jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Curfew

Post by jackspratt » April 6, 2020, 5:08 pm

747man wrote:
April 6, 2020, 5:00 pm
mickojak wrote:
April 6, 2020, 4:07 pm
I thought I saw on the news the PI President instructing police to shoot curfew breakers on site.
Reguardless of Corona Virus status?
Mick
Yeah You certainly Did Mick.....I Saw it too !!
Amazing. :-k
“It is getting worse. So once again I’m telling you the seriousness of the problem and that you must listen,” Duterte said late on Wednesday.

“My orders to the police and military ... if there is trouble and there’s an occasion that they fight back and your lives are in danger, shoot them dead.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/02/philipp ... ators.html

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 6, 2020, 5:16 pm

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 6, 2020, 5:42 pm

747man wrote:
April 6, 2020, 5:00 pm
mickojak wrote:
April 6, 2020, 4:07 pm
I thought I saw on the news the PI President instructing police to shoot curfew breakers on site.
Reguardless of Corona Virus status?
Mick
Yeah You certainly Did Mick.....I Saw it too !!
And somebody posted that they had already shot one and it was reported on Aljazeera without a citation so here it is.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/04/ ... 15819.html

Looks like he was old, drunk and disorderly as well as being armed with a scythe... so "The suspect was shot dead by a police officer who was trying to pacify him."

Yup, sounds like a diligent peace officer at work to me.

Hoping to avoid this thread about Thailand's curfew enforcement being compared to Duterte's "wild west" in PI but I don't think there enough social and cultural similarities to consider that we will have violators being arbitrarily shot dead in Thailand.

...unless of course it's toothless old Loong all messed up on lao khao and coming down from a yaabaa high (again).

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » April 6, 2020, 8:22 pm

No 24-Hour Curfew If People Cooperate

From The Bangkok Post
by: Mongkol Bangprapa

Defense Ministry.jpg
The street is deserted outside the Defence Ministry in Bangkok after the government imposed a night curfew, which is still deemed adequate. (Photo: Arnun Chonmahatrakool)

There will be no 24-hour curfew if people comply with the current 10pm-4am prohibition and the number of new cases of coronavirus disease drops, the head of the government's Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration said on Monday.

Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin was responding to speculation on social media and some news reports that the government was planning to impose a round-the-clock curfew.

He said they had misinterpreted an order issued by the Interior Ministry for local authorities to prepare disease control measures in advance, and misunderstood that a 24-hour curfew would be imposed.

"We have just announced a curfew from 10pm to 4am every day. Everyone still needs some time to adapt.

"If you can do it and the number of new infections falls, there will not be any other measures. But if the figure continues to rise, existing measures will be considered as inadequate, and more measures may be necessary," Dr Taweesin said.

Government spokeswoman Narumon Pinyosinwat quoted Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha as saying that the current curfew remained unchanged, but the government needed to prepare possible new measures in advance to best cope with Covid-19.

Dr Taweesin said that during the overnight curfew from Sunday to Monday morning, police detained 919 violators. Another 79 had gathered together inside residences in a way that might spread the disease.

"This shows that some people were still being uncooperative. They numbered about 1,000. Please comply for the sake of yourself, your families and your society," he said.

Police pressed charges against 708 people and issued warnings to the others for violating the curfew. Police also increased the number of curfew checkpoints from 836 on Sunday to 923 on Monday, Dr Taweesin said.

He also said that on Monday 48 Thai people trying to come home were still stranded at airports in Japan (12), South Korea (35) and the Netherlands (1) due to the temporary ban on all inbound flights. Thai embassy staff were taking care of them.

Courtesy of The Bangkok Post
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -cooperate

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 6, 2020, 10:02 pm

The curfew did one good thing for me. My dogs and the neighbors dogs barked at any people walking down the road late at night. No more barking dogs late at night. No vehicle traffic either. It's so quiet that I won't be able to sleep. We normally have some roosters that don't know what time it is. Even the roosters are quiet.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 6, 2020, 10:23 pm

Agree glalt
Sitting outside with the missus about to finish the bottle of red and actually thinking of another one.
Everything gone eerily quiet.
Even the birds whom we listen to at night seem to be at home abiding the curfew. Frogs don’t give a rats, but the snakes will sort them noisy bustards out.
But from the over 1 km distance from the main road can still hear the occasional bike fly by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 6, 2020, 10:25 pm

youve been telling the roosters they re in the Philippines havn't you

cock a doodle bang

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 7, 2020, 7:02 am

It would appear with the numbers dropping to two figures that possibly, the threat of a 24 hr curfew is diminishing according to the Interior Ministry

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 7, 2020, 9:12 am

Udon Map wrote:
April 6, 2020, 8:22 pm
No 24-Hour Curfew If People Cooperate
We're knackered!

Between 01:00 and 03:00 had at least 4 noisy bikes pass our home ridden by, I assume, our local doped up Yabba freaks out looking for a hit! Everyone including our Puyi Baan knows who they are but are unable or unwilling to have em controlled (sons of the more affluent families). [-X
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 7, 2020, 8:35 pm

First letter is 'E' not 'A'
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 21, 2020, 4:51 am

Watched a couple of movies then a quick n essential doggie relief break .. two things struck me ...

firstly the heat .. very very hot even circa 3am

Second the large number of vehicles on the road during the curfew hours , not just one or two but a dozen or more in the very short time i was out the office in the car park... a mix cars, pick ups , tuk tuk motorbikes not only the bigger 10 wheelers etc.

As posted by Vince n Saint .. the town traffic looked back to normal and i wondering if people are now venturing out during the curfew times when really they should not ..

I presume the nationwide curfew will be in place until 30th April ??? unless i missed something.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 21, 2020, 6:30 am

We went to the Ban Tad market yesterday, we needed a couple of veggies that Mrs M isn’t growing yet. The barriers at the front of the market are down, the hand washing facilities aren’t there any more and someone’s snaffled the hand gel all that’s there is a lonely red fold up table telling people that this is the way in and please clean your hands. What was striking is that when we went here a week ago, everything was very controlled, there was hardly anyone there but the one way system and social distancing was being observed, sort of. This week it’s a free for all, lots of people with no masks, no social distancing, no organised bike parking and it was heaving! Things are getting back to normal.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 21, 2020, 6:37 am

too soon too quick ?????
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 21, 2020, 7:45 am

Yep, as usual humans are making the mistake in thinking as everything is okay, it must be. Note the word usage here, thinking , it is not a word synonymous with Thai actions generally.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 21, 2020, 8:07 am

^ It's also synonymous with certain forum members with regard to their posting behavior.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 21, 2020, 10:09 am

Khun Paul wrote:
April 21, 2020, 7:45 am
Yep, as usual humans are making the mistake in thinking as everything is okay, it must be. Note the word usage here, thinking , it is not a word synonymous with Thai actions generally.
Paul do you ever have anything good to say about Thai people or indeed Thailand?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 21, 2020, 10:15 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 21, 2020, 6:37 am
too soon too quick ?????
Have to agree, we're having a great run and it would be pretty daft to start relaxing too soon, seen farang walking around with no masks in Big C and one prat wearing it under his chin, the accepted Covid rules obviously don't apply to them because of their superior social standing.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » April 21, 2020, 10:51 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 21, 2020, 10:15 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
too soon too quick ?????
Have to agree, we're having a great run and it would be pretty daft to start relaxing too soon, seen farang walking around with no masks in Big C and one prat wearing it under his chin, the accepted Covid rules obviously don't apply to them because of their superior social standing.
In the long run, Darwinism tends to work all that out.

laksnrub
udonmap.com

Post by laksnrub » April 21, 2020, 11:03 am

vincemunday wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:
too soon too quick ?????
It kills mostly older farts, so sooner or later, they'll be sorry they didn't wear the mask
Quality is best done first

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 21, 2020, 11:09 am

vincemunday wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:
too soon too quick ?????
Superior social standing is not how the Thais view them , especially the ones in power .They are just dirty farang .
Unfortunately dickheads come in all shapes , sizes and nationalities . =; =;
I saw one in Big C yesturday and asked him to put his mask on , expecting a scene , and he just eyeballed me and put it on .

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”