Curfew

Post Reply
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 12035
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Curfew

Post by jackspratt » April 21, 2020, 11:30 am

A different view on the general use of masks - from a source which has been, it seems, very successful in fighting and combatting the Coronavirus pandemic up to this time.

https://www.health.gov.au/resources/pub ... ical-masks
Information on the use of surgical masks
1. Should I wear a surgical mask?

Most people will not benefit from wearing a surgical mask. Masks are of benefit to people who are sick so they don’t cough on others, and health care workers who have frequent, close contact with sick people.

General public
Surgical masks in the community are only helpful in preventing people who have coronavirus disease from spreading it to others. If you are well, you do not need to wear a surgical mask as there is little evidence supporting the widespread use of surgical masks in healthy people to prevent transmission in public.

Specific requirements are in place for people who have returned from a country or region that is at high or moderate risk for COVID-19, or think may they have been in close contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus. Go to www.health.gov.au/covid19-travellers for the list of at-risk countries and isolation requirements.

If you are required to isolate, you should use a surgical mask (if you have one) in the following circumstances:

- You need to leave your home for any reason and will be in public areas
- You are visiting a medical facility
- You have symptoms and other people are present in the same room as you.
Obviously others have different ideas, but it's the advice I am following at the moment.



User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 3415
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Curfew

Post by saint » April 21, 2020, 11:43 am

This aint Australia , or Kansas Jack . Its Thailand , and in Thailand , and in Big C they insist you wear a mask .
Pretty basic really . To me i hate wearing the bloody things , but one has to do , and be seen doing the right thing .
But by all means you march to the beat of your own drum , if it keeps you happy , but does it keep you or others safe ?
But thanks for your 10 cents worth , i would of put money on it .

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 13043
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Curfew

Post by stattointhailand » April 21, 2020, 11:51 am

"Most people will not benefit from wearing a surgical mask."

Sod "most people" if ONE persons life is saved it is worth everyone wearing a mask for a few weeks

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 12035
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Curfew

Post by jackspratt » April 21, 2020, 12:04 pm

saint wrote:
April 21, 2020, 11:43 am

But thanks for your 10 cents worth , i would of put money on it .
Thanks for your thanks.

I would have put money on it as well, and you didn't disappoint. ;)

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 3540
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: Curfew

Post by vincemunday » April 21, 2020, 12:27 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 21, 2020, 11:51 am
"Most people will not benefit from wearing a surgical mask."

Sod "most people" if ONE persons life is saved it is worth everyone wearing a mask for a few weeks
Crikey Stats I find myself agreeing with you, not often mind, but of course you're right a life is a life, but as Saint says when in Rome or indeed Big C Udon Thani.

Of course we will always have the "clever dickies" who know better!

It ain't half hot mum!
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 12035
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Curfew

Post by jackspratt » April 21, 2020, 12:40 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 21, 2020, 11:51 am
"Most people will not benefit from wearing a surgical mask."
Why did you stop there, statts?

It (the Australian government health department) goes on to say:
Surgical masks in the community are only helpful in preventing people who have coronavirus disease from spreading it to others.

If you are well, you do not need to wear a surgical mask as there is little evidence supporting the widespread use of surgical masks in healthy people to prevent transmission in public.


I fit into the second paragraph. Of course, if I am required to wear a mask to enter Big C or elsewhere, I will do so.

The message seems to be that masks are not a panacea - but we can all choose to believe otherwise I guess.

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 3415
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Curfew

Post by saint » April 21, 2020, 12:56 pm

jackspratt wrote:
April 21, 2020, 12:40 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
April 21, 2020, 11:51 am
"Most people will not benefit from wearing a surgical mask."
Why did you stop there, statts?

It (the Australian government health department) goes on to say:
Surgical masks in the community are only helpful in preventing people who have coronavirus disease from spreading it to others.

If you are well, you do not need to wear a surgical mask as there is little evidence supporting the widespread use of surgical masks in healthy people to prevent transmission in public.


I fit into the second paragraph. Of course, if I am required to wear a mask to enter Big C or elsewhere, I will do so.

The message seems to be that masks are not a panacea - but we can all choose to believe otherwise I guess.
Then why not say so in the first place ? Dont bother with an answer , i already know .
Just a wind up merchant , I would say , venture out and get a life , but not so easy if you dont wear a mask .

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 12035
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Curfew

Post by jackspratt » April 21, 2020, 1:07 pm

saint wrote:
April 21, 2020, 12:56 pm
Then why not say so in the first place ? Dont bother with an answer , i already know .
Just a wind up merchant , I would say , venture out and get a life , but not so easy if you dont wear a mask .
You know SFA actually, saint.

I did "say in the first place" when my very first words were:
A different view on the general use of masks.............
Going to Big C, or other places which require masks, is a very specific use.

However, generally I don't wear one - based on very sound advice.

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 3415
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Curfew

Post by saint » April 21, 2020, 1:12 pm

Ok Jack , whatever you say . Man you just love to show how clever you are .
You know , and i know how you operate , youve been doing it for years .
You werent clever then , and you sure as ---- aint clever now . Except maybe in your own mind .

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 12035
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Curfew

Post by jackspratt » April 21, 2020, 1:23 pm

Because I have a different view or perspective to yours', saint ...... or because I express myself in a way to seem to disapprove of, I am a wind-up merchant.

As I said above, you know SFA.

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 2907
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Curfew

Post by Doodoo » April 21, 2020, 1:51 pm

SFA
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Category filter:
Acronym Definition
SFA Sales Force Automation
SFA Stephen F. Austin State University (Texas)
SFA Saturated Fatty Acid
SFA Sanford (Amtrak station code; Sanford, FL)
SFA Securities and Futures Act (various locations)
SFA Society for the Arts (Phoenix, AZ)
SFA Skills Funding Agency
SFA Success For All (educational foundation)
SFA Single Family Attached (zoning; various locations)
SFA Scottish Football Association

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 13043
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Curfew

Post by stattointhailand » April 21, 2020, 2:13 pm

Will somebody please explain what it is that's so horrendously disgusting that would stop you wearing a mask

unless your breath is so bad that you dont want your nose trapped in there

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 2907
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Curfew

Post by Doodoo » April 21, 2020, 2:19 pm

You just gave us one excuse Stat

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 5661
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Curfew

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 21, 2020, 2:35 pm

I totally agree , whats the problem in wearing a mask on those ESSENTIAL TRIPS OUTSIDE , I think a lot of it is a vanity thing , same as not wearing a crash helmet on a motorbike cos it will ruffle the hair smudging the makeup and movie star good looks etc ..

Personally I stopped looking in mirrors years ago Statts and a mask covers up my ugly mug ..!! kids have stopped screaming and dont run away from me anymore.

Bloke in London went into the bank wearing a mask and got arrested .... dont think it was the mask but the sawn off shotgun that gave his intentions away... YES IT REALLY HAPPENED !!

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 3415
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Curfew

Post by saint » April 21, 2020, 2:55 pm

jackspratt wrote:
April 21, 2020, 1:23 pm
Because I have a different view or perspective to yours', saint ...... or because I express myself in a way to seem to disapprove of, I am a wind-up merchant.

As I said above, you know SFA.
Your right again Jack. I know Several F_cking Arseholes . fortunately , not personally . =; =;

User avatar
Zidane
udonmap.com
Posts: 6767
Joined: July 6, 2005, 12:24 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Curfew

Post by Zidane » April 21, 2020, 4:23 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 21, 2020, 2:35 pm
I totally agree , whats the problem in wearing a mask on those ESSENTIAL TRIPS OUTSIDE , I think a lot of it is a vanity thing , same as not wearing a crash helmet on a motorbike cos it will ruffle the hair smudging the makeup and movie star good looks etc ..

Personally I stopped looking in mirrors years ago Statts and a mask covers up my ugly mug ..!! kids have stopped screaming and dont run away from me anymore.



DM
Fila Faceguards are seen as a fashion accessory during the current outbreak... could be the answer for some ;)
38369078-2e0a-4c0b-ad3f-57526e29e74a.jpg
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

cjd01
udonmap.com
Posts: 438
Joined: May 19, 2015, 8:53 am

Re: Curfew

Post by cjd01 » April 21, 2020, 4:53 pm

jackspratt wrote:
April 21, 2020, 1:23 pm
Because I have a different view or perspective to yours', saint ...... or because I express myself in a way to seem to disapprove of, I am a wind-up merchant.

As I said above, you know SFA.
97% of scientists agree that your condescending manner borders on narcissism

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 1380
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: Curfew

Post by Whistler » April 21, 2020, 5:03 pm

'nuther good reason to wear a mask.

If you have not been tested, then you do not know if you are a carrier. It does not necessarily protect, but it does stop those infected from spreading the virus.
lies are already halfway around the world before the truth has laced up its shoes

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 12035
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Curfew

Post by jackspratt » April 21, 2020, 5:20 pm

cjd01 wrote:
April 21, 2020, 4:53 pm

97% of scientists agree that your condescending manner borders on narcissism
Is that another snipe I read? :roll:

cjd01
udonmap.com
Posts: 438
Joined: May 19, 2015, 8:53 am

Re: Curfew

Post by cjd01 » April 21, 2020, 5:29 pm

jackspratt wrote:
April 21, 2020, 5:20 pm
cjd01 wrote:
April 21, 2020, 4:53 pm

97% of scientists agree that your condescending manner borders on narcissism
Is that another snipe I read? :roll:
could be a snipe or maybe it's just my opinion of you and your manner to other posters here

Post Reply

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”