CharlesI

mak
udonmap.com

Re: CharlesI

Post by mak » May 8, 2023, 4:45 am

How did he get in?
Probably one of the Benedictine monks left over from HVIII's reign.
Then again, there was Penny and the sword.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 08-07-21 Penny Mordaunt sends viewers into meltdown with sword Coronation role.png
Coronation grim reaper.jpg
Grim reaper.png

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 8, 2023, 12:05 pm

Lovely cool morning here .. coffee and a toasted muffin whilst i watched a full re run of the coronation concert at Windsor... which i can only describe with one single word ..ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC .. no nobody does it like the Brits

Spectacular lighting effects and performances.

Here is a condensed version for those who missed it . GOD SAVE THE K ING

https://youtu.be/WcHQBXtqkMc

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 8, 2023, 12:29 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 8, 2023, 12:05 pm
Lovely cool morning here .. coffee and a toasted muffin whilst i watched a full re run of the coronation concert at Windsor... which i can only describe with one single word ..ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC .. no nobody does it like the Brits

Spectacular lighting effects and performances.

Here is a condensed version for those who missed it . GOD SAVE THE K ING

https://youtu.be/WcHQBXtqkMc

DM
Looked like a Very Good Night, Well at least it Never Rained.....

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 8, 2023, 8:46 pm

For those that dont have a spare 3 1/2 hrs or so ...... the highlights

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 8, 2023, 9:19 pm

Very disrespectful Statto ... [-X [-X

As my old gran used to say .. "if you cant post anything nice best not post at all".. henceforth may i say i hope your gonads turn green become septic rot fall off roll out the bottom of your pyjamas and a local soi dog eats them...

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 8, 2023, 9:29 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 8, 2023, 9:19 pm
Very disrespectful Statto ... [-X [-X

As my old gran used to say .. "if you cant post anything nice best not post at all".. henceforth may i say i hope your gonads turn green become septic rot fall off roll out the bottom of your pyjamas and a local soi dog eats them...

DM
555 ! Now That's Funny Jon 555 !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 8, 2023, 11:04 pm

I think your comment about nobody does it like the Brits a little off the mark DM ........ I'm sure Russia/N.Korea/China etc ALL waste just as much money on "showing off" as the Brits when they have their parades

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 9, 2023, 1:20 am

stattointhailand wrote:
May 8, 2023, 11:04 pm
I think your comment about nobody does it like the Brits a little off the mark DM ........ I'm sure Russia/N.Korea/China etc ALL waste just as much money on "showing off" as the Brits when they have their parades
No emoji?

Watch out DM, the blighter's being serious this time.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 9, 2023, 1:43 am

oops :lol:

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 9, 2023, 7:02 am

Having waited ove 70 years to watch this, I did watch it all .Apart from one or two hiccups, a well p[lanned and executed event 70 years in the making and in my mind well worth the time spent.
To those who rubbish the celebration, the pagentry, the general feeling of happiness, I say look to your own countries, and stop trashing a country , just becasue you can.
Makes you all look petty and childish and certainly does no endear some to those who actually like being British .
I have seen so-called pagentry in other countries , from chewing gum officinardos to generally sloppy drills, I do think the British do put on a fine display ( I ay be slightly bias ). Challenge any oher countrry to put o a similar display with the same precision , not including those countries where military parades are the norm to show Power over the People

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 9, 2023, 7:57 am

stattointhailand wrote:
May 8, 2023, 11:04 pm
Statts , as Mcenroe used to shout ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS !!!.... ... a tad daft to compare the very frequent chest puffing military parades in the nations you mention to a rare historic event such as the ROYAL coronation , now change yer underpants and go have a ly down you obviously over done your meds

Back on topic ..great to see Wills Kate n all 3 kids out n about yesterday ...Charles n Camilla having a well earned day off with neck stiffness due to the weight of their crowns... its a tough life !!

DM

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 9, 2023, 8:18 am

I can imagine that Betty would have tried to hold on for a few more years had she envisioned how ridiculous this would all turn out.

I would be happy had she done so.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 9, 2023, 8:49 am

She did her best Jack ......... Charlie wanted her out 30 years ago

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » May 9, 2023, 10:00 am

Official coronation photos.
Attachments
Crown room.png
King and queen.jpg
King Charles.jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 9, 2023, 10:07 am

Behold! The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 9, 2023, 11:29 am

mak wrote:
May 9, 2023, 10:00 am
Top pic ... far left 3 just there for the cake who ever they are and the bonkers looking old dear second in from the right between Sphie n Eddie obviously out on day release .. im all for the monarchy but the slimmed down version so these four old crustys should be pensioned off..
Didnt see much of Zara n Mike Tindall at the big doo also Eugene n Beatrice were also in the wings ..

Thank the lord Andy n H were literally both ........SPARE ...parts.

As a keen historian and royal observer the late HMQ was always gonna be a hard act to follow such was her length of reign and popularity.
I hope Charles n Camilla will prove to be excellent heads of state .. though i do think Charles should of stepped aside n Wills n Kate taken over the top job as for sure that would of be a huge plus with the general public and given the monarchy a huge boost.

DM

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 9, 2023, 11:43 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 9, 2023, 11:29 am
mak wrote:
Top pic ... far left 3 just there for the cake who ever they are and the bonkers looking old dear second in from the right between Sphie n Eddie obviously out on day release .. im all for the monarchy but the slimmed down version so these four old crustys should be pensioned off..
Didnt see much of Zara n Mike Tindall at the big doo also Eugene n Beatrice were also in the wings ..

As a keen historian and royal observer the late HMQ was always gonna be a hard act to follow such was her length of reign and popularity.
I hope Charles n Camilla will prove to be excellent heads of state .. though i do think Charles should of stepped aside n Wills n Kate taken over the top job as for sure that would of be a huge plus with the general public and given the monarchy a huge boost.

DM
Tradition dictates that you do it the right way. Now it's the turn of Charles and Camilla. William and Kate will get their turn next.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 9, 2023, 12:05 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 9, 2023, 11:43 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 9, 2023, 11:29 am
mak wrote:

DM
Tradition dictates that you do it the right way. Now it's the turn of Charles and Camilla. William and Kate will get their turn next.
Tradition (and the law) also dicates the right for the next in line to the throne to stand aside or abdicate... im predicting Charles will abdicate after a few years allowing Wills to take over whilst still relatively young in an attempt to modernize and save the monarchy.

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 9, 2023, 12:17 pm

Would be fitting if William is the last monarch in say 2066

Started with William 1066 so after 1000 yrs its pretty much run its race

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 9, 2023, 12:22 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
May 9, 2023, 7:02 am
Having waited ove 70 years to watch this, I did watch it all .Apart from one or two hiccups, a well p[lanned and executed event 70 years in the making and in my mind well worth the time spent.
To those who rubbish the celebration, the pagentry, the general feeling of happiness, I say look to your own countries, and stop trashing a country , just becasue you can.
Makes you all look petty and childish and certainly does no endear some to those who actually like being British .
I have seen so-called pagentry in other countries , from chewing gum officinardos to generally sloppy drills, I do think the British do put on a fine display ( I ay be slightly bias ). Challenge any oher countrry to put o a similar display with the same precision , not including those countries where military parades are the norm to show Power over the People
Agree KP

With regard to awesome pageantry at state funerals , royal weddings and coronations there are IMO only two nations that can top the bill ... Britain and Thailand , no bias at all my opinion is based on fact and experiences in both countries.

DM

Return to “U.K.”