udonmap.com

Re: CharlesI

Post by stattointhailand » May 6, 2023, 8:36 pm

Closet Royalist :-"

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » May 6, 2023, 8:56 pm

what would happen to the country if the royal family was abolished ?
laughing at the occasional visitor and failed taxi drivers

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » May 6, 2023, 8:58 pm

2 adulterers' spending taxpayers money on their coronation?
laughing at the occasional visitor and failed taxi drivers

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 6, 2023, 9:11 pm

After several hours Live Coronation coverage has just ended and absolutely marvelous it was too .. nobody does pomp n ceremony like the Brits even the nasty weather couldnt spoil such an historic event

hip hip hoorar by the armed forces in Buckingham palace grounds was fantastic.

God save the K ing

After a couple or 3 Tetley cream flow cans Victoria sponge cake i shall retire for the evening ..PROUD TO BE BRITISH

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 6, 2023, 9:17 pm

Don't forget to remove your Union Jocks before you retire.

You will need to give them a good scrub in the morning, paying particular attention to the white, splodgy bits at the front. Then seal them up, and wait a year or two until Willy & Cat send the Commonwealth into Apathy 2.0

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 7, 2023, 1:34 am

thewatchman wrote:
May 6, 2023, 8:56 pm
what would happen to the country if the royal family was abolished ?
I strongly suspect it would remain exactly where it is (approx 21 miles from Calais) :-k

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 7, 2023, 6:05 am

stattointhailand wrote:
May 6, 2023, 4:20 pm
For once I have to agree with the Liverpool fans ........ hope EVERY football ground resounds to Booos during the National Anthem. We have half the country needing to use foodbanks to avoid starvation, we have football fans up and down the country providing food to feed their friends/relatives and the bl**dy Premier League think it is OK to force all teams to play the National Anthem :evil:
What the f*** has this clown sitting on a big chair in a big house in London and having some sort of hat stuck on his head got to do with SPORT =;
What the f*** has SPORT got to do with "half the country needing to use foodbanks to avoid starvation"?

Apart from the obscene profits that the privately-owned EPL squirrels away I mean?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » May 7, 2023, 6:21 am

The tele was great last night. Scray had an excellent fighting win full of grit and character. Bont was on fire with a mass of contested possession and many fine clearances. God save an individual.
Attachments
bonty.jpg
bonty.jpg (13.18 KiB) Viewed 1124 times
Watch Me!!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 7, 2023, 7:09 am

My parents bought our first TV in 1953 so we could watch Princess Elizabeth become Queen. Our school gave us special coins to mark the occasion, which I sill have. My Aunt sent me a specially marked envelope on that day, which I still have.

Thankfully, ABC (Australia) televised the whole event last night so I didn't miss a thing. Queen Camilla was radiant at the service, and seemed very proud. Princess Anne looked great, and it was clear she was enjoying the day. I am very happy that Canada has a new individual and Queen. Long live individual Charles and Queen Camilla. Hip Hip Hooray! God Save an individual!
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 7, 2023, 8:22 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 7, 2023, 7:09 am
My parents bought our first TV in 1953 so we could watch Princess Elizabeth become Queen. Our school gave us special coins to mark the occasion, which I sill have. My Aunt sent me a specially marked envelope on that day, which I still have.

Thankfully, ABC (Australia) televised the whole event last night so I didn't miss a thing. Queen Camilla was radiant at the service, and seemed very proud. Princess Anne looked great, and it was clear she was enjoying the day. I am very happy that Canada has a new individual and Queen. Long live individual Charles and Queen Camilla. Hip Hip Hooray! God Save an individual!
=D> =D> =D> nice post LYM , i would add William Kate n the kids were also fantastic Kate radiant and stunningly beautiful as ever and even Louis behaved...hopefully the monarchy is in good hands with Charles to be followed by Wills.

Harry and Andrew totally left out in row Z next to the bogs. som num nar !!

I say to all calling for a republic ... look at the other option and what chaos would ensue with President Bojo , Truss, Sunak etc .. total joke in fact i had a bottle of milk in my fridge that has seen 3 PMs and a change in monarch and still hasnt turned sour without a shot being fired or blood on the streets such is the stability with the current system so long may it continue.

Back to the main topic ..3 cheers for our great British Monarchy !!!!!!

LONG LIVE K ING CHARLES III

https://youtu.be/hQA4npNAEoM

DM
Last edited by Drunk Monkey on May 7, 2023, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 7, 2023, 8:43 am

jackspratt wrote:
May 6, 2023, 9:17 pm
Don't forget to remove your Union Jocks before you retire.

You will need to give them a good scrub in the morning, paying particular attention to the white, splodgy bits at the front. Then seal them up, and wait a year or two until Willy & Cat send the Commonwealth into Apathy 2.0
I was so drained with emotion i left my union jack on to sleep in Jack .. peeled them off this morning and will jet wash them later today or perhaps frame them and put them on ebay ?? in truth such was my aroused state during the coronation they stretched and are too big now things have returned to normal everyday size.

I would have loved to see Charles step aside and Wills n Kate become KnQ now alas not to be though im predicting an abdication within the next 10 years so hopefully another history making coronation event will be sooner rather than later
i waited 70 years for this one 12 in the womb.

Bidding is now open for the UJ Boxers ... reserve is set at 100 ........ pounds

DM
Last edited by Drunk Monkey on May 7, 2023, 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 7, 2023, 8:46 am

Good lawd! ....... we all have a quiet chuckle and snigger about the prostration we see here at similar local events.

We are now seeing the written equivalent on the Map. :shock:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 7, 2023, 8:51 am

jackspratt wrote:
May 7, 2023, 8:46 am
Good lawd! ....... we all have a quiet chuckle and snigger about the prostration we see here at similar local events.

We are now seeing the written equivalent on the Map. :shock:
Here you go Jack just in case the power was out in Bang Dung n you missed the action

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 7, 2023, 10:43 am

My already eaten breakfast was at risk when this caricature popped up on my monitor on ABC News this morning.
Screenshot 2023-05-07 103123.png
It's a shame that Admin has disabled Polls on the Map - which one would you have voted for as the more absurd?
4zp0rc.png

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 7, 2023, 11:01 am

Obviously, the bottom one is ridiculous. The top photo shows style, class and tradition in all its glory. Next , you will ask us to comment on a photo of texpat.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 7, 2023, 11:10 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 7, 2023, 11:01 am
Obviously, the bottom one is ridiculous. The top photo shows style, class and tradition in all its glory. Next , you will ask us to comment on a photo of texpat.
Very well put LYM

It appears Harry was in the UK less than 24 hours , perhaps he left the limo ticking over in a Bucko back alley such his urgency not to upset Meggy and get back for mini gingers birthday bash sponsored by Netflix , Dior have now confirmed they supplied him his coronation suit strangely enough on the eve of a mega million dollar deal for HnM to be their brand leaders .. bit like Tam wearing an Accrington Stanley shirt trying to get a free pint :lol:

DM

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » May 7, 2023, 12:09 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 7, 2023, 8:43 am

DM
[/quote

Well this is my third, having been taken as a 2 year old to watch GeorgeVI in 1937, after the death of GeorgeV in 1936 and the disaster of Edward VIII who abdicated before being crowned ,all though I dont remember much about it other than the crowds of cheering people which was marvelous considering this was not long after the end of WW1 and although we didn't know it just 2 more years until the start of the next one WW2, unfortunately cameras were not common in those days so no photographic memories.Then with the sudden death of her father in 1952 the appointment of Elizabeth as Queen with her coronation in 1953 which coincided with my enlisting in the RAF.so i found myself as a young 18 year old officer cadet lining the route with thousands of others for Her Majestys procession right outside the ruinings of the RAF church of ST Clements in the Strand. The church is famous for the nursery rhyme Oranges and Lemons sung by most English kids and played in better times by the church bells, now thankfully restored and ringing again .So although standing there for 3 hours holding a ceremonial rifle I didn't get to see much of the actual ceremonial so making the intensive coverage on TV this year a first and wonderful experience for me .
Having sworn an oath of allegiance to the crown when accepting my shilling I guess that makes me a Royalist even to this day 70 years after . God save the ---, long may he reign .
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 7, 2023, 12:36 pm

Old Grumpy wrote:
May 7, 2023, 12:09 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 7, 2023, 8:43 am

DM
[/quote

Well this is my third, having been taken as a 2 year old to watch GeorgeVI in 1937, after the death of GeorgeV in 1936 and the disaster of Edward VIII who abdicated before being crowned ,all though I dont remember much about it other than the crowds of cheering people which was marvelous considering this was not long after the end of WW1 and although we didn't know it just 2 more years until the start of the next one WW2, unfortunately cameras were not common in those days so no photographic memories.Then with the sudden death of her father in 1952 the appointment of Elizabeth as Queen with her coronation in 1953 which coincided with my enlisting in the RAF.so i found myself as a young 18 year old officer cadet lining the route with thousands of others for Her Majestys procession right outside the ruinings of the RAF church of ST Clements in the Strand. The church is famous for the nursery rhyme Oranges and Lemons sung by most English kids and played in better times by the church bells, now thankfully restored and ringing again .So although standing there for 3 hours holding a ceremonial rifle I didn't get to see much of the actual ceremonial so making the intensive coverage on TV this year a first and wonderful experience for me .
Having sworn an oath of allegiance to the crown when accepting my shilling I guess that makes me a Royalist even to this day 70 years after . God save the ---, long may he reign .
Wow well done Val .. great story and memories for you...

As times change the monarchy has had to change with them , i was brought up in a royalist family especially my mother so its stuck with me and i dont mind saying i am a great supporter of the royal family and what it stood for in the past and stands for today.
I have no issue with those who choose not to be a fan for what ever reason ..i dont care that they dont care.

Wishing Charles along and happy reign and knowing he will be followed by William n Kate bodes well for the future , i cannot even imagine the UK ever becoming a republic as the alternative would be a total disaster..... however if any of the Commonwealth countries wish to do so i say get on with it and see how you fair.

GOD SAVE THE K ING

DM

Return to “U.K.”