General Discussion of UK Politics

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: General Discussion of UK Politics

Post by tamada » October 4, 2021, 11:51 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
October 4, 2021, 10:18 pm
If you really want that question answered Jack, perhaps you should phone up the new govt Brexit Helpline (In India), they couldnt even give the job of trying to help people through the nightmare to a company in Britain.
As for the Blue passports ............ now manufactured in Tczew Poland whereas the old EU style ones were made in Gateshead
I have to admit that when BOJO said that there would be major advantages I thought he was lying, but I have to hold my hands up and admit he was right ........ There have been major advantages in France, Germany, Holland, Poland, Italy, Ireland and just about all current EU member states caused by Brexit :-"

If we talk nicely to EU they may agree to smuggle some extra Turkeys and Sprouts over the border in time for xmas (providing theres enough space amongst the rest of the contraband being sent through unchecked)
Before it gets all too unbearable, one could move to Scotland, no? That's the closest the Remainers ever going to get to rejoining the EU. Despite the temptations of a Shetland paradise, just make sure you don't leave the mainland.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 5, 2021, 12:27 am

Ive booked me staycation in the Isle of Moan

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » October 5, 2021, 1:16 am

Sorted
Attachments
49731A9B-63B4-4EFE-8320-FF8AF849A838.jpeg

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 6, 2021, 12:15 pm

jackspratt wrote:
October 4, 2021, 8:15 pm
A Brexit perspective from the colonies - and one sure to warm statto's heart. :D

https://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/episo ... t/13569402

Was it really worth it, just to get blue passports back? :-k
That's hilarious. The British governing class needs to get its act together swiftly or serious shxt looms. I'm not optimistic with the lazy lard in charge.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 4, 2021, 3:48 pm

It is truly heart warming to see all variants of the UK's mainstream media totally ignoring First Minister Sturgeon and her increasingly irrelevant and desperate SNP while the PM and his cohorts assert themselves north of the border at COP26.

By the same token, it is truly heart warming to see all variants of the UK's mainstream media hanging on PM Johnson's every self-aggrandizing, grandiloquent blathering while he and his cohorts deflect from the real world while north of the border at COP26.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 6, 2021, 2:31 am

Buffoonery at its best from BoJo. It's a shame he cocked up the Paterson thing, needs to work harder on corrupt practices in my view.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » November 6, 2021, 9:53 pm

Bojo's expertise is in lying, deceit and opportunism, corruption he is still studying. Will graduate soon.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 15, 2021, 2:42 pm

In the latest opinion poll, the deeply unpopular and rudderless Labour Party led by the insipid and vacuous Keir Starmer have taken a lead over the erudite Tories led by the eloquent and masterful Boris Johnson.

Doesn't take much these days.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ze-fallout

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/johnso ... 021-11-13/
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 15, 2021, 2:47 pm

Too be honest ever since the onset of Covid and all the problems that has brought to Governments internationally, I find that the UK Government ios no better than most others. Not one leader is inspiring nor able to come across as a person to whom one could turn too if the chips are down.
In short a load of useless people increasingly out of touch with reality and those they are supposed to serve. A sad fact seem to be following other countries with Muppets and Morons in charge.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » November 15, 2021, 3:14 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
November 15, 2021, 2:47 pm
Too be honest ever since the onset of Covid and all the problems that has brought to Governments internationally, I find that the UK Government ios no better than most others. Not one leader is inspiring nor able to come across as a person to whom one could turn too if the chips are down.
In short a load of useless people increasingly out of touch with reality and those they are supposed to serve. A sad fact seem to be following other countries with Muppets and Morons in charge.
Dont agree with you very often KP but unfortunately Boris is the first to show at least a wee bit of male testosterone in his central regions. Maggie frightened everyone including Reagan etc, she also recognised that the outdated subsidised Nationalised industries had to go sooner or later. She is the only reason I voted Tory then and have never since. Now we have a bunch of professional politicians who spend there days pontificating and really doing **** all else. That includes all parties, some more than others.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 15, 2021, 3:28 pm

Lets face it the UK has led the way when it comes to appointing "Muppets & Morons" to thr top job .......

Churchill
Anthony Eden
Harry McMillan
Alec Douglas Home
Ted Heath
Maggie Thatcher
John Major
David Cameron
Thetesa May
Bojo the clown

And thats only during my lifetime

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 15, 2021, 3:48 pm

You conveniently left out the Labour ones, one wonders why I ask myself

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 15, 2021, 3:52 pm

Labour ones were just annoying at times as opposed to being downright Morons & Muppets like every one on the list

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 15, 2021, 3:55 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 15, 2021, 3:52 pm
Labour ones were just annoying at times as opposed to being downright Morons & Muppets like every one on the list
Really I remember them squandering the wealth that the Tories had built up but then what would expect from Labour, very quick to criticise but useless at Government . By the way it wasa a LABOUR leader that tried to make peace with HITLER says it all really.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 15, 2021, 6:19 pm

Squandering? Oh you mean giving the wealth to the people instead of pocketing it themselves

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 15, 2021, 6:37 pm

AlexO wrote:
November 15, 2021, 3:14 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
November 15, 2021, 2:47 pm
Dont agree with you very often KP but unfortunately Boris is the first to show at least a wee bit of male testosterone in his central regions. Maggie frightened everyone including Reagan etc, she also recognised that the outdated subsidised Nationalised industries had to go sooner or later. She is the only reason I voted Tory then and have never since. Now we have a bunch of professional politicians who spend there days pontificating and really doing **** all else. That includes all parties, some more than others.
Maggie had one
Boris is one.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 15, 2021, 6:41 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 15, 2021, 6:19 pm
Squandering? Oh you mean giving the wealth to the people instead of pocketing it themselves
Maybe you can drop by next Friday's UFES meeting and show off that cheque you got from Jim Callaghan?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 15, 2021, 9:51 pm

Sorry tam, im still busy spending the money maggie gave me to check the work being done by the 3 people employed to do the job I did before privatisation. I got a double promotion (senior clerk to middle management) and spent over a year re doing the work I had previously done on my own.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 16, 2021, 6:59 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 15, 2021, 3:55 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
Really I remember them squandering the wealth that the Tories had built up but then what would expect from Labour, very quick to criticise but useless at Government . By the way it wasa a LABOUR leader that tried to make peace with HITLER says it all really.
As war is dissimilar to peace, appeasement and surrender are two radically different constructs.

Appeasement was a necessary process given that Britain in the 1930's had neither the money nor the will to face up to an increasingly belligerent Germany. It's important to note which party broke the Munich Agreement. Irregardless of their indebtedness to third parties, viewed through the prism of the victor, Chamberlain's appeasement will always be a dirty word to some.

More recently, we frequently witness these "accords" and "agreements" being put in place by politicians of every leaning just to constrain modern-day belligerents. Unfortunately, in some instances, one can only kick the can down the road so far.

Horse trading: it's not just for the Mongolian nomads any more.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 16, 2021, 8:29 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 15, 2021, 3:55 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
At least he didnt hand the "munitions" contract to Siemens for a backhander =;

Return to “U.K.”