Re: General Discussion of UK Politics

Post by stattointhailand » April 13, 2023, 8:06 pm

lace.png

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 13, 2023, 8:17 pm

Mr Mason sounds like a whinger to me.

Can't he recognise the value to his business, and the UK economy in general, in having a blue cover on his passport?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 13, 2023, 10:08 pm

jackspratt wrote:
April 13, 2023, 8:17 pm
Mr Mason sounds like a whinger to me.

Can't he recognise the value to his business, and the UK economy in general, in having a blue cover on his passport?
family business for 200 years going through hard times because of Brexit, and you call him a whinger? Are you being sarcastic or for real. I do not see any humour in a business being screwed because of a poor decision.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » April 14, 2023, 4:34 am

Always nice to have the whole Story.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-derbyshire-65254362
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 5, 2023, 11:26 pm

An interesting opinion on the short-lived Trussonomics.

Was the media and traditional financial group think the real reason she was outlived by a lettuce?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... ssonomics/
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » September 6, 2023, 5:55 pm

Giving links to subscription only websites is pretty pointless, Tam.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 7, 2023, 9:05 am

rick wrote:
September 6, 2023, 5:55 pm
Giving links to subscription only websites is pretty pointless, Tam.
I don't have a subscription and I managed to read the whole article and several others.

2 out of 10
Must try harder
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » September 7, 2023, 3:14 pm

where did you read it? I tried your link again on my PC and i can only see 2 lines of text and a photo of Truss, otherwise need to subscribe (even if free for 4 months). The subscription 'offer' blocks the rest even when trying to scroll down.

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » September 7, 2023, 6:38 pm

I always get the pay wall too. I think Tam may be a secret subscriber.
Telegraph.jpg
If I am interested enough to try harder (which is not very often) I copy/paste the headline into a search engine and read it in a source like Yahoo news that doesn't incessantly ask for money per the Telegraph, NY Times and other MSM models.

https://news.yahoo.com/one-three-big-ca ... 00408.html
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 7, 2023, 9:16 pm

I'll post this one again, for those who weren't around at the time, or didn't see it originally:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=51358

ps it's still working. 👍

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 9, 2023, 9:49 am

The Tories are gonna trash the bus so badly before they lose the next election that it will languish in the Labour body shop for at least three years while they try in vain to get it through it's MOT and back on the road. Being suitably hamstrung, they will be unable to deliver on their core policies and promises. Tories will then be blaming this torpor on Labour being not fit for purpose which is only a half truth as they've inherited a wreck. The British voter, eagerly embracing the short-termism that comes from enduring the "new normal" of three PM's in as many months, will vote Tory again. The Tories are reelected with such a collosal dead cat bounce that Labour will be totally destroyed and cast into the wilderness. This will ensure a reign of Conservative money grabbing, boot-filling and social destruction longer and deeper than any of their previous ones.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 23, 2023, 1:02 pm

I must say, I'm warming to this wishy washy, flippy floppy Rishi chap who just kicked the carbon neutral can a bit further down the road. Allowing another five years of fossil fuel powered locomotion for the hapless Brits, what's not to like?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 23, 2023, 4:39 pm

tamada wrote:
September 9, 2023, 9:49 am
The British voter, eagerly embracing the short-termism that comes from enduring the "new normal" of three PM's in as many months, will vote Tory again. The Tories are reelected with such a collosal dead cat bounce that Labour will be totally destroyed and cast into the wilderness. This will ensure a reign of Conservative money grabbing, boot-filling and social destruction longer and deeper than any of their previous ones.
Fairer contests, better outcomes: Labour stands to gain from electoral reform

The Guardian, September 2022

Robert Ford

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... tem-labour
Analysis by Sir John Curtice suggests the system is currently more biased towards the Conservatives than at any time since the 1950s, when the Conservatives won two elections despite losing the popular vote.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 25, 2023, 3:43 am

Earnest wrote:
September 23, 2023, 4:39 pm
tamada wrote:
September 9, 2023, 9:49 am
The British voter, eagerly embracing the short-termism that comes from enduring the "new normal" of three PM's in as many months, will vote Tory again. The Tories are reelected with such a collosal dead cat bounce that Labour will be totally destroyed and cast into the wilderness. This will ensure a reign of Conservative money grabbing, boot-filling and social destruction longer and deeper than any of their previous ones.
Fairer contests, better outcomes: Labour stands to gain from electoral reform

The Guardian, September 2022

Robert Ford

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... tem-labour
Analysis by Sir John Curtice suggests the system is currently more biased towards the Conservatives than at any time since the 1950s, when the Conservatives won two elections despite losing the popular vote.
Good read there, thanks.

Despite the glowing example of New Zealand's fairer elections and their 2020 landslide, even with Mother Jacinda pulling the pin, it appears Labour's headed for an exit in next year's vote. But this may also be a benefit of proportional representation, where you can't muddle along in power just because the main opposition party is in perpetual flux and has their pants on back to front.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 4, 2023, 1:23 am

I want cheaper food. I want hormone injected beef
from Australia. I've eaten beef in Australia, it's delicious.
There's nothing wrong with it.
Jacob Rees Mogg

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23828 ... lian-beef/
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 5, 2023, 12:45 am

~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 6, 2023, 11:42 am

So, HS2 will now stop at Watford Gap and buses will run the extra bit to Birmingham New Street.

In other news, Labour absolutely smashed SNP in the Rutherglen byelection. This was called after the former SNP MP was done for breaching Covid rules, lying about it and, after getting kicked out of the SNP and suspended from Westminster, holding on as an Independent (idiot). The travails of the former First Minister and her husband, both embroiled in scandal and a police investigation, didn't do the SNP any favors either. Good.

Much being made of this victory being the start of great things for Scottish Labour and the precursor to a Labour victory in next year's General Election. However, with a little over 37% of wee, apathetic, lowlander jocks bothering to vote, it's more like a fart in a thunderstorm.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 30, 2023, 9:18 am

Two more significant by-election losses resulting in more-of-the-same denials from #10 that there's a problem in the Tory household. Most of their stalwarts have already bottled on re-election because they know their arses are about to be handed to them.

So it's up to a whole generation of new... wait, I still haven't found anything that suggests who or what seeks to replace them. Maybe that 30-year-old non-combatant that Boris mysteriously gave a life-peerage to as well as a couple of other green horn Millennials that Boris recently ennobled gives us a clue?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 30, 2023, 9:19 am

5485.jpg
Braverman!
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » October 31, 2023, 8:05 am

tamada wrote:
October 30, 2023, 9:19 am
5485.jpg
Once again Tam panders to his left wing cuddle buddies who would have us believe that the Tories are the only people in the UK that are against illegal migrants invading UK shores.
He uses the emotive term Refugee's to tug at the heartstrings of most normal people when in fact he is really meaning Illegal Migrants.
The UK has a tremendous record of providing succour to real Refugee's hence the thousands of Ukrainian Refugees now living in the UK as an example.
What the UK Gov (and most normal Brits) is against is the people trafficked illegals who arrive by sea in little boats from safe havens such as France. The same illegals who have deliberately thrown away their identity documents and 'if caught' are provided with accommodation and basic living expenses (8 million UK pounds a day in hotel charges) Then they are pandered too by the kid on Human Rights organisations and the parasitical legal people who are also funded by the UK Gov.
Below is the definition of a Legal Migrant.
What is the difference between a migrant and a refugee?
A migrant is someone who chooses to move, not because of a direct threat of persecution or death, but mainly to improve their lives through work opportunities, education, family reunification or other reasons. Unlike refugees who cannot safely return home, migrants face no such impediment to return.
The illegal invaders who come over from France may have the same goals but are not doing it legally.

Return to “U.K.”