find that it is only for preparations, not announcement that something will really happen.
Last edited by eagle on April 6, 2020, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 6, 2020, 2:03 pm

Dont panic
seems the translation changes with errors

the one I posted at 8.20 am today had no date for this possible curfew

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385456

This papers version makes more sense

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 6, 2020, 3:40 pm

saint wrote:
April 6, 2020, 7:59 am
Zidane wrote:
April 5, 2020, 7:48 pm
First curfew breaker shot dead in the Philippines
(Al Jazeera)
The shape of things to come near the Udon Tap ?? ;)
This is pretty worrying . Yes he broke the curfew , but was he carrying the virus , and who decided he was before they shot him .
After shooting thousands of alleged drug pushers and users , they must of been running out of who to use for target practice .
Puts things here in Thailand into perspective , does it not ? Even if the 24 hour curfew takes effect on Wednesday , as circulating now on Farcebook .
Anyone still thinking of the Phills as a good alternative to Thailand must be seriously mental . =;
If the wifes family in the village are anything to go by the shooting in PI has had far more impact than all the curfews and govt statements made before. Nobody gave a dam until this morning, now they see how seriously CV19 is being taken and are starting to ask questions and perhaps even pay attention to the 06:30 tanoy calls

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » April 6, 2020, 4:07 pm

I thought I saw on the news the PI President instructing police to shoot curfew breakers on site.
Reguardless of Corona Virus status?
Mick

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 6, 2020, 5:00 pm

mickojak wrote:
April 6, 2020, 4:07 pm
I thought I saw on the news the PI President instructing police to shoot curfew breakers on site.
Reguardless of Corona Virus status?
Mick
Yeah You certainly Did Mick.....I Saw it too !!

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”