Admin

Re: Boris rides roughshod over his own Cabinet

Post by Udon Map » June 22, 2020, 9:25 am

mech_401 wrote:
June 22, 2020, 9:21 am
mathusalah80 wrote:
June 21, 2020, 12:49 pm
And the Author is?
it comes from a book titled cracks in the ivory tower . a look at higher education in u.s. and what it increasingly " isn't ". many academic depts at various unis provide source material , and that's where excerpt comes from but no author given
There you go. But more important than the identity of the author, IMO, -- do you agree with the statement, mathusalah80?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 22, 2020, 12:18 pm

Maybe philosophers can make good PM's but so far Johnson has shown profound weaknesses in both endeavours.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 22, 2020, 7:45 pm

mech_401 wrote:
June 21, 2020, 11:53 am
there you go , i've nothing against socratic method
or whatever they're teaching the next generation
of politicians. or lawyers/ students of education

but in this case, it just ends up being a contest with who is the more clever boy on pitch
Or, in Johnson's case, the boy that only sounds more clever.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 20, 2021, 9:00 pm

Priti Patel Admits Borders Should have Closed Last March

https://order-order.com/2021/01/20/excl ... ch-listen/

Starmer latched onto this at PMQ's today, asking Johnson TWICE why he had overridden the advice of his Home Secretary last year. Johnson answered TWICE with the claim that they have "instituted one of the toughest border regimes in the world".

However, only yesterday, after the UK's earlier false start on all people arriving in the UK having to possess a valid negative coronavirus test or face a £500 fine, the border agencies are already reporting that they have been dispensing fines... and then letting them come in anyway.

Proof, if ever proof was needed that Boris does live on another bloody planet.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 21, 2021, 8:04 am

Perhaps its a Priti world tam ..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Na8WMYWm28

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 21, 2021, 9:09 am

Thanks for the vid statts .. isnt Priti so pretty ??? .. a stunner...theres a place in my heart for her , and my underpants.

I see you are still very anti Boris and Co Statts .. because he succeeded n got brexit done and so far its not been the armmeggedon predicted by you and many more . IMO what will be Boris (and eventually the Tory partyies ) downfall is the shambolic handling of Covid ..OH and Carrie Symonds wearing the trousers.

Nigel Farage Reform party waiting in the wings and already polling higher than the LIB DEMS .. not too difficult as they are more or less finished but this after only a week or so of the RP being registered.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 21, 2021, 10:17 am

stattointhailand wrote:
January 21, 2021, 8:04 am
Perhaps its a Priti world tam ..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Na8WMYWm28
heffer.jpg
Blue bell tent sighted on Downing Street
And she pontificates about what she classes as exercise?

I was wondering about this 'we' she refers to when she's talking about this 'Kent strain' that nobody's mentioned before? So I did some sleuthing and calling it the "Kent strain" is propagating the myth that this highly infectious strain was brought in by illegal immigrants.

"The new coronavirus strain, thought to be up to 70 per cent more infectious, was first discovered in Kent.

Anti-immigration groups appear to have seized the opportunity to suggest the new strain of coronavirus could have been imported by asylum seekers.

It is increasingly referred to as "the Kent variant".

A tweet by Migration Watch made the unsubstantiated link between its discovery in September and the record number of Channel crossings by refugees that month.

As KentLive revealed earlier this month, the new strain was first discovered in a sample from a person who lived near Canterbury.

Scientists confirmed to us that sample location data was based on residency provided by public health authorities.

This means that whoever the first person was would have had UK residency."

https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-new ... ms-4901184

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 21, 2021, 10:31 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 21, 2021, 9:09 am
... Reform party waiting in the wings and already polling higher than the LIB DEMS ...

DM
ROFLMAO, that's akin to saying that Scunthorpe are one point above Wolves.

PS: I don't like Piers Morgan much but thanks for the vid of him enlarging your favorite MILF's arsehole.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 21, 2021, 11:01 am

I am amazed how good all posters hindsight is, but I bet none of you would have done any better , so easy to criticise from the shores of Thailand or wherever you may be , than actually having to deal with the other politicians plus the public, many of whom did absolutely nothing to stop the spread.
The fact that Boris is still trying his best rather than cutting and running speaks volumes, in my book, a buffoon and a person who always speaks up the situation, untidily dressed and his hair a disaster BUT I would not his job at any price.

SURE with hindsight things could have been done differently but with the fast moving pace of the changes and the speed of transmission, reminds me of the man with his finger stuck in a hole in the dyke, and another leak happens, soon, you run out of fingers and you get swamped, I liken this to that, you stop one problem and another one happens, some would say you should have known. Really with something that appears to be determined to continue its relentless march across the planet, carrying all before it, mutating as it goes, we are forever playing catch up as many have denounced this as a blip NOT a serious, life changing problem which IT IS !

I am more worried about the latest report on ANTIBIOTICS with many previously easily cured illnesses now becoming Anti-biotic resistance , those illnesses that we know can be cured and ARE killers are now becoming less easily kept under control as we as a Humkan Race have overused Antibiotics for too long. I remember a study I did some years ago where Antibiotics are over-prescribed here, now we may have had the problem by the tail, but NOWE the problem is getting far worse.

The chance of dying from Covid 19 is less than dying from some of the other disieases ( killers ) that are becoming Antibiotic resistant . Even harder for those that are allergic to Penicillin

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 21, 2021, 1:10 pm

^ But KP, none of us here are elected or trained to do better. The Tories relentless mollycoddling of the public has led to this popular intransigence that the police force say it is not their duty to control.

Meanwhile, down in Australia where a sense of real urgency made state and national governments go into a hard lockdown with strict enforcement with big fines and detentions from the get-go, all backed up by strictly controlled and monitored repatriation regime including a total ban on non-nationals entering, their results have been the polar opposite of the U.K.

Remember the panic to bring back Britishers from Wuhan and that picture of them being taken in a private bus to their quarantine digs where the bus driver wasn't wearing a mask? The fallacy of the uk.gov website where one had to register online, promise to self-quarantine and show that permit to check-in staff... but could wander into Britain unchallenged and unchecked? Then their decision to let some that had done about 7 weeks of lock-down to take their European summer holidays as some kind of reward, the blowback of which caused the restart of schools and universities to be largely shelved? The joke of the "green light" international summer travel destination list that somehow surpassed the joke of the "eat out to help out" program? The pandering to the gym and pub crowd? Now we have people getting fined on arrival for not bothering to get a PCR test before flying to the UK... and then being allowed to enter anyway with no quarantine effort, nada. These people probably think 500 quid is a drop in the ocean and some are coming back from their winter holidays since their summer one was so rudely interrupted by that pesky Wuflu thing.

I recall reading back in February where it was clearly and repeatedly stated from the WHO on down that there would be two and possible three waves of this pandemic. It was also clearly and repeatedly stated that the second wave would be several orders of magnitude worse than the first. It's not fingers that Boris and his sycophants need, it's a bloody brain. There was the first wave and an incredible sense of having dodged a bullet but after the weather warmed up, the defenses went down. Last year, we could blame some of this imperfect advice on the behind the scenes influence of Cummings. But he's gone now and the shitshow has gotten perceptibly worse. The whole lamentable disinformation about the vaccines where loads of back slapping and talk of 'new dawns' were being ritually trotted out while not fully disclosing the real, extended but limited timeline of hope that it offers.

Nice deflection with the antibiotic story BTW. That's been a 'problem' for at least a decade, no?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 21, 2021, 1:28 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
January 21, 2021, 11:01 am
I am amazed how good all posters hindsight is, but I bet none of you would have done any better , so easy to criticise from the shores of Thailand or wherever you may be , than actually having to deal with the other politicians plus the public, many of whom did absolutely nothing to stop the spread.
The fact that Boris is still trying his best rather than cutting and running speaks volumes, in my book, a buffoon and a person who always speaks up the situation, untidily dressed and his hair a disaster BUT I would not his job at any price.

In response.

i wholesale imported beverages im not a politician ...henceforth i would not have known where to start in dealing with this issue.

Having paid my UK taxes until being 30 yrs of age and having family based in the Uk i feel its fair for me to comment and/or be critical on the handling of covid and any other political situation i feel needs debating.

Opposition parties are there to OPPOSE the sitting government ... but with reference to Brexit it was more blocking and stalling at any cost .. Very sadly the Covid pandemic is constantly being used as a political points scoring exercise and in Boris case he and the Government will never please the opposition parties ... if he single handily stopped covid in a day they would find a way to attack him over it .. no doubt he is doing his best .. but it must be said some shambolic decisions have been made leaving lots of grey areas as discussed by my fav milf Pritti :love: .. i agree with her .. as swiftly acted upon here in Thailand the UK borders should have been closed totally last March .. the fact that thousands still until recently arriving into the UK from all over the world during this whole crisis is in itself negligent.

Boris destiny from an early age was to be PM ..alas his dream job has and is turning into a nightmare... im pleased he is PM at least for all his faults he is stronger than the likes of Theresa May and Co who are still jabbing and twisting a knife into Boris whenever possible .. shameful at a time when the party should surely stick together.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 21, 2021, 2:18 pm

"he likes of Theresa May and Co who are still jabbing and twisting a knife into Boris whenever possible .. shameful at a time when the party should surely stick together."

I suppose that is ONE way to look at the situation :lol: most however would probably say that he is SO BAD that even those on his own team cant find anything good to say about him :-k

BTW

"because he succeeded n got brexit done and so far its not been the armmeggedon predicted by you and many more "

I'm sure the exhaust fumes and sugar fires at Udons fav junction are causing visability problems, but you would need to be blind (or walking round with your eyes closed ....... best option when Priti is around I suppose) not to see the carnage that has been caused in UK .......... and (in the words of the Carpenters) "Its only just begun" :-"

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 22, 2021, 6:31 am

Some of the replies , show that again HINDSIGHT is being uised, complaining about the actions taken and how bad they were and in some cases still are.
I note than with thanks for the replies, but I cannot help but think, and pnder deeply that in truth halkf the problem stems from the fact that although the Government of the day in the UK seem to have done a poor job regarding this Virus and protecting the public as many clain, talking with friends and family in the UK it seems that half the problem was in fact the public themselves, expecting a panacea to be delivered by the Government to end their collective woes.
In some ,cases refusing to wear masks when any idiot would know that they would help , albeit in a small way. Being told to wash hands, a basic hygiene problem that many over the years have ignored . The only NEW one was keeping your distance, it was that I feel was the hardest rule.
Common -sense would tell you that as we age we move around less so ANY infection that attacks your respiratory system would affect the older people more, hence that problem.
BUT COMMON-SENSE seems to have gone the way of the Dodo, people have become so ingrained and helpless that they expect the Government to gently pander to them until their dying day and even then afterwards as well in some cases.

IOver here we learn that the Government will do absolutely nothing to assist you , so we in some cases relearn Common-sense and seek help and formulate plans to help ourselves and each other . Read, search and discuss , and most importantly learn to dis-regard much of the CR*P on Social media about almost anything . Which seems to be a big part of the problem, reminds me of a saying attributed to Buddha, Read, check and check again when you are sure that what is said is true then okay, do not take everything said or read as the TRUTH , by anyone .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 25, 2021, 6:03 am

^ My sister and friends in the UK confirm much of what you say regarding the overwhelming sense of reckless self-entitlement that appears to drive many normal people to ignore the simplest of repeated government health advice. However, when the government appear to be more scared of making themselves (more) unpopular if they make meaningful and enforceable public health control laws than they are of the virus itself, then of course the minority "gym and pub" set will take advantage of it. The police will still sit in their cars, watching large groups of people sledging in the park with ne'er a bubble in sight and occasionally making a show of handing out those FPN's to irresponsible organizers and attendees of raves.

I take your comments as a tacit acknowledgement that there has been no tangible leadership from the PM and the party he leads.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Boris rides roughshod over Parliament

Post by tamada » November 4, 2021, 3:35 pm

Obviously buoyed by some perception of success deep in the heart of enemy territory in Glasgow, Bojo rides to the rescue of a dodgy ex-minister caught on the sleaze so he doesn't get suspended from the UK Parliament. I won't bore anyone with the details but it is akin to someone being found guilty but before they get to the sentencing, it's all suspended while they rewrite the definition of the crime AND the appeals process.

A do-over or. in golfing parlance, a mulligan?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 4, 2021, 5:07 pm

Bit like a presidential pardon maybe ?

He is a septic after all =;

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 4, 2021, 10:29 pm

Not in the least surprised at anything done by this shower of sh*t, the only thing to get shocked about is the fact that Bojo is now "so far out there" that 50 tories defied the 3 line whip and abstained.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 5, 2021, 6:11 am

stattointhailand wrote:
November 4, 2021, 10:29 pm
Not in the least surprised at anything done by this shower of sh*t, the only thing to get shocked about is the fact that Bojo is now "so far out there" that 50 tories defied the 3 line whip and abstained.
Whoop-de-doo! Another yuge u-turn by Bojo who once again trots out JR-M to do the Westminster Squirm (again).

The only thing more repulsive is Paterson's flouncing statement where he blames every c*nt and his dog for his wife's suicide. This after gloating on at least one national television channel yesterday that he would break parliamentary rules on lobbying again. The ***** even says his children told him to leave politics. Not my fault! I am innocent!

Another narcissist dies so let's see how he fairs on the speaking circuit.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 5, 2021, 3:33 pm

I suppose there might be a few other bastards in Westminster taking money from lobbyists. :roll:
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 5, 2021, 4:56 pm

Bojo's attempt to replicate Guy Fawkes?
Remember remember the 5th of November the day the tories killed parliament

Return to “U.K.”