Boris Johnson's Speech 10/05

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Boris Johnson's Speech 10/05

Post by tamada » May 11, 2020, 10:15 pm

^ Starmer isn't shitslinging. He calmly asked the PM for some much needed clarification for the UK public, both for workers and their employers.

There followed an epic round of one-man's impressive but ultimately worthless skills at the game of wiff-waff.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 11, 2020, 10:24 pm

Maybe samster on the ground can confirm are a majority the population happy with how Boris is handling things ..thats what im hearing from my daughter.

My point is.. do those hell bent on slagging off Boris n co at every juncture actually think anyone else if in power would be doing any better in such a ---- situation .. whatever political party , just happens to be the Tories n Bojo in the wrong place at the wrong time to manage the c19 shitstorm ..

Starmer :lol: :lol: classic crisis points scoring

loads of experts on UM ... of which i am not one but i dont let political party bias cloud my views..

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 11, 2020, 10:43 pm

Niggly wrote:
May 11, 2020, 9:33 pm
Surely it’s not the governments responsibility to order PPE.

All the NHS Trust Managers & penpushers are at fault. They have budgets & keep stocks of PPE but failed to act on the warnings

You have got to be joking niggly :lol: and

They run a simulation (Exercise Cygnus) which proved that both the country and NHS were going to fail dramatically if they didn't take measures to increase their preparedness, so what did the govt do ............ cut the funding (again) to the NHS just to make sure that NHS Managers and penpushers did not have the funds to do their job and maintain a stock of PPE at a level that was required. Then when given the chance to at least partially make up for their incompetence they let their politics get in the way (oh we didnt get the e mail in time [-X [-X [-X )

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 12, 2020, 12:58 am

The UK government can't even move and message as one now. :shock: It has grossly mismanaged the UK's Covid 19 response. It looks to be second worst in the first world. The UK shouldn't be bench marking itself against countries such as Italy. It had significantly more time to move than Italy. I'd score Johnson 0/10 or if I'm feeling kind 1/10. He's been shockingly inept and still is. And he knows it judging by his tussle with Starmer at PMQ. Many of the Brexiter politicians live in fantasy land and its shows with their response to Covid 19. Even halfwit government's like the Greeks did way better.

It was the UK government's responsibility to have a pandemic plan and to be ready to swing it into action. They failed Britain and in particular older British residents, their care providers and health workers.

Surely someone at some time made a decision not to stock pile or properly manage PPE. This probably happened multiple times. There should be a criminal investigation into these decisions as the consequences were easily foreseeable. Perhaps in a year or two more Britons will be really angry. Their government's ineptness has resulted in tens of thousands of avoidable deaths and terrible economic damage.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 12, 2020, 1:10 am

Should be interesting the first time someone from England drives into Wales to do some exercise and gets arrested .............. who pays the fine BOJO told him he can do it but it breaks welsh law (Englexit?)

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » May 12, 2020, 2:52 am

Matt Lucas explains the new rules:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1259566662791106569

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » May 12, 2020, 2:55 am

Keep alert Stay lucky.jpg

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 12, 2020, 9:44 am

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 12, 2020, 10:22 am

It appears that Boris's switching from 'stay at home' to 'be alert' was not endorsed by either Professor Chris Whitty, the Chief Medical Officer for England, nor Sir Patrick Vallance, the government’s Chief Scientific Adviser.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... y-vallance
Last edited by tamada on May 12, 2020, 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 12, 2020, 11:33 am

Only a fiver a bottle at Oddbins. Quick, someone get a case and send it to #10.
vino claro.jpg
Stay home and be alert!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 12, 2020, 12:59 pm

I thought BoJo made it perfectly clear last night with this quote

"Stay at home if you can, but go to work if you have no alternative"

am I right in saying that it is ok to go back to work (construction or manufacturing) provided you can get a child minder in to look after the kids but it is illegal for your mum to come round to your house to look after the kids whilst you go to work/shopping/exercise.

Loved the Chris Whitty & Sir Patrick Vallance replies to such a direct question. Both rambled on about giving advice to the govt and not their job to make political decisions whilst not quite saying openly that they disagreed with the govt decision. So the Scottish scientists and Health pros, The Welsh Scientists and Health Pros, The Irish Scientists and Health Pros, The "independent" Sage group (made up of ex Sage advisors) and the two leading members of the govts own Sage group were all in favour of the lockdown staying in place ........... BUT as always ............. "We are following the scientific advice"

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » May 12, 2020, 1:55 pm

An Englishman walked into a bar, the Scotsman, Irishman and Welshman stayed at home.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 12, 2020, 2:18 pm

Bet they wouldn't have stayed at home if the Bar was "open"

udonsmiles
udonmap.com

Post by udonsmiles » May 12, 2020, 4:06 pm

5stages.jpg

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 12, 2020, 5:09 pm

Yes, DM the vast majority of people that I speak to are quite happy with the way crisis is being handled. It's all about using common sense.

I saw a typical whinger on the news this morning. A teacher who asked "What about me? What if I go to school and catch Covid and bring it home to my family". If I had been the interviewer, I would have given her a slap and told her "your choice sweetheart but it's what the nurses have been doing for the past 2 months. If you dont want to be a teacher, f*** off and dont collect your wages at the end of the month". There are NHS workers who have been staying in hotels and not seen their families for a month who earn a lot less than the whingers.

To pick up on a couple of other points.

GT. You cannot compare one country with another as every nation has different dynamics, populations, transport infrastructure etc. Given that London is a transport hub and a very multi cultural society (like NY), it is hardly surprising that the UK has suffered.

I travelled back to the UK about 2 weeks before lockdown. I remember posting on this or another forum that it was noticeable that, almost without exception, every oriental I encountered had a facemask and every whitey was mask free. At that time, everyone felt it was concentrated in specific areas and we would escape. If the UK government had suggested isolation at that time, they would have been ridiculed.

Statts, the situation on PPE is that each individual trust has (and had) purchasing power to obtain enough before the outbreak. That they chose not to was their responsibility and not the Governments. The Trusts negotiating ability in purchasing situations is laughable and they reaped what they showed.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 12, 2020, 6:02 pm

What pray FFS were they supposed to stop treating to enable them to "stock up" on PPE?

That responsibility is 100% at the govts door .......... nobody else

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 12, 2020, 9:26 pm

Not my words but I couldn’t have put it any better myself.
Over to you Statts to pick each statement apart one by one........
Lets get this in perspective for the crayon eaters who are set on pulling Boris down.
Firstly THE GOVERMENT DOES NOT ORDER EQUIPMENT for the NHS, they supply the money. The lazy arse MANAGERS of the NHS are the procurement sources.
It's not the government that deals with the logistics for the NHS, it's yes you've guessed it the NHS, more piss poor NHS management (goverment sorted that by giving them the Army).
Two years ago there was a major exercise about the country being prepared for a possible pandemic, the government did NOT run that exercise, the NHS did, which they used their fantastic line "we can flex" so they were supposedly in a good place, add to that now Brexit with all the stockpiles that we had, they sat there and told the goverment we are ok. Did the MANAGERS then pre empt the 4 weeks pipeline ordering (thats how long it takes container ship to come from......CHINA)....
oh how did we end up in that situation, well you stopped ordering from local sources, mistake all the eggs in one basket, who did that, not the goverment the NHS procurement.
With the care homes now screaming out for PPE shouting at the goverment, oh wait the majority of care home are PRIVATE business's, 84% to be exact. It is not the responsibility of the goverment to order PPE for the private care homes, the others are COUNCIL led therefore which ever banner they are under it is down to them. There are all these people hiding behind the goverment when in reality it is those MANAGERS who have fcuked up. Not to worry though all our stirling journalists and crayon munching joe public who believe the tripe they publish, to bash the goverment, one because they didn't vote for Brexit and two because the toxic crayons have got to them.
The real joe public know our media are sh!te in almost every quarter and the muppets that chuck the stones from the sidelines, you know the ones that are armchair virologist/strategy professionals who could do oh so much better....NOT.
The goverment has made mistakes, but not as many as the media would have you believe, instead of trying to pull the UK together it seeks to divide, we don't need this at this crucial time, stop reading the gutter press, the armchair freaks STFU we need to get through this and your incessant squeaking is nothing but oxygen waste.
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 12, 2020, 11:19 pm

I'm not going to pick each statement apart as the whole thing is total bs

Does this pratt really think that top EU advisers are gonna phone up Joe Blogs in NHS Blackburn followed by a call to Mrs Marple head of procurement for Norwich & District NHS Trust to see how big a share they want in a 40 Billion Euro order or PPE?

Who's in charge (supposedly) of the NHS?

BTW tell this unnamed moron that it was the govt that "buried" the cygnus report not the NHS coz they didn't want Joe public to see how underfunded they had left the NHS

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 13, 2020, 1:14 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 12, 2020, 6:02 pm
What pray FFS were they supposed to stop treating to enable them to "stock up" on PPE?

That responsibility is 100% at the govts door .......... nobody else
This is like the Aussies blaming their PM for the misappropriation of adequate funding and fire-fighting gear at state level. The blame for the shortcomings of state controlled budgets and state controlled entities were laid at Canberra's door after the bush fires.

NHS Trusts are wholly-owned and locally managed little fiefdoms of Bevan's 'national treasure' and thus fare game for budgetary oversights, boondoggles, fripperies and the inappropriate financial rewarding of their management.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 13, 2020, 1:18 pm

Yet another classic from BOJO & his French Dressers (more use than the cabinet) ...

If you want to sell your house its ok for you to be visited by numerous strangers from the other end of the country and show them around every last corner of the house but your mum (possibly from the same Street) cannot visit and sit six foot away for a cup of tea and a chat (you have to go to the park etc and stand 6ft away to talk)

Return to “U.K.”