General Discussion of UK Politics

GT93
udonmap.com

Re: General Discussion of UK Politics

Post by GT93 » June 22, 2022, 1:11 am

Yes, he's a moron. I wonder how close in the early days of Covid he came to getting deliberately infected. Boofhead.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 22, 2022, 1:13 pm

Another case of Bojo and his mates riding roughshot over our history

https://spitalfieldslife.com/2022/06/22 ... rick-lane/

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » June 23, 2022, 3:03 pm

From what I recall, having worked around the corner in "Norton Folgate" for a few years back in the 70's the area was a sh**hole, the only positive I remember was being able to buy a beer at 07.00am after my Nightshift in the market, the area was gradually turning into a Curry House ghetto. Who are these people complaining about redevelopment, I would suggest that they are not part of the original indigenous population so whose history are we talking about.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 23, 2022, 3:25 pm

"In recent years, Spitalfields has faced a wave of soulless corporate development spreading from the west, inflicting ugly steel and glass blocks that are entirely at odds with the narrow streets of old brick buildings here. First it was the Spitalfields Market, then the Fruit & Wool Exchange and Norton Folgate, and now the wave has reached the historic Truman Brewery, where a massive shopping mall with offices on top is proposed.

So far, these developments have all served as extensions of the business culture of the City of London and offer little to the residents of the East End where the priorities are for housing and affordable workspace. The Truman Brewery is the largest undeveloped site in Spitalfields and it needs a planning brief created in consultation with the community which reflects the needs of local people, rather than more bland corporate offices, chain retail and bars."

Then again .... nobody is going to make a small fortune delivering what people actually want =;
Truman.png
Truman2.png

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » June 23, 2022, 3:58 pm

Too late, the local people as you call them will now be foreigners who are far more interested in turning traditional buildings such as our long lost pubs into Mosques. Property owners in this area will be high earners as a basic terrace will now be valued in the millions.
Any campaign to save our history should have been started before planning was granted for all the Mosques and Curry Houses. As I said before, our history in this area has already been eradicated.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 23, 2022, 4:24 pm

That's why it is so important to save a little bit of the history for future generations and not let pure greed destroy what is left

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 23, 2022, 5:44 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
June 23, 2022, 3:58 pm
Too late, the local people as you call them will now be foreigners who are far more interested in turning traditional buildings such as our long lost pubs into Mosques. Property owners in this area will be high earners as a basic terrace will now be valued in the millions.
Any campaign to save our history should have been started before planning was granted for all the Mosques and Curry Houses. As I said before, our history in this area has already been eradicated.
Have the resident anglo saxons steadily been emigrating in increasing numbers?

Has their procreation rate dropped off?

Where have all these "foreigners" suddenly come from?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » June 23, 2022, 6:29 pm

Any answers from me to your questions would be purely guesswork. It must be over twenty years since I last set foot on this bastion of English heritage, there were alot of men with beards waring nightshirts and I remember I couldn't read the strange Graffiti writing on the ancient old buff stock bricks.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 23, 2022, 6:51 pm

The area around brick lane has ALWAYS been an area occupied by foreign workers. Back in the early years (mid 1700s to mid 1800's) it was occupied by mainly Huguenots fleeing the Religious persecution in France who set up a thriving textile production .......... they were the first group who the name Refuge was used to describe. As the Huguenots became more "English" they tended to move further away from the Spitalfields area which left room for the Jews to fill their place in the textile producing area as they arrived from mainland Europe. The Jews were the main occupants of the Brick Lane area until early/mid 20th cent when they spread further North in London and were replaced by the next group of textile workers (mainly Bangladeshi).

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » June 23, 2022, 7:10 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 23, 2022, 6:51 pm
The area around brick lane has ALWAYS been an area occupied by foreign workers. Back in the early years (mid 1700s to mid 1800's) it was occupied by mainly Huguenots fleeing the Religious persecution in France who set up a thriving textile production .......... they were the first group who the name Refuge was used to describe. As the Huguenots became more "English" they tended to move further away from the Spitalfields area which left room for the Jews to fill their place in the textile producing area as they arrived from mainland Europe. The Jews were the main occupants of the Brick Lane area until early/mid 20th cent when they spread further North in London and were replaced by the next group of textile workers (mainly Bangladeshi).
I had a look at the area's history too, regardless of who lived there, the area was a mess and still is a mess, apart from those who like the odd "Ruby" or a stroll through the market why would anyone want to go visit.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 23, 2022, 8:44 pm

People come from all over the world to take in the history of the area, visit where family once lived/worked etc;
Sclater st has weavers house museum (thanks to these people who saved it from being bulldozed a few years ago)
Do you think that tourists shouldnt visit Venice (that was a right stinking mess last time I was there)
Just found the details of a London Walk that you may care to peruse as it shows that there is plenty to see in the East End that is not a mess or a Ruby house :lol:

https://alondoninheritance.com/tag/sclater-street/

I'm quite sure that there are plenty of "malls" in Oxford St and plenty of yuppy flats in Battersea to keep the steel & glass lovers drooling for many years :-"

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 23, 2022, 9:03 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
June 23, 2022, 3:58 pm
When it comes to the demise of British city pubs, it was the greed of breweries and their "tied houses" that killed them off, not the Muslims. They just grasped these new opportunities faster. Not their fault that the indigenous anglo saxons didn't make for friendly neighbors.

Lots of impressive but moribund churches in Aberdeen became bars and night clubs. I recall when the first one went up for planning permission and the calls of sacrilege were long and loud but eventually the voice of reason prevailed. Now, on a Saturday night, the city streets are littered with kebabs and vomit and shop entrances smell of pish. Nary a Muslim in sight either.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 23, 2022, 9:09 pm

Back on topic, just caught up with last Wednesday's PMQ's and I must say Starmer was in fine song whereas Johnson seemed more muted and somewhat flat. So much so that by the end of their joust, the Tory benches had a, "What the f*@# was that?" look on their faces.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 23, 2022, 9:37 pm

Just been announced that BA staff have voted to strike ...... 95+% voted to strike with 80+% turnout, so not far off unanimous

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 23, 2022, 10:17 pm

Now is the summer of our discontent.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » June 24, 2022, 2:36 am

No one has said that Pubs were closed due to a Muslim invasion, I have reported what I have noticed with my own eyes and my experience of the area, not some biased reporting from some "Google Head"
Not only was it the Brewery's greed that helped to close many pubs, the smoking ban played a significant role along with Stricter Health and Safety rules and allowing children into an adult setting.
My father used to run "The Old Kings Head" in Shoreditch, I used to spend many a lunch break in various Pubs in the area, Topless bars, Uncensored Stand Up comedians, Strippers were the norm in those days. Whether you like to hear it or not many of these pubs are now mini Mosques.
Fortunately, The Old Kings Head, to my knowledge from one of my visiting daughters, still trades as a Pub.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 24, 2022, 7:26 am

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
June 24, 2022, 2:36 am
No one has said that Pubs were closed due to a Muslim invasion, I have reported what I have noticed with my own eyes and my experience of the area, not some biased reporting from some "Google Head"
Not only was it the Brewery's greed that helped to close many pubs, the smoking ban played a significant role along with Stricter Health and Safety rules and allowing children into an adult setting.
My father used to run "The Old Kings Head" in Shoreditch, I used to spend many a lunch break in various Pubs in the area, Topless bars, Uncensored Stand Up comedians, Strippers were the norm in those days. Whether you like to hear it or not many of these pubs are now mini Mosques.
Fortunately, The Old Kings Head, to my knowledge from one of my visiting daughters, still trades as a Pub.
Bloody 'ell, now your bringing back memories. One of the girls in my office used to strip in the evenings to earn some extra dosh, and as we lived near to each other I sometimes went with her for the evening as a "chaperone" between pubs (she worked two or three pubs a night) and then her mum would pick us both up and drop me off at home. I got free beer for the evening and a lift home. 10 Bells, Axe, White Horse, Spread Eagle, Browns, Crown & Shuttle (Monday special was something else) and a couple of others I've forgotten the names of :-k
If I was a bit more like Bojo I would have got "Christie" (stage name) a job in my department :-"

BTW The Old Kings head was still going in 2020 according to pub history

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » June 24, 2022, 7:43 am

Yeh, them was the days, I soon learnt not to stand at the front of the crowd when the comedians were on, anyone with something to fuel his/her act were easy targets, fat, thin, buck teeth, big noses, tits, skin colour were easy targets, I used get a buzz just walking through the door, party atmosphere and good natured banter.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 24, 2022, 9:27 am

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
June 24, 2022, 2:36 am
Can you tell the difference between a mosque, a Muslim Cultural Centre and a Madrasa? I honestly can't. I don't read squiggly either.

Either way, the vast majority of those with "beards and nightshirts" are first, second and third generation British citizens of a different ethnicity. Nobody's being invaded here.

Whether you like to hear it or not and much more recently, a lot of churches have become pubs and clubs.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 24, 2022, 9:34 am

Waiting with bated breath on the by-election results. Just heard the Tory candidate for Wakefield skating around the questions as artfully as Johnson and invoking his lie that the incumbents always fare badly in mid-term. Agreed but they don't tend to lose constituencies they have held in perpetuity.

Twice.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “U.K.”