Post by mak » July 8, 2022, 5:12 pm

Boris at the Job Center.
Attachments
Boris job.jpg

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Re: General Discussion of UK Politics

Post by JimboPSM » July 8, 2022, 5:47 pm

A report by Christiane Amanpour (CNN) on Johnson and his resignation.

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 8, 2022, 5:51 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
July 8, 2022, 1:26 pm
It really says something about the Tory party when the media suggest 8 or 9 possible candidates and the only one of those to have any credibility is Isaac (Jeremy Hunt)

Still its nice to know that Bojo wont go empty handed as hes entitled to a 25% bonus or almost 20k (for being useless and resigning) as have all the other ministers that belatedly resigned yesterday .......... (whats another half million of taxpayers money between friends .......nothing new there)
Ben Wallace is the early front-runner. He would get my nod if it mattered. Solid, ex-army, no skeletons, no faff.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » July 8, 2022, 6:54 pm

James O'Brien's farewell message to Boris Johnson on LBC

A heartfelt exposé by James O'Brien covering just a very small part from the relentless spewing of lies, hypocrisy and BS of Johnson, his henchmen and his enablers.

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 8, 2022, 8:09 pm

The message that keeps coming out from the commentators is about the rank hypocrisy of the ministers and others who have finally discovered morality and honesty within their very shallow souls.

The same ones who elected, and enabled this caricature of a politician for the past 3 years, despite knowing that he has never been anything but lying,venal and self-serving for his entire adult life.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 8, 2022, 8:45 pm

jackspratt wrote:
July 8, 2022, 8:09 pm
The message that keeps coming out from the commentators is about the rank hypocrisy of the ministers and others who have finally discovered morality and honesty within their very shallow souls.

The same ones who elected, and enabled this caricature of a politician for the past 3 years, despite knowing that he has never been anything but lying,venal and self-serving for his entire adult life.
Wasn't that also the issue with Morrison? And Trump?

Got to agree though. I reckon Starmer nailed it at the last PMQ's when he likened the Tory's belated rush to resign as the 'charge of the lightweight brigade'.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 8, 2022, 9:10 pm

I thought the first case of "the ships deserting a RAT" comment was very apt

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 9, 2022, 8:32 pm

I was going to say Ben Wallace for PM but he's just said he's not interested and happy to stick with the Defence portfolio.

So I had a trawl through the rather shallow pool of Tory candidates and I'm rather liking the cut of Rehman Chishti's jib.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 9, 2022, 8:47 pm

A question that I am sure has been exercising the minds of fair minded people everywhere.

Are Boris and Carrie entitled to a (pro-rata) refund of the big quids they spent on redecorating No 11, in anticipation of living there for the next decade?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 9, 2022, 9:02 pm

jackspratt wrote:
July 9, 2022, 8:47 pm
A question that I am sure has been exercising the minds of fair minded people everywhere.

Are Boris and Carrie entitled to a (pro-rata) refund of the big quids they spent on redecorating No 11, in anticipation of living there for the next decade?
Didn't the taxpayer fork out for the bulk of those expenses? I wouldn't be surprised if protocol allows them to claim back money they never spent.

Much is already been made of this with focus on a £3800 golden Nureyev drinks trolley. I guess it's up to the new squatter at #10/11 to decide if Carrie's taste is just too terribly gauche and chintzy. Either way, they'll have their own coterie of flunkies to happily approve and sign off on the expenses.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 9, 2022, 9:17 pm

I read somewhere that new tenants at No 11 were entitled to 30k (quid) for renovations from the public purse - hence Boris's seeking out of donors so that Carrie and the sprogs could live in the splendour they were entitled to.

Perhaps one of our Pommie correspondents could clarify.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 10, 2022, 1:23 am

I see Johnson, the Russian asset, recently admitted meeting socially with the Lebedevs without any officials present just after a NATO meeting and not long after the Russians poisoned, I think it was, the Skripals in Salisbury. No doubt the Russians had done their research and had plenty of Johnson's preferred alcoholic beverages present and their recording equipment all primed. What a loser. It's shameful this wasn't sorted out years ago and Johnson dismissed from the office he then held. The British system of government seems to be failing on multiple fronts.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 10, 2022, 8:29 am

Stop yakking on about the "British system of government" failing. Try and keep it in perspective. A disreputable PM supported by a deplorable faction of a political party has been in charge for a tad less than three years and is on the way out.

Now, name me a country with the perfect political setup.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 10, 2022, 3:45 pm

Unfortunately there are a large population (not only in Britain) that vote with one thing in mind ....Me Me Me, as opposed to all of us ........... what these selfish twats dont seem to realise (whichever side of the pond your from) is that those you vote for have EXACTLY the same mentality, so it will always end up with Them Them Them BEFORE any crumbs trickle down to You You You

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 10, 2022, 7:30 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
July 10, 2022, 3:45 pm
Unfortunately there are a large population (not only in Britain) that vote with one thing in mind ....Me Me Me, as opposed to all of us ........... what these selfish twats dont seem to realise (whichever side of the pond your from) is that those you vote for have EXACTLY the same mentality, so it will always end up with Them Them Them BEFORE any crumbs trickle down to You You You
This from a chap who last voted... when was that again?

People are sheeple. They follow the example of their elected leaders. They aren't blessed with unique, habit-changing superpowers that the politico's tap into and say, "Oh my, that's a get rich quick scheme I hadn't thought of before."

In the UK, it's the swivel-eyed Tory loons that have inculcated this generation of me, me, me. An obscene blob of self-centered, self-adulating and self-entitled proles. It's not the other way round. There's loads of them STILL phoning in to chat radio to claim how Boris was the best thing since sliced loaf and he has been done in by jealousy and petty rivalries. They need a hard slap.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 11, 2022, 7:32 am

tamada wrote:
July 10, 2022, 8:29 am
Stop yakking on about the "British system of government" failing. Try and keep it in perspective. A disreputable PM supported by a deplorable faction of a political party has been in charge for a tad less than three years and is on the way out.

Strawman although the Americans get a worse grade in dealing with Trump.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 11, 2022, 7:56 am

GT93 wrote:
July 11, 2022, 7:32 am
tamada wrote:
July 10, 2022, 8:29 am

Strawman although the Americans get a worse grade in dealing with Trump.
This is about UK politics. Stop yakking about Trump and/or the US here.

The unwritten UK constitution is being tested here. That's democracy at work. The "British system of government" is NOT failing.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » July 11, 2022, 10:46 am

"Off with their heads."

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 11, 2022, 11:16 am

We haven't had ANY government for the last 3 years .........we've had a lunatic and a bunch of yesmen/women

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 11, 2022, 12:16 pm

The system has failed. A Prime Minister with Johnson's obvious lack of integrity shouldn't last even close to three years.

I now understand that there are integrity issues against Nadhim Zahawi. Johnson, not surprisingly, didn't give them much weight in appointing him Chancellor. A Chancellor being investigated, I believe, by his own department. :shock:

Return to “U.K.”